Subscribe: Humor and Quips and Quirks, OH MY!
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
back  bathroom  day  days  don  life  nice  night  place  safe place  safe  sleep  someone  things  time  wrestling 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Humor and Quips and Quirks, OH MY!

Humor and Quips and Quirks, OH MY!

Just proof that EVERYONE can be everything some of the time, something all of the time and nothing...never.

Updated: 2017-09-05T08:49:58.769-05:00


If you could see me now!


Yesterday, they came to hook me up to the ambulatory eeg machine. It's a portable EEG. They hook up 22 wires to the head, glue them on, cover them in gauze, tape it down, then cover it in a mesh head cover then they tape that down. Then you're hooked up to your portable eeg machine which is a bit bigger than a fanny pack. It has to be carried around all day. I will be on this machine for a few days. Maybe I'll have it off by tomorrow. We'll see!

Really GREAT Italian food!


Scotto and I went out last night with my brother and sister-in-law to this great place called Bravo! Cucina Italiana. We went to the new place in Bayshore. What a GREAT meal! The service was extremely friendly and very solicitous, the food was fast, hot and unbelievably delicious! The ambiance of the place is unreal. It looks just like you're sitting in Rome. Big, beautiful roman columns and huge overblown chandeliers. The yellow-ish tinted walls, the dark chairs with the white table-clothed tables. It's unbelievably beautiful. I know we can't afford to eat there on a regular basis, but for a once-upon-a-time kinda thing, it was truly fantastic! I'm so glad we went with them. I hadn't been feeling well a lot of this past week.

On the 19th, someone is coming here to hook me up to the EEG machine here at home and then gauze my head so I can leave the EEG hooked up for a few days straight. Hopefully, they'll get a better idea as to what is going on in this brain of mine.

It was so nice to get a night out, with no kids and just I'm always someone's mom, someone's friend, someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's housekeeper, someone's SOMETHING. Every now and then it's nice to just get out and be...ME again. I forget after so much time of being everything for everyone, what it feels like to just be me. I like it. And I like me.

Been sick


My apologies for my absence. I've been sick again. Real dizzy and nauseated. Lots of throwing up and all sorts of icky stuff y'all don't wanna know about. I'm going to physical therapy today because my doctor wants me to go. The physical therapist said she didn't think they could do anything for me because some of my problems are too far gone...and I just want to go in and get that in writing so she can give it to my doctor to prove to her that physical therapy in this case is useless.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Lunesta (actualy, LOONesta read on and you'll see)


So I've always had a helluva time sleeping. I don't have a problem with just getting to sleep, but I also have a problem staying asleep as well. I've had this problem for probably my entire adult life (at least as far back as I can remember). For this problem, I was taking Ambien. It didn't do shit. And when I say "shit"...I mean nuttin, nada, bupkiss, zero, zilch, jack diddly squat...NOTHING! So I went to see my good ol' doc last week and asked her what her thoughts were on the subject (being sleep-deprived a lot of times means ya can't even think for yourself anymore) and she told me she thought I should try Loonesta. Now I know it's really spelled L-U-N-E-S-T-A, but it makes ya so damn loony, I'll spell it my way, thank you very much. The first night I took it, I'll admit, it made me a little drowsy and I slept ok for the most part. I was having this dream that to me seemed more vivid than I had normally remembered my dreams to be. I didn't attribute this to the medicine and moved on with my day. Later that morning, I noticed that every damn thing I ate or drank had such a nasty bitter taste to it, that I couldn't eat or drink anything at all! Everytime I tried, I felt sick because the taste was so bad. I thought maybe I was sick or something, and again...moved on with my day. I've been on the Loonesta now for about 4 days. It's been 4 days of nasty, awful, terrible, rotten bitter tasting EVERYTHING (except things made of chocolate, go figure) and nights filled with just the most vivid, colorful, strange dreams. The dreams don't even feel like they're mine. The only way I can clearly describe it is that it feels like I'm trippin!! The colors are sooooo vivid, the dream is so unreal, yet unbelievably life-like!! The dreams wake me up about 3-4 times a night...and when they wake me, it feels like I'm not me. The dreams don't have me in them, they're not about me...and I don't recognize anyone in them. I'm having SOMEONE ELSE'S dreams!!

This prompted me to do a little Googling on the is what I found.
When you click here basically what it says is that a shitload of other people have the same problem I have. the letter, same kind of problem. Then...when you click here it says a lot of the same things on the other page only in more detail than before.

