Last Build Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:24:26 -0000
Thu, 25 May 2006 11:24:26 -0000
For the struts web tier templates an upgrade to displaytag 1.1 has been implemented, including pdf export.
Improved feedback is available through the colored console logger, where template errors will show up in red.
Sun, 07 May 2006 11:29:11 -0000
JAG 6.0.1 fixes some bugs and improves some usability aspacts of the GUI. The following changes have been made:
- Bugfix: related enties had to be in the same service
- upgraded xmlbeans to 2.1.0.
- Menu entry added with list of recent projects.
- Remember the last selected output dir after restarting the gui.
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:54:51 -0000
JAG 6.0 adds support for a new java5 based template.
The template makes extensive use use of java5 annotations and generics.
Among the new features are:
- Upgraded mysql driver to 3.1.12
- upgraded to Tapestry 4.0.1
- Added the Tacos Tapestry library to the distribution.
- Support for sorting in Tapestry application.
- Support for adding entities in offline mode.
- Upgrade to Hibernate 3.1.2, XFire 1.0 and Acegi security 1.0 RC2.
- Tapestry composite key support and switchable drop/text field for dropdown lists.
- Multiple templates are available in the selection list, if they are in the same directory.
- Adding a field to an entity is now supported in the GUI.
- Jasper reports for generating pdf lists, Pie Chart and Bar Chart.
- Bug fixes for deployment and xdoclet jar
- Introduces new templates tree: java5_2_tier. This template tree is based on web applications
without a strict tier separation and will generated a project structure that can be used easily
in a IDE to create a web application.
The current template tree has been refactored to use java5 annotations, generics.
- Added search capabilities to the struts templates so specific fields can be searched.
Wildcard search is also supported by using a % in the query.
- Upgraded libraries: spring 1.2.5 and postgresql jdbc driver.
- Generate a Intellij 5 project file for a web application.
- Support for the XFire SOAP framework (based on STAX) (http://xfire.codehaus.org).
- Added support for Acegi security login.
- Added JSTL taglibs.
- Rome RSS feed support.
- Many2Many relations support using an association entity.
- Tapestry 4 support.
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:48:29 -0000
The JAG 5.0 release adds support for Spring, introduces support for java 5 and improved support for testing the generated applications.
Spring support can be enabled to select spring as service tier in the JAG gui.
With Java 5 enabled, Hibernate 3 annotations, Spring declerative @Transaction and Generics are supported.
Finally testing has been improved by generating Transaction JUnit tests for Spring, creating JMeter scripts and adding Emma code coverage support.
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:39:43 -0000
JAG 5.0 RC1 adds support for the Spring framework as service layer for struts/hibernate.
For Hibernate 3 annotation support is added and long hibernate sessions are used to allow lazy loading.
Spring @Transaction annotations are supported if java5 is enabled.
Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:33:09 -0000
Hibernate 3 with xdoclet support
JAG 4.2 adds support for Hibernate 3 using Xdoclet tags. Since xdoclet currently doesn't have support for Hibernate 3,
Ant postprocessing is used to fix the generated mapping files.
Another big enhancement to JAG is support for Business methods.
You can model business methods in the JAG gui by adding methods to the Sessions or add them in the UML model.
The business methods will appear as service interfaces and stub implementations will be
generated for the selecte business tier.
If webservices are enabled in the JAG gui, the business methods will be exposed using Apache Axis.
To install the webservices, run "ant axis.wsdl2java" which will first generate a WSDL from the business methods,
and convert them to java stubs. After deployment, the webservice can be installed using the
"ant axis.admin" target. The webservice can be tested using "ant test".
To ensure platform indepence of the deployed webservice, also a dotnet test client can be used.
Use "ant dotnet" to build and run a dotnet client for the deployed axis webservice.
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:49:05 -0000
JAG 4.1.2 is a bug fix release for Linux. Some directories weren't created correctly during code generation.
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:04:52 -0000
This release of JAG adds support for the EJB3 Early Draft 2, Hibernate for Tomcat 5 and upgrade to Struts 1.2.4
The EJB3 Early Draft 2 specifications are supported using the JBoss 4 EJB3 preview release 4.
Also Hibernate support for Tomcat 5 has been added.
The web tier has been upgraded to use struts 1.2.4 with improved i18n support.
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:15:04 -0000
JAG 4.0 has a pluggable business/persistence layer and adds support for EJB3 and Hibernate 2.1 in this release.
EJB3 is supported for the JBoss4.0 application server with EJB3.0 Preview Release 2.
Since JAG also supports EJB2 using xdoclet, it's great to see how all xdoclet markup is obsolete for the EJB3 release now!
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:56:39 -0000
JAG 3.4.1 is a bugfix release with support for mysql. The following changes have been made in this release:
1. Support for relations with different column names.
2. The generated JUnit tests are now run agains the service locator, and not against the session EJBs.
3. The initSearchActions in the weblayer decorate the list results with Data objects
to add presentation specific methods.
4. commons logging configured for the jag gui.
5. support for mysql 4.1 using updated jdbc driver.