Preview: Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff
Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff
Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff - LiveJournal.com
Last Build Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:00:18 GMT
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:00:18 GMT
- Tue, 12:03: 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦
- Tue, 12:09: (Note that there's no reference to Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, and the Bailiwicks of Guensey and Jersey who have no say at all.)
- Tue, 13:17: A flight of Apaches heading up the river....
- Tue, 13:30: Porridge and coffee. A late Brexit comfort breakfast if you will. ☕☕☕
- Tue, 15:05: Apple App Store prices to rise in the uk. What was 79p will be 99p. https://t.co/XsRdgfTLdK
- Tue, 15:23: An hour and a bit of Into Battle With The Art Of Noise. I am in my happy place. https://t.co/eyKHyxfCxd
- Tue, 15:43: My mornings (minus the obligatory cat footstep trap on the stairs): https://t.co/jk9dKMZhp9
- Tue, 15:56: As PM May has just given the Union a possibly fatal blow, should we remind her that she leads the "Conservative and Unionist Party"?
- Tue, 19:00: (every day my metal friend/shakes my bed at 6am/then the shiny serving clones/run in with my telephones/talking fast I make a deal)
- Tue, 20:05: RT @bradplumer: The coal projects that China just canceled would’ve been equal in size to *one-third* of the US coal fleet: https://t.co/J7…
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:00:21 GMT
Mon, 12:38: So here is a thing: @outlook on iOS seems unable to display text sent in messages from Apple Mail (not sure if it is on iOS or Mac). Mon, 12:45: Trying to sign up for @BT_uk's Call Protect service; but apparently I'm unable to change my plan features online. Something broken at BT? Mon, 12:50: A beast beneath my desk. https://t.co/dFwYD9pfqF Mon, 13:00: In today's Tree War skirmish, a sneak attack by a magpie commando removed two parrots from the top branch. The wood pigeons remain. Mon, 14:05: Next time you get a press release about Blue Monday, reply "FAC73" and attach this picture: https://t.co/kgnimvrsDG Mon, 15:36: What's the Canadian equivalent of HIPPA? And what happens if you send a random journalist a plain text password to a radiography system? Mon, 16:51: Status: noodling around StaffHub. Mon, 19:29: Archiving the government... https://t.co/Rq7pu4FijX Mon, 19:31: Ooooh! Love this series; it should make good road trip listening. https://t.co/9gRqMHRCoV Mon, 19:39: #NowPlaying At the End of a Century by Art Of Noise. Today's listening, the construction of an act of Debussy. ♫ https://t.co/JlSYVFyaJt Mon, 19:45: I'd go to Hamilton; but only if I could go the rest of New Zealand as well. Mon, 19:45: RT @infoworld: With its #rlang tools, #microsoft attempts to democratize #datascience #analytics, by @sbisson https://t.co/gIIi6bDDKz Mon, 20:26: Coming to the conclusion that I just don't like Ethiopian/Abbysinian coffees. The beans are just that bit too bitter. Mon, 20:30: Recent Reads: What A Dragon Should Know. More G A Aiken Dragon Kin; conceited dragon meets fantasy viking politician. Now with worldbuilding Mon, 20:32: Recent Reads: Last Dragon Standing. Yet more of G A Aiken's Dragon Kin books. The Jaffa Cake of paranormal romance, you just can't stop. Mon, 20:35: Time to go back. We should have gone back a long time ago. https://t.co/1ZVefoaWTN Mon, 20:45: (and yes, I talk to my wife over Twitter when we're sat next to each other; but I am wearing headphones for an Art Of Noise fest...) Mon, 21:04: I know what I am reading next! https://t.co/jH5CxwMzd7 Mon, 21:05: I must admit, looking at Trump's cabinet picks, I'd thought he'd already hired the K Street Band for his inauguration... Mon, 21:18: (volatile sensibilities were activated by a savage insensitivity, or by the oly egoism of genius) Mon, 21:25: New fiction from Charlie Stross out tomorrow (and having had a sneak peak at it, I can tell you it's excellent.) https://t.co/kN20GxO36q Mon, 22:59: The Tory "Party before Country" approach to Brexit is fundamentally wrong. [...]
Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:00:21 GMT
- Sun, 16:42: Shiny plumbers https://t.co/cBRHEOssG5
- Sun, 17:38: An afternoon hanging out with @troyhunt and @larsklint in and around the South Bank. Damp but fun!
- Sun, 17:40: Now writing about technical debt while listening to rare Japanese KLF mixes. From friction to the JAMs: two different Mus...
- Sun, 18:07: And it's clear the Culture reads Ballard: GCU The Precise Nature Of The Catastrophe.
- Sun, 19:20: The yak is back. https://t.co/KbgSjnl97O
- Sun, 23:38: Supper potatoes, with sausages and aubergine. https://t.co/ZnO3R7UVTB
- Mon, 09:41: Disturbingly there appears to be a TV show out there called "Love Yurts".
- Mon, 10:28: RT @WindowsUK: Got #BlueMonday blues? Share what you're looking forward to in 2017 on our FB page for a chance to #win a #Surface. https://…
- Mon, 11:08: Blue Monday is FAC73.
- Mon, 11:25: https://t.co/qd2h44XrXM
Sat, 14 Jan 2017 12:00:21 GMT
- Fri, 13:22: Big bowl of porridge time.
- Fri, 14:07: Despite being announced before Christmas Cortana is still not in the UK iOS Store...
- Fri, 14:16: So the base in Despicable Me 2 was real! https://t.co/h7Tu7ED7Oh
- Fri, 14:32: Sadly despite saying it does, 15007 does not fix the "camera not ready" Hello issue with RealSense cameras.
- Fri, 15:00: Decided to switch to the Store version of Tweeten; there seems to be a Smart Screen issue on 15007 that stops the desktop installer running.
- Fri, 16:50: Look like the issues with 15007 and Windows Update may have been fixed. Just powered up a test box and it's downloading...
- Fri, 17:15: Hey @MSEdgeDev, you might want to talk to the folk at https://t.co/9FB1WLuSxL; the site doesn't play well with Edge.
- Fri, 19:26: (glockenspiel/bass guitar/ocal chords/two slightly sampled electric guitars/the venitian effect/digital sound processor/and tubular bells)
- Fri, 19:57: "We've updated your PC." https://t.co/AfsKWfxeM2
- Fri, 22:37: Miso-sherry glazed garlic pork chop https://t.co/Ja3NzCqFRx
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:00:12 GMT
- Thu, 12:28: Naked escalator https://t.co/uQb438qTtu
- Thu, 13:03: Chap on the Tube with bright red sneakers. I was surprised when he turned out not to be @stevecla...
- Thu, 13:03: RT @le_jerriais: Join the table with the toad every (or any) Thursday morning 10h30-11h30 @CostaCoffee Bath Street for some #Jèrriais https…
- Thu, 14:44: Hmm. Looks like Twitte have changed the formatting of tweet notifications under @TweetenApp again...
- Thu, 16:20: My desk has been invaded. https://t.co/mUf3WdAgKG
- Thu, 16:26: If you can find a bootleg copy of The KLF's unreleased White Room OST, it's well worth a listen. Sampling reinvented again.
- Thu, 16:34: Cat Kinect; or My Life As A Bond Villain. https://t.co/j5CTw7TJ6z
- Thu, 17:46: Just started snowing in Putney...
