Subscribe: Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff
Preview: Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff
Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff
Technology, Books and Other Neat Stuff - LiveJournal.com
Last Build Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 11:00:10 GMT
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:00:08 GMT
Fri, 13:36: Aaaaaaargh. It is not "on-premise". You are running in a building, not an idea. It is "on-premises". Now go and rewrite. Fri, 13:52: RT @wasbuxton: #2 of 2: Recent work by our group on bimanual pen+touch interaction. This one on larger displays (esp realy large): https://… Fri, 13:52: RT @wasbuxton: #1 of 2: Recent Work from our group on bimanual pen+touch interaction. This one on relaxed postures holding slate: https://… Fri, 13:57: Cat has finally worked out how to sit on my feet while I work. It has only taken him 17 years. Fri, 14:11: WANT! A Lego Saturn V: https://t.co/jB0SWBEfXy Fri, 15:06: Caterpillar Beak #flickr https://t.co/8KkxsApjpo Fri, 15:07: Skimming Pelicans #flickr https://t.co/QA7IF9jCA8 Fri, 15:07: Garden Lizard #flickr https://t.co/4Y2YS1AWsK Fri, 15:35: Official Lego tweet about the Saturn V. So tempting... https://t.co/on7zCXmDXJ Fri, 16:00: This is an excellent introduction to the modern surf guitar scene: Brave New Surf by Various Artists https://t.co/fqU5MTJINm #NowPlaying Fri, 16:37: Found a nice black stainless steel strap for Watch on Amazon for �10. Took out two loops and it fits nicely. https://t.co/Y5OzeNEzQT Fri, 17:30: 11 hours of excellent modern surf guitar as a Spotify playlist. Enjoy. I know I do: https://t.co/VkryBWNoIt #NowPlaying Fri, 18:48: Banks complaining that the UK isn't doing anything to help their post-Brexit status. Wait, I thought this was a pri… https://t.co/FMZSgenEjh Fri, 19:01: So back to my standard early release setup post CU release. Everything on RP, except one machine on Fast. Fri, 19:12: For your screen backdrop pleasure, the latest NASA Black Marble images work rather nicely indeed. https://t.co/87UHxZOSjC Fri, 20:19: Is Gangnam Style now the official music for #EdBallsDay? Fri, 20:22: RT @edballs: Ed Balls - Six Years On ... https://t.co/A35QtqKmSW
Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:00:04 GMT
- Thu, 17:23: RT @typescriptlang: TypeScript 2.3 is out and now brings checking in files, default type args, async generators, more! Try it today! ht…
- Thu, 18:35: Now I've given that rental car back, I have to admit: I miss the butt haptics.
- Thu, 18:44: This is so well done. And why wasn't I following @donttrythis already? https://t.co/NvWbt46dVG
- Thu, 19:35: RT @MSFTMechanics: Microsoft Teams now has public teams. See how you can find and join them here in our demo: https://t.co/GrkMydXKTF https…
- Thu, 19:39: A strong stable. That's what we'll need to bolt the door of once we lose most of our industries to the EU post-Brexit.
- Thu, 21:24: Good results for the C+E folk at Microsoft. Interesting to see just how much growth there's been in Dynamics 365 in a year.
- Fri, 09:02: RT @PaulbernalUK: It's so, so sad that #edballsday has become so commercialised these days. https://t.co/qXDrX39OtC
- Fri, 09:05: RT @VirginAtlantic: We've just taken delivery of our latest 7-Ed-7. #EdBallsDay https://t.co/9Kx7K0qoPC
- Fri, 10:20: RT @OuestFrance: 📽 📌 À l'occasion des grandes marées, nos reporters-photographes ont tutoyé l'archange du Mont Saint-Michel. https://t.co/I…
- Fri, 11:39: To be honest the Garden Bridge should have had the plug pulled a long time ago. Who's paying back the �40 million?
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:00:09 GMT
- Wed, 14:52: RT @ZDNet: Need a chatbot fast? New tools let you go straight from documentation to chatbot, with no code at all https://t.co/Yuq7yOxF5e @s…
- Wed, 15:02: Hello London https://t.co/8NVaAnDvKd
- Wed, 15:55: A very full river. https://t.co/ObK1oLSsBH
- Wed, 19:05: Another Wednesday, another Enterprise Microsoft. This week SQL Server gets built-in machine learning. https://t.co/V3ApzkH3Ch
- Wed, 19:49: If only I had a pool. I think @LauraCatPJs needs one for her office, though! https://t.co/vMnbiBKL5V
- Wed, 19:58: Things best done jetlagged: corporation tax returns.
