Subscribe: Meta - New pages [en]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Newpages&feed=rss
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: Malay
Tags:
background  color  mylanguage tech  mylanguage  news  special mylanguage  special  style  tech news  tech  wikimedia  wmf 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Meta - New pages [en]

Meta - New pages [en]



From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki



Last Build Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 13:50:39 GMT

 



WikiProject U.S. Roads/cs

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:40:15 GMT

Martin Vrut: Created page with "Tučně napsány primární projekty"



{{:WikiProject U.S. Roads/Header|Silnice Spojených států|{{ll|Wikiprojekt}} zaměřený na dálnice a silnice Spojených států}}
Vítejte na wikiprojektu Silnice Spojených států. Naším cílem je podporovat tvorbu článků, souborů atd. týkajících se silnic ve Spojených státech amerických na všech stránkách nadace Wikimedia, kde jest takovýto obsah tvořiti možno.

== Členové ==

Tučně napsány primární projekty

{{:WikiProject U.S. Roads/Participants}}
==Velvyslanectví==

Zde je odkaz na tento wikiprojekt na jiných stránkách nadace Wikimedia.

{{:WikiProject U.S. Roads/Embassy}}

==Role==

=== {{ll|Meta:About|Meta}} ===

Coordination and outreach

=== {{ll|Wikipedie}} ===

Články o silnicích

=== {{ll|Wikimedia Commons}} ===

ukládání a kategorisace obrázků, map ...

=== {{ll|Wikidata}} ===

Data do infoboxů

=== {{ll|Wikislovník}} ===

Definice vztahující se k silnicím

=== {{ll|Wikicesty ===}}

Navigace a informace

=== {{ll|Wikizdroje}} ===

Storing highway-related legislation

=== {{ll|Wikizprávy}} ===

Zpravodajské články o silnicích

=== {{ll|Wikiquote}} ===

Quotes about roads

=== {{ll|Wikiversita}} ===

Výukové materiály o silnicích a navigaci

=== Zdroje ===

*Full list of WMF wikis and our presence on each: [[:WikiProject U.S. Roads/List]]

==Odkazy==

*[[User:Krinkle/Tools/Global SUL]] - to create accounts on all WMF publicly editable wikis
[[Category:WikiProjects{{#translation:}}]]
[[Category:United States{{#translation:}}]]



Support and Safety/cs

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:31:09 GMT

Martin Vrut: Created page with ";Maggie Dennisová"
'''Support and Safety''' ('''SuSa''', formerly Community Advocacy) serves the [[Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia Foundation|Wikimedia Foundation]], contributors and the public by providing support on Foundation initiatives with a focus on community consultations, governance, and training, and by addressing trust and safety concerns including around appropriately escalating threats communicated on our projects and helping to safeguard the safety of attendees of Wikimedia Foundation supported events. Support and Safety comprises part of the '''[[Special:MyLanguage/Community Engagement|Community Engagement]]''' department and works closely with the [[Special:MyLanguage/Legal|Legal]] team. Much of our time is spent "fire-fighting" and triaging customer service contacts to get them to the correct group of editing volunteers. We also monitor issues of emerging concern for the communities and attempt to provide support to other departments so that they can effectively work with communities. We also serve as a bridge, connecting resources and domain expertise to the staff. ==Co děláme== [[File:Support & Safety Team.pdf|thumb|left]] The Support and Safety team supports staff, the public and volunteers in our community through approximately 12 workflows in three broad areas. ===Přímá podpora komunity=== The Support and Safety team works to build bridges between our international and linguistically diverse editor base and maintains contact with communities across the globe. We step in to facilitate interactions among volunteers, WMF and the public and to support several key community functionary groups in their work. Regular workflows include: * '''Liaison work''': to [[Special:MyLanguage/OTRS|OTRS]], [[Special:MyLanguage/CheckUser|CheckUser]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Arbitration committee|arbitration committees]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Oversight policy|Oversighters]], and other global functionaries * '''Correspondence support''': [[:wmf:Answers|Answers@Wikimedia]] email system, Business@Wikimedia, postal mail, and product ownership of the [[Special:MyLanguage/Mailing lists|mailing lists]] * '''Change management''' and support for program roll-outs * '''Internal wiki support''': stewards wiki, check-user wiki, ombudsman committee wiki {{anchor|TS}} ===Důvěra a bezpečnost === : We step in to protect the safety and integrity of our users, our contributors, and the public. We support a healthy environment on our projects through several work areas. Among other measures, we operate email lists for major problems on Wikimedia projects, including suicide threats, threats of violence, and child pornography. We also own the policies regarding [[Special:MyLanguage/WMF Global Ban Policy|Wikimedia Foundation bans of users from the projects]] and bans from WMF-funded or supported events, and we work with other internal teams to address concerns about user privacy and freedom. :Throughout FY 2015-2016, Support and Safety will be researching harassment and behavioral issues. We are conducting discussions with contributors, stakeholders, and the academic community, gathering data on how other online organizations address such matters (what works and what doesn’t) and how various Wikimedia communities handle issues. For some of the resources we are investigating, see [[Special:MyLanguage/Research:Online harassment resource guide|Online harassment resource guide]]. For a list of NGOs that support victims of harassment or the fight against harassment, see [[Special:MyLanguage/Support_and_Safety/Support|Support]]. Regular workflows include: * '''Evaluation and reporting''': Child pornography reports, [[Threats of harm|Emergency@Wikimedia]] * '''Global & Event bans''': requests, inquiries, investigations & maintenance * '''Identification and access rights''' for community * '''T&S database manag[...]



Tech/News/2016/40/zh

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:29:06 GMT

Liuxinyu970226: Created page with "'''''技术新闻'''由技术大使制作并由机器人送达 • 贡献 • 翻译 •..."


{{Tech header|每周技术新闻有助您追踪那些近期发生且可能影响您和其他维基人的软件变更。请[[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|订阅]]、[[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|作出贡献]]并[[Talk:Tech/News|提供反馈]]。}}
{{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}}
{{Translatable template|Tech news nav}}
{{tech news draft}}



__NOTOC__

[[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]]{{#if: {{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}} | [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]] }}



Tech/News/2016/40/vi

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 02:49:10 GMT

Quenhitran: Created page with "'''''Tin tức Kỹ thuật''' do các đại sứ kỹ thuật chuẩn bị và được đăng bởi bot • $contribute|Đón..."


{{Tech header|Tóm tắt Tin tức Kỹ thuật hàng tuần giúp bạn theo dõi các thay đổi phần mềm gần đây có thể sẽ tác động tới bạn và các thành viên Wikimedia khác cùng với bạn. Hãy [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|đăng ký theo dõi]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|đóng góp]] và [[Talk:Tech/News|phản hồi cho chúng tôi]].}}
{{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}}
{{Translatable template|Tech news nav}}
{{tech news draft}}



__NOTOC__

[[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]]{{#if: {{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}} | [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]] }}



Tech/News/2016/40/ar

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 01:06:06 GMT

Haytham abulela:


{{Tech header|تساعدك ملخصات الأخبار التقنية الأسبوعية على متابعة آخر أخبار البرمجيات الجديدة التي يمكن أن تكون مفيدة لك ولزملائك الويكيميديين. يمكنك [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|الاشتراك]] لتلقي الملخصات الأسبوعية و[[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|المساعدة]] في تطويرها و[[Talk:Tech/News|تزودينا بآرائك وتعليقاتك]].}}
{{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}}
{{Translatable template|Tech news nav}}
{{tech news draft}}



__NOTOC__

[[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]]{{#if: {{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}} | [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]] }}



Tech/News/2016/40/fr

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 01:00:22 GMT

Frigory: Created page with " ne fonctionnera plus sur Wikivoyage à partir du 25 octobre. Veuillez utiliser à la place...." {{Tech header|Les résumés hebdomadaires des actualités techniques vous permettent de suivre les évolutions logicielles récentes qui sont susceptibles de vous affecter, vous et vos collègues wikimédiens. [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Abonnez-vous]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|participez à leur rédaction]] et [[Talk:Tech/News|donnez votre avis]].}} {{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}} {{Translatable template|Tech news nav}} {{tech news draft}}



Tech/News/2016/40/sv

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:54:26 GMT

Johan (WMF): Created page with "'''''Tekniska nyheter''' författade av teknikambassadörerna och postade av en bot • Bidra • $translat..." {{Tech header|Det tekniska veckonyhetsbrevet hjälper dig att få en överblick över mjukvaruändringar som har en god chans att påverka dig och andra wikimedianer. [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Prenumerera]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|bidra]] och [[Talk:Tech/News|ge feedback]].}} {{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}} {{Translatable template|Tech news nav}} {{tech news draft}}
__NOTOC__ [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]]{{#if: {{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}} | [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]] }}[...]



Tech/News/2016/40/en

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:53:20 GMT

FuzzyBot: Updating to match new version of source page


{{Tech header|The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Subscribe]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|contribute]] and [[Talk:Tech/News|give feedback]].}}
{{Translatable template|Deadline|timeanddate=http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161003T09&msg={{URLENCODE:Publication of Wikimedia Tech News}}}}
{{Translatable template|Tech news nav}}
{{tech news draft}}



__NOTOC__

[[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]]{{#if: {{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}} | [[Category:Tech News{{LangCat|Tech/News/2016/40}}|2016/40]] }}



Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues/Template

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:21:12 GMT

Trizek (WMF):


{{tech news draft}}



__NOTOC__



Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:43:46 GMT

Trizek (WMF): Created page with " == WIP == * Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues/October 2016 * Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues/Template"




== WIP ==
* [[Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues/October 2016]]
* [[Collaboration/Newsletter/Issues/Template]]



Wikipedia Asian Month/2016/Article Suggestion

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:07:30 GMT

AddisWang: /* To-do list by Topic */


Here is a list of suggested article that can be created in your language. The article name will be given in English but not necessary exist in EnWp

==Country Wishlist==
This section including 10 article from each Asian country/region that local community wishes you to write in your language.
* Mainland China: [[en:Wu Guanzhong|Wu Guanzhong]] ([[zh:吴冠中|Chinese]])

==To-do list by Topic==
===Artist===
[[en:Zhou Xiaoyan|Zhou Xiaoyan]] ([[zh:周小燕|Chinese]]), [[en:Liao Changyong|Liao Changyong]] ([[zh:廖昌永|Chinese]])
===Athlete===
[[en:Kohei Shibata|Kohei Shibata]] ([[ja:柴田講平|Japanese]]), [[en:Hideto Asamura|Hideto Asamura]] ([[ja:浅村栄斗|Japanese]]), [[en:Zhou Qi|Zhou Qi]] ([[zh:周琦 (篮球运动员)|Chinese]])
===Culture===
[[en:Kuy people|Kuy people]] ([[th:ส่วย (กลุ่มชาติพันธุ์)|Thai]])
===Inter' Politics===
[[en:Singapore–Vietnam relations|Singapore–Vietnam relations]], [[en:Azerbaijan-India relations|Azerbaijan-India relations]], [[en:India–Laos relations|India–Laos relations]]

