Preview: The TRANSFRONTIER Sound System Nº1 Broadcasters
The TRANSFRONTIER Sound System Nº1 Broadcasters
This is where the Southern Highlands of America buck dances with the "Motherland" - big ole Africa... Yesterday, today & tomorrow.
Worldwide, Hollers, Nooks & Crannies, Appalachian Old-Time music, Afro-Beats, Hillbilly Blues, Country & Eastern, Banjo & F
Published: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 01:47:55 +0000
Radio Kenya - The Random FM Air Waves floating around Nairobi
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:33:37 +0000
You know Americans don't get around very much, at least in person.
This is truly a sad state - seeing how much of an impact "American culture" has upon the globe.
Me - well, although not money rich, I'm rich in living experience in many parts of the world due to "right placement" & timing or should I say a partner & wife who has the ways & knowledge to hustle internationnal gigs from many angles...
An international expat hillbilly musicaneer playing connect-the-dots on a grande scale. So here is one of things Iove to do - record random local radio...
Here's some Nairobi radio from different times in 2006....
Dig these East African guitar boy bands, one-man guitar & benga classics.
Xillbilli Mau-Mao Nº1 - Kentucky to Kenya, two peas in a podcast
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:16:42 +0000
HOWDY, HOWDY & Thanks for keying us in. we hope all you folks finding us out there dig our little expeditions...
On this show we explore Kentucky, Mississippi, Kenya & Ethiopia.
Just a scrape on the global surface........
A little old, a little of today. grab hold of these xillbilli sonic grooves - its good medicine in a big ole crazy world.
Stay with the Xillbilli Mau-Mao Nº1 Sound System
ROUND-UP the rooster:
Pretty little Pink, I.D. Stamper
Buck Dance, Enos Canoy
Green Ford Blues, Virgil Anderson
Lonesome Scene of Winter, Morgan Sexton
Hook & Line, Morgan & Lee Sexton
Little Boy, Little Boy, Bob Carlin
Cold Blooded Murder, Hazil Dickens
Granny will your Dog Bite, Othar Turner
Adaneh Teka / Bob Marley, Ethiopiques 2
Masanga, Jean Mwende Bosco
Wanyanga Jaraha, Kisumu String Band
Rocky Island, Martin Young
Tennessee Farmer, Stringbean
Lost John, Enos Canoy
Xillbilli Mau-Mao Nº1 - Hillbillies of the World Unite, TEST & TENT show
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:05:14 +0000
Howdy & welcome to the 1st test Podcast posting of the Xillbilli Mau-Mao Sound System Nª1.
This 1st test show is only a little bit loose ( not unfocused)?
REtooling is currently being done & a Xillbilli Sound System is heading your way...
This 1st show will be pulled off line very shortly to make Byte space for our future spins into XMM Sound System Nº1 - Got to craft it the way we mean too, dig...
Testing the waters set:
1) Streak Of Lean, Streak Of Fat - A.A. Gray & Seven Foot Dilly
2) I've Been Everywhere - Hank Snow
3) Rihlan - Field Recordings From Mali, Bush Taxi Mali
4) Sally Anne - Bubba George Stringband
5) Hillbilly Boogie - Delmore Brothers
6) Anyina Boa (No Place to Hide) - Akwaboa's Guitar Band
7) Skillet Good And Greasy - Dirk Powell- Tim O'Brien- John Hermann
8) The World Turned Upside Down - Dick Gaughan
9) Old Bush/Expect the Unexpected - John Doyle
10) Yamaryo - Djelimady Tounkara
11) Are You Mine - Ernest Tubb
12) Little Red Shoes - LORETTA LYNN
13) Welcome To Goose Creek - Goose Creek Symphony
14) Elkhorn Ridge - Rench w/ Lonesome Sisters
15) I'm Johnny Cash - Alabama 3
16) Are You Gypsified - Electric gypsyland
17) I'm Going Back To Africa - Lord Invader & His Calypso Rhythm Boys
18) My Lovely Elizabeth - S.E. Rogie
19) No Vacancy - Merle Travis
Enjoy & stay in touch ya'll,
(embed) Click here to get your own player.