- Wed, 20:03: Recent Reads: Investments. Walter Jon Williams bridges the gap between the two Praxis trilogies with a long novella. Corporate conspiracies.
- Wed, 20:45: Watched Moana on the plane home last night; what a lovely film. Loved that at the end she's teaching folk navigation and sailing techniques.
- Wed, 21:24: Nice to see @UnlikelyWorlds using the techniques computer security folk use for working with dangerous alien code in his Jackaroo books.
- Wed, 21:40: I'm finding the current price war on Seattle to San Jose flights between Alaska and Delta quite convenient.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:00:12 GMT
- Tue, 16:28: Such an excellent book, and for free! https://t.co/BNEV8rDyMI
- Tue, 18:06: RT @MicrosoftFlow: We are excited to announce new features for #MicrosoftFlow! Read: https://t.co/ggSkO8X6GJ
- Tue, 19:14: Found the other day; a Ublock Origin list that removes "promoted content" blocks from web pages. https://t.co/FSnbcviYPw
- Tue, 20:29: RT @marypcbuk: I think I might have finished The Vampires of Silicon Valley: The Vampire and the VC, at least as a short story... https://t…
- Tue, 21:32: One of my aims for my writing this year is to credit as many women computer scientists as possible. We wouldn't be here without them.
- Wed, 02:42: This was not the pre-flight cocktail I was expecting. Well, at least the flower is @VirginAtlantic purple! https://t.co/iwyDoZfw1I
- Wed, 02:48: To explain the last tweet, the @VirginAtlantic Clubhouse at SFO has partnered with a San Francisco tiki bar. Mmmmm. https://t.co/7CfA1beQPK
- Wed, 04:04: On the plane. Next stop London.
- Wed, 04:26: It me! https://t.co/6Vl06o43iz
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:00:09 GMT
- Mon, 20:16: RT @NetworkWorld: How to track and secure open source in your enterprise, by @marypcbuk - https://t.co/5Pes0uvyNU
- Mon, 21:34: Today in Twitter with Simon and Mary: zen koan, wallabies, and elvish.
- Mon, 22:32: Recent Reads: Something Coming Through. Paul McAuley's Jackaroo tales feel like post-Brexit SF. Old worlds and older stories meet: we lose.
- Tue, 00:13: I keep coming back to reading SF about the Fermi Paradox. It's such a fruitful area of desperately human speculation about the unknown.
- Tue, 01:09: This is true, though for me it's become a Surface 3. https://t.co/vHmOYuUK6c
- Tue, 01:33: RT @CreatorsProject: NASA's massive photo archive is now on one convenient, searchable site: https://t.co/1vzf022ZiS https://t.co/ujFvCnY8VM
- Tue, 02:22: RT @juliehubs: So, I'm gonna tell a story about why I chose a liberal arts school, instead of a tech school. These covnos always come up, &…
- Tue, 07:23: Just because: https://t.co/f5NttHkyuN
- Tue, 08:52: RT @NinjaEconomics: The full rotation of the Moon as seen by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter https://t.co/9xtren1BM7
- Tue, 09:12: Hoping this is only rumour: https://t.co/b5jW1JGutu
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:00:12 GMT
- Sun, 19:08: Flooooooooooooof! https://t.co/gV76NQBojo
- Sun, 20:57: Brunch. Brisket and grits. https://t.co/SbDHONG3iw
- Sun, 20:59: Oh my. They turned New Orleans coffee into a frozen cocktail. A Frozen Irish Channel. https://t.co/XBkhHR2Iir
- Sun, 23:51: RT @DeanHach: "If authors of programming books wrote arithmetic books" (unsure of origin, fw'd by friend) https://t.co/2BH0SPoUp2
- Mon, 02:29: Someone just turned on a frog.
- Mon, 06:00: Skimming Pelicans #flickr https://t.co/QA7IF921by
- Mon, 06:01: Hummingbirds at fountains. So small. So fast. Stretching The Wings #flickr https://t.co/DHiPR5KQT9
- Mon, 06:02: Santa Cruzing Dolphin #flickr https://t.co/DL9eX63dt3
- Mon, 06:03: The Watching Junco #flickr https://t.co/pLCzmgmjhF
- Mon, 06:25: RT @lukasztweets: Live TV! French National election results explained using #PowerBI by @franceinfo to #surfacehub #dataviz #ddj https://t.…
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:00:03 GMT
- Wed, 17:35: It must be Wednesday: this week's Enterprise Microsoft is a look at what's next for Azure's serverless offerings. https://t.co/Ifd3WbUIOe
- Wed, 22:43: RT @infoworld: #Microsoft brings together Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure Stack & .Net for the next stage of PaaS, by @sbisson https://t…
- Wed, 22:44: At SEA heading south to San Jose. Nice meeting @JenMsft this morning; worth the rush to the airport!