===Politician===
[[en:Ju Zheng|Ju Zheng]] ([[zh:居正|Chinese]]), [[en:Helen Kim|Helen Kim]] ([[ko:김활란|Korean]]), [[en:Ni Zhifu|Ni Zhifu]] ([[zh:倪志福|Chinese]]), [[en:Sar Kheng|Sar Kheng]] ([[km:ស ខេង|Khmer]])

===Scientist===
[[en:Kono Yasui|Kono Yasui]] ([[ja:保井コノ|Japanese]]), [[en:Tsuruko Haraguchi|Tsuruko Haraguchi]] ([[ja:原口鶴子|Japanese]]), [[en:Chika Kuroda|Chika Kuroda]] ([[ja:黒田チカ|Japanese]]), [[en:Michiyo Tsujimura|Michiyo Tsujimura]] ([[ja:辻村みちよ|Japanese]]), [[en:Mahar Lagmay|Mahar Lagmay]] (Filipino), [[en:Myeong-Hee Yu|Myeong-Hee Yu]] (Korean), [[en:Zhao Yufen|Zhao Yufen]] ([[zh:赵玉芬|Chinese]])

===Weather===
[[en:1996 Oman cyclone|1996 Oman cyclone]], [[en:1996 Andhra Pradesh cyclone|1996 Andhra Pradesh cyclone]]



Collaboration/Newsletter/en

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:49:35 GMT

FuzzyBot: Updating to match new version of source page




Welcome to the multilingual Collaboration team & products newsletter

That newsletter is about [[:mw:Collaboration|Collaboration team]] products: '''[[:mw:Notifications|Notifications]]''', '''[[:mw:Flow|Flow]]''' and '''[[:mw:Edit Review Improvements|Edit Review Improvements]]'''.

It will include news about major bug fixes, documentation, announcements for future plans and releases, information for limited groups of wikis and more. Most urgent updates will still be announced weekly in [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech News]].

Updates are sent out every month.

{{Clickable button 2|2=Sign up to receive that newsletter|1=Collaboration/Newsletter/Subscribe|class=mw-ui-constructive}}

== Past issues ==



Collaboration/Newsletter

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:44:50 GMT

Trizek (WMF): Marked this version for translation






Welcome to the multilingual Collaboration team & products newsletter




That newsletter is about [[:mw:Collaboration|Collaboration team]] products: '''[[:mw:Notifications|Notifications]]''', '''[[:mw:Flow|Flow]]''' and '''[[:mw:Edit Review Improvements|Edit Review Improvements]]'''.



It will include news about major bug fixes, documentation, announcements for future plans and releases, information for limited groups of wikis and more.

Most urgent updates will still be announced weekly in [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech News]].




Updates are sent out every month.


{{Clickable button 2|2=

Sign up to receive that newsletter
|1=Collaboration/Newsletter/Subscribe|class=mw-ui-constructive}}


== Past issues ==



Wikimedia Argentina/Reportes/2016-09

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:39:57 GMT

Giselle Bordoy (WMAR): /* Comunicación */

{|width="100%" align="center"| |width="20%" valign="top"| [[File:Wikimedia Argentina logo.svg|120px|center]] |width="20%" valign="top" align="center"| '''Septiembre 2016'''
Reporte
|width="60%" valign="top"| {{TOC right}} |}
==Programa de Educación== ===Construcción de la cultura libre===
==== Publicación Wikipuentes curso 2016 ==== Lanzamos la publicación [https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Publicaci%C3%B3n_Wikipuentes_2016.pdf Wikipuentes 2016]. En esta ocasión trabajamos las claves para pensar los proyectos de Wikimedia en el aula, explicamos como acompañamos a los diferentes educadores y educadoras en el proceso de edición y qué tipo de artículos se editaron. ==== Curso Wikipuentes segunda edición ==== El jueves 29 de septiembre se lanzó la segunda edición del curso virtual Wikipuentes 2016. En esta edición contamos con más de 600 inscriptos, el mismo durará 6 semanas y plantea mostrar el rol de Wikipedia y sus proyectos hermanos en entornos educativos. ==== Workshop FADU ==== Una de las educadoras que fue parte del primer curso virtual de Wikipuentes presentó el proyecto de fin de curso en una de las cátedras de arquitectura de la [http://www.fadu.uba.ar/ Facultad de Urbanismo y Diseño]. Parte de la exposición fue dada por [[:user:Luisina Ferrante (WMAR)|Luisina Ferrante]], coordinadora del programa de educación de Wikimedia Argentina; en ella trabajo los conceptos básicos de edición y le dio herramientas para que los asistentes a la exposición puedan generar sus propios proyectos educativos vinculados a Wikipedia y a sus proyectos hermanos. ==Programa GLAM== ===Construcción de la cultural local:Participación y contenido===
==== Finalización Wikitour 2016 ==== El 16 de septiembre finalizó el concurso [http://www.wikimedia.org.ar/wikitour/ Wikitour 2016], en el mismo se propusó sacar fotografías de paisajes naturales de Argentina y subirlas a [https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Portada Wikimedia Commons]; durante dos meses se subieron 299 fotos con paisajes de toda Argentina. El objetivo del concurso fue seguir mejorando las imágenes de patrimonios inmateriales de la Argentina. File:Atardecer en Chascomús 3.jpg|''Atardecer en Chascomús'' File:Castillos de hielo.jpg|''Castillos de hielo'' File:Atardecer de Lago.jpg|''Atardecer de lago'' File:CATARATAS 113.jpg|''Cataratas del Iguazú'' ==== Ponencia Congreso de D[...]



Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Annual Plan 2017/en

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:31:13 GMT

Denis Schroeder (WMDE): __NOTOC__ __NOEDITSECTION__ {| style="width: 100%; text-align: center;" | style="color: #808285; background-color: #dce4e8; width:50%" | '''[[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Kompass/en|Annual Compass 2017]]'''
» [[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Kompass/en|Focal points and fields of action for 2017]] | style="color: #fff; background-color: #008752; width:50%" | '''Annual Plan 2017'''
» Goals and objectives for the compass and financial plan 2017 |} '''This page is a translation of Wikimedia Deutschland's [[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Ziele, Indikatoren und Wirtschaftsplan|Annual Plan 2017]]. It includes the goals and objectives resolved by our Supervisory Board and the [[#Financial Plan 2017|Financial Plan 2017]], which awaits approval from our general assembly on November 26.''' ==WMDE Annual Plan 2017== [[File:WMDE Annual Compass 2017 - Overview.png|1000px|center|Schaubild]] {| class="plainlinks" width="100%" height="100%" border=0 cellspacing=6 cellpadding=2 style="font-size: 95%; background-color:#ffffff;" |colspan="2" style="text-align:left"|
'''Goal: Increase the number of volunteers active in Wikipedia through an online campaign which motivates the highest possible number of Wikipedia readers to engage as active editors.''' Objective: #In the course of 2017, the monthly increase of new editors with ten+ edits (and thus passing the ‘new editor threshold’) reaches or surpasses the monthly increase of the respective 2016 months. |} {| class="plainlinks" width="100%" height="100%" border=0 cellspacing=6 cellpadding=2 style="font-size: 95%; background-color:#ffffff;" |colspan="2" style="text-align:left"|
'''Goal 1: Continue volunteer support services and facilitate access to support, including for volunteers active in Wikipedia’s sister projects.''' Objectives: #Through increased awareness and accessibility of our support services the number of individuals active in projects who apply for support rises (baseline Q3 2016 compared to Q3 2017). #WMDE supports at least three projects benefitting major non-German speaking user populations (e.g. refugees). |} {| class="plainlinks" width="100%" height="100%" border=0 cellspacing=6 cellpadding=2 style="font-size: 95%; background-color:#ffffff;" |colspan="2" style="text-align:left"|
[...]



Wikimedia Deutschland/Annual Plan 2017/en

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:26:44 GMT

Denis Schroeder (WMDE): Blanked the page





Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Kompass/en

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:21:20 GMT

Julia Kirchner (WMDE): Typo __NOTOC__ __NOEDITSECTION__ {| style="width: 100%; text-align: center;" | style="color: #fff; background-color: #008752; width:50%" | '''Annual Compass 2017'''
» Focal points and fields of action for 2017 | style="color: #808285; background-color: #dce4e8; width:50%" | '''[[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Annual Plan 2017/en|Annual Plan 2017]]'''
» [[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Annual Plan 2017/en|Goals and objectives for the compass and financial plan 2017]] |} '''This page shows the translated version of [[Wikimedia_Deutschland/Jahresplanung_2017/Kompass|Wikimedia Deutschland's Annual Compass 2017]] which has been resolved by our Supervisory Board. The two participatory phases which provided questions and input that helped shape this Compass can be found under [[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Auftaktveranstaltung|Auftaktveranstaltung]] and [[Wikimedia Deutschland/Jahresplanung 2017/Partizipationsphase| Partizipationsphase]] (in German).''' ===
=== ==Annual Compass 2017== The WMDE 2017 Annual Plan was developed with extensive community participation, described at length below under 4. The plan awaits final approval by the WMDE members’ assembly in November 2016. The WMDE 2017 Annual Compass, developed by the board, is the basis for the Annual Plan. It identifies five focal points across three fields of action. [[File:WMDE Annual Compass 2017 - Overview.png|1000px|center|Compass 2017]] ''' 1) Attract and retain new volunteers for Wikimedia projects''' WMDE would like to increase the number of people who are actively engaged in Wikipedia for the long-term, in order to sustainably assure openness, diversity and quality of the project. In 2017, building on the analysis and first approaches developed in 2016, we gain new volunteers for Wikipedia and support their continued engagement. We take advantage of the reach of Wikipedia to encourage its thousands of daily readers to become actively engaged. ''' 2) Support volunteers in Wikimedia projects''' Volunteers engaged in free knowledge continue to be significantly supported in 2017 – logistically, financially and technically. The long-term viability and quality of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects is assured through volunteers that are effectively supported. Applications for support continue to receive a quick turnaround, and the support provided meets high expectations for satisfaction. Non-German speaking users are increasingly integrated and their projects supported. Finally, based on the 2016 analyses and successes, volunteers are empowered through strong, vital local and regional hubs.
Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Shared Knowledge/Financial reports/Q4 2016