- Thu, 17:52: Snow. Temperature has crashed from 7C to 1C in less than an hour. https://t.co/iYi9gMBbFt
- Thu, 17:56: Temperature graph from the Netatmo sensor on our roof: https://t.co/M4AKHQiy5t
Thu, 12 Jan 2017 12:00:23 GMT
Wed, 13:18: Went out to the corner shop. Well then, winter has come. Wed, 13:29: The Tree has been colonised by wood pigeons. I suspect Drunk Parrot will not let this outrage stand. Wed, 13:31: Bye bye Windows Essentials. You were good, but the rest of the world got better. So I guess you did your job in the end. Wed, 13:36: Technically the FSB is not in the Kremlin; it is in Lubyanka Square... Wed, 14:29: RT @infoworld: #Microsoft has embraced #rlang & is spreading the wealth #bigdata #datascience #analytics, by @sbisson https://t.co/gIIi6bDD… Wed, 15:23: This week's Enterprise Microsoft: two years on from buying Revolution Analytics, what is Microsoft doing with R? https://t.co/7RJ5Arfoev Wed, 17:35: That's toast, mmm yeah, Just toast, That's toast, Just toast. https://t.co/M1o9XHt1zb Wed, 19:06: sudo apt-get upgrade on 15002. Whoa, that's a lot of packages! Wed, 19:24: Microsoft to livestream a day of UWP developer content on February 8th. Sign up for a reminder here: https://t.co/SX4yvB0VmP Wed, 19:29: Always good to hear about Windows dev from Kevin.... https://t.co/AXN5j1R7zi Wed, 19:35: Feeling I have to hand my Prog Card in. I tried to listen to a Rick Wakeman solo album and bounced off it. Wed, 19:38: Weird. Same version of Office on two machines connected to the same Office 365 account. One has round user icons, one square. Wed, 19:41: Lunchtime/midafternoon reading for the US twitter shift. https://t.co/4kuKzxLCTv Wed, 20:05: Quote from Radio 4 just now: "You have existential vertigo!" You know, I think we all have. Wed, 20:34: RT @jackevans: Let there be light: Microsoft's Kinect lights up radio station KEXP's studios (Photos) https://t.co/PxZI8CkuMA via @PSBJ Wed, 20:57: 🤦 https://t.co/0ReYm52ZAh Wed, 20:58: 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦 Wed, 21:23: Idea via @marypcbuk: live cams on the bread shelves in our local Little Waitrose #BritishMiddleClassTech Wed, 21:46: Good question. I went to the weekend of events held in Minehead for his 75th. https://t.co/NoRhwxf8xH Wed, 22:29: Is there some sort of cradle/dock for a Surface Book in easel-mode so I can use one near vertically with an ergonomic keyboard? Wed, 22:30: Seeing as the BBC named him on The World Tonight, I'm guessing the D-Notice has been pulled. Wed, 22:36: The Sacramento Weir is open (via @randyfmcdonald) https://t.co/znJGd65DgI Wed, 22:54: Excellent mix of dark ambient and field recordings. The drone of the urban flyover. https://t.co/kRN9btA7X7 Thu, 00:20: RT @JudyBott: This is happening #santafe https://t.co/y3tAn5dtVn Thu, 10:47: Finally seen someone wearing a Hermes Apple Watch. I should have guessed Bond Street tube station would have been the logical place... [...]
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:00:17 GMT
- Tue, 15:41: Spending an afternoon writing about R while listening to KLF mixes. Kick out the JAMs!
- Tue, 16:00: There's something apt about writing about analytic software and listening to a bunch of Discordians remixing Eternal Father Strong To Save.
- Tue, 17:12: Autonomous airdropped micro-drone swarms are a thing now: https://t.co/eRuSuUGwwo
- Tue, 19:56: Right, that is my copy for the day delivered. I shall now come out from under the headphones.
- Tue, 19:58: A quick guessing game: what do you all think this is? https://t.co/8UFMy0HGJx
- Wed, 10:55: If there was one thong I'd want Skype to do (and there are many): if I delete a conversation from one instance, it should go from them all.
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 12:00:17 GMT
- Mon, 12:36: So there was a box, at the back of a drawer. 10 years: an unboxing. https://t.co/eaOxPr2bTe
- Mon, 12:36: From then to now: original iPhone next to an iPhone 7 Plus.
