Subscribe: God Spots
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
back  day  days  didn  glass  god  good  home  house  life  love  man  morning  people  things  time  water  years 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: God Spots

God Spots

Updated: 2018-03-05T08:50:10.790-08:00




Until a few years ago, I never paid much attention to anything historical, or political, or for that matter didn’t even care much about current events unless they affected me personally. I spent most of my life living ego centrically.The last few years have been spent scrambling trying to frantically research things I never cared to learn. What is funny, is that most of my desire to learn came as a result of reading scripture and growing in my faith.I came across an interesting tidbit a week or so ago. Someone mentioned to me a DVD called “Nine Days That Changed the World.” If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor and get a copy.The back cover of the DVD says:“In 1979 Pope John Paul II made an historic pilgrimage to Poland.Millions of Poles, almost 1/3 of the nation turned out to see the Holy Father inperson, while the rest of the country followed his pilgrimage on television orradio. Within sixteen months, Solidarity became the first officiallyrecognized free trade union in the Communist bloc, with over 10 millionmembers. The momentum of this nine-day visit would eventually lead to thefall of the Berlin Wall in November of 1989 with the dissolution of theSoviet Union in 1991.”Watching the DVD my heart was pierced as I learned more about the struggles of the Polish nation and the utter destruction and annihilation of so many of its precious human beings. I was spellbound seeing the hope in their eyes as they gathered along the roadways hoping to get a glimpse of this new Pope... a man who was not only the leader of their religion, (which was virtually forbidden), but a World Leader who was one of their own.One of the things that struck me during this DVD was a clip from Ronald Reagan’s famous speech, the one that we have all heard quoted so often. “General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" I was watching all alone and found myself clapping wildly as if I was sitting in an audience filled auditorium when I heard the end of Reagan’s speech- the part no one seems to ever talk about. He said:“In a word, I would submit that what keeps you in Berlin is love--love both profound and abiding. Perhaps this gets to the root of the matter, to the most fundamental distinction of all between East and West. The totalitarian world produces backwardness because it does such violence to the spirit, thwarting the human impulse to create, to enjoy, to worship. The totalitarian world finds even symbols of love and of worship an affront.Years ago, before the East Germans began rebuilding their churches, they erected a secular structure: the television tower at Alexander Platz. Virtually ever since, the authorities have been working to correct what they view as the tower's one major flaw, treating the glass sphere at the top with paints and chemicals of every kind. Yet even today when the sun strikes that sphere--that sphere that towers over all Berlin--the light makes the sign of the cross. There in Berlin, like the city itself, symbols of love, symbols of worship, cannot be suppressed.As I looked out a moment ago from the Reichstag, that embodiment of Germanunity, I noticed words crudely spray-painted upon the wall, perhaps by a youngBerliner: "This wall will fall. Beliefs become reality."Yes, across Europe, this wall will fall. For it cannot withstand faith; it cannot withstand truth. The wall cannot withstand freedom.Thank you and God bless you all.President Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987President Obama do you see what happens when God isn’t put in handcuffs? Do you see what happens when we don’t keep our belief in God hidden behind a wall? He uses his hands to tear down walls, he uses his hands to build bridges.So Mr. President PLEASE…“Tear Down That Wall.” that is keeping God out of our national policies. Let God’s principles reign. [...]




In memory of all who lost their lives in an act of terrorism, or in the act of heroism. We honor your memory. May this day of rememberance help to heal hearts and souls.

God Bless you and all whose lives you have touched.

Giving Up Control


I just finished reading my cousin's blog. I can strongly identify with her struggles. Case in point, she doesn’t want to go to her WW weigh in because she knows she’s up in weight. She’s struggling to get pack on program. Right now I have the same issues. I'm eating more and moving less. Like Paul say's in his letter to the Romans:For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. I think our mutul problem must be in our gene pool. Both our mom’s died sooner than they should have. The years of smoking did them in, but the extra weight compounded the lung issues they both had. As long as I can remember, my mom always said she wouldn’t live a long life. Both of her parents had died younger than the norm, and she was sure she would follow suit.I hate the term “morbidly obese”, but that’s what my mom was. Her sedentary life style kept the weight on and kept the lungs from clearing out the nicotine. As a result, in her early 60’s mom developed congestive heart failure. She began falling asleep at the kitchen table, and usually with a cigarette in her hand. The doctor explained she was slowly asphyxiating herself. She wasn’t able to breathe deep enough to take in the good air and expel the bad.Every morning she would sit on the edge of the bed until she could catch her breath. One morning she fell asleep sitting there and slipped off the bed. My dad couldn’t get her up by himself and called an ambulance. She was in a coma for several days and also on a respirator. She was in the hospital long enough to curb the physical craving for the non filtered Camel cigarettes she smoked for 50+ years but the mental desire to have a cigarette with her morning coffee was still there.On my first visit to her after she came home from the hospital, she asked me to go to the store and buy her a package of cigarettes. I emphatically told her no, and in a huff walked out the door. But on the drive home I suffered a guilt trip and drove to the store. I bought the cigarettes home with me hoping mom would change her mind. No such luck.The first thing bright and early the next morning mom called asking me if I'd gone to get the cigarettes. I was fuming mad that she was putting me in this position of enabling her habit. Nevertheless, I drove the quarter mile down the road to her house. I walked in and slapped the pack on the kitchen table, and fighting back the tears I said “Don’t ever ask me to do this again. Maybe you don’t care if you die, but I do”. I started to leave but mom asked me to get something out of the cupboard for her. By the time I got whatever it was down, mom had finished scarfing down her first stick of nicotine. I wanted to throw up when I saw her reach into the pack and take out a second cigarette right away. She held it in her fingers for a second or two and then reached into the pack for a third. She turned and opened the drawer of the cabinet next to the kitchen table and dropped both inside a little dish, and then handed the rest of the pack back to me.Mom lived another 10 years, and often she would tell us not to let ourselves get to the point she was. She had always assumed that the cigarettes and the extra weight would probably cause a massive heart attack that would kill her instantly. She never imagined that she would have to live for 10 years as a prisoner in her home, confined to her motorized scooter, and that she would have to relinquish the independence that she loved so dearly.Going through mom’s personal belongings after she died, we came across the two cigarettes still in the same spot she’d placed them ten years earlier. I couldn’t help but wonder if this was moms’ way of assuring herself that there were still some things in her life she had control over.My mom has been on my mind a lot lately since her birthday was a week or so ago and now with Thanksgiving just around the corner, family memories are flooding my head. I really had no intentions of making this post all about her. I was actually going to talk about [...]