- Wed, 23:20: I think I need some wooden clogs.🇪🇺
- Wed, 23:21: RT @jacobrossi: We completely overhauled the DOM of EdgeHTML- geek out on the most significant architecture change since Edge launch https:…
- Thu, 03:12: San Jose evening sun. https://t.co/MgTt22hD5A
- Thu, 04:09: RT @jsnover: Just when you thought MSFT couldn't surprise you any more: Hyper-V Containers for Linux https://t.co/I48TKrHvxv #MicDrop!
- Thu, 04:14: RT @simonster: Updates to Microsoft Intune on Microsoft Azure https://t.co/QRupPDN6wl New console, groups, CA, RBAC and GraphAPI is coming…
- Thu, 05:18: RT @scienmag: https://t.co/9SqMvMO4Wb
- Thu, 06:39: RT @JBMontarnier: Impressionant! En #bourguignon que je suis, pensée à nos viticulteurs qui se battent contre le gel! https://t.co/JYHkGf9y…
- Thu, 07:03: So TPLs in IE 11 were bad, but an ad-blocker in Chrome is good?
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:00:14 GMT
- Tue, 15:17: Well. I wasn't expecting to wake up to *that*.
- Tue, 15:25: RT @charlessimonyi: I am excited, stoked, amped + elated to join forces again w/ @Microsoft. We can’t wait to get started! https://t.co/qRe…
- Tue, 18:17: I will be voting for any one with a clear policy to reverse Brexit in my local constituency. I am a single issue voter this election.
- Tue, 18:29: Hmm. The new @outlook build for iOS seems broken. Just getting a blank screen after updating.
- Tue, 18:34: Make sure you're registered to vote in the snap General Election. Every vote counts. https://t.co/uRuU0aXsra
- Tue, 19:36: RT @PageFortyFive: Vote! Women campaigned so hard for your right to. Suffragette graphic novel by @EyeDotter @bryan_talbot reviewed: https…
- Tue, 20:32: Recent Reads: Lover's Quarrel. Another slice of Astro City life from Kurt Busiek. What happens when superheroes age, and can a gorilla rock?
- Tue, 20:40: Quite glad that I am going to be on the road for most of May.
- Tue, 21:00: Unsubscribe link on an email from a pub I have never been to is black text on a black design block. Bad @fullers, no Pride for you.
- Tue, 21:03: With IDF dead, is it time for Microsoft to bring WinHEC back to the US? There's a need for an event focused on silicon and software.
- Wed, 00:02: I normally argue against tactical voting. Not this time. Vote for whoever will beat the Tory. It's the only way to save Britain.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 11:00:13 GMT
- Mon, 21:04: RT @JenMsft: Just upgraded to the #Windows10 Creators Update? Use the Feedback Hub to tell us what you what you want to see added & improve…
- Tue, 00:25: If my Lumia 930 had been an Android device it would have stopped getting updates more than a year ago. Just remember that.
- Tue, 00:29: RT @WinObs: Just found a very nice (and free) Skype recording helper called Amolto. Works with not only desktop but also Skype UWP.
- Tue, 00:30: A bunch of audio hardware driver updates for Surface Book on CU Release Preview this afternoon.
- Tue, 05:44: @CollWilliams Thanks for organising an excellent evening!
- Tue, 05:59: Recent Reads: Lucky Penny. A graphic novel from the webcomic Johnny Wander. A coming of age in the precariat, love in the storage lockers.
- Tue, 06:27: As an #avgeek who photographs birds, I rather like this xkcd cartoon. https://t.co/jZX6GmgAzb
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:00:11 GMT
- Sat, 16:41: C18 tabbed browsing. https://t.co/Gwma5s4iAr
- Sat, 16:45: RT @NerdPyle: Okedoke folks, here's the skinny on the shadow brokers dump https://t.co/vExzVLuHzd please make sure you're patched!
- Sat, 20:30: Latte time. https://t.co/J4vvomwv3T
- Sat, 21:16: RT @Rainmaker1973: One the weirdest perspectives by @CassiniSaturn: #Saturn seen through #Titan's upper atmosphere on March 31, 2005 #Satur…
- Sat, 22:40: RT @rachelnabors: I'm composing a master list of web animation libraries to share. Aside from GreenSock, what are your faves?