- Mon, 12:45: Sadly the original iPhone needs a SIM card to activate... https://t.co/Fa5i8h1DBG
- Mon, 14:23: Listening to a Biosphere track full of field recordings, and thinking, those bird samples are loud. No, real birds.
- Mon, 14:24: This makes a lot of sense. https://t.co/fo9ETGRa9U
- Mon, 15:35: You mean, "he discovered that Bluetooth LE trackers had been around since 2010 and this was nothing new": https://t.co/n5dTG9iToP
- Mon, 16:26: In memory of the felled https://t.co/npYfYmCEdn
- Mon, 18:09: RT @donasarkar: #WindowsInsiders we are VERY happy to release build 15002 to the Fast Ring for PC today: https://t.co/pGepnb34bY.
- Mon, 18:36: Test boxes updating.
- Mon, 18:56: This morning I unboxed an original iPhone. https://t.co/4OswKS9p9G
Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:00:21 GMT
- Sun, 17:17: No You See Me 2: Evil Harry Potter vs The Magicians. Some logical flaws in the underlying caper, but still a fun heist movie.
- Sun, 17:20: Recent Reads: About A Dragon. More of G A Aiken's Dragon Kin. Arrogant dragon meets snarky witch. Together they fight gods.
- Sun, 17:58: Watching The Sunset #flickr https://t.co/NdmVYO9HKj
- Sun, 17:59: A Fire Upon The Deep #flickr https://t.co/aYD5D81oMa
- Sun, 19:10: Is there an alternative to the Darkgate Comic Slurper? I'd prefer something that wrapped sites for easy navigation...
- Sun, 19:34: This weekend's ambient discovery: Biosphere. Best described as Eno meets Global Communication via Peter Namlook. https://t.co/087o1Nxf6C
- Sun, 19:39: @ReneVe6a How's Skyote doing in the rain?
- Sun, 19:47: Leggses @ Putney https://t.co/P1otHgnXbK
- Sun, 21:03: RT @kjittens: I meant to do that. https://t.co/uUmD2u5sw6
- Sun, 23:35: Wait, isn't this a Martian War Machine from George Pal's War Of The Worlds? https://t.co/sxaNEjfRIo
Sat, 07 Jan 2017 12:00:22 GMT
- Fri, 12:14: Time for some music. Bohemian Rhapsody Played by a 100+ year old fairground organ (via Martin Banks on FB) https://t.co/RXFUx4QN9C
- Fri, 13:21: Cat demanding laser pointer time. Loudly. That's new...
- Fri, 14:18: Oooh. The Good Place is back. Such a good show.
- Fri, 15:30: @ReneVe6a Just seen the forecast for your weekend! Stay safe and dry!
- Fri, 16:47: A reminder from @stevesi that it's 5 years since the initial WoA announcement at CES brought me back to this piece: https://t.co/T6Qdoz0Ee6
- Fri, 16:55: RT @HeinleinSociety: In case you missedit: New' Robert A. #Heinlein short story "Field Defects" in last May's issue of @GalaxysEdgeMag htt…
- Fri, 19:21: 3D desk via 3D Builder on a 950XL. https://t.co/lok1oom9d9
- Fri, 19:31: The 3D conversion in the 3D Builder app is interesting, if somewhat flawed. It assumes dark is deep and light is high.
- Fri, 19:58: I have always loved this song. #NowPlaying The Night I Heard Caruso Sing by Everything But The Girl ♫ https://t.co/Qk0PCob5XS
- Fri, 20:11: I remember my first Thargoid, back in Elite on the old BBC B, a spinning hexagon of death. I wasn't yet Dangerous, so my ship exploded.
Fri, 06 Jan 2017 12:00:19 GMT
- Thu, 13:53: Today's @bing image is not an outtake from Avatar, right?
- Thu, 14:03: Interesting. And somewhat at odds with what Drummond said yesterday. So well, 2017. https://t.co/89OIGXWMzG
- Thu, 14:15: It's all enossified #NowPlaying Ambient ♫ https://t.co/G3fKLgPzuN
- Thu, 17:03: This is getting ridiculous: GPS-enabled drones with "follow-me" modes now under $100. https://t.co/I6kB38EdBA
- Thu, 20:18: Setting up Orbi WiFi routers.