I can't believe I finally have an answer to why I've been feeling like I have!'s back to Ambien, let's see what happens.

P.S. I felt so shitty yesterday that I actually had to walk out of my son's wrestling meet and leave him with his dad so I could come home. I've never missed ANYTHING my kids have done outside of school. I was REALLY upset. Fortunately, my boy was really understanding and didn't give me too much of a hard time about it.

Forgot to tell you!


Andy took a silver medal at his wrestling meet on Sunday! Woooohoooooooo! I am SO proud of him! He's got another meet this coming Saturday. I hope he does well!!

Gotta stay up all night


I have an EEG tomorrow morning at 8am and it's required that I be sleep-deprived. So I have to stay up all night. I've managed to wrangle myself a bunch of friends that are willing to IM me and call me at various times throughout the night to keep my sorry ass awake. I sure hope it works! I'm not allowed any caffeine because I guess it changes the EEG, so I'm on my own on this one! I'm sure it'll be ok, but I tell ya...after my 8am appointment, you can bet your sweet ass I'm laying down for a nice, long nap! It always takes three days to get that damn electrode glue outta your hair!! You'd think after 20 years of this shit, they'd find a better way to get them little bastards to stick!

Wish me luck :)

Well, we did it


We filed for physical custody of my stepson. We've been wanting to do this for awhile now but there were certain conditions that had to happen before we could file papers. Now the thing about Wisconsin custody cases is this: EVERY case gets sent to mediation before the case can go to court. I know Scotto's ex-wife, there ain't no way IN HELL she'll mediate anything! Hopefully it doesn't take the mediator long to see she won't be willing to work with them and he'll give up soon so we can get this matter into court and over with.

Somewhat bummed


There are these things that Scotto and I have been wanting to do once we had the money to do them. Unfortunately, I can't go into detail about what these things are, but I assure you, they are not superficial or shallow in nature. They are very important to us and our family. Lately, it seems like right when we get to a point when we think we may be able to achieve our goals...reality happens and we're not able to do what we are wanting to do here. I'm not being selfish or childish, throwing a temper tantrum or having a hissy fit. I'm not being self-absorbed or looking for pity. I'm just stating facts. There is one little person in this world that has been very patient, sitting back and waiting for us to have what we need to get these things done and I feel just awful that we have yet to be able to do them for him.

I just did some creative accounting here, trying to figure out if there was some way to move funds around to make things happen this week...and I just don't see it. Scotto's at work and he doesn't yet know that we aren't going to be able to make it work out again this week. I assure you, this thing we need to do is more important to him than it is to me...not to say that it isn't important to me, because it is. I feel terrible that I have to tell him it's not going to happen.

God, I just hate days like this. Where are these damn money trees anyway???


I've had a fever for the past 3 days. I have no other symptoms aside from being tired and having the chills. I had a flu shot this year again and I wonder if I managed to get the flu and the flu shot is just keeping it from getting too bad. I'm sure it'll's just irritating to feel shitty when I have so much to get done.

Ok...done bitchin'...Andi out

A busy, busy girl


Friday night, I took my hubby and son to my favorite restaurant about a half hour north of where we live. As always, everything was really yummy, service was quick, but very nice. A good time was had by all. We stopped in to see my sister and sister-in-law afterwards because they live in the city we ate in. It was nice to see them in their new home. They just purchased their first home. They're so excited and are spending most of their time (and unfortunately, their money as well) making their new home exactly what they want it to be.

Saturday, Scott and Josh had plans to go to World of Wheels which was in Milwaukee over the weekend ( and I had nothing planned. My sister and her wife invited me to come visit them while hubby and kiddo were gone so they drove me up there and then went on their way. Normally, I'd have driven myself but hubby wanted to use my car to go to Milwaukee. Anyway, I went to visit them...we ordered some Chinese from a local restaurant and just sat around chatting, watching some TV and just catching up. It was really nice seeing them again. I don't see them nearly enough.

Today, we have another wrestling tournament for Andy. This one is about 45 minutes away. They are usually all-day events. I hope the snow stays away long enough for us to get there and back. After we get home, I need to get to the grocery store. They originally said it wasn't suppose to snow until tonight but now it looks like it'll snow all dayum day. I sure hope it doesn't snow too bad while we're out. Wish my kid some luck on his wrestling tournament today!