- Sun, 06:17: RT @AeroDork: Ten years ago David Rose built the RP-4 to break the piston powered speed record. The project went dormant but the plane stil…
- Sun, 07:04: @thecatreviewer Bookshop kitten in Seattle. Lots of get up and go, ultra soft and cute. 11/10 for literacy and pugn… https://t.co/25YfM6x0tv
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 11:00:03 GMT
- Fri, 22:01: Chowder and views https://t.co/zMvaCwjnSb
- Fri, 22:06: Olympian https://t.co/1HWVBZOGdf
- Fri, 22:22: Ferry and Ferris https://t.co/Ev7095mnBM
- Fri, 22:56: A robot so big, it carries its own maintenance crew. https://t.co/vesoq2dVmg
- Fri, 22:56: RT @marypcbuk: Eastside folk (or those of you willing to cross the lake ;) @sbisson & I are planning beer in Bellevue on Sunday evening; li…
- Fri, 22:57: RT @marypcbuk: Well, if you'd just turned off SMB 1 when you were first told, this wouldn't matter!
- Fri, 22:58: Turn off SMB 1!
- Sat, 02:30: RT @NerdPyle: Reminder: the default firewall rule (since Windows Vista) blocks inbound SMB; there is no way to connect to you unless you al…
- Sat, 04:41: A very Frasier wine. https://t.co/03UAaBmc9i
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:00:10 GMT
Thu, 16:04: Needs more lemmings. https://t.co/hbD8l7hVBP Thu, 16:55: RT @marypcbuk: Microsoft plans for WSL beyond Creators Update; more features and maybe multiple Linux distributions https://t.co/jLfBaxNDYd Thu, 18:21: In a restaurant in Bellevue last night saw one of @RandallGrahm's wonderful Vinferno posters on the wall. #BoonyDoonLove Thu, 18:57: Contoso! Drink! Thu, 19:03: Been wearing an Apple Watch for a week now; really liking the large screen and rather impressed with the battery life. Thu, 19:12: All these worlds are yours, except Enceladus. Attempt no landings there. Thu, 19:12: RT @Rainmaker1973: .@CassiniSaturn discovered hydrogen in the #Enceladus' plume: it means the moon has a source of energy that could be use… Thu, 19:13: RT @A51M: Illustration of Cassini Spacecraft Diving Through Plume of 'Ocean World' Enceladus via NASA https://t.co/CpWgekTmK1 https://t.co/… Thu, 19:25: RT @starwars: May the Force be with you. #SWCO #StarWars40th https://t.co/10zZ4TXqpQ Thu, 20:12: RT @BP_Hutch: Here's a graphic demonstrating the process behind the Enceladus hydrogen plumes.#OceanWorlds #AstroAnarchy https://t.co/O9g54… Thu, 20:56: I'd figured installing Visual Studio 2017 would be faster in Building 18... Thu, 21:37: RT @migueldeicaza: We improved Android performance and officially introduced our macOS support for Xamarin.Forms: https://t.co/Ax6sk1PDMr Thu, 21:57: RT @joe_elway: Naming in #Azure is something that smart people have been asking about. Here's MS's best practices: https://t.co/XrWRNq7yZn… Thu, 22:30: WSL is awesome! (This is a test, sorry @richturn_ms) Thu, 23:10: New Neal Stephenson incoming! https://t.co/wAclFJ8Lka Fri, 00:54: RT @timoklimmer: I wrote an R package to query and manipulate data on DocumentDB from R. Check out https://t.co/Qtk9Rb7sJP. Fri, 05:51: Sunset reflections at Microsoft. https://t.co/W4nte82F8B https://t.co/0o5fJ2w52i Fri, 06:37: RT @MSAdvAnalytics: Build breakthrough applications that deliver intelligent insights from your data. Join us at #MSDataAmp. https://t.co/L… [...]
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:00:09 GMT
- Tue, 17:59: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 https://t.co/DnHQrPihvu
- Tue, 18:01: RT @tomwarren: Windows 10 Creators Update is live, and a new cumulative update for those already running it https://t.co/64QDqqiTyG
- Tue, 18:07: I was in Portland yesterday, so I think you can guess what happened. And yes, it did end up with unlimited free parking.
- Tue, 21:11: Hmm. Annoyed, as car rental company block registers its cars for WSDOT tolling so you have to pay their facilities fee and markup.