- Thu, 20:59: It always seems a little sad configuring a router as a wireless AP...
- Thu, 21:56: The horns in the Floe movement of Glassworks always make me think of the Clangers. Ah, bathos.
- Fri, 11:46: RT @VisualStudioUK: We've still some tickets left for our FREE #devops events in Jan. Register now for a day with our experts https://t.co/…
Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:30:52 GMT
After a little experimentation and some annoyance with an over-zealous password manager, I now have cross-posting between LJ and DW set up. Comment at either, I have all comments set to arrive via email...
Crossposted from Dreamwidth. There are (image) comments there
. Comment either site, I'll read them anyway.
Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:11:25 GMT
I'm keeping my LJ account alive for now: it's a permanent account I've had since 2002 or so, so it's costing them money...
But I'm also set up on DW, and will be crossposting between the two. Feel free to friend me on either. As always, I'm sbisson
wherever I can be...
Thu, 05 Jan 2017 12:00:20 GMT
Wed, 12:03: Noticing how much faster my new Nikon zoom is over the Tamron I'd been using. I'd never have been able to take this: https://t.co/F5JwP9Mk8q Wed, 12:21: Why is no one saying that Dippy is a fake dino? Err, sorry, replica. Wed, 12:38: In fact, it occurs to me that the various "Dippy Goes On Tour" headlines are actually an example of real fake news... :-) Wed, 13:10: Is there a Samaritan who'll take down this Person Of Interest? https://t.co/MVUgl1EioU (via @andrewducker) Wed, 13:19: There's a Lutefisk hotline! But do they come take it away or bring more? https://t.co/cnE2lvSRaR Wed, 14:02: Tesla Girls, Tesla Girls/Writing in their diaries/Now and then they'll watch TV/Now and then they'll speak to me Wed, 14:03: RT @peteratmsr: What Goethe and deep learning have in common. https://t.co/NYBgrW0Pnk Wed, 14:42: Complaining about people like Farage on TV? Get your party/representative to answer the phone and make comment. It's the only way. Wed, 15:15: Oh yes. So much flame. So much. https://t.co/G3M9uGhZof Wed, 15:20: This is a fascinating deconstruction of the spear-phishing attack that snagged the DNS. 1800 targeted accounts, glo… https://t.co/1XhqnMfJA5 Wed, 17:54: Single payer health insurance works for the economy: I wouldn't have gone into business myself without the security of the NHS to back me up Wed, 19:18: Recent Reads: Dragon Actually. The first of G A Aiken's Dragon Kin books. Paranormal romance, with shapeshifting dragons. Welsh cat dragons. Wed, 19:22: RT @infoworld: Get to know DocumentDB, one of Azure's most important developer components #Microsoft, by @sbisson https://t.co/sDXVG5kYkg Wed, 19:36: Hmm. I think our Market Spice Tea is a little on the stale side... Wed, 19:59: Brian Eno is more ambient than ever. #NowPlaying Reflection ♫ https://t.co/cVjjwgRZdL Wed, 20:19: Wonderful: real Utah teapots. https://t.co/SdvsMIfZu3 Wed, 21:33: The unknown Go AI I linked to a story about earlier? It was a new version of AlphaGo: https://t.co/jmDL8hXbKz Wed, 21:46: Status: Hoping that the rumours of new Buggles material this year are true. Especially with the new profile pic of Trevor Horne's FB page... Thu, 08:17: vDSL outage since midnight. Anyone else seeing problems? Is there planned maintenance at @MerulaSupport? Thu, 09:14: ...and we are back online. Network outage is over.... Thu, 09:25: Let's play spot the Lightning: https://t.co/crzIehd78Q Thu, 11:05: RT @louisjdr: these are beautiful 😍 “220 METRO AND LIGHT RAIL SYSTEMS FROM AROUND THE WORLD, SHRUNKEN AND SIMPLIFIED.” https://t.co/y9a7B… Thu, 11:41: Your regular reminder that my weekly Enterprise Microsoft column can be found here: https://t.co/9d5qYVPI2z Thu, 11:43: Doing porridge. https://t.co/CsU0ONgFld [...]