The Price of Trying to Be Cool


A few weeks ago I had to take one of the grands to the doctor to have an ingrown toenail taken care of. I made the two brothers sit out in the van because the week before when one of them had to be seen for poison ivy, the waiting room became a battlefield.

Even though they had their ipods to listen to they got bored and one decided to come in and see what was taking so long.

On the counter in front of the receptionists desk there was a pile of those stretchy bands that kids love to wear. Above was a sign that said "Take One. So he did.

I didn't notice the wrist band for a few hours and when I took I closer look I started laughing. This is what it said:

Of course he wanted to know what was so funny. I shouldn't have done it but I just couldn't help it, I told him Coumadin was anothe name for Viagra. He ripped that sucker off like it was on fire.

That'll teach him to check things out before jumps in head first. And just in case he sees someone with a bottle of Coumadin in the medicine chest I did tell him what it really is.


Summer Happenings


Summer is going quickly. I think we only have had 3 hot days and yesterday was one of them. I'm not complaining. Unless you are trying to swim, the temperature has been rather delightful. The early summer saw lots of rain but then it stopped and we experienced somewhat of a draught in these parts. People were praying for rain in a big way.Our annual Car Show Festival was slated for last Friday and Saturday. Of course we were hoping that if it did rain it would hold off until the festival was ended or rain in the nighttime.I was not part of the car show committee, but a good friend was in charge of the craft show part of the weekend. Her grandaughter was getting married in TN, so she asked if I would be in charge of assigning spots and checking in the crafters.I got to church about 9 am on Friday and numbered each of the sites that had been staked out the night before. The crafters weren't slated to arrive until 1:30 and so after placing the final marker I drove back home to change clothes and pick up my lawn chair.When I got back a little while later, I was shocked to see that one of the crafters already there and busy at work putting his EZ UP up. (I linked the word because until Friday I had never heard the expression). The guy has the same site every year so he knew just where to go. When the show was finished for the night his wife was still putting the finishing touches to their booth.I wondered if they just planned on leaving it unattended or were they planning on packing it all up. I found out he planned to put the sides on the ez up and leave it all inside. Kind of a gutsy move since we had no security at night. But all the other crafters did the same and just lowered the tent in case of rain.We got rain all right. Boy did we get rain. It rained steadily from 11pm Friday until 5 pm Saturday afternoon.One crafter, who was scheduled for Saturday only, arrived the next morning prepared to set up in the rain. I suggested she atleast set up on the front porch of the rectory, with a large over hang for protection. She was grateful and ended up being the only crafter who showed up that day. She gave it the old college try for a few hours and finally called it quits.Some of the old cars pulled out of town but some stayed and joined in the rest of the activities which were moved into the social hall.And a good time was had by all that were brave enough to come out in the down pour.The outdoor movie became an indoor movie. The wine tasting booth was a hit and also the elephant ear booth.I didn't win the $2000 dollar grand prize drawing but I did win some wonderful parting gifts after spending $5 on raffle tickets . The prize was donated by one of our parishoners. It was nice enough to be broken into two prizes, but now that I've won it I'm not complaining. Heres the first part.And the second. If you enlarge the picture you can see my mother and dad's wedding photo on the shelf below the glass. Only 3 wine bottle holders are visable in this picture but there are four. I'd say it was a good investment of my five dollars. Even the wine cost more than that. The rain was a blessing for the dried up grass and crops, but I was tempted to grumble about the way it messed up the car show. But as I took my turn making elephant ears I took a good look around the social hall. People were laughing and talking, and people were pitching in to help where help was needed. We were in a tightly confind area but no one was complaining. I guess it goes to show you just how big God's umbrella can be. It can only rain on your parade if you let it. [...]

Welcome Bishop Cistone


The Saginaw Diocese has a new bishop. Most Rev. Joseph Cistone was installed on Tuesday, and became only the sixth bishop of our diocese. That just doesn't seem right that there have only been 6 bishops expecially since #2 confirmed me as a child. I'm feeling really old.Seating for Tuesday's installation was limited. In addition to the priest and/or pastoral associate, only two people from the congregation could attend. I was so excited when I found out I would be one of the two.I never appreciated my Catholic heritage when I was growing up. Iguess you could say I took it for granted. I didn't like all the holiness and formality. All the pomp and circumstance felt like it got in the way of what we came to church to do. It felt too stiff and formal. When the mass changed from Latin into English I was thrilled. I was too young to have memorized all the Latin phrases and English made the Mass seem more personal, even though I still wasn't sure why we did things the way we did.This past year being in the lay ministry program has deepened my knowledge of why Catholics do what they do and how scriptural it all is. The mass has come alive, the teachings seem simple, and there is a whole lot of richness to each celebration. It's a shame it took me so long.I really am ashamed I never cared enough about my faith to seek answers before. The really sad part is I almost walked away from being a Catholic because when I did start to question, I listened to people of different faiths tell me Catholic teachings are all wrong and gave me all sorts of erroneous information.I bought into their beliefs hook line and sinker, and I made up my mind a few years ago that when my dad died I would find a new church. Driving Dad to church every Sunday was about the only time I got to spend with him. Even though I would rather be worshiping somewhere else, I'd take him to Mass but I'd sit in the pew and beg God to point me in the direction he wanted me to go when my time with Dad ended.One Sunday an announcement was made that a new bible study was starting the following Sunday. I really wished I could attend but I knew I'd never be able to drive Dad home and get back in time.But Dad's health took a turn for the worse a few days later and he wasn't able to go to church anymore. I was able to go to the bible study and for the next few weeks God just kept opening doors and brought people into my life that not only had a passion for Christ but also for the Catholic church.And in an answer to my pleas, God directed me right where he wanted me to be, and I am so immensely grateful for that guidance.On Tuesday I was even more grateful as I sat in awe as our 6th bishop was installed and celebrated the Mass with his new flock.He has the friendliest face and warmest smile, and as his parents walked up the aisle bringing the offeratory gifts, I wish you could have seen his face. He glowed like a groom watching his bride walk down the aisle, his love for them was so evident. And the fact that this man would agree to take the job as shepherd of the Saginaw Diocese proves his love and obedience of God as well.I pray that the love this man has for God will be reflected on to all of us and that in turn our love will make him feel warm and welcome in his new home. Maybe together we can make a real difference in the kingdom of God.Most Rev. Joseph R. Cistone[...]

