Last Build Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:38:22 -0000
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:38:22 -0000
Well, those few weeks turned into 8 months without any new public release or CVS updates. My current plans for are:
* migrate to gtk 2.4. Since pygtk 2.4 is still under development, this will probably move slowly. But it offers
too many features (like TreeModelFilter and combo boxes that can use TreeModels) not to use.
* migrate to SQLObject. This just offers too much convenience, including access to many different db engines, to not use any more, despite being slower. A big benefit is sqlite support, making running a server process unnecessary.
* I may just make it a GNOME app. This will make it less portable, but I'm not that interested in porting to win32.
* I'm also find myself being seduced by Cocoa. The entire design is much more OO, polished, and elegant, and much better documented. Not cross-platform, of course.
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:26:04 -0000
I'm doing a major rehaul of the whole treestore infrastructure using a custom treemodel implemention. This greatly simplifies the rather ugly code in the current treestore code, but there won't be much work on new features for a few weeks.
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:00:18 -0000
There was a slight but fatal problem with the dump file that is fixed in this release.
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:08:21 -0000
* Tons of bugfixes and a more "correct" and robust method of keeping track
of input changes.
* Cut, copy & paste of rows (using shift-ctrl-x, c and v respectively). Cut
& paste (ctrl-x, ctrl-c, ctrl-v) in treeview entries now works correctly.
* If there are duplications or other problems with rows, the interface will
walk through and highlight each offending row.
* Multiple rows can be selected from the popup lists. You can select all
the works that are on the disc at once and hit enter.
* Your last settings for window sizes and column widths are remembered.
* Open dialog that allows you to choose a remote database, username, password,
* A preliminary Tools menu with items for vacuuming and dumping the database.
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:27:14 -0000
The release removes the GNOME dependency so that just gtk+ and pygtk are needed for the GUI. Also numerous enhancements to the user interface and various bugfixes.
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:04:08 -0000
This release adds a load/refresh button to each tab for each view. Also fixes some dumb schema bugs.
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:02:39 -0000
This release fixes the dumb bug in 0.01 that prevented added discs and some other bugs that effected the recording info popup.
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:14:53 -0000
There's a very dumb bug in this initial release that prevents entry of new discs. I'll put up a new tarball as soon as the old one has expired from the incoming ftp directory. Should be fixed in CVS.
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:23:21 -0000
This is an alpha release so we can get feedback on the design of the user interface and database schema. There is still a long way to go to create a useable production app.