Just checking this out


I want to see how this looks...ignore me LOL

(image) - Glitter Graphics - MySpace Layouts

Kentucky Fried BITCHIN


We live in a relatively small community. There are two villages very close to each other. I live in one of them...the other is so close that you hardly know you're leaving ours when you go into the other one. Around here, we have very limited resources when it comes to fast food choices. You should have seen the party this town threw when we got a McDonald's AND a Taco Bell in the same year!

Anyway, today we decided we wanted to get something different than burgers or tacos so we stopped at the local KFC. Normally, we don't go there because they have THE NASTIEST drive-thru staff in the entire state. It's truly an awful experience. Today, was no different. After being treated like second-rate citizens by someone that clearly makes little more than minimum wage and has a chip on her shoulder about it...we were told to pull over into the first parking stall and wait. Twenty minutes later, some young girl comes out with not only our food...but the food for the guy that was behind me and the lady that was behind HIM as well! I understand it's cold outside and my daddy always told me to "work smart, not hard" but C'MON...we waited 20 minutes so they gather up more than one order and bring them out all at once? How ridiculous is that?? Especially considering the fact that none of those folks working inside are near nice enough for someone to have to wait that long in the drive-thru. I don't know about you all, but I personally don't mind waiting a little longer if the food is good and the service is pleasant. Maybe that's just me.

They gave me a receipt with a website address on it to go and take a survey and possibly win $1000. Maybe I'll fill that baby out...and if I'm lucky, I can win some money too!

The Safe Place


Whenever someone in this house wants to put something away so that it can be found again later, we say we're putting it in a "safe place". Two things should be known about the safe place...

#1: The safe place is never the same for everyone in the house.

#2: The reason the safe place is so safe is because no one can ever remember where the safe place is.

This is what happened to me today. A few weeks ago, my friend Tina was over here showing me the newest pictures of her daughter. Her daughter is 18 months old and is sooooo cute! Anyway, I took a 5 x 7 of her daughter and a couple wallets and immediately declared that I was going to put them in a safe place so nothing would happen to them before I could figure out the perfect frame to put them in. Today, Tina and I were talking on the phone about how the house looks so empty now that the Christmas stuff is down and she asked me if I'd ever gotten around to putting her daughter's picture up. Panic quickly set in. WHERE?!? OH GOD...WHERE IS THAT DAMN SAFE PLACE AGAIN???

Scotto and I tore this house apart looking for them pictures. We were down here, upstairs, in the basement, in closets and drawers, and envelopes. I was just about to pull my hair out when I decided to open this little drawer that sits under the table my printer is on. SURE ENOUGH!!! There they were! Sitting nice and safe on the bottom of the drawer, where nothing would EVER happen to them. Yaaaaaaaaay! I found them! What a freakin' genius I am!! LOL

So now, while I await the delivery of my genius medal...I'm spending some time making the perfect frame so that I don't lose put them away in a "safe place" again!

Finally found the time...


To take ALL my Christmas stuff down. Everything! The lights on the windows, all the knick knack stuff, all the stuff on the walls...and of course, the tree! I'm happy I got it all down, but now the room feels SO empty. I miss having that beautiful Christmas stuff up all around the house. It felt homey and warm in here.'s just plain ol' Andi again. *sigh* I moved some things around a little bit here and there and added a few things so the house doesn't look EXACTLY like it did before...but it sure does look empty!! lol

What a LONG day!


Today was Andy's first wrestling tournament. Here's what one of these things is like:

Registration starts at 7am (even though everyone's already pre-registered weeks in advance)...

Then we have weigh-ins...takes about 5 minutes...

Then we sit around for 2 hours while they set up brackets for the tournament...

Then we wait another hour because someone screwed up...

Wrestlers start wrestling somewhere around 11-11:30am...

3 rounds of wrestling at 1.5 hours each round = 4.5 hours of wrestling of which YOUR kid will actually wrestle (if he's lucky) for a grand total of 13.5 minutes...

Go get your medal, trophy, or whatever they're giving out that day...

Sometime around 4-4:30pm...leave the building and drive home from whatever city is hosting the tournament. Today, we were lucky, the city was only a half an hour away. They do these tournaments on Saturdays AND Sundays and some of them are 2 hours away! I love my son like no one else LOL but I think his dad will be stepping up on this one and taking him to some of his meets lol


I had one of those night's of sleep last night where I kept looking at the clock thinking maybe 2 hours or so had gone by and found that it had only been like 5 minutes...I think I got about an hour's worth of sleep last night with all that waking up. I got up at 4:30am cuz I had to pee, and decided to take a shower then, to save some time and try to get rid of this burdgeoning backache I was getting. I went back to bed, but didn't sleep...and finally rousted my ass out of bed at about 6:15am. I hope to sleep better tonight!!