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:40:34 GMT

Иван Ж: /* Financial report for the 4th Quarter of 2016 */


=== Financial report for the 4th Quarter of 2016 ===
{| class="wikitable"
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''No.'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Item'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Description'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Unit'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''No. of units'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Amount per unit'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Total amount'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Currency'''
| align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Notes'''
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 1
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 2
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 4
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 5
| Edit-a-thon
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| 6
| Certificates
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|- align="center" style="background:#f0f8ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"
| '''Total'''
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|}

[[Category:Chapters reports/Shared Knowledge]]



Wikimedia Taiwan/A Room of WikiWomen's Own/Monthly Report 19

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:01:06 GMT

Shangkuanlc: create the page


* '''標題 Title/''' 感情與理性 (Room No.18 Sense and Sensibility)
* '''發布日期 Publish Date/''' SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
* '''原文聯結 Original Link/''' [https://www.facebook.com/notes/%E5%8F%B0%E7%81%A3%E7%9F%A5%E8%AD%98%E7%A8%AE%E5%AD%90%E8%A8%88%E7%95%AB/%E8%96%87%E5%A7%AC%E8%A7%80%E5%AF%9F%E6%97%A5%E8%AA%8C-room-no19-%E6%9B%B8%E5%AF%AB%E7%9A%84%E5%A5%B3%E4%BA%BA%E4%BB%A5%E5%8F%8A%E7%A4%BE%E6%9C%83/2112574842301118 請點閱 Click Here] (需Facebook帳號 A Facebook ID is needed)

== 原文 Content (in Chinese) ==
這次「薇姬的房間」聚會開始之前,輔仁大學心理系性侵事件引發的案外案,正好在社群網站上掀起了波瀾。這是個與女性身份密切相關的問題,所以也就利用了一些些的時間,讓參與者討論了這個事件。

以這個事件目前引發熱議的程度,維基百科上的條目內容應該正在不同的版本之間,快速而熱烈地拉鋸著。不過在聚會當天晚上看到的版本中,對於整個事件的故事,維基的記載仍然是語焉不詳的;而當事者在道歉後引發的種種討論,在文中也暫時只有錄入完整的道歉文(而根據維基百科的寫作建議,全文照錄反而是當中最無必要的。缺少這樣一個統整的資訊來源,所有的故事就散落在各家媒體,特別是臉書的發文中。所以我們討論的做法,是先請與會者從自己知道的故事開始說起,讓事情的來龍去脈,可以慢慢地拼湊起來,也可以從中間發現到問題的所在。

例如,在說故事的過程中,就發現到大家對於「性侵案發生」,以及「夏林清與受害學生發生衝突」的部分都能說出一些大要,然而性侵案發生後為何牽扯到夏林清及工作小組的部分,就有些不夠詳盡之處。我從這個節點開始發問,特別詢問在場在學的以及在學校工作的參與者,了不了解校園內處理性侵事件的機制。發現到像性平會的存在與工作方式,確實一般人都難以理解。

再討論到夏教授的處理方式時,也有與會者分享到她曾經見證女同事在職場性騷擾案件之後,公司因為受到人情及權力的牽絆,最後做出的荒謬處置。雖然不能做為輔大事件的註腳,但是也讓討論觸碰了社會在處置性別問題上,對於女性的不利處境。

這次的討論雖然看似只是跟上了熱門事件,沒有實際的產出,不過我特別在總結時有提醒,等到事件較為冷卻、而後續的調查結果及學術研究成果也陸續出現時,這次聚會討論的議題,都是未來修改相關條目,將它從一個「各方說法大蒐集」的冗贅敘述,改造成一個觀點全面、剖析深入的研究總結時,很好的切入方向。

很開心看到這群薇姬們對這件事情的熱情討論,也證明這些投入維基百科寫作的女生們,不會只是一些躲在知識象牙塔的人。她們有意願也有觀點,可以讓知識的書寫,成為她們關懷社會的著力點。我想,這也是「薇姬的房間」能夠實踐了台灣知識種子計畫理念的證明。

== 英文摘要 Summary (in English) ==
In the beginning of this event, we have been discussed about the sexual assault dispute of the Department of Clinical Psycholoby in Fu Ren Catholic University. The related article in Chinese Wikipedia is still very ambiguous and not organized.



CentralNotice/Request/WLE awards event

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:53:56 GMT

Geraki: /* What banner(s) will you use? What will be your landing page? */



==WLE awards event==

*{{userlinks|Geraki}}, ''primary contact'' ('''Requested at''' 11:53, 29 September 2016 (UTC))

{{Collapse top|Central Notice Settings|bg=#f5f8fc|border=1px solid #afa3bf; {{border-radius|.4em}}}}

;What is the campaign duration?:
* 29 September 2016 → 30 September 2016 17:00 UTC

;Which projects will you be targeting?:
* all

;What languages will you be targeting?:'''
* el, en

;Do you wish to show banners to Logged In users, Anonymous Users or Both? Do you want to target users with a specific number of edits or average monthly?:
* el, en

'''What countries will your campaign target?'''
* Greece

'''Banner/Campaign Diet:'''
* ''To be determined by Central Notice admin''

{{Collapse bottom}}

=== What is the purpose of Campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign? ===
{{RSBox|1=
'''Description -''' Award ceremony for Wiki Loves Earth in Greece, and editathon for adding photos from the competition to wikipedia articles. This is the first WLE held in Greece.


'''Metrics -''' Number of people who will join the event, and number of images added to Wikipedia articles.
}}

=== What banner(s) will you use? What will be your landing page? ===
{{RSBox|1=
'''Banners -'''

* el text1: Εκδήλωση βράβευσης και editathon Wiki Loves Earth 2016
* el text2: Σαββάτο 30/9, 17:00, Κηφισιά
* en text1: Award ceremony and editathon Wiki Loves Earth 2016
* en text2: Saturday 30/9, 17:00, Kifisia, Athens
'''Landing Page -''' https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%92%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%B9%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%B4%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B1:%CE%94%CF%81%CE%AC%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%82_%CF%80%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%8E%CE%B8%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7%CF%82/%CE%95%CE%BA%CE%B4%CE%AE%CE%BB%CF%89%CF%83%CE%B7_%CE%B2%CF%81%CE%AC%CE%B2%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B7%CF%82_Wiki_Loves_Earth_2016
}}

=== Community Feedback ===

=== Central Notice Admin comments ===



The Wikipedia Library/Research

Thu, 29 Sep 2016 00:06:23 GMT

Nikkimaria: create from en:WP:FYS and en:WP:FIND __NOTOC__
[[File:Wikipedia Library owl.svg|80px|link=The Wikipedia Library/Kit/Main]] '''The Wikipedia Library'''
[[File:Card_Catalog_(3638658173).jpg|right|175px]] Research literacy
Learn how to access sources
{{clear}}
===How it works=== Editors often need help with research, either how to locate appropriate sources or to get a copy of a source already cited in an article. Research literacy resources provide them with information on how to perform these fundamental tasks. Resources can include basic guides to accessing sources (as below), subject guides, and more. {{col-begin}}
'''Finding a Journal Article'''
:*If a DOI or other [[en:Template:Citation_metadata_navbox|identifier]] is included, you can click on it to find an online copy of the article. This may or may not be free to access, but will give you a place to start. If the article does not appear free to access, you may still be able to find the article elsewhere, whether online or through a nearby library. Consider the resources in the following points as further guides to accessing such articles. :*Search for the article title on [https://scholar.google.com Google Scholar]. If the initial result is behind a paywall, try clicking on the "[http://blogs.baruch.cuny.edu/newmanreference/files/2014/07/Google-Scholar-finding-other-versions-of-the-article-record.png All X versions]" link - this will tell you if other databases include this article, and may help you find an open version. From here, you may be able to find additional sources on similar topics by clicking either the "Related Articles” or “Cited By” links appearing under most article’s link in the results. Articles found using these links and may provide you with information to expand your search. :*Use [http://oaister.worldcat.org/ OAIster] or another open-access search engine to look for an open version of the article :*Using either the DOI, Google Scholar, or the journal's website, find out what databases index the article in full text. You can then see if either your local library or The Wikipedia Library provides access to these databases. :*Use [http://www.worldcat.org/ WorldCat] to see if your local library has a physical version of the journal :*Request the article or the journal through your library's interlibrary loan service, if available :*Look through the [[en:WP:Journal sources|journals sources page]] for more ideas on how to find the article.
'''Finding a Book'''
:*If the citation includes a [[en:WP:ISBN|ISBN]], click on it to locate online versions of the book, or to find it through local or national librarie[...]



Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Eesti/FoP campaign report 2016 H1

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:25:33 GMT

Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE): /* Gathered Endorsements */ ;Report on WMEE Freedom of Panorama campaign for January–June 2016 [[Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Eesti/FoP_campaign_report_2015|The 2015 report can be found here]]. ==Overview== In 2016, WMEE’s campaign team: *continued seeking endorsements for their proposals; *communicating with creative associations and other stakeholders; *consulted with lawyers and prepared a draft act along with an explanatory memorandum; *continued advocating the issue in the media and communicated with officials and politicians *the draft act and explanatory memorandum were presented to the Parliamentary Cultural Affairs Committee and the Copyright Working Group at the Ministry of Justice; *maintained and continually updated the [https://ee.wikimedia.org/wiki/Panoraamivabadus campaign page on the Wikimedia Estonia website]; the page has now become a decent database on FoP and related information and developments *also several talks on the subject of Freedom of Panorama were given. ==Gathered Endorsements== Estonian Association of Interior Architects (12 January) Estonian Association of Architects (21 January) Estonian Academy of Arts (14 March) Estonian Museum of Architecture (24 March) MTÜ Eesti Fotopärand (19 May) Estonian National Library (13 June) Estonian Association of Tourism Enterprises (29 June) By late March, WMEE had also received pledges of support from the Estonian Film Institute, Estonian Association of Photographers, and Estonian Association of Marketing Communication Agencies. Our campaign personnel were also in close communication with Estonian Artists’ Association who, while not directly pledging us their support, essentially declared their support for enacting FoP in Estonia in their response to a query made by the Ministry of Culture (their response includes long excerpts from their correspondence with the representatives of WMEE). ==Meetings with politicians and officials== '''2 April''': '''Raul Veede met MEP Julia Reda, Rapporteur on Copyright Policy''', giving an overview of our progress. '''19 April''': '''Raul Veede met Krista Aru, member of the Parliamentary Committee on Cultural Affairs''', who was been extremely positive towards our pursuits and has subsequently given the team valuable information about the work of the Committee on Cultural Affairs. '''27 April''': '''Eva Lepik and Raul Veede met Aadu Must, also a member of the Parliamentary Committee on Cultural Affairs''', who was extremely supportive of FoP and promised to take the draft act to the Committee. '''3 May''': '''Eva Lepik and Raul Veede met Mati Kaalep, Adviser in the Audiovisual Field of the Ministry of Culture, and MEP Indrek Tarand'''. The discussion with the representative of the Ministry of Culture revealed that thanks to the campaign page, the Ministry is well-acquainted with our pursuits and the Ministry supports enacting FoP in Estonia (this was confirmed during a telephone conversation with Deputy Secretary General of Ministry of Culture Hillar Sein on 22 April). Unfortunately, the task of carrying out the copyright reform has been assigned to Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Culture does not have much interest in displaying their initiative in this sphere. '''18 May''': Seminar “Digitalizing Europe – What Will Happen to the Society?” organized by MEP Kaja Kallas; '''meeting with Kaja Kallas'''. '''20 May''': MEP Marju Lauristin’s digital conference “What Kind of an e-E[...]



