Subscribe: Project News: Mormon Documentation Project
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
books  bugs  export  formats  lds org  lds scriptures  lds  mysql  nephi org  nephi  new  num  org  release  scriptures  volumes books 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Project News: Mormon Documentation Project

Recent changes to news

Recent changes to news

Last Build Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:02:17 -0000


New Development Site

Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:02:17 -0000

I've setup a development site to track progress of the various projects on

It's at

lds-scriptures v2.4.0 final releases

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:57:29 -0000

The latest version of lds-scriptures (a bugfix and features realease) is available now for all formats, including a new export for SQLite v3.

lds-scriptures v2.4.0 available

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:19:59 -0000

The MySQL export of lds-scripures v2.4.0 is now available, with other export formats coming shortly. This release fixes a few bugs found in the old documentation, and adds a few new features.

The volumes and books tables now have fields for num_chapters, num_books and num_verses. There is also a new field lds_org which stores the values of the Church's naming scheme for the volumes and books on their website at

lds-scriptures v2.3.0 available

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 12:34:15 -0000

I just finished uploading the MySQL version of the new lds-scriptures release, v2.3.0. It's both a bugfix and feature release over the previous version. See CHANGELOG for details.

Some of the best things in this new package are a standardized naming scheme and some basic documentation.

Packages are online right now for SQLite, Postgres and MySQL. I'll be adding Access as soon as I get a chance, but I'm reserving the other export formats (XML, Tex and CSV) until I figure out how they can be most useful. I'm already working on a Docbook format, and after that, an updated Sword module.

A lot of bugs have been found and eliminated (including inserting 62 missing scriptures from the NT), and the table layouts made a little less confusing.

I'm most excited about the standardization (based on the Church's indexing, see DOCS for more info) which solves the problems of how the volumes, books, chapters and verses should be referenced.

Thanks to everyone who helped test and report bugs!

As always, I hope this package helps out. If there's something you'd like to see added removed or fixed, please let me know.

Here's some links:

download files:


new website (in progress):