You've Got a Friend


Sunday was the 40th anniversary of my marriage, and I posted a story on my widows blog about a braclet I had made with the diamond from my wedding ring. It is a great reminder of a large volume of wonderful chapters in my life.Another large volume deals with with a group of beautiful women I am so blessed to call my friends. This story also involves a braclet.Last week was the annual retreat of "The Friends Club". It marked the 22nd year of the retreat but our friendships go back much further. My friend BB and I go all the way back to first grade.There are 9 in the group, but for the last few years only 5 of us seem to be able to coordinate our finances and schedules and get together. The logistics have been too great for those out of state.Last year JH drew up an affidavit for our friend BV to sign saying that she would not miss again except for death or other extreme circumstances. Unfortunately, a good friend of BV's died earlier this month, and she wasn't able to make the trip up again for our retreat.She did however suggest that we let her be in charge of purchasing the item that would commemorate our 22nd anniversary.In the past we have marked the occassion by monogramming shirts and tops, one year we bought a flip flop pendant, and last year it was a bead for our pandora bracelets.This year BV chose a Brighton "Friends" bracelet. I love what the bracelet symbolizes. The "friends" is supported on either side by two leather cords. Two are better than one: they get a good wage for their labor. If the onefalls, the other will lift up his companion. Woe to the solitary man! For if heshould fall, he has no one to lift him up. Also, if two lie down together, theywill keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12This scripture speaks volumes to me in regard to this group of friends. Two get a good wage for their labor. When I think about two getting a good wage for their lablor I think of working beside JH in our real estate business for almost 10 years and how the two of us often helped the other out when need be. Then I remember how JD and I worked side by side for the same attorney in Florida. This was perhaps the greatest work experience I have ever had. A true God thing.If one falls, the other will lift up his companion - "Who of us does not have moments of weaknesss those time when we stumble and fall and need a friend?" ......I have certainly been the recipient of that kind of friendship over the years and I hope my friends will feel that they have recieved in return. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. "What of those cold moments in our lives when sunshine is obscured by some dark night of distresss and we crave the warmth of a friends presence? ........I often think of JD asking me to take a trip with her to Florida the winter Ed died -she wanted me to rest in warmth and be lifted in sunshine.Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. "Neither are we exempt from hostile attacks-the fierce onslaughts of Satan, the assaults of circumstances. In such moments, friendship is sustenance perhaps even survival." ........When I hear these words and I think of how God has given this group of friends the gift of faith. Together we share our love of God through a bible study. We may not worship in the same church but we all worship the same God, and we aren't afraid to say and do whatever it takes to keep each other from back sliding. There is nothing like the bond of friendship to get you through the highs and lows of life. Happy 22nd anniversary my forever friends![...]

Oy Vey what a last few weeks this has been


Vacation Bible School has been taking up my time the last few weeks. It's over and I'm pooped. But I must say I absolutely loved being part of it.This year, I again had the help of my trusted grandsons as we ran the "Bible Bayou" bible story station.The first day grandson AJ was Moses and God talked to him in the burning bush.You can't tell from the picture but the burning bush turned out to be pretty cool once I got it assembled. Remember the patio furniture I bought. Well let me tell you -the big boxes it came in - came in very handy. I draped a brown tarp over one of the boxes and set a fan blowing upward on top. Sitting in the middle of the fan was a red flashing light like you'd see on a police car. I stuck wooden dowels into a round stryfoam ring and stuck each leg down into the box so that the styrofoam ring was about 6 or 7 inches above the light on top of the fan. Next I taped long strips of red and yellow tissue paper to the styrofoam ring (thanks for your suggestion Wendy) then I arranged Boston ferns all around the fan to hide it and make it look like a giant bush. Behind the boston ferns was a red spot light. The fan, and both lights were plugged into an extension cord.When I said the words: "Moses was all alone up on the mountain ATLEAST THAT'S WHAT HE THOUGHT" That was the cue for my stage hand to plug in the extension cord. The fan blew the tissue paper streamers to look like flames coming from the bush and the two red lights gave the ferns an inner glow. When the kids finished oohing and ahhing the cd player was turned on, and a loud voice came out so it sounded like God was talking in the bush. ....Okay it didn't turn out as good as I'm making it sound. My mind percieves things that my body is not not capable of accomplishing, so in my mind this was going to be fantastic. Mediocore is a much better word for how it turned out....but hey, it was believeable enough for little kids, and they loved it so I'm happy.Day two was the story of 9 of the 10 plagues. Duke, the oldest grandson was Pharaoh. The first plague was turning water into blood. In the picture notice the glass of water sitting on the little table. When the kids call out to Pharaoh "Let My People Go", Pharaoh gets up from his royal throne which is made of 2 sheets of mylar draped over our priests chair. As Pharaoh walks away and pretends to be thinking over the request to let God's people go, I pour part of a packet of strawberry koolaid into the glass to make it appear like it's turned to blood.Zach the third grandson (the one too shy to act), was our wonderful stage hand.... On cue he took off the blue vinyl table covering made to look like a river and exposed the red vinyl underneath - so it looked like the river turned to blood. After Pharaoh sits back down and takes a drink of his water that has turned to blood and spits it was Z's job to take the glass of water away fill it up with clear water to be ready for when the second crew arrived.Bless his heart. I hadn't given very good directions and he thought he was supposed to bring it right back out. So while Pharaoh is still complaining about the bloody water, Z crawls back on stage (the alter) and tries to put the glass back on the little table. The glass tips and the water goes all over the floor. So Z crawls back off the alter and runs and gets some paper towels dries the alter floor then takes the glass back to fill it again. He comes crawling back out the second time and sets the water carefully on the table and it dumps over again. The table has a slot on top that can't be seen because of the table covering, and he keeps setting it over the slot.I'm trying to go on with the performance and ignore what is happening at my feet just as Pharaoh is finishing up his lines, but I'm having to give direction for the clean up at the same time. The kids were oblivious because Pharaoh had captured [...]