WikiCite/Newsletter

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:19:16 GMT

DarTar: /* Data on DOI citations in Wikipedia from Crossref */More accurate description for Crossref Event Data release Starting a newsletter (cross-posted to the wikicite-discuss and wikidata lists) with major updates on [[WikiCite]]-related initiatives and (initially) a quarterly cadence. == September 2016 == === Milestones === ==== All English Wikipedia references citing PMCIDs ==== Thanks to [[User:Daniel Mietchen|Daniel Mietchen]], all references used in English Wikipedia with a ''PubMed Central identifier'' ([[d:Property:P932|P932]]), based on a [[Research:Scholarly article citations in Wikipedia|dataset]] produced by [[User:EpochFail|Aaron Hafaker]] using the [https://github.com/mediawiki-utilities/python-mwcites mwcites] library, have been created in Wikidata. As of today, there are over [https://tools.wmflabs.org/sqid/#/view?id=P932&lang=en 110,000 items] using this property. ==== Half a million citations using P2860 ==== [[User:Harej|James Hare]] has been working on importing open access review papers published in the last 5 years as well as their citation graph. These review papers are not only critical to Wikimedia projects, as sources of citations for Wikipedia articles and statements, but they also open license their contents, which will allow semi-automated statement extraction via text and data mining strategies. As part of this project, the property ''cites'' ([[d:Property:P2860|P2860]]) created during WikiCite 2016 has been used in over half a million statements representing citations from one paper to another. While this is a tiny fraction of the entire citation graph, it's a great way of making data available to Wikimedia volunteers for crosslinking statements, sources and the works they cite. ==== New properties ==== The ''Crossref funder ID'' property ([[d:Property:P3153|P3153]]) can now be used to represent data on the funders of particular works (when available), which will allow to perform novel analyses on sources for Wikidata statements as a function of particular funders. The ''uses property'' property ([[d:Property:P3176|P3176]]), which Finn Årup Nielsen conveniently [https://twitter.com/fnielsen/status/780704357335625728 dubbed] the "selfie property"'','' can now be used to identify works that mention specific Wikidata properties. The [[d:Property talk:P3176/list|list of articles and papers with that]] grows. The ''OpenCitations bibliographic resource ID'' property ([[d:Property:P3181|P3181]]) can be used to specify the bibliographic resource identifier for any publication in WikiCite that is also included in the [http://opencitations.net OpenCitations Corpus]. === Events === ==== WikiCite 2017 ==== Our original plans to host the [[WikiCite 2017|2017 edition]] of WikiCite in San Francisco in the week of January 16, 2017 (after the Wikimedia Developer Summit) failed due to a major, Salesforce-style conference happening in that week, which will bring tens of thousands of delegates to the city. The WMF Travel team blacklisted that week for hosting events or meetings in SF, since hotel rates will go through the roof. We're now looking at alternative locations and dates in FY-Q4 (April-June 2017) in Europe, most likely Berlin (like [[WikiCite 2016|this year]]), or piggybacking on the [[mediawikiwiki:Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017|2017 Wikimedia Hackathon]] in Vienna (May 19-21, 2017), which will give us access to a large number of volunteers as well as WMF and WMDE developers. === Docume[...]



Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Demande/Opération Libre 2016 (2) (Touraine)

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 19:04:42 GMT

Sebleouf: /* Budget */ -


{{ En-tête décision micro-financement | titre = Opération Libre 2016 (2) (Touraine) | année = 2016 | trimestre = ... | statut = demande | pour = | contre = | abstention = | neutre = }}

Comme chaque année, Wikimédia France est partenaire dans le cadre d'une ''Opération Libre'' pour ''libérer'' une ville. En 2016, il y a deux opérations de ce type. Il y a eu Aiglun/Digne fin août et début octobre il y a l'opération en Touraine.

== Description ==

Bonjour,

Le week-end du 8-9 octobre 2016, j'ai prévu, en compagnie de Benoît Prieur (et peut-être d'une troisième personne, non confirmée), de me rendre à la seconde [https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Op%C3%A9ration_Libre_(Montreuil-en-Touraine) Opération Libre 2016 qui se déroule en Touraine].

Nous sommes déjà allés à l'opération d'Aiglun fin août qui fut un succès en termes de contribution. C'est donc dans cette optique que nous souhaitons y retourner cette fois-ci (contributions sur Wikipédia essentiellement, mais aussi Wikidata, Commons et le Wiktionnaire pour ma part). Une bonne dizaine de wikimédiens se sont inscrits à l'événement, il n'y a donc que des bonnes raisons de penser que l'opération aura de nouveau un bilan positif.

Je demande ainsi s'il est possible d'obtenir un défraiement pour un voyage aller-retour entre Lyon et Montreuil-en-Touraine. J'ai vu que l'usage était d'effectuer en remboursement selon un coefficient fiscal. Je propose le trajet le plus rapide par autoroute (avec les péages), mais selon le temps dont nous disposerons et la météo, nous envisageons d'utiliser un trajet via les routes nationales et départementales afin de photographier des communes qui ne seraient pas illustrées sur Wikipédia, et qui seraient proches de l'itinéraire.

Merci d'avance, [[User:Sebleouf|Sebleouf]] ([[User talk:Sebleouf|talk]]) 19:04, 28 September 2016 (UTC)

== Budget ==

;Intitulé

[https://huit.re/WT9hbQjM Simulation de note de frais] pour un véhicule 5CV (base 0.543) x 2 (budget max, susceptible d'être inférieur comme expliqué)
;Montant
+/-691,9 €

== Prise en charge µfi ==


== Vote ==
* Cedalyon :
* Crochet.david :
* EdouardHue :
* Pymouss :
* Thesupermat :
* Lomita :

{{Fin div}}



Wikimedia Eesti/Restructuring report 2016 H1

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:35:52 GMT

Kaarel Vaidla (WM EE): Diagrams added
BACKGROUND
In 2013, after 3 years of activity, the volunteer board of Wikimedia Eesti found itself at the verge of burning out as a result of the intensive work of managing a variety of activities and due to problems related to grant management (applying, reporting etc.). It was decided that hiring its first employees would put the chapter into a better position and support its future development. As a result, the positions of [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti/Staff_job_functions_(from_October_2013_to_June_2014)#Project_writer project writer] and [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti/Staff_job_functions_(from_October_2013_to_June_2014)#Board_assistant board assistant] were created and according to the agreement made with Wikimedia Foundation, this process was monitored and reported on (see professionalisation reports [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti/First_interim_report_on_professionalization 1], [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti/Second_interim_report_on_professionalization 2] and [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Eesti/Third_interim_report_on_professionalization 3] for more information). The process showed that although a significant amount of time had been invested into the creation of the original staffing plan, the part-time position of project writer turned more and more into a full-time position with responsibilities similar to executive director’s. As a result, [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:PEG/WM_EE/2014#Introducing_the_position_of_executive_director_in_Wikimedia_Eesti a request was made to Wikimedia Foundation] to restructure the position of project writer into an executive director’s and this proposal was approved. At that time, it went unnoticed that although the scope of work of this position seemed similar to the position of an executive director, the responsibilities and authorities afforded by the contract of employment fell short of what was actually needed. As a result, starting from July 2014, Wikimedia Eesti functioned with an executive director working alongside a volunteer working board, which resulted in some misunderstandings related to authority and field of responsibility of different positions and brought along different confusions related to projects and finances. This also coincided with some past volunteers becoming inactive. As several projects initiated in the project writer period needed leading, as well as reporting, the workload of employees and board members increased rapidly. This process finally resulted in evident burnout for the second quarter of the year 2015, which to some extent paralyzed the activity and reporting capacity of the chapter. The [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Proposals/2014-2015_round1/Wikimedia_Eesti/Proposal_form ambitious plan] established for the year did not help, either. In September 2015 Wikimedia Foundation made a staff visit to Wikimedia Eesti and these issues were thoroughly discussed, as well as shortcomings in financial processes of Wikimedia Eesti (once again related to distribution of authority and responsibility) were brought forward. These discussions and discoveries led to a mutual understanding that certain restructuring p[...]



Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/20169

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:13:20 GMT

SindyM3:


'''Wikimedia Nederland report for September 2016'''

== '''Community and Participation''' ==
===Wikipedia day at Nederlands Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid===
The Dutch Institute for sound and vision and the British Library organizing on Saturday 8 October a Wikipedia workshop, with the theme animal kingdom. Audio and video files have been made available by archives of Hilversum and London.

===Wikidata workshop===
Wikimedia Netherlands develops workshop for volunteers, to share technical skills and knowledge with each other. The workshops were held on the Wikimedia office, but it is also possible to follow it online. After the Pattypan and photography workshop we present you the Wikidata workshop.

== '''Content''' ==

== '''Communication and publicity''' ==
===Get the newsletter on your Wikipedia talk page===
In this newsletter we promote the option for Wikipedia users, to receive the newsletter on your Wikipedia talk page.

===Video series: Wikipedia edit? Just do it!===
Thanks to project group Nature we present a new series of videos: Wikipedia edit? Just do it! In the videos we explain more about Wikipedia and help new editors to work on Wikipedia.

=== Newsletter ===

We sent out our newsletter of



Tech/News/Ways to add information to Tech News

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:44:29 GMT

Matěj Suchánek: typo


== How to get something included in Tech News ==

This page lists way you can add information to [[Tech/News|Tech News]]. See [[Tech/News/Manual|the manual]] and [[Tech/News/For contributors|inclusion criteria]].

