Subscribe: The Naked Truth
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade C rated
army  day  foot  forces  immediately  john paulus  john  paulus  ranger  school  selection process  selection  soldier  special forces  special 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: The Naked Truth

Biography of John Paulus

You can contact John Paulus at

Last Build Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:46:10 +0000


John Steven Paulus III Biography

Sat, 01 Sep 2012 07:00:00 +0000

May 20, 1987John Steven Paulus III was born September 09, 1967 in Bridgeport, Connecticut to European immigrants. At the age of 9, he and his family moved to Oxford, Connecticut where he resided until the age of 18.Shortly after graduating from Seymour High School, he enlisted and entered the Army on November 05, 1985. Immediately upon graduating from Basic Training and Advanced Infantry School, he volunteered for and completed Airborne School where upon he went through the Army's Ranger Indoctrination Program before being assigned to the elite, 3rd Battalion- 75th Ranger Regiment.Immediately recognized by his superiors for his superlative leadership, intestinal fortitude, and mental acumen, he was given a coveted Army Ranger School slot in advance of his contemporaries. Upon completing a punishing 3 week Pre-Ranger Course, he was assigned to Ranger Class 7-87.Throughout the grueling 58 day Ranger course, other course students relied on him for his tactical skills and his ability to motivate. He soon stood out to course instructors who were impressed by the young 19 year olds remarkable leadership skills and uncanny knowledge of infantry doctrine. During the 58 day course, he managed on less than 3 hours of sleep a day, often going consecutive days without sleep. Surviving on just 1 1/2 meals a day, he lost nearly 40 pounds and weighed 118 pounds at his graduation. For his physical and mental stamina, his leadership, tactical knowledge, having gained the respect of his peers and instructors, and far exceeding all course standards, he was recognized as an Honor Graduate of the world's toughest military school.Upon returning to his unit, he was immediately promoted to Specialist. Soon he was given a team leader position, followed by his own squad. He was often cited as soldier and non-commissioned officer of the month.Confident in his abilities, during the invasion of Panama, he became the youngest non-commissioned officer to be a senior jumpmaster of a combat airborne jump. During combat operations he continued to demonstrate bold courage when he bravely pulled a wounded soldier from danger and immediately performed first aid, likely saving the soldier from bleeding to death. He and another ranger recognized the severity of the wounded soldier and under sporadic enemy gunfire, carried him to a medivac location.At the age of 7, while his father spoke to him about the Special Forces, he made a promise to one day bring him the coveted Green Beret. In keeping with that promise, in 1990 he submitted paperwork for the Special Forces selection course.In August of 1990, he attended the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in hopes of being chosen to attend the Special Forces Qualification Course. Two days before the end of the rigorous selection process, where nearly 40% of students either quit or aren't selected, his dreams were nearly crushed when more than 400 pounds were dropped on his foot, breaking it. Undeterred, he asked the Army physician to wrap it and requested some pain medication.The next morning, as part of the final phase of the selection process, he was required to complete a 28 mile road march with a 70 pound rucksack, 20 pound utility belt, and an 8 pound weapon. While attempting to keep the weight off his broken foot, he fractured his other foot just 2 miles into the march. Remarkably, and in keeping with his "never quit" attitude, he completed the march with 28 minutes to spare. The next day, with crutches, a cast on one foot, and a "fracture shoe" on the other, he walked across the stage and accepted his selection papers to applause.During the Special Forces Course he once again demonstrated superlative skills, professionalism, and superior performance and as result, he was selected as an Honor Graduate. He fulfilled his promise to his father that he made 17 years earlier and immediately gave him the Green Beret he earned after the graduation ceremony.Upon graduating from the elite Special Forces Course, he was assigned to the Army Language school where he studied Russian 5 days a week, 6 hours a da[...]