Last Build Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:41:48 -0000
Tue, 19 May 2009 09:41:48 -0000
Bugfixes for loading images and temporarly storing/retrieving data when using MPI-paralellized gpiv. Some improvements in the configure.in.
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:57:31 -0000
The software has been parallellized for memory-shared CPU systems, using OMP and memory-distributed CPU systems (Beowulf clusters) using MPI.
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:04:37 -0000
Libgpiv has undergone a Kafka revision: simplification, reduction and a more uniform library interface (API). In the hope that it will be easier to learn Libgpiv for developing your own applications and for wrapping the library to other languages. The changes include:
* New structure for images. Structures for PIV data and scalar data have been improved and extended.
* Many functions have been revised and some memory leaks have been disabled.
* The fftw3 library is used now for performing FT operations.
* Documentation of the API, generated with Doxygen, is included in the package and can also be found on this site.
* Of course, Gpivtools and Gpiv have been adapted to the new Libgpiv API.
Thanks to the API revision a new project has been launched: PyGpiv which is a Python module that allows the functionality of Libgpiv in Python scripts.
The Gpiv program now includes the Gnome Virtual File System (GVFS): images and data may be retrieved or stored from / to an URI. This allows to load data directly from a (ftp. ssh, ...) server or by drag and drop of the Gnome Filemanager (Nautilus), that is connected to such a server.
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:41:43 -0000
Additional to raw binary (.r/.h) and hdf (.gpi) (gray) image formats, added support for png, tif, gif, pgm and bmp. Removed settings for image dimensions allows to load images of arbitrary dimensions during a single session. Improved buffer display: added menubar, rulers, zooming / paning with scrollbutton and pointer, anti-aliased canvas.
Added automatic stretching of buffer display.
Apply broadcast display preferences to all buffers.
Monitor in piv tab with non-interlaced canvas
Added Gauss weighting on interrogation area
Added Symmetric Phase Only Filtering on correlation function.
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:54:29 -0000
After almost one year a new release of the Gpiv c.s. project has been issued. The main changes in the software are:
- Advanced interrogation technique by applying image deformation. This reduces drasticly peaklocking effects resulting into higher spatial resolution and accuracy.
- Cumulative residus (representing the sum of differences between PIV estimators of the current and the previous iteration) used as convergence criterium for iterative interrogation procedures.
- PIV data validation after each iteration step.
- Normalized (local median) residus can be used as a universal outlier detection in a PIV estimation for (heterogeneous) turbulent flows
This revision with the modifications mentioned below has been distributed on a Linux live CD (based on Morphix, Knoppix and GNU/Debian) during the 6th Int. Symp. on Particle Image Velocimetry, Sept 2005, Caltech, Pasadena, USA and has been applied during the PIV Challenge 05 project.
- The adaptive grid system uses bilinear interpolation with shifted knots to increase accuracy of intermediate results . This results into improved estimators at the new, refined, sub-grid and, therefore, into stability of the iteration procedure.
- The interface has been ported to the Gnome2 libraries. The porting has not been finished, yet. This may involve that some functionality has temporarly been lost.
- Several optimizations and internal improvements.
Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:52:40 -0000
* The software has been extended with Data Acquision (DAC), i.e. the triggering of lasers with a camera and the recording of PIV images from an experiment.
# Adaptive grid if zero offsetting and adapative dimensions of the Interrogation Area's (I.A) has been improved by (bi-) linear interpolation of the estimators from a previous interrogation at a courser grid..