Wed, 04 Jan 2017 12:00:50 GMT
- Tue, 12:17: Made my first ever porridge in the porridge mug @marypcbuk gave me for my birthday. Just what was needed on a cold morning like this one...
- Tue, 14:33: It seems that certain organisations don't understand basic tradecraft (and never read any Le Carre).
- Tue, 16:39: Wondering why Surface Dial will only scroll the middle column in @TweetenApp
- Tue, 18:38: Writing about architecting apps for DocumentDB.
- Tue, 18:43: @RNLIJersey Got some lovely pictures of the inshore boat at speed from Sorel over Christmas, on the 27th: https://t.co/ZIEUdU6brE
- Tue, 20:11: RT @cdespinosa: Happy 40th birthday, Apple Inc. https://t.co/CZTvaPDTrq
- Tue, 22:11: One thing to note; Alexa is already a verb. I bought my mother a Dot for Christmas, and she texted to let me know she'd "alexad The Archers"
- Wed, 12:00: A coffeshop morning. Showing my Microsoft fan barista the Surface Dial. He's now wanting a Surface Studio.
Tue, 03 Jan 2017 12:00:20 GMT
- Mon, 13:08: They're Justified and they're Ancient, and they drive an ice cream van: “KLF 01-01-2017 WTF FOUND VHS” https://t.co/EuMbHyq4eD
- Mon, 16:48: Our annual e-Holiday Card: https://t.co/oVAN5FVPkm
- Mon, 16:55: I hate PPI robocalls that come in as number withheld.
- Mon, 18:38: A kestrel hunting in Richmond Park this morning: The Wings Of The Windhover #flickr https://t.co/F5JwP9Mk8q
- Mon, 18:38: Jackdaw on security camera in Richmond Park: This Car Park Is Being Monitored For Your Safety #flickr https://t.co/RYSs4Z6XSW
- Mon, 18:39: Kestrel trying out for the Surface Studio wallpaper: In Those Yellow Eyes #flickr https://t.co/03oB5q254J
- Mon, 19:49: It's good to see that Blancmange have been more productive since they reformed in 2006, than they were in the 80s. https://t.co/0CeqDFuwSn
- Tue, 10:38: RT @nickmcquire: Microsoft had an influential 2016. Brace for more in 2017. Top @sbisson piece on firm's year ahead in enterprise IT https:…
Mon, 02 Jan 2017 12:00:16 GMT
- Sun, 14:49: Current plan: confusing everyone who follows me on Goodreads by dumping my Librarything into it...
- Sun, 16:57: Wait; you still use checks? https://t.co/JYoruKCTWw
- Sun, 16:58: November 2017 will mark 25 years since I met @marypcbuk.