* The easiest way is to add the item to the [[Tech/News/Next|next issue]]. Write a summary and include a link to where you can read more about the issue, for example a [[Phabricator]] task or an email in the open archives of a [https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo Wikimedia mailing list].
* If you think something should be included but don't know how to add it, you can just add a new bullet point with the link and someone else will take a look at it. Like this:
*: * [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T131187]
* You can also add the #user-notice tag to any Phabricator task.
* If you for some reason want to do something else, maybe write a longer explanation, you can write on [[Talk:Tech/News]], which the Tech News writers watch.
* You can also contact the person writing the issue directly. This is not recommended if you want to be sure the item goes into the next issue unless you are very sure who to contact that particular week. It is usually handled by [[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan]], but he is occasionally travelling and might not be handling some issues. In that case either [[User:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek]] or [[User:Quiddity (WMF)|Quiddity]] take care of it.



Shared Knowledge/2017 Budget plan

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:34:32 GMT

Иван Ж: {{draft}} Grant application: [[Grants:APG/Simple/Applications/Shared_Knowledge/2017]] === Office equipment === {| class="wikitable" | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''No.''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Item''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Description''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Unit''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''No. of units''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Amount per unit''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Total amount''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Currency''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align:center; color:black;"|'''Notes''' |- |1 |Laptop |Office laptop |unit |1 |400.00 |400.00 |EUR |We are asking for a laptop or desktop computer because the Chief Programme Manager, who has now resigned, worked from his own computer and took it with him. The Administration Manager will not be able to work from his own computer (it is needed in the home), so that we are short of one. |- | '''Total''' | | | | | |400.00 | EUR | |} === Supplies === {| class="wikitable" | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''No.''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Item''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Description''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Unit''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''No. of units''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Amount per unit''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Total amount''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Currency''' | align="center" style="background:#1e90ff; font-size: 90%; text-align=center; color:black;"|'''Notes''' |- | 1 | Stationery | markers, paper, staplers etc. | n/a | n/a | n/a | 50.00 | EUR | |- | 2 | Toner | toner for printer | toner | 2 | 25.00 | 50.00 | EUR | |- | 3 | Snacks and refreshments | coffee, tea, refreshments | month | 12 | 30.00 | 360.00 | EUR | Snacks and refreshments will be served during the internal meetings. |- |4 |Office fees |fees for 2 employees (30 EUR per person) |month |10 |60,00 |600 |EUR |We[...]



Wikimania 2016 bids/Esino Lario/Comparative

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:04:25 GMT

Iopensa:


This page is meant to highlight the new format of Wikimania Esino Lario.

{| class="wikitable"
|-
! Area
!Consistent
!New!! Strengths
!Critical
|-
| '''Location'''
|
|
||
|
|-
|'''Programme'''
|
|
||
|
|-
|'''Permanent legacy'''
|
|
|
|
|-
| '''Participants'''
|
|
||
|
|-
|'''Scholarships'''
|
|
|
|
|-
| '''Organization'''
|
|
||
|
|-
| '''Budget'''
|
|
||
|
|}




== Notes ==

{{Div col}}

{{Div col end}}


{{Template:Esino Lario/Coordination}}


[[Category:Wikimania Esino Lario Reports]]
[[Category:Bid Wikimania Esino Lario 2016]]



Wikimedia Foundation Audit Committee/2016-08-15

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 06:51:31 GMT

GVarnum-WMF: Created page with ": '''Audit Committee Meeting''' : '''August 15, 2016''' : '''17:30 – 19:00 UTC''' : '''Participating in person:''' : Audit Committee Members: Kelly Battles, Audit Committee..." : '''Audit Committee Meeting''' : '''August 15, 2016''' : '''17:30 – 19:00 UTC''' : '''Participating in person:''' : Audit Committee Members: Kelly Battles, Audit Committee Chair : Wikimedia Foundation Staff: Jaime Villagomez, Tony Le, Katherine Maher, Amy Vossbrinck : '''Participating by phone:''' : Audit Committee Members: Maria Sefidari : Audit Committee Advisors: Michael Snow, Julian Singh == Presentation of the KPMG Audit == # Jeremy gave an overview of the Client Service Team: #* Mark Thomas - Engagement Quality Control Reviewing Partner (focus on Non-profits) #* Packy Kelly - Client Service Partner #* Jeremy Peters - Lead Engagement Audit Partner (has a technology background) #* Sizhe Liu - Lead Audit Engagement Manager (was worked with WMF for 3 years) #* Seth Philip - Audit Manager #* Jessica Li - In-Charge Senior #* Chad Franks - Tax Partner #* Ana Akhtar - Tax Senior Manager #* Karen Cordeiro - will be leaving KPMG for another position on Sept 2 but will be available to answer questions # Audit Plan was presented by KPMG including areas of focus for the review, A discussion ensued between KPMG, the Audit Committee and WMF Staff. #* The team will be performing an audit of the June 30, 2016 WMF financial statements consistent with U.S. GAAP and AICPA standards. The engagement was set up in July 2016 and the audit will be completed by September. # Discussion of Internal Auditor - Julian Singh initiated a discussion regarding the value of a potential internal auditor. The Audit Committee, KPMG and WMF ensued in a discussion on the topic internal audit for Not For Profit organizations such as WMF, Jeremy Peters said he would consider the risks that KPMG is aware of and come back with any suggestions he has Item to be reintroduced at a future Audit Committee meeting. # Audit fees for this year are estimated to be $85 K- which were approved by the Audit Committee # KPMG also performs other non audit services for WMF- none are in conflict with the audit work: #* Form 990 and 990 T #* Global Grants process analysis - last year - not recurring #* Possible gap analysis for budgeting and reporting process - KPMG has not yet been formally engaged to do this work. # Responsibilities of WMF management, WMF Audit Committee and KPMG with respect to the audit were reviewed. # A discussion ensued between the Audit Committee and KPMG and KPMG responded to questions: == Review of WMF Cash and Investments and the Investment Policy == # WMF Staff including the CFO and controller presented to the Audit Committee the current cash and investments as of June 2016 - including banking account structure and purpose. #* WMF currently has $89.6 million in cash and investments. #* WMF Staff presented the cash expectations for Fiscal Year 2016 - 2017 based on the approved Annual Budget of $63 Million. This led to WMF Staff’s recommendation to excess funds currently deposited in operating accounts to WMF’s fiduciary, investment firm - US Trust. # WMF Staff presented the previously Audit Committee approved investment guidance being[...]



Strategy/2016-2017/WMF Leadership retreat

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 05:59:44 GMT

SSastry (WMF): /* Organizational Strategy */ One more == Logistics == * September 28-29, 2016 * Time: Wed 9.30 am start, Thurs 5pm close (ferry at 6:15pm, schedule changes often, please double-check before departure) == Participants == * Foundation C-team (Katherine Maher, Maggie Dennis, Lisa Gruwell, Joady Lohr, Wes Moran, Michelle Paulson, Heather Walls, Jaime Villagomez) * Christophe Henner (Foundation Board chair) * Suzie Nussel (facilitator) * Anna Stillwell (facilitator) == Topic == * Strategic vision == Goals == * Substance (Developing an initial point of view as the Foundation’s C-team) ** Shared understanding and expectation of how to define “movement strategy” - particularly in our special context as “strategic vision” ** Shared understanding of c-team strategic priorities and perspectives *** Have conversations that are focused on opportunities over challenges, and look 10-15 year into the future, rather than 3-5 ** Develop preliminary list of Big questions and thematic areas for strategy engagement (to be shared with the community for feedback in October) *** Need focused work to determine the right level of questions to engage on - How to actively engage in higher-level thinking (movement direction) and reduce tactical submissions (such as product features, etc.) ** Develop initial SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to inform strategy process and give community members baseline information * Process ** Shared team ownership and leadership of the future of the movement and the Foundation’s role within the movement ** Shared understanding and ownership of the coming strategy timeline, processes, and best-case outcomes, and the executive team’s role within this process *** Based on past processes, key learnings ** Build strong support for community-collaborative outcomes ** Bring issues, misconceptions, confusion to the surface and address accordingly ** Develop clear understanding of next steps to complete deliverables for Oct. Meta posting and Nov Board retreat *** Resulting in detailed project plan / resources identified to complete all tasks == Proposed agenda == {| class="wikitable" |'''September 28''' | colspan="3" |'''9.30 - 5.00''' '''Developing a shared point of view on strategic direction''' |- | colspan="4" |9:30 - 10:00 * Set the tone: review agenda and goals for retreat (30 min) 10:00 - 10:15 * Warmup exercise (clarify “wishes” for future) (15 min) 10:15 - 11:00 * Level-setting on purpose (45 min) ** 10 min - Katherine shares perspectives on strategy discussions to-date ** Vision, Mission - what they mean ** Critical concept introductions: strategy and strategic vision *** What do we want to create, what do we need to consider *** Theory of change level set ** Discussion of potential gaps between all stakeholders’ mindsets / expectations 11:00 - 11:15  Break (15 min) 11:15 - 12:00 * Future direction exercise (45 min) ** Visual metaphor *** When you look 15 years out, what do you see we have accomplished? what do you want for the movement? ** Your point of view (POV) *** Silent writing - articulate sentence of direction in format (worksheet) *** Share out - whole team 12:00 - 1:00  Lunch at Tiburon Tavern Back Patio 1:[...]



Castles Challenge/prizes/ru

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 05:38:36 GMT

Okras: Created page with "1 сентября — 30 сентября 2016" __NOTOC__ {| style="width:100%; padding:0; margin:0; border:0; border-spacing:0;" | style="height:100%; width:75%; margin:0; padding:0; vertical-align:top; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 0px 5px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 0px 5px #ccc; box-shadow: 5px 0px 5px #ccc;" | {| style="height:100%; width:100%; background:transparent; padding:0 10px 0 0; margin:0; border:0; border-spacing:0;" | style="font:32px/1.5 Gill Sans MT, GillSansSA, Calibri, sans-serif; color:#4a4a4a; padding:5px 0; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; vertical-align:middle;" | '''Castles Challenge'''
1 сентября — 30 сентября 2016 |- | style="padding:10px 0; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 15px; vertical-align:top;" | '''Призы''' See [[Castles Challenge#Reglas|the rules and scoring system]]. There are three awards in each country: three awarded by Wikimedia Armenia and three awarded by Wikimedia Spain. Prizes are:Note: Because of force majeure, the organizers reserve the right to change the prizes for suitable substitutes. *Higher volume of contribution per user: Amazon gift card in Spain and books in Armenia. *Best quality article, based on formal criteria and content: Amazon gift card in Spain and books in Armenia. *Higuer volume of translation into other languages: Amazon gift card in Spain and books in Armenia. |} | style="height:100%; margin:0; width:25%; background:#f6f6f6; padding:10px 20px; -moz-border-radius:0 10px 10px 0; -webkit-border-radius:0 10px 10px 0; border-radius:0 10px 10px 0; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #ccc; vertical-align:top;" |
[[File:Monumento.svg|center|160px|link=]]
{| style="background:none; width:100%; border:0; padding:0; margin:0; font-family:Georgia, serif;" | style="-moz-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #A7D7F9; box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; font-size: 18px" | {| |- |width="250"|'''[[Castles Challenge|Challenge details]]''' |[[File:Gnome-emblem-photos.svg|60px|right|link=|alt=Castles Challenge]] |} |- | style="-moz-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc" | |- | style="-moz-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; box-shadow: 0px 5px 5px -6px #ccc; font-size: 18px" | {| {| |- |width="250"|'''[[Castles Challenge/articles|Статьи]]''' |[[...]