I twitch...therefore I am


This is just driving me NUTS! Everytime I get even remotely comfortable and I start to relax, my whole body goes into this convulsive thing where it jerks really hard once. It's happened so many times now, it's actually getting painful! I've had it and I've seen it when ya first fall asleep and ya get that hypnic jerk thing where all your muscles spasm at once. But once it happens once, it usually goes away. This happens everytime I start to relax. It's even happening at times when I'm not sleeping yet. I'm just relaxed, eyes closed or open doesn't matter...and then WHAM! One really violent jerking movement and I'm awake again! It's starting to affect my general demeanor. I'm not even a nice person anymore these days! LOL This lack of sleep thing is completely destroying my whole nice-girl persona! lol I'm yellin at people left and right!

Banished to...


The land of no sleep!! Two nights in a row, numbers of drugs to try to sleep and still...NUTTIN! 3 hours is all I'm allowed then I'm up! Up! up! UPPPPPPPPP!

I'm a little frustrated right now.

Any suggestions? I know I probably don't have any readers anymore...but I'll take suggestions from ANYONE at this point...

If anyone is reading this, I'm gonna guess you're wondering why I haven't blogged in 6 months. I think I just got so hung up on the day-to-days of life that I didn't think I'd have anything interesting to blog about. I was getting REALLY good at hiding my emotions and just plodding along through my life.

Well, I quit smoking again January 1st. When I'm not smoking, I'm emotional and very raw for awhile, so I thought NOW would be the perfect time to start blogging again. But beware, I'm really raw and open about how I feel about things these days and I'm not good at censoring.

So I guess we'll see what happens!

Missing Child


Hi all...

I have a friend whose 14-year old nephew is missing. He was walking home from a friend's house on Thursday June 29, 2006 and he didn't make it home. He has not been seen since. The family has asked me to make a webpage for them and to share it with everyone I know. Please take a look at this link and notify someone if you've seen this child. Thanks so much!

In case y'all are wonderin'


Where I've been..

I've been playing "Mommy Taxi" with my kids lol.

Wrestling season was upon us and I was doing the 4-day-a-week run back and forth to practices and meets. Now wrestling is over and little league starts this next week so I'll be doing the 4-day-a-week run for that too!! Baseball ends in July and then football starts in August. Then that goes til January and then wrestling starts again in February! I don't mind doing this all though...keeps the boys outta trouble. Just cuts in on my Internet blogging time! *cries* I do miss y'all like mad. I've been trying to keep up on everyone's blogs but somehow falling short of my goals. I do hope you all have a fantastic Easter and find yourselves filled with houses full of loved ones and warmth.

I will try harder to get on here and update y'all on stuff going on.

With love,

I'm Fuzzy!!!