He's Watching Me


I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed one day last week, and I've been grumpy ever since. I first noticed it Saturday evening. I couldn't think of anything in particular that could have set me off, but all of a sudden I realized I just felt a little "how come you so."I have no idea where that expression came from, but that was my mothers polite way of asking us if we had a "bug up our butt." Instead she'd ask "Do you feel a little how come you so today?."Sunday morning I noticed the feeling big time at Mass. Our priest always gives the greatest sermons but he said something in his sermon and I've been stewing about it ever since.It didn't help my mood when I put the purchase of the patio furniture on my credit card and that night when it came time for evening prayers it was almost like I wanted to avoid God. It brings the whole Adam and Eve story of eatting the forbidden fruit and then hiding from God, into perspective for me.So now I had guilt and a how come you so attitude mixed together. Even last night at bible study I had a chip on my shoulder when I walked in and it got worse from there. When it came time for us to share our prayer requests I choked up trying to get out my request because it wasn't a request I was proud to tell. I began sharing :“I learned last week that an acquaintance of mine is moving in right next door. I really like this woman, but I am pretty much un-neighborly. I love to stop and talk if I see you outside, but I’m set in my own ways and I hate drop in company and I have a feeling that she will be dropping by very often.The woman is one of the widows in my group, and she has had a really tough life. She has some emotional needs that quite frankly I don’t think I’m equipped to handle. I’m used to doing my own thing and doing it without too many interruptions and … well…I guess I’m afraid my life is about to change. To be honest I like the way my life is and I don’t want God to change it. I want to serve God like I have been, and well…I’m afraid he is asking me to serve him by serving my neighbor. I mean why else –out of all the other places in the complex she could have moved, would God have moved her right next door to me if he didn’t have something up his sleeve. God’s finger prints are all over this and like I said …I’m a little worried. Would you please pray that I can be up to the challenge and put God’s wishes ahead of my own?”And as the words left my mouth I discovered my "how come you so" problem. I kind of laughed thinking God was saying "You thought that furniture was your idea, but little did you know I put the thought in your head so you could have a nice comfy place to entertain."As I thought about it when I got into bed last night I realized that God has never asked me to do anything for him that hasn't turned into a blessing for me. Yes it often involves more than I want to do, but in the end it is always well worth the effort. Hopefully this won't be any different.This morning I took my bible out to the front room and opened the blinds and started my quiet time with God. The tears started to roll down my cheeks because even though I knew what was causing the mood, the knowledge hadn't changed my demeanor.As I wiped away the tears I looked up and noticed that a little sparrow had landed on my window ledge and was peering in the window at me. He sat there for the longest time not moving a feather and then he turned his head and started to sing and I realized as I heard him chirp that it was God who was sitting there on my window ledge and I began to sing:Why should I feel discouragedAnd why should the shadows comeWhy should my heart feel lonelyand long for heaven and homeWhen Jesus is my portionA constant friend is HeHis eye is on the sparrowand I know He watches meHis eye is on the sparrowand I know He watches meSo [...]

Welcome to June


I love June. It's one of my favorite months temperature wise. Not usually too cold, and not usually too hot....except were not off to a very good start on this first day of the month. It is rather breezy and cool, the sun isn't shinning, and it looks like rain.For 40 some years June symobolized the start of a few months of calmness. No school work to contend with, no alarm clocks disturbing the peacefulness of the morning, and no fighting to make kids go to bed while it was still light out.This is the last week of school around here. You can tell it in the teachers faces. They are wearing that look that says only 4 more days of school while their hair is standing straight up in the air because the kids are acting so nuts. I saw that look on my husbands face for 23 years.When I open my patio door I can hear the sounds of the children playing during recess. Today I could hear them without opening the patio door a crack. Their voices are about 5 decibels higher than usual.And speaking of my patio.....I have been wanting some wicker furniture for it ever since I moved in here. There's nothing I like better than to savor my first cup of morning coffee out in the warm morning fresh air while I have my quiet time with the good Lord.I didn't want a whole set, because I already have 2 slingback rockers from an old patio set I left with my son when I moved. Nope all I needed was a sofa or love seat, and an ottoman.I found a 4 piece set (not white) that was do-able but I couldn't see spending the money for the extra pieces I didn't need and then still having to buy the ottoman. Oh don't get me wrong, there were lots of great looking ones if I wanted to pay over $1,000 but that wasn't in my budget.Saturday night I saw an ad on TV that said they had white wicker sofa's 30% off at Macksoods. For some reason I just knew I would find one so I even took the back seat out of the van so I could get it in. After church I drove to Flushing with my hopes high.Of course the one on close out was already sold. They did have lots to choose from in the 30% off category, but 30% off of $1400 is still way more than I can spend to cutesy up the patio.Disappointed, I drove to Minards to look at the do-able one I saw previously and I ended up buying the set plus the ottoman. The box barely fit in the van and when I got home I had to call Wendy to help me get it out.Surprise! When I opened the box I discovered I had to put it together. It took me until 7pm to get the love seat and two chairs and ottoman together. The coffee table will have to wait.But I do like the way it looks, and I'll like it even more when I get the roll up blinds put up and the old furniture taken to Wendy's.Now, I'm all set to take my coffee on the lanai- whoops I'm in Michigan not Florida- as soon as it warms up a bit.[...]