2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Status report 3/draft

Wed, 28 Sep 2016 00:26:18 GMT

DannyH (WMF): {{draft}} '''2015 Community Wishlist Survey, Status Report #3: October 2016''' It's October already! -- and as the Wikimedia Foundation's '''[[Community Tech|Community Tech team]]''' heads into the fall, we're wrapping up our work on this year's wishlist requests, and looking ahead to the new '''[[2016 Community Wishlist Survey]]''' starting on November 7th! Conducting the Community Wishlist Survey was a big, scary experiment for our team last year. Our friends on the Wikimedia Deutschland's '''[[WMDE Technical Wishes|Technical Wishes team]] (TCB)''' have been running surveys since 2013 in the German-speaking community, but for WMF Community Tech, this was our first -- and it's the first Wishlist Survey to invite active wiki contributors from every Wikimedia project to come together and propose, discuss and vote on what turned out to be '''[[2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results|107 different project ideas]]'''. Our team is responsible for addressing the top 10 wishes on the wishlist survey, In the top 10, there are 5 wishes done: * #1. Wish (link to project page) There's 1 that we're currently working on: * #5. There are 2 that other teams are currently working on: * #3. -- depends on Lego work * #6. -- Wikidata currently working on this. And there are 2 that we had to decline: * #8. Global talk page * #10. User watchlist This is the third status report on the progress made by WMF's [[Community Tech]] team, Wikimedia Deutschland's [[WMDE Technical Wishes|Technical Wishes]] team (TCB), and other Wikimedia staff and volunteers on the features requested by the wiki communities in our '''2015 Community Wishlist Surveys'''. Wikimedia Deutschland's TCB team and the German-speaking communities conducted the [[de:Wikipedia:Umfragen/Technische Wünsche 2015|Technical Wishes 2015 survey]] for the German-speaking Wikimedia communities in October, and Community Tech followed with a [[2015 Community Wishlist Survey]] in December, open to an international audience. There's overlap between the two wishlists, and the teams are collaborating on various wishes, so this report includes progress made by both teams -- as well as the incredible work being done by volunteer developers, staff, and the [[Technical Collaboration]] team. For the full lists and status of each item, check out the '''[[2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results|WMF Wishlist results]]''' and the '''[[de:Wikipedia:Umfragen/Technische Wünsche 2015/Ergebnis der Abstimmung|German-speaking Community Wishlist results]]'''. == Shipped == ===CopyPatrol=== {{Main|Community Tech/Improve the plagiarism detection bot}} This was #9 on the International Community Wishlist Survey. The plagiarism detection bot currently running on English Wikipedia is '''[[en:User:EranBot/Copyright/rc|EranBot]]''', which is built and maintained by [[en:User:ערן|User:Eran]]. The bot looks at every edit that adds a substantial amount of text to an article page, and checks the text against the Turnitin search database to identify potential copy and paste violations. When it finds a potential match, it adds to a table on the EranBot interface so that volunteers can check for possible copyvio. When a page h[...]



WMDE Technical Wishes/Show text changes when moving text chunks

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 18:09:24 GMT

Birgit Müller (WMDE): + Cat


'''Detailed information will follow''' (September 27, 2016)


[[Category:WMDE Technical Wishes]]



Config:StandardMetrics

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:03:58 GMT

Milimetric:


{
"title": "Standard Metrics",
"subtitle": "Wikimedia Foundation",
"desc": "This dashboard shows a couple of metrics computed on top of the new Wikistats 2.0 data pipeline. We have extracted and cleaned up data from mediawiki and loaded the results into Druid. We query that data to populate this dashboard, and we will continue until we've migrated all important Wikistats reports. We will not only migrate to this dashboard, we will build a dashboard directory on top of it. But for now and the near future, we'll use this dashboard to showcase progress.",

"tabs": [
{
"title": "Simplewiki",
"dataRange": {
"startDate":"2001-01-01"
},
"graphs": [
{
"title": "Daily Edits",
"type": "dygraphs-timeseries",
"path": "wikistats/edits.tsv"
}, {
"title": "Daily Pages Created",
"type": "dygraphs-timeseries",
"path": "wikistats/pages_created.tsv"
}, {
"title": "Daily Edits as a Table",
"type": "table-timeseries",
"path": "wikistats/edits.tsv"
}, {
"title": "Daily Pages Created as a Table",
"type": "table-timeseries",
"path": "wikistats/pages_created.tsv"
}
]
}
]
}



Wikimedia Bangladesh/Reports/2014-16/Financial

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:16:31 GMT

NahidSultan: + {| class="wikitable" ! colspan="9" style="background: #D8FED8;" | '''Revenue & Expenditure account of WMBD (July 2014-Sept 2016)''' |- valign="top" ! No !! Date !! Particulars !! Receipts (BDT) !! Membership fee/Receivable (due) !! Expenses paid (BDT) !! Balance (BDT) !! Loan and obligation (BDT) !! Money receipts available (Y/N) |- | 1 || till Sept. 16 || align="center" | Primary account (all from membership fee) ||22700 || align="center" | 1500 || align="center" | || 22700 || || Y |- | 2 || 16-Jun-15 || align="center" | Workshop in Rajshahi (Transport) || align="center" | || || align="center" | 1812 ||20888|| || Y |- | 3|| 31-Dec-15 || align="center" | a/c meintenance fee, cheque issue charge & VAT for the year 2015 || align="center" | || || align="center" | 1500 ||19388 || || |- | 4|| 20-Feb-16 || align="center" |Due Loan and obligation from previous report|| align="center" | || || align="center" | 8179 ||11209 || || |- | 5 || 23-Jan-16|| align="center" | Wikipedia stall at Rajshahi collegiate school || align="center" | || || align="center" | 830 ||10379 || || Y |- | 6 || 21-Feb-16 || align="center" | Ekushy wiki gathering & workshop, Rajshahi || align="center" | || || align="center" | 700 || 9679|| || Y |- | 7|| 17-Mar-16 || align="center" | Workshop for Women, Rajshahi || align="center" | || || align="center" | 700 ||8979 || || N |- | 8|| 4-May-16 || align="center" |Rajshahi meetup|| align="center" | || || align="center" | 180 ||8799 || || Y |- | 9|| 3-Jun-16 || align="center" |workshop for teachers, Rajshahi|| align="center" | || || align="center" | 200 || 8599|| || N |- | 10 || 19-Jun-16|| align="center" | Money received from 21 participants (Wiki-iftar, Rajshahi) || align="center" | 1050 || || align="center" | ||9649 || || Y |- | 11 || 19-Jun-16|| align="center" | Wiki-iftar, Rajshahi || align="center" | || || align="center" | 2350 ||7299 || || Y |- | 12 || 3-Aug-16 || align="center" | wiki-meet up, Rajshahi || align="center" | || || align="center" | 440 || 6859|| || Y |- | 13|| Sept-16 || align="center" | WLM promotion, Rajshahi || align="center" | || || align="center" | 300 ||6559 || || N |- | 14 || 27-Jan-16 || align="center" | 12 years of bnwiki celebration, Chittagong || align="center" | || || align="center" | 2500 ||4059 || || Y |- | 15 || 21-Feb-2016 || align="center" | Ekushay gathering, Chittagong || align="center" | || || align="center" | 1000 ||3059 || || Y |- | 16 || 28-Jun-16|| align="center" | Money received from 10 participants (Wiki-iftar, Chittagong) || align="center" | 1000 || || align="center" | ||4059 |[...]



Tech/Ambassadors/el

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:36:46 GMT

Atlantia: Created page with "Οι πρέσβεις τεχνολογίας είναι εθελοντές με τεχνικό προσανατολισμό που βοηθούν άλλα μέλη της κο..." {{Tech header|1=Αν κάποτε αναφέρατε κάποιο σφάλμα στο λογισμικό, υποβάλατε κάποιο σχόλιο για κάποιο νέο χαρακτηριστικό ή εξηγήσατε πώς λειτουργείο το λογισμικό σε κάποιον άλλο Βικιπαιδιστή, τότε είστε ήδη ένας πρέσβης τεχνολογίας. Οι πρέσβεις τεχνολογίας είναι εθελοντές με τεχνικό προσανατολισμό που βοηθούν άλλα μέλη της κοινότητας Wikimedia με τεχνικά ζητήματα, μεσολαβώντας μεταξύ των προγραμματιστών και των τοπικών wikis του Wikimedia. One goal of the ambassadors network is to make sure that users are notified of technical discussions and possible changes that impact them. The other goal is for users to get involved as peers in the development process, so that they can inform and guide software development, not just provide feedback after it's done.
* [[mail:wikitech-ambassadors|Subscribe to the list]] * '''[[#whatdoido|What do Tech ambassadors do?]]''' * '''[[#resources|Resources for Tech ambassadors]]'''
}}

What do Tech ambassadors do?

{| cellpadding="15" style="margin:auto; max-width:70em" |-valign="top" | [[File:Question Noun project 2185.svg|60px|center|link=]] |style="font-size:1.8em;line-height:normal;padding-top:.7em"| Help other users | Watch technical discussions on your home wiki, and help your fellow Wikimedians by answering their questions about the software, templates, etc. If you're able, help them diagnose their issues, and solve the technical problems they encounter. |- |colspan="3"|
|-valign="top" | [[File:Aiga mail inverted nobg.svg|60px|center|link=]] |style="font-size:1.8em;line-height:normal;padding-top:.7em"| [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Relay tech news]] | Get a summary of [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News|Tech News]] delivered on your talk page (or a community discussion page) each week, and inform the rest of your community about what is going to impact them. Invite other people to subscribe, and i[...]



Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories/How to request/zh

Tue, 27 Sep 2016 00:33:51 GMT

Cwek: Created page with "2.一旦决定支持,则发讨论到User:DannyH (WMF)在元维基的用户讨论页并附带社群支持的页面链接一起告知申请启用。"



如果需要在你所在的主维基启用[[m:Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories|基于数字的分类排序]],你可以按照以下申请。

1.开启一个社群讨论——RFC,投票,或者你们wiki通常怎样去决定这些请求的方式——来获得社群的支持。

2.一旦决定支持,则发讨论到[[:m:User talk:DannyH (WMF)|User:DannyH (WMF)在元维基的用户讨论页]]并附带社群支持的页面链接一起告知申请启用。



InternetArchiveBot/FAQ/en

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 23:08:43 GMT

FuzzyBot: Updating to match new version of source page This page contains a list of common questions asked about InternetArchiveBot. '''Q:''' The bot changed the archive URL to its original counterpart, on a citation template. The original URL is dead, however. What happened? :'''A:''' IABot simply moved the archive URL to the correct parameter, the one designed for archive URLs, and left the original url in the original URL field. This is to keep it consistent with other citation templates being used, as well as conform to its intended use. If applicable, archives should be placed in the appropriate archive URL parameter, and the original url should be placed in the appropriate url parameter. '''Q:''' The bot keeps messing up with a specific source on the page. How can I stop this? :'''A:''' That depends, if it's persistently trying to tag the source as dead, or is persistently adding a bad archive, then you should tag the source with {{tlx|cbignore}}. This is a blank tag (e.g. [[w:en:Template:Cbignore]]) that the bot uses as an instruction to stop tampering with the link. If the bot is breaking the syntax, or is mis-formatting the source, you should report it as it is indicative of a bug which needs fixing. '''Q:''' The bot is making bad edits to all the sources on the page. I don't think it's worth having the bot run on this specific page, how do I stop the bot from editing the page completely? :'''A:''' Be careful on this. Are you sure the bot is harming the page more than it is helping? Consider this, is it breaking the formatting of the page by making disruptive edits, or is it simply mis-tagging sources, and providing bad archives for others? If you answered the former, please report this, as it is a bug needing fixing. Otherwise, if you are certain that the current sources on the page will not benefit from the bot's work, or that you will end up cleaning up after the bot more, then you can place {{tlx|nobots|deny{{=}}InternetArchiveBot}} on the article. This will keep the bot away from the page. This also means link rot will not be addressed on that article until the tag is removed again. '''Q:''' The bot tagged a source as dead, but the source isn't dead. What happened? :'''A:''' If the site was down only temporarily long enough, the bot may have considered the source as dead, because the site failed to validate as alive 3 times in a row, during 3 separately spaced out checks. At this point the bot now considers it permanently dead. A user interface to allow users to easily reset the url status will be released at some point in the future. If the bot continues to validate as dead after that, there is likely a problem with the site's headers, or the bot is being blocked from the IP it is using, and the source should be tagged with {{tlx|cbignore}} and then reported in case of a bug. '''Q:''' The bot mangled the page. What happened? :'''A:''' Please report it, and do not ap[...]



CentralNotice/Usage guidelines/nb

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:38:26 GMT

Jon Harald Søby: Created page with "* Hjelp:CentralNotice * Requests for comment/Global banners" {{TNT|CentralNotice/Navbar||CentralNotice/Usage guidelines}}
[[File:Icons8 flat inspection.svg|100px|right]] == Mål == # Vær effektiv # Vær fokusert # Ikke vær påtrengende # Vær [[consensus|konsensusdrevet]] # Unngå konstant bruk! == Bannerkrav == * '''Fritt lisensiert''' – Alt innhold, inkludert tekst, bakgrunnsbilder og logoer må være skapt eller sluppet under fri lisens (CC-by, CC-by-SA, public domain eller tilsvarende). * '''Wikimedia-eid''' – Bannere må lenke til Wikimedia-kontrollerte domener (eid enten av Wikimedia Foundation, samarbeidsorganisasjoner eller frivillige wikimedianere identifisert av Wikimedia Foundation). * '''Ingen eksterne ressurser''' – Alle bannerressurser (kode og bilder) må komme fra nettsteder kontrollert av Wikimedia. * '''Innsamlingsprinsipper''' – Inkludert de ovennevnte kravene må Wikimedia Foundation og samarbeidsorganisasjoner som gjør pengeinnsamling eller skattefradragskampanjer følge WMFs styres [[wmf:Resolution:Wikimedia fundraising principles|innsamlingsprinsipper]]. ''Unntak for Wikimedia Foundation eller samarbeidsorganisasjoner begrenset til betalinger eller e-post-iframe og kun med godkjennelse fra WMFs juridiske avdeling.'' == Kampanjekrav == * '''Innholdsbannere på innholdsprosjekter''' – Bannere relatert til oppretting av innhold bør ha innholdsprosjekt som mål, og unngå støtteprosjekter som Meta * '''Kampanjevekting''' – Der det er mulig bør kampanjer kjøres på under 50 % av trafikken med mindre det er konsensus for det i nettsamfunnet. * '''Visningsbegrensing''' – Navngitte informasjonskapsler bør brukes for alle kampanjer. Typisk vil bannere vises fem ganger. Dette resettes etter minimum seks dager og tolv timer. (De tolv timene er for å unngå å vise bannere på samme tid i en persons uke.) * '''Kampanjelengde''' – Kampanjer bør vanligvis være kortere enn to uker. Kun i tilfeller der bevist suksess finnes eller eksplisitt konsensus finnes vil kampanjer kunne kjøres i én måned. * '''Grense''' – Det er en hard grense på to kampanjer per språk-, land- og prosjektkombinasjon per måned. * '''Alternativer''' – Mindre bannere, lokale notiser og massemeldingskampanjer bør brukes som alternativer til CentralNotice. == Godkjenning == ;Generell regel De fleste bannere trenger konsensus på forhånd. Dette kan fås via '''[[CentralNotice/Request|CentralNotice-forespørselsprosessen]]'''. Som del av denne prosessen bør de berørte nettsamfunnene varsles via wikiens oppslagstavle (Tinget, Torget, Samfunnshuset eller tilsvarende) – eller der det passer seg å nå flest mulig interesserte brukere – med en lenke til CentralNotice-forespørselen. Alle forespørsler vil være åpne i minst sju dager. ;Standard varsling av nettsamfunn Bannere for hele Wikimedia-bevegelsen relat[...]



Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories/How to request/es

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:14:46 GMT

Metrónomo:



Si lo deseas, se puede solicitar que se active en tu wiki nativa el [[m:Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories|ordenamiento numérico en las categorías]].

1) Primero, inicia un debate comunitario con el fin de alcanzar un consenso que implique activar esta función, utilizando el sistema que habitualmente se use en estos casos.

2) Una vez alcanzado un consenso que demuestre que la comunidad desea activar la función, solícitalo en la [[User talk:DannyH (WMF)|página de discusión de DannyH (WMF)]] en Meta, incluyendo un enlace a la página donde se haya decidido esto.



Social media/Permission/pl

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 10:18:26 GMT

Halibutt: Created page with "Nie zapomnij zapytać o to, w jaki sposób autorzy chcą zostać podpisani. Może woleliby swoje prawdziwe nazwisko zamiast nazwy użytkownika {{smiley}}"



Jeśli chcesz wykorzystywać zdjęcia (czy inne media) w serwisach społecznościowych, używaj materiałów w domenie publicznej lub dostępnych na [https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ licencji CC0]. Jeśli chcesz skorzystać z materiałów dostępnych na innych otwartych licencjach, musisz najpierw poprosić ich autorów o zgodę. Jest to podyktowane restrykcyjnymi warunkami korzystania (Terms of Service) z serwisów takich jak Facebook, Twitter czy Instagram. Więcej możesz przeczytać [[Special:MyLanguage/Legal/CC-BY-SA on Facebook|tutaj]].

Treść przykładowego pozwolenia na wykorzystanie zdjęć udostępnionych podczas konkursu [[Special:MyLanguage/Wiki Loves Earth|Wiki Lubi Ziemię]] znajduje się poniżej. '''Poproś autorów, by mejla ze zgodą przesłali także na socialmedia-internal{{@}}wikimedia.org lub jelder{{@}}wikimedia.org, jeśli chcesz wykorzystać zdjęcie w profilach WMF''':


Zgadzam się na wykorzystanie zdjęć wgranych przeze mnie w ramach konkursu Wiki Lubi Ziemię w serwisach Twitter, Facebook, Vkontakte, Instagram, Google+ etc.


Możesz także poprosić o zgodę na wykorzystanie konkretnego pliku:


Zgadzam się na wykorzystanie zdjęcia [wstaw link do zdjęcia] w serwisach Twitter, Facebook, Vkontakte, Instagram, Google+ etc.


Jeśli autorzy nie zgadzają się na wykorzystanie zdjęcia w serwisach społecznościowych, możesz poprosić o zgodę na wykorzystanie zdjęcia w niższej rozdzielczości:


Zgadzam się na wykorzystanie zdjęcia [wstaw link do zdjęcia] w rozdzielczości do 1024 x 385 pikseli na Twitterze, Facebooku, Vkontakte, Instagramie, Google+ etc.


Nie zapomnij zapytać o to, w jaki sposób autorzy chcą zostać podpisani. Może woleliby swoje prawdziwe nazwisko zamiast nazwy użytkownika {{smiley}}

[[Category:Social media{{#translation:}}]]



Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories/How to request/uk

Mon, 26 Sep 2016 06:00:56 GMT

Piramidion: Created page with "2) Як тільки Ви впевнитесь, що спільнота підтримує це нововведення, зверніться на User talk:DannyH (WMF)|с..."



Якщо Ви хочете, щоб у Вашій вікі було увімкнене [[m:Community Tech/Numerical sorting in categories|числове сортування в категоріях]], Ви можете подати на нього запит.

1) Будь ласка, розпочніть обговорення зі спільнотою — запит на коментар, голосування чи будь-який інший спосіб, у який Ваша вікі зазвичай приймає рішення щодо таких речей — щоб упевнитись, що є підтримка для цього рішення.

2) Як тільки Ви впевнитесь, що спільнота підтримує це нововведення, зверніться на [[User talk:DannyH (WMF)|сторінку обговорення користувача DannyH (WMF) на Меті]], давши посилання на дискусію у Вашій вікі, де Ви прийняли рішення впровадити таке сортування.



