Last Build Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:58:20 -0000
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:58:20 -0000
Eventually JAud will be a Multimedia application with the following capabilities :
1) Play mp3, wav, ogg and cds.
2) Record audio from a microphone and record and playback multiple tracks - essentially I am creating a 4 track with an infinite number of tracks (an n track if you will).
3) Ripping mp3/ogg from audio cd - JAud will be a Wrapper for LAME.
4) LAN Broadcast - Setup a port on your machine for others to listen to what you are listening to. JAud will also be able to scan you LAN to find people running such LAN Broadcasts.
This is the current set of features which will be in the final version of the product. Currently JAud does the following :
1) Plays mp3, wav and audio cds
As you can see, the features for V1.0 are minimal, I am following the sourceforge policy of release early, release often.There are no known bugs in this release, however there are a number of Known issues.
1) No Volume or Pan control when playing cds.
2) CDDB support has not yet been integrated.
3) Items in the playlist cannot be reordered.
4) The player and playlist do not pop-up together if hidden behind another window.
These issues along with any bugs found will be resolved in the 0.9 BETA release.
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:45:15 -0000
The JAud development have signed up an account on sourceforge and the source of JAud will be uploaded asap. i.e. next time I get a to a computer!