Subscribe: KUSA-TV -
http://www.gannett-tv.com/tools/rss/?sid=kusa&num=10&cid=173
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
Tags:
bill  bills  colorado  costs  denver—today  fewer  governor vetoes  governor  house  medicaid  passed  senate bill  senate  senator 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: KUSA-TV -

KUSA-TV -



Denver, CO



 



GOVERNOR VETOES GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY

Wed, 31 May 2006 14:26:11 GMT

DENVER—Today the Governor vetoed Senate Bill 64, a measure to reform state contracting procedures.  Senator Peter Groff (D-Denver), the sponsor of the bill made the following statement:



BAD DAY FOR COLORADO EDUCATION: GOVERNOR VETOES CRUCIAL BILLS

Wed, 31 May 2006 14:25:13 GMT

DENVER—Today, within the 18 bills that Governor Owens vetoed were three crucial Colorado education measures which would have gone a long way to improve schools, safety, as well as, strengthen Higher Education. All three bills, Senate Bill 65, 69 and 209, were sponsored by Senator Sue Windels (D-Arvada).



GOVERNOR VETOES PRESCRIPTION DRUG SAVINGS

Wed, 31 May 2006 14:22:45 GMT

DENVER—Today the Governor vetoed Senate Bill 1, a measure that was to create the Colorado Cares Rx Program to save thousands of Coloradans money on their prescription drugs.  



LOWERING THE COST OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

Wed, 24 May 2006 14:37:29 GMT

DENVER—Senate Bill 1, sponsored by Senator Bob Hagedorn (D-Aurora) and House Majority Leader Alice Madden (D-Boulder), first passed the Senate in April on a vote of 25 to 10. The bill passed the House yesterday on a vote of 64 to 1. The measure was re-approved by the Senate yesterday on a vote of 32 to 2.



HEALTHIER COLORADO CITIES! “HEALTHY CITY ACT” BECOMES LAW

Wed, 24 May 2006 14:35:59 GMT

DENVER—It is estimated that only 65% of a doctor’s or a hospital’s actual costs are covered under Medicaid, therefore, fewer and fewer doctors and hospitals are taking Medicaid patients. The other 35% of the costs are then shifted to other paying customers.



HEALTHIER COLORADO CITIES! “HEALTHY CITY ACT” BECOMES LAW

Mon, 22 May 2006 05:18:11 GMT

DENVER—It is estimated that only 65% of a doctor’s or a hospital’s actual costs are covered under Medicaid, therefore, fewer and fewer doctors and hospitals are taking Medicaid patients. The other 35% of the costs are then shifted to other paying customers.



RED-LIGHT!! GREEN-LIGHT!! TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE BILL GETS THE GREEN LIGHT

Mon, 22 May 2006 04:59:31 GMT

DENVER—Drivers in Colorado are using electronic devices to change traffic lights to green upon their approach to decrease their travel time.  



TOCHTROP PROTECTS LANDOWNERS’ RIGHTS

Mon, 22 May 2006 04:55:11 GMT

DENVER—There is a growing concern in Colorado’s public which deals with the economic taking of landowners’ rights and private property. Senator Lois Tochtrop (D-Adams County) has presented a solution to this issue by sponsoring House Bill 1411.



SENATE ADVANCES DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP BILL

Mon, 22 May 2006 04:53:13 GMT

DENVER—Today a bill was moved to guide Colorado in the right direction towards fairness and equality. House Bill 1344 passed on the Senate floor.



THREE UP AND THREE ON

Mon, 22 May 2006 04:48:20 GMT

DENVER—It was a triple today for Senator Ron Tupa (D-Boulder) as he passed three of his sponsored bills on the floor of the Senate.