Respectfully ripped off from Livey

Andi --


Fuzzy to the touch

'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at

This One's For Livey


We've all been there but don't like to admit it.We've all kicked back in our cubicles and suddenly felt something brewing downbelow. As much as we try to convince ourselves otherwise, the WORK POOP isinevitable. For those who hate pooping at work, following is the Survival Guidefor taking a dump at work.CROP DUSTINGWhen farting, you walk really fast around the office so the smell is not in yourarea and everyone else gets a whiff, but doesn't know where it came from. Becareful when you do this. Do not stop until the full fart has been expelled.Walk an extra 30 feet to make sure the smell has left your pants.FLY BYThe act of scouting out a bathroom before pooping. Walk in and check for otherpoopers. If there are others in the bathroom, leave and come back again. Becareful not to become a FREQUENT FLYER. People may become suspicious if theycatch you constantly going into the bathroom.ESCAPEEA fart that slips out while taking a leak at the urinal or forcing a poop in astall. This is usually accompanied by a sudden wave of embarrassment. If yourelease an escapee, do not acknowledge it. Pretend it did not happen. If youare standing next to the farter in the urinal, pretend you did not hear it. Noone likes an escapee. It is uncomfortable for all involved. Making a joke orlaughing makes both parties feel uneasy.JAILBREAKWhen forcing a poop, several farts slip out at a machine gun pace. This isusually a side effect of diarrhea or a hangover. If this should happen, do notpanic. Remain in the stall until everyone has left the bathroom to spareeveryone the awkwardness of what just occurred.COURTESY FLUSHThe act of flushing the toilet the instant the poop hits the water. This reducesthe amount of air time the poop has to stink up the bathroom. This can help youavoid being caught doing the WALK OF SHAME.WALK OF SHAMEWalking from the stall, to the sink, to the door after you have just stunk upthe bathroom. This can be a very uncomfortable moment if someone walks in andbusts you. As with farts, it is best to pretend that the smell does not exist.Can be avoided with the useof the COURTESY FLUSH.OUT OF THE CLOSET POOPERA colleague who poops at work and is Doggone proud of it. You will often see anOut Of The Closet Pooper enter the bathroom with a newspaper or magazine undertheir arm. Always look around the office for the Out Of The Closet Pooperbefore entering the bathroom.THE POOPING FRIENDS NETWORK (P.F.N)A group of co-workers who band together to ensure emergency pooping goes offwithout incident. This group can help you to monitor the whereabouts of Out OfThe Closet Poopers, and identify SAFE HAVENS.SAFE HAVENSA seldom used bathroom somewhere in the building where you can least expectvisitors. Try floors that are predominantly of the opposite s*x. This willreduce the odds of a pooper of your s*x entering the bathroom.TURD BURGLARSomeone who does not realize that you are in the stall and tries to force thedoor open. This is one of the most shocking and vulnerable moments that canoccur when taking a poop at work. If this occurs, remain in the stall until theTurd Burglar leaves. This way you will avoid all uncomfortable eye contact.CAMO-COUGHA phony cough that alerts all new entrants into the bathroom that you are in astall. This can be used to cover-up a WATERMELON, or to alert potential TurdBurglars. Very effective when used in conjunction with an ASTAIRE.ASTAIREA subtle toe-tap that is used to alert potential Turd Burglars that you areoccupying a stall. This will remove all doubt that the stall is o[...]

Don't have time for much...


But this was pretty accurate so I thought I'd post it. I'm still just swamped with stuff going on here but I promise I'll be back soon!

Love to all!

Your Love Life Secrets Are

Looking back on your life, you will only have one true love.

You're a little scarred from your past relationships, but who isn't?

You expect a lot from your lover - you want the full package. You tend to be very picky.

In fights, you speak your mind and don't hold back. You know you're right, and you can get quite angry about it.

Getting over a break-up doesn't take long. Easy come, easy go.

A Lamborghini huh?


I'm a Lamborghini Murcielago!


You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

I have been SO busy!


I've been busy busy busy lately.

I owe my mother money from many many moons ago. In her infinite wisdom, she decided that instead of paying her back, she'll have me do some things for her and she'll "forget" about the money I owe her.

Sooo...she has been wanting to get rid of the karaoke machine and cds that were at the bar/bowling alley they bought over a year ago. I took them off her hands and have been posting them up for sale on Ebay. They've been selling really well. All but 15 CDs are gone and I'm hoping someone will take the karaoke machine. It's not easy putting 66 CDs up for sale individually, especially when you have to type out all the songs on each one lol.

Once this is done and it's all settled with mom, I'll be getting back to doing my real "work". We've got a bunch of art shows coming up starting in March and I am nowhere near prepared for them. I have so much inventory I need to make yet. I'll be a busy girl for awhile, but I don't want to let this blog go either. It's a nice place for me to just put down the stuff that's going on.

We'll see how that goes.

Great news!


After two loooooooooong years, the settlement for my car accident is finally settled! I was beginning to wonder if this was going to go on for the rest of my life. I really hate suing people. I think the United States as a whole has become a litigation-happy society and I can't stand the vultures out there just waiting for something to happen to you so they can reap the benefits. When I got hit by the guy, I had completely intended on handling things myself. I was injured and his insurance company knew that. I got them to pay for my car (it was totalled) and after that, they refused to deal with me anymore. I had no choice but to find a lawyer. This whole thing has been one huge drawn-out process that seriously should not have taken two years to settle. Some of the claims they were making so they could try to weasel out of paying were absolutely ludicrous! At one point, the insurance company even tried to claim that the accident was MY fault even though HE got a ticket, HE ran a stop sign, and the police report shows all that. Unbelievable.

I'm so happy it's over now! Scott thinks I should get more money than I'm getting, but to me...I'm just glad it's over, I'm not hurting anymore because of it and I can move on with my life.