Day Number 2 & Tootin My Grandsons Horn


How did day number two go you ask? Well as the song says Two outta Three ain't bad.....not bad unless the 2 represents what you didn't do instead of what you did.

Such was the case for yesterday. Actually it was 3 outta 4 things I didn't do.

  1. 30-40 minute walk - No - I only walked 10 minutes up to the front of the complex

  2. 8 hours of sleep- No - needed to get laundry finished and had to arise this a.m. at 4:30 to drive grandson up to catch the bus for his class field trip, so I only managed 5 hours.

  3. Turmeric- No-couldn't bear the thought of wrecking my food with it

  4. Staying within my points - YES. Hooray

As for the other 3 today is a new day so I pick myself up and dust myself off and begin again.

And speaking of 2 outta 3...Last night was the end of the year band concert for my grandsons. 2 out of the 3 had chairs that did not lend well to picture taking from my place in the totally packed gym bleachers. This is the best I could do.



YT managed to be in just the right place for his grandmother to capture his musical skills.


The concerts over and I have a few days to get my act together before I have another grandson happening.

Time for lunch and then I'm off on my walk. Think I'll head to the drug store to see if I can buy turmeric in a capsule.


Of all the things I miss the most, I miss my mind the most


Yesterday on my way to the store I was listening to Ave Maria Radio and heard an interview with the author of this book.


As I tuned in the author was taking questions and he was giving the risk factors for developing the disease. I think I fit into every risk factor. One of them was belly fat, lack of exercise, wrong kinds of food, all the things that are bad for your heart are obviously bad for your brain.

I really listened carefully because just that morning I poured myself a nice big morning coffee and when I went to pick it up realized I'd poured it into a glass instead of a coffee mug.

So yesterday I started a walking program of at least 30 minutes and work up to an hour. I managed to do 30 &40 minutes two days in a row. Tomorrow I will begin a new way of eating and start eating more fresh fruit vegetables and whole grain products instead of fast food. Cut the simple carbs and concentrate on eating complex carbs. Fruit and veg's are washed and in the refrig.

I'm also going to start using turmeric. This is supposed to be great for arthritis, high cholesterol, and Alzheimer disease. Someone in bible study told me they had been using it and saw a difference in the stiff and soreness of middle age. He said he puts a 1/2 tsp in a glass of water every morning.

The other thing that is just going to kill me is getting 8 hours of sleep. I've been hearing that quite a bit lately that if you want to lose weight get more sleep, but I have trouble going to bed early and I hate sleeping past 6 am.

I'm also going to start using my Wii fit for the yoga which they also said improves brain activity.

We'll see how faithful I can be this time around. Wish me luck.

We'll see how faithful I can be this time around. Wish me luck.


Laugh for the day


I received the email below this morning. Thought it was too cute to keep to myself, so I'm sharing it with all of you.


A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation to Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her shipped home for $5,000, or you can bury her here, in the Holy Land, for $150.00."

The man thought about it for a few seconds and then said he would have her shipped home. The undertaker asked "Why would you spend $5,000 to ship your wife home, when it would be wonderful to be buried here in the very spiritual place and pay only $150."

The man replied, "Long ago a man died here, was buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I just can't take that chance!

Have a good day.

Tarnished Halo's


There's nothing like grandchildren. I count them my greatest gift God ever gave. Every grandmother thinks she has the best and they do no wrong, but sometimes you get a rude awakening.Last week the twins were coming to my house after school until it was time for baseball practice. About 15 minutes after they should have arrived, I called my daughter to see if the plans had changed. She assured me they hadn't and mentioned how much trouble they were going to be in for not walking straight to my house.I wasn't really concerned because I live right next to the school but they have never been late. A few minutes later my daughter called back. "Have the police come with my children yet?" I laughed thinking she was joking but she said "I'm not kidding. The school just called and said they got in a fight on the way to your house and the police were bringing them to your house. "Just then a patrol car pulled into the driveway and when I walked outside I could see two little blond heads in the back with tear stained cheeks. The officer asked if I was their grandmother and then asked if he could come in and talk to me. We all walked into my living room and he took out a pad and paper and began asking me a zillion questions. I was politely answering but wanted to scream. "Tell me what and the heck is going on!"Daughter called three times in three minutes and I was still answering preliminary questions and finally I asked the officer if he would talk to their mother. Instead of just telling her what happened he started in asking her the same kind of questions. After what seemed like an eternity he told her that a group of boys were walking together and two of the boys started fighting and rolling around on the ground. My grandson, aka twin A, and another boy tried to break it up but in the melee those two ended up having their own shoving match.The fight happened just off school property but close enough that a parent saw what must have looked like a big blowout and called 911. The school personnel got involved because the kids were on their way home from school and had not yet arrived home, and the reason the police brought only my grandsons home and no one else was because they couldn't give the officers my actual address.No one was hurt but the twins got 3 days off from school. Everyone else involved got one or two days. Even though twin B wasn't involved in the altercation that afternoon he was punished because the day before he had gotten into an argument with the same boy that his brother got in the shoving match with. The school believed that the shoving incident was in retaliation of the verbal argument. Obviously the school doesn't know the twins very well - otherwise they would know that those two never agree on anything so retaliation was the furthest thing from twin A's mind!A parent- principal -teacher conference over the situation made me mad. The school personnel said the twins are very popular boys and this other kid (who has already been suspended 3 times this year) wants to hang out with the twins but he has very poor social skills and does very annoying things, like walking up behind them and crinkling a water bottle in their ear. The principals think that the twins, being the leaders of their class, should take this boy under their wings and include him.All the 6th grade teachers all gave glowing reports of their classroom behavior, saying how helpful they are, and how kind they are to everyone except this boy who they say annoys the heck out of everyone. Nevertheless the suspension stood.Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the twins were blameless. They are not angels but they are not into retaliation or bullying either. They are loud and boisterous and even obnoxi[...]