Tech/News/2016/39/ru

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:13:28 GMT

FuzzyBot: Updating to match new version of source page {{Tech header|Еженедельный выпуск технических новостей содержит сводку, помогающую редакторам отслеживать недавние изменения, которые наверняка повлияют на их работу. [[Global message delivery/Targets/Tech ambassadors|Подписывайтесь]], [[Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News#contribute|дополняйте]] и [[Talk:Tech/News|оставляйте отзывы]].}} {{Translatable template|Tech news nav}}



Terms of use/Creative Commons 4.0/MassMessage/da

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:17:02 GMT

FuzzyBot: Updating to match new version of source page



Hej! Jeg skriver fra Wikimediafonden for at indbyde dig til at give din feedback på et forslag om at flytte fra CC BY-SA 3.0 til en CC BY-SA 4.0 licens på tværs af alle Wikimediaprojekter. Forespørgslen er åben fra den 4. oktober til den 7. november, og vi håber på at få en bred vifte af synspunkter og holdninger. Hvis du er interesseret, så vær venlig at [[Terms of use/Creative Commons 4.0|deltage i diskussionen på Meta-Wiki]].




The above message will be sent out to Village Pumps on all language editions of all projects ahead of the opening of the consultation. Thank you in advance for your help translating this message! [[User:JSutherland (WMF)|Joe Sutherland (WMF)]] ([[User talk:JSutherland (WMF)|talk]]) 23:35, 22 September 2016 (UTC)



Textmaster09

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 15:50:30 GMT

Tegel: Tegel moved page Textmaster09 to User:TextMaster09 without leaving a redirect: Wrong name space


Textmaster09 Vikipedi'nin kulanıcılarındandır.Hevesli bir yazardır.



Requests for comment/Local group of global abusefilter users/Village pumps

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 10:21:16 GMT

MarcoAurelio: further description


{
"description": "List of village pumps of the projects where the global abusefilter is enabled. A list of village pumps across projects can be found at [[d:Q16503]] (general) and [[d:Q4582194]] (technical sections for some projects).",
"targets": [
{
"title": "Meta:Babel"
},
{
"title": "Wikilibros:Café",
"site": "es.wikibooks.org"
}
]
}



Requests for comment/Local group of global abusefilter users

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 10:10:51 GMT

MarcoAurelio: Created page with "{{draft}} {{rfc subpage |status = |comment = |date = 2016-09-25 }} == Scope == Splitting from Requests for comment/Local group of abusefilter helpers because some..."


{{draft}}
{{rfc subpage
|status =
|comment =
|date = 2016-09-25
}}

== Scope ==
Splitting from [[Requests for comment/Local group of abusefilter helpers]] because some users said they'd support a creation of another group to let other users appart from stewards to manage global abusefilters. A proposed [[Global AbuseFilter]] policy mentions it. I'll organize this RFC on several sections. If we agree that such a group should exist, then we can move on the details of naming, appointment and demotion process, etc. This RFC should be mandatorily advertised via MassMessage or CentralNotice on wikis where the global abuse filter is enabled and can cause issues (currently all small and medium-sized wikis plus some others).

== Q1: creation of a local group of global abusefilter managers ==
Do you support the creation of a local group with ability to modify global abuse filters?

=== Q1: Support ===

=== Q1: Oppose ===

=== Q1: Discussion ===

== Q2: {...} ==



Wikimedia Taiwan/Projects/社群年度計畫申請/2017/國立臺灣大學維基研究社

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 04:05:22 GMT

和平奮鬥救地球: /* 經費規畫 */


{{Wikimedia Taiwan/Projects/社群年度計畫申請表/說明}}
==聯絡人==
'''社群聯絡人可1-3名,請由聯絡人本人留下維基媒體計畫帳號。沒有維基媒體計畫帳號者不可成為聯絡人。'''
* [[User:和平奮鬥救地球|和平奮鬥救地球]]
* [[User:烈羽|烈羽]]

==社群年度方針==
'''請以簡短的文字說明您今年的策略是什麼(著重哪些工作、希望達到什麼效果)'''
# 招募社員加入社團,建立社群。
# 培養社群凝聚力、運作方式。
# 翻譯或建立社員有興趣參與的中文維基百科或其他中文維基媒體子計畫條目。
# 讓社員擁有符合維基格式和內容要求來寫作的能力。
# 跨校合作交流。

==計畫起迄時間==
(西元年/月/日)
*2017/1/1-2017/12/31
==計畫說明==
'''請詳細說明您預計執行計畫的方法,例如要辦幾場活動、形式為何、產出內容是什麼?'''
*隔週社課:講師講課配上實作討論。
*每週午聚:討論條目編輯與社務。
*期初迎新:自介、介紹社團,讓大家互相認識。
*期末成果發表:向大家介紹自己編輯的條目。
*跨校合作:例如與中山醫維基社合辦活動。

==計畫評核指標==
'''您覺得做到什麼樣的程度,計畫算是成功了?'''
*每學期至少產生十篇具有一定品質的條目(不限百科),這十篇當中最多只能有二篇條目由同一人主編。
*社課出席人數達到平均12人以上。
*每學期至少有2名新社員加入。
*每年至少有一次跨校活動。

==計畫的風險及管控==
'''您覺得計畫可能無法達標的風險是什麼?解決方案或需要的支援是什麼?'''
* 創始社員許多已大四,解決方案是在各類型社團博覽會與網路多多招募新人。
* 如2016年年底復社未通過,借場地等行政事務會不方便些。解決方案是請求校內友社或教師協助。

==經費規畫==
'''請列明您的計畫需要的經費。請儘量分出細目以便估算,協會不會嚴格要求未來需完全依照細目使用。填寫方式請參閱[[Template:TWComHead/Doc|模板說明]]'''
{{TWComHead}}
{{TWCom |分類 = 人事費 |項目=講師車馬費 |單價= 1000 | 數量=10 | 總價 =10000 | 備註 =}}
{{TWCom |分類 = 租金 | 項目 =場地費 | 單價 = 200 | 數量 =16 | 總價 =3200 | 備註 = 可能無法借物理系館,須使用博雅或新生教室,單次兩百(含設備) }}
{{TWCom |分類 = 推廣費 | 項目 =文宣製作 | 單價 = 1 | 數量 =2000 | 總價 =2000 | 備註 = 文宣品(海報、傳單) }}
{{TWCom |分類 = 飲食 | 項目 =點心飲料 | 單價 = 150 | 數量 =6 | 總價 =900 | 備註 = 主要用於迎新社課 }}
{{TWCom |分類 = 租金 | 項目 =攤位場地費 | 單價 = 900 | 數量 =2 | 總價 =1800 | 備註 = 9月份的社團聯展與3月份的杜鵑花節 }}
{{TWCom |分類 = 推廣費 | 項目 =徽章 | 單價 = 20 | 數量 =50 | 總價 =1000 | 備註 = 紀念品(宣傳與活動獎勵用) }}
{{TWComFoot}}

==對話區==
'''本章節為協會審核與溝通之用,申請時不必填寫。日後有疑問時,請在這個章節回應'''

__NOTOC__



WMF Resolutions/Wikimedia fundraising principles/bg

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 01:29:24 GMT

Vodnokon4e: {{resolution |title = Принципи на Уикимедия за набиране на средства |notes = Тази резолюция, изясняваща принципите за набиране на средства на Уикимедия, бе одобрена единодушно на 9 октомври 2010 г. }} Whereas the Wikimedia movement’s ambitious and important mission -- to empower every single human being to freely share in the sum of all knowledge -- requires the mobilization of large numbers of individual financial supporters; and Whereas the Wikimedia community is entering the 2010-11 fundraiser, which is intended to be the largest such effort to date; We hereby resolve that the following four principles should govern fundraising activities across our community. We direct the Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director to implement these principles in the fundraising efforts of the Foundation. We acknowledge that the Wikimedia movement is continually evolving, and that these principles will likely be revised further as part of movement-wide organizational development. 1) Maximizing public support: Fundraising activities in the Wikimedia movement should generally be directed at achieving the highest possible overall financial support for the Wikimedia movement, in terms of both financial totals and the number of individuals making contributions. Fundraising models adopted by the Wikimedia Foundation should adhere to this general principle. 2) Establishing and maintaining sound legal frameworks: To the extent the Wikimedia Foundation establishes arrangements with other entities such as recognized Wikimedia chapters for the purpose of directly raising funds and/or providing financial support for mission-aligned activities, these arrangements must be entered as legal agreements capturing mutual organizational obligations, which are understood to be in force, and which have been mutually vetted to be legally valid, enforceable, and responsible. 3) Establishing and maintaining transparency and donor privacy: The Board is committed to the highest standards of transparency both at the Foundation and with respect to the use of all funds raised from donors on our sites or otherwise under the auspices of the Foundation's trademarks. The Board is also deeply committed to donor privacy. To the extent the Foundation establishes agreements with other entities for the purpose of fundraising or trademark usage, such agreements must be consistent with these principles and any related policies and practices. 4) Maximizing participation beyond financial contribution: Consistent with the principles of empowerment underlying Wikimedia’s success, the Wikimedia[...]



Fundraising principles/bg

Sun, 25 Sep 2016 01:28:11 GMT

Vodnokon4e: Created page with "Това са принципи за набирането на средства, както и критерии за организациите, които работят с д..." Това са принципи за набирането на средства, както и критерии за организациите, които работят с дарителски данни и обработва информация за дарителите. Те са изготвени първоначално от [[Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia Foundation| Фондация Уикимедия]] (ФУ) и се прилагат при набирането на всички средства под егидата на Уикимедия. __TOC__ == Набиране на средства == Принципи за набиране на средства:Originally from an [[Special:MyLanguage/Resolution:Developing Scenarios for future of fundraising#Guidelines for Funds Distribution Scenarios|October, 2010 letter]] and a [[Special:MyLanguage/Resolution:Developing Scenarios for future of fundraising#Guidelines for Funds Distribution Scenarios|January, 2012 WMF resolution]] ; Consistency with mission, vision and values: All Wikimedia fundraising activities must be conducted in a manner that's consistent with our overall mission, vision and values. They must not create unnecessary legal exposure for the projects, or otherwise unduly interfere with our ability to achieve our mission. ; Minimal cost and minimal disruption: All Wikimedia fundraising activities must aim to raise money from donors effectively - minimizing administrative costs, causing minimal disruption and annoyance for users of the projects, and avoiding slowing the donation flow. ; Transparency: All Wikimedia fundraising activities must be truthful with prospective donors. We need to tell people what we intend to use their money for, before they donate. And we need to report in a timely fashion on how it was actually spent. ; Responsibility: All Wikimedia fundraising activities must ensure funds received are safe from fraud or misuse as determined by existing third-party standards for appropriate financial controls, and must adhere to relevant laws and regulations. ; Internationalism: Our movement is international in scope, and our fundraising practices must support the easiest possible transfer of money internationally in support of the movement's priorities. ; Independence: We prefer a fundraising model in which we are supported primarily via the many-small-donors model, because this is the model that best supports our independence. ; Flexibility: [...]