Subscribe: NetWellness Incontinence
Preview: NetWellness Incontinence

NetWellness Incontinence

Latest NetWellness content for Incontinence

Last Build Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 03:12:02 PST

Copyright: Copyright 2007

Neurogenic Bladder

Tue, 06 Dec 2011 06:12:00 EST

Question: Is neurogenic bladder treatable?

Answer: There are many ways to manage a neurogenic bladder. It is important to be evaluated by a urologist and have the treatment options reviewed.

Ask an Expert: Donald Bodner MD, Incontinence

After Bladder Surgery

Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:10:00 EST

Question: I had bladder surgery done the last week of August, how long does it take to heal before I know my bladder is working and not having to go to the bathroom as much as I had before surgery.

Answer: Treatmet for urinary leakage would not affect you urgency and urinary frequency. Result of anti incontinence surgery is almost always immediate.

Ask an Expert: Ahmad Hamidinia MD, Incontinence

Sudden Incontinence in 19 Year Old

Sun, 09 Oct 2011 23:10:00 EST

Question: I am 19 years old and within the past week i have suddenly started wetting on myself. the first time it happened was when i was asleep and it woke me up then the next night it happened again but it didn`t wake me up. the following day i was cooking dinner and it suddenly happened again only i was aw . . .

Answer: I am not sure what is causing the sudden leakage. I would suggest that you be seen by your doctor for a more complete history and physical exam, and have your urine checked to rule out a bladder infection.

Ask an Expert: Donald Bodner MD, Incontinence

Monarc Mesh Protruding

Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:03:00 EST

Question: I had a monarch mesh implant 5 years ago same time a s hyst. Did well for abour 4 years. Now pain, pinching, spotting small of blood. Doctor excised a piece of the mesh, and told me I was fine, but symptoms persist. He told me my new problem of incontinence and urgency, and accidents was my fault be . . .

Answer: Although morbid obesity may influence the result of anti-inontinence procedure but another reason could be erosion of the mesh. We usually recommend if the mesh is exposed to remove it under general anesthesia. I think you should have more investigation to see if the mesh is truly what is causing th . . .

Ask an Expert: Ahmad Hamidinia MD, Incontinence

Loss of bladder sensation.

Thu, 27 Jan 2011 01:01:00 EST

Question: I had a miscarriage in June of 2010 and ever since then I have lost the feeling of my bladder being full. I only feel it when it is really full and sometimes I feel like it`s full about and hour after I went. Should I go to the doctor?

Answer: Loss of sensation of bladder could be the first signal of many neurological conditions. It is best you see a urologist or neurologist to explore this condition.

Ask an Expert: Ahmad Hamidinia MD, Incontinence

Incontinence When Coughing

Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:01:00 EST

Question: Please help! I have asthma which sometimes makes me cough. I recently got bronchitis and a sinus infection which made me cough a lot. I missed a whole week of work, not because I was too sick to work but because I was coughing so much my clothing would end up soaked in urine multiple times per day. . . .

Answer: In order to be of any assistance to you, we need to know your gender, age and parity. Also we need to know if you have pure stress incontinence or is it mixed with urgency. A urologist or urogynecologist will be able to help you by having answers to the above questions and a simple examination. Trea . . .

Ask an Expert: Ahmad Hamidinia MD, Incontinence

Incontinence and Weight

Sun, 26 Dec 2010 07:12:00 EST

Question: I see ads for urinary incontinence products on TV and they always say to "talk to your doctor" but when I mentioned this to my doctor all she did was nag me (again) to lose weight.

My Mom and grandma both had urinary incontinence at my age and they both had surgery that corrected it. . . .

Answer: It would be worth seeing a urologist to get a moe complete history and perform a physical examination. There are many treatments for urinary incontinence depwnding upon the cause and urology referral would seem appropriate to give you more information regarding your options.

Ask an Expert: Donald Bodner MD, Incontinence

Catheter Fitting in an Inverted Penis

Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:10:00 EST

Question: My 85 year old father has incontinence problems. He also suffers from an inverted penis. I believe a catheter may help but cannot get a definative yes or no as to whether it can be done or not. Can you help?

Thank you

Answer: A catheter can most likely be placed. You should discuss the pros and cons of a chronic catheter with his physcian. The catheter may be the most practical option but can also be associated with urinary tract infections.

Ask an Expert: Donald Bodner MD, Incontinence

Nocturnal Enuresis

Wed, 13 Oct 2010 04:10:00 EST

Question: I had problem of bedwetting in childhood that became normal as I grew. Now I`m 30 years old. Yesterday night before sleeping I drank water & at 3.30am. I was having dream then I felt a little wet & I was surprised to see that I had passed urine but still&nb . . .


Bed wetting during sleep, also known as sleep enuresis, often has a variety of underlying causes. Sleep enuresis is quite common in children but begins to decrease in frequency once above the age of 5. Only about 1-2% of 18 year olds will have this problem and it becomes even less frequent in adu . . .

Ask an Expert: Dennis Auckley MD, Incontinence

Incontinence & Two Failed Sling Procedures

Sat, 19 Jun 2010 07:06:00 EST

Question: Are there any other procedures after two failed monarc and fast sling procedures?

Answer: It sounds like the indication for Monarc is to be questioned. If there is still true stress urinary incontinence type 2, then lifting the urethra by other available techniques are feasible. In order to reach any diagnostic conclusion a fleuro urodynamic study is recommended.

Ask an Expert: Ahmad Hamidinia MD, Incontinence