He Is Risen! Alleluia!Happy Easter everyone.My how quickly time passes when you are having fun. And I have been having fun.I spent three days last week on vaction with my family. I can't remember the last time both my son and daughter were able to get away at the same time for a few days of rest and relaxation.We rented a 3 bedroom suite at Boyne Mountain's Avalanche Bay indoor water park.There are no words to describe what a wonderful feeling it was having the whole family together for this special time. We lauged and played and grew closer as a family. What a beautiful Easter blessing. Thank you God, for the gift of family.The youngsters in the family, the grands, had a ball and we didn't hear one single arguement between the siblings. One thing that helped was oldest grandson bringing a friend. It helped aleviate the two against one sibling rivalry that usually occurs when there is just three of them.When all the swimming began to turn the boys into prunes they took a break and spent some time in the arcade.I had no idea that playing video games in the arcade could net you such nifty prizes. Here is what you can get for only twenty dollars apiece.A fake camera that squirts water at unsuspecting people posed for a photo opp. Samuri swords and google glassesAnd finally a giant pixie stix and a pair of handcuffs and a second pair of google glasses. He looks a little too excited wearing those handcuffs if you ask me. When all the spending money kaput, the twins tried their hand at rock climbing.And after all that work they decided to relax in the outdoor hot tub.I on the other hand, enjoyed spending most of my time leisurly floating around in the indoor/outdoor pool. The pool water temp was 90 degrees and the outside temperature was only around 40 degrees with a pretty stiff breeze blowing. I'm glad I don't have to pay the energy bill!If you look in the background you can see the ski slopes. It was so neat swimming outside while watching skiiers ski down the mountain. Here is the whole crew posing for a quick pic. before heading outdoors to swim. I love this picture. Click on it and look at the guy in the back horning in on the picture. I didn't even realize he was in the picture until I downloaded into the computer and saw him making the hand gesture and sticking out his tongue. And finally my son became addicted to the Rip Zone surf simulator. He was determined to master the beast before he left. Well, he didn't quite master it, but he did improve as the time wore on. Here is one of his final attempts.Cowabunga Dude. Surf's Up! allowFullScreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' width='320' height='266' src='' class='b-hbp-video b-uploaded' FRAMEBORDER='0' />[...]

A Dose of Reality


I can't believe I have been back home for over a week.That's the trouble when you take a break, there's so much catching up to do when you get back.My bags were packed to the max as you could see in a previous picture, amd when I checked in at the airport sure enough I was 2 pounds over.I was too frazzled to try and pluck out 2 lbs and try and transfer it to my carry on, so I just paid the $39 penalty.While in Florida the only purchase I made was a light weight gauzy material bathing suit cover up, but nevertheless, the day before I flew home -just to be on the safe side, I shipped home a 17 pound box to aleviate the chance of any overages.So you can imagine my surprise when I got to the airport and my bag was only 2 pounds under what it was on the way down.I have a feeling the airlines have a little scam going.It was great being with JD again. It always amazes me how we can pick right back up where we left off without missing a beat. Here we are dining alfresco at Alexanders, one of our favorites.The beach was crowded when I walked on Sunday. I didn't have time to walk too long because I forgot to get change for the parking meter the day before, and since my new Sabbath rest observance prohibited me from stopping at the store for change, I only had enough quarters to walk about an hour. I almost caved, but decided not to. I did spot a vending machine and I was going to buy a bottle of water just so I could get the change but unfortunately it must have been having a day of rest too because it kept spitting my five dollar bill back at me. Here is one of the less populated spots.I found lots of interesting things washed up on the beach. I like the way the pictures turned out bcause it almost looks as though they are taken under water.The birds are always interesting to watch. And on my walk around the grounds of the condo I found a little creature sunning himself.This is the bridge between the condo and the pool.This is the view from my lanai. On the other side of the berm is a waterfall.My final walk on the beach was much more peaceful. What a way to commune with God.God, thanks for the blessing of this trip. My soul feels refreshed.[...]

Red Envelope Day


Red Envelope DayI must say I was disheartened when I logged on to my aol account this morning and the first thing I saw was news that President Obama is ready to overturn President Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research.Oh I am trying to respect this President. I really am. I refuse to be like the Democrats in the last two elections that never gave President Bush a chance. From day one they began twisting and turning his words, all because they felt that their man had been cheated out of the Presidency.I'm tired of the office of the President of the United States not being respected. I want to respect my President and I will, but I will let my voice be heard that I do not respect all of his decisions.I wanted to vote for Obama. I love the idea that millions of black people for the first time in their life feel that their voice is being heard. What a beautiful sound that should be to our ears. Yes I wanted to vote for Obama for that reason but I couldn't vote for him because he turns a deaf ear on the cries of the unborn.For the life of me I can't understand how a man who claims to be a practicing Christian can not hear the unborn babies crying out to be heard. He comes from a race of people that were once thought of as less than human. How can he now be turning a deaf ear on a staggering number of tiny people who are asking to be given the same chance at the fullness of life as his people.I know that embryonic research and abortion are not the same, but they both disrespect life. A fertilized egg is life. You can shake your head if you want but it doesn't make it so. If you are a Christian, a true Jesus Christ believing Christian you cannot possibly believe that a fertilized egg is not life. The bible tells us that God knew us before we were born. Psalm 139:14-16 says:I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,your eyes saw my unformed body.All the days ordained for me were written in your bookbefore one of them came to be.Even if that secret place where a child of God is made is called a petrie dish, it is still a child known by God. How God must weep that we don't all have the same respect for one of his most precious gifts. Today I'm asking you to join a campaign to let your voice be heard in Washington by joining in on Red Envelope Day March 31st. Here is the official info from's what you do.Get a red envelope. Kinko's have them or try going to the above web site to order.On the front, address it to:President Barack ObamaThe White House1600 Pennsylvania Ave NWWashington , D.C. 20500On the back, write the following message:This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion. It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.And finally mail the envelopes out March 31st, 2009. Put it in the mail, and send it. Please let your voice be heard.[...]

Putting My Wants Into Action


(image) It's going but it's not gone. So as the song says:

All my bags are packed Im ready to go ........

cause Im leavin on a jet plane

Dont know when Ill be back again.