- Sun, 17:06: News Year's Fireworks in Putney: An Astronomy Of Fire #flickr https://t.co/UaWoZfC9SV
- Sun, 17:07: New Year's Fireworks in Putney: Green and Purple #flickr https://t.co/gyc5JsGLya
- Sun, 18:20: Currently watching a favourite movie: Oscar. The Barber Of Seville as three bag French farce, with 1930's gangsters: https://t.co/KUlnBWWLP0
- Sun, 18:46: 2017 turns out to be very interesting ( via Hacker News): https://t.co/R88VRWwj2z
- Sun, 23:11: Exploded Light https://t.co/ecQPyA98zY
- Sun, 23:12: We Draw Our Own Galaxies https://t.co/hkDArP3oxn
- Mon, 00:02: Nice interview with TMDR. https://t.co/jeRzL001OP
Sun, 01 Jan 2017 12:00:28 GMT
Sat, 16:31: On the last day of 2016, my thoughts on what will Microsoft do for Enterprise IT in 2017... https://t.co/TlWqwqL3my Sat, 16:33: Think i may have become addicted to my @spotify Daily mix playlists. Lots of Prefab Sprout joy in this one... Sat, 17:55: Recent Reads: The Library At Mount Char. Scott Hawkins fights a war of succession for godhead; with lions, burglars, and killers in tutus. Sat, 17:56: Recent Reads: Level Grind. Annie Bellet's Twenty-Sided Sorceress series collected. Magical mysteries in the Pacific Northwest. Excellent fun Sat, 18:15: "Happy New Year," says the beach #flickr https://t.co/Eov2cDlT9a Sat, 18:16: To The Waves #flickr https://t.co/fbvQ2VFkGE Sat, 18:19: Fizz in the fridge... Sat, 18:35: One of the finest pieces of 80s electropop. #NowPlaying God's Kitchen by Blancmange ♫ https://t.co/uUQ7i8grx7 Sat, 18:43: Wait! Blancmage reformed and are recording again? Whoo! #NowPlaying Commuter 23 ♫ https://t.co/BQWKMFayP5 Sat, 18:56: Lifeboat At Speed #flickr https://t.co/ZIEUdU6brE Sat, 18:56: One of the best sunsets of the last year: Purple Orange Sea #flickr https://t.co/9NhXs2uQmb Sat, 19:12: The Sunset Sky Spreads Wide #flickr https://t.co/Q4FmGGK2oY Sat, 19:24: One thing about not doing CES this year, a Christmas not juggling a meeting Excel spreadsheet turns out to be nice and relaxing! Sat, 23:00: 1992 Perrier-Jou�t, peach nectar, and a dash of St Germain. https://t.co/gGU0kAc6CD Sun, 00:15: Happy New Year, from the roof in Putney. https://t.co/6XcHl4evVt Sun, 00:51: (I start 2017 only reading one novel!) Sun, 01:04: RT @NPASLondon: Happy New Year from all at @NPASLondon #London #NYELondon #NYE2016 https://t.co/feakSSM7Fm Sun, 09:38: As they say back on Jersey, "Bouanne Ann�e!" [...]
Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:00:26 GMT
- Wed, 13:49: I take a look into Microsoft's Enterprise future for 2017. https://t.co/TlWqwqL3my
- Wed, 13:49: RT @marypcbuk: 9 gifts IT didn't find under the Christmas tree, or that weren't worth opening https://t.co/DMtXWLH9K6
- Wed, 16:22: St Ouen's Bay on a crisp winter afternoon. https://t.co/DIwFXXsm5x
- Wed, 19:51: Knowing exactly where the delayed inbound plane is; priceless. https://t.co/mkoS6DPZ2X
- Wed, 19:56: JER✈️LGW
- Wed, 20:59: One lesson from this trip: credit card TSA-safe multitools are no longer security-safe in the UK. Apparently they were banned 3 weeks ago.
- Wed, 21:16: TIL there is an underground gardens in Fresno. Road trip next time we're in CA!
- Wed, 21:18: Woo! We have a takeoff slot!
- Wed, 21:23: RT @zoe_leavitt: I just unearthed the Death Star of #ecommerce via @cbinsights... AMZN patent for airborne warehouses at 45K ft spitting ou…
- Wed, 21:24: RT @ErrataRob: The Internet-of-Things saved a lot of lives at the Weinachtsmart attack. https://t.co/q9D5L0eKtQ
- Wed, 23:02: Bye bye St Helier https://t.co/BUeaHcGdLp
- Wed, 23:02: LGW at last. Quite a misty landing.
- Thu, 01:13: RT @jsnover: I joined MSFT 17 yrs ago with the goal of changing the world. Well that took a lot longer than I originally thought it would.…
- Thu, 10:38: RT @marypcbuk: There's a special hell reserved for people who hit the emergency stop button to get their guitar off the luggage belt & bloc…