Oh babe, I hate to go (NOT)

Actually my bags are semi packed because all this stuff plus the computer still has to fit in.


I'm in trouble.

I'm not sure how this trip will fit into my new Sabbath Day plans of not making anyone work for my wants, especially since I'll be in a serviced condo.

I guess I'll tell the maid she can have the day off.

Does anyone know how to say that in Spanish?

Warmth (I hope) palm trees and gulf coast beaches here I come!


Keeping Sabbath


For the last two days the first bible reading taken from the Old Testament, has been from the 58th chapter of Isaiah.This morning it gave me goosebumps as I read it, and I thought about all the prayers that are being lifted to God right now, because of the trouble our country is in.Isaiah 58 says: "Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people their rebellion and to the house of Jacob their sins.For day after day they seek me out; they seem eager to know my ways, as if they were a nation that does what is right and has not forsaken the commands of its God. They ask me for just decisions and seem eager for God to come near them. 'Why have we fasted,' they say, 'and you have not seen it? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you have not noticed?'"Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please and exploit all your workers. Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists.You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high. Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for a man to humble himself?Is it only for bowing one's head like a reed and for lying on sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the LORD ?"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the Lord's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words, then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spokenThis scripture humbled me.We are a nation of people, many of whom are eager to do whatever it takes to take God out of every aspect of our lives. And we wonder why we are a nation in deep trouble. God hasn't caused this, we've caused it ourselves.Today, I was struck by the part about the Sabbath. It's one of the things God seems to keep bringing me to, so I decided to post about it today.A few months ago I was doing a study with my friends on the book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World".I think it took us 4+ months to get through the study. Not because it was hard or boring but because we were all too busy to get together.We finally con[...]

A Case of the Wants


I'm tired of seeing the same old post when I come to my blog so I guess I better change it.

But unfortunately I can't think of anything new to say. My mind feels like mush lately.

I need warmth. I need palm trees. I need gulf coast beaches.


Okay so maybe I don't need them, but I want them.


Here's To My Guardian Angel


One of the least favorite purchases I've made in my life time would have to be my coffee table. It was with the furniture grouping when I picked out the sofa and chair and I really liked it in the big warehouse, but when they delivered it to my small duplex it became more of an annoyance.Keeping the glass free from dust and fingerprints with 3 boys is a job in itself. But what I really didn't like about it was that it just took up too much room.A few months ago I moved it accross the room and away from the sofa. There it served as a collect all (sort of like the picture below). But yesterday I moved the livingroom furniture and finally moved it back to its rightful place.When I closed the blinds last night I noticed that one of the panels was out of alignment and so I stood on the sofa to try and readjust it.Big mistake.As I stepped on the sofa, my foot went between the cushions, and as I tried to pull it out I lost my balance and started to fall backwards.It was almost like an out of body experience. I could feel myself falling and I knew I was going to land on the glass coffee table but it was as though I was falling in sloooooow motion. I braced myself for the impact as I waited for the sound of shattering glass. This picture was taken last year. Notice the amount of glass. There is about a 1/8 piece of wood that goes around the edges of the glass, a 3 inch base all around the table hold the heavy glass. There is nothing in the center holding the glass, only the 3 inch base. That is the part that I landed on. Its hard to believe that this big body of mine could have escaped landing in the middle of the glass but by a miracle it didI will say in retrospect that it honestly felt like something or someone had cushioned my fall. I don't even have a bruise. It was a little scarey getting up after the fall. I knew I was laying on the glass and I was a bit afraid to put my weight on it and try and sit up, so I just kind of slid off. Not a pretty picture with arms and legs flailing all over the place.After cleaning up the mess I realized I should have taken some pictures so I tried to recreate the scene before taking the remains out to the trash this morning.Here is the table without the glass.Here's the glass still in one piece but leaning against the wall.Here are the splintered legs. Look at the point on that one piece. It could have pierced me but it didn't.After the ordeal I sat down and had a glass of wine and toasted my guardian angel. I think he enjoyed the refreshment more than I did.[...]

Identifying with White Rabbit


Im Late, Im Late , for a very important date.
No time to say hello, goodbye,
Im late, Im late, Im late.
Thats what I feel like lately. It seems like I'm always rushing to get to the next thing on my list, or decide between two important things.
I have 2 books to finish reading and a paper to finish writing for my lay ministry training. I kept putting it on the back burner, but the sands of the hour glass are telling me times almost up.
I never took a philosophy class and both books I must read are philosophical. Not your curl up with a good book easy reading material. In fact they are both the kind of books I need a dictionary sitting beside me to read.
God, did you forget how intelectually challenged I am when you called me to do this?

Making Memories


This weekend the grands used the gift I gave them for Christmas.In the past I've purchased Christmas gifts that have been on their wish lists only to find out that they lost the gift, it had broken, or it had been left out in the elements and ruinedSo I decided a few years ago that the best presents I could buy them, wouldn't be things at all, but would be gifts that create a memory. A memory of spending time with Grandma. Things they can get up and talk about at my funeral. Hahahahahaha.I always trying to think up fun things we could do together that would make a lasting impression.One year their gift was to fly to Naples Florida in January with me. It was their first plane trip, and we had a ball. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive for 5 days by myself with 3 rambunctious boys, but we did just fine.Here they are checking out the crash landing pamphlet.At the PoolAt the beach And on a boat ride at the zoo. This year their Christmas gift was a trip to Traverse City, Michigan, where we would be staying at the Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Water Park.Our big weekend began Friday. We jumped in the van around 2:00p.m.. The car was packed with enough junk food to last a week, but with 3 growing boys I figured we would be lucky if it lasted until noon the following day. I had my new Tom Tom all set and it began barking the directions as I backed out of the driveway. Oh my, what a difference a few years makes. There was no alphabet sign game on the drive up, no game of twenty questions, nor were there any sing alongs that they used to adore. Instead they had their ipods hooked to their ear and they were playing games on their Nintendo DS's. Even Wendy was hooked up to a Harry Potter book she had downloaded. It was actually okay with me, because the roads once we passed Bay City were icy and slow going. I wouldn't have done very good concentrating on the alphabet game.During one of the rare conversations we did have, I pointed out a restaurant where RJ had taken me while we were still dating. Wendy asked me if I ever heard from RJ anymore. When I told her he was married and that I had discovered it by googling his name, she was appalled and replied: "Mom, You are such a stalker" And the two of us began a lively discussion on what constitutes internet stalking.We finally arrived at our destination after discovering I'd entered the wrong address in my Tom Tom.It was a great hotel, very kid friendly. The water park was a blast and the grands loved all the fun things to do. With all the stepping it took to get to the slides and with playing all the water games, my body was forced to call on muscles that have long been in hibernation. Man, I suck at water basketball, and I'm not much better at water volleyball, but the judges gave me a whopping 10 in hot tub sitting.When the grands weren't in the water, the hotel had a great mystery game for them to play, (providing you purchased a $15 magic wand.) I bought one wand for them to share. Big Mistake! I almost went nuts listening to them argue over whose turn it was to hold on to it. The idea of the game was to find clues by using the magic wand and following a treasure map leading you around the hotel. When you find all the clues, you can fight the dragon and try and win a prize. We, along with a zillion other kids, rode the elevators back and forth between four floors as we looked for clues. I gave up before they were finished and went back up to the room for a nap. Last night we had dinner in a[...]

Baby It's Cold Outside.


My dial down program is over. I only lasted 3 days before I began cranking the heat back up. But even though the thermostat is set higher I can't get warm today. The outside temp is so cold the furnace just doesn't seem to be able to make heat fast enough.This cold weather keeps reminding me of my real estate days and I thought I'd share this story.I was scheduled to do my very first Open House one Sunday afternoon. I was a real newbie, and I'd only just gotten my license. The day before the open house was to be held, our company received a fax asking us to be very vigilant. The previous week a man dressed in camouflage clothing had walked into an Open House being held at a vacant home and hosted by a women Realtor. The man supposedly stayed for a long time and walked around until all other customers had gone and the woman was all alone. He then beat and raped her. This took place in a different part of the state so I thought I was probably okay, however the home I was holding open, was vacant. Everyone told me I would be fine, but just in case, they said to be careful and if I had follow any single men into a room, I should stand in the doorway.It was a below zero day that Sunday and only 2 or three couples showed up, but just before it was time to go, a single guy walked in. No camo on, however, the guy was acting very weird. He didn't say much but kept slowly meandering around. Keep in mind these were the days when all we had was a bag phone to use in the car, and there was no phone in the house b/c it was vacant.I stood in the living room with my back practically plastered to the front door. Finally, the guy left and I calmed down.I happened to tell that story at a company meeting one day, and our office manager decided we needed a system in place for scary things like that. She decided that if we were ever in a situation were we felt uncomfortable, we should call the office and say " Hi this is Luanne, Hal Meade please."Hal Meade was code for Help ME.Years later I received a phone call from a man calling wanting someone to show him one of our listings right away. Since I was just getting off phone duty, I told him I would leave right away. It was another sub zero day and I was in a suit and high heels with no boots, and oh man, this house was way way out in the boondocks. Not only was it way out in the boondocks but the house was vacant, and the closest house was over a mile away. By now, thank goodness, I did have a regular cell phone.There was a red pick up truck with only one person sitting in it when I pulled into the driveway. Just as I started to turn off my engine the man stepped out of the cab of the truck and walked towards my van. The guy was decked out from head to toe in camouflage clothing!My heart started racing as he walked up. I rolled down my window and told him to go ahead and walk around the grounds because I had to make a quick call.I was so relieved to find out my phone worked way out there and I quickly dialed the office number. "Hi this is Luanne Hal Meade please."It was my friend Dick on the other end. Stop kidding around he told me.I told him the story and he replied with , "So whaddya want me to do about it."I guess he couldn't tell by the panic in my voice that I wanted at the very least some understanding of how frightened I was. Finally I sputtered, "Call my cell phone in 10 minutes and if I don't answer call the police and tell them where I am[...]

I Feel Blessed


Hooray! My Christmas tree and decorations are finally down, but I won't say how long it will take me to get things out to the garage and put away.Whoops, now as I'm sitting here blogging I'm looking around and I'm spotting a grouping of snowmen I forgot.Oh yes and a snowflake ornament that is hanging from my chandelier. But I'm sure they will all be in their proper place by Valentines Day.Saturday my blogging friend Janine at One Breath at a time sent me this Fabulous Blog Award. Thanks Janine I'm honored. Fabulous is exactly what I think of Janine's blog. As I read her blog I see the way she struggles to come to terms with a life that has been thrust upon her, and my heart feels her pain. Unfortunately, I feel it only too well. This award comes with some strings attached. I must pass it on, and I must list 5 things I am addicted to. I'm passing the award on to my much younger cousin Debby over at Pixies Ponderings. Not only do I love her Fabulous blog because it makes me laugh, but its also a way to stay connected to a past I don't want to ever forget.This award for Debby is actually two fold because she has two blogs. Her other blog Depuffing Pixie is her honest struggle to achieve a goal shes been striving towards for a long time. I share her struggle and she inspires me to get going.The rules say to pass the award on to 10 blogs but I'm stopping here. Some of my favs haven't posted for a while, and some Janine already awarded, and some don't like the strings attached to awards.Now as for my 5 addictions let me think which one's I'll admit to.First of all I'd have to say my biggest addiction would be spending time with my grandkids. I need a weekly fix or I go into withdrawal.The second addiction would have to be blogging since I spend way too much time surfing blogs.The thrid addiction is my Lay Ministry class. I am loving learning more about my faith and learning how I can serve God better and the class is bonding and we are starting to feel like a family.Fourth Addiction is definitely Naples, Florida. Some people experience God in a shack but for me its a beach in Naples.My final addiction is Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream. No explanation needed.There you have everything you didn't ever want to know.Pretty boring stuff eh? It's late I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Good Night.[...]