Last Build Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:49:57 -0000
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:49:57 -0000
Viking 1.5 (2013-10-13)
New features since 1.4.2
Fixes since 1.4.2
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:05:04 -0000
Version 1.4.1 was released on 2013.04.08
Bug fixes to release 1.4
Executive Summary of Changes in 1.4:
Support for GPX Route type including transfer to/from GPS Devices.
Add ability to Acquire My OSM Traces and ability to choose any subset of the available traces.
GPS Upload from a track.
Better Track colour options.
More TrackWaypoint layer options: draw direction arrows, arrow size, trackpoint size, waypoint text size
Display Waypoint Icons in the layers panel treeview.
Restored Route Finding via Google Services. [Was disabled in 1.3.2 due to change in formats supported]
Display map tile source and cached file information in a dialog for a position.
Quick zoom level change from the statusbar by clicking on the zoom level to select another level.
In the Zoom Tool mode: can select an area to zoom in on (via holding shift key + drag mouse).
Mouse Zooming in/out maintains the position focus on the mouse pointer location.
(Use the keys Ctrl+Shift and mouse zoom to maintain the centered map location).
Add support of a Map type for a local On Disk OSM Tile Format.
Allow generation of large pixel sized images.
Source code and a Windows installer version available.
Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:05:09 -0000
A new source code release 1.3 has been made.
A summary of changes:
* New map default: OSM MapQuest.
* OSM Transport map is a map option.
* Geotagging support
* Better JOSM integration (export layer info or open at current position)
* Better GPSBabel integration (all supported devices and import any file types)
* New options for External/Export operations
* Support latest GPSD APIv5
* Miscellaneous bug fixes, improvements, language translations.
Look forward to binary versions for GNU/Linux Distributions, Windows & Macs to be made soon.
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:51:09 -0000
A bug fix release for 1.2:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:28:29 -0000
Version 1.0 is the result of 7 years of work of a large team.
For this release, lot of work was done to obtain a version as stable as
possible. This special version will be supported for some time.
If you need a specific fix, we can provide a 1.0.z release.
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:29:17 -0000
Mathieu Albinet released some binary packages for the versions 0.9.9, 0.9.91 and 0.9.92.
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:27:00 -0000
A new development release to prepare the 1.0.
New features since 0.9.91:
* Memorize previously selected go-to service.
* Better scale when zoomed close in and in miles distance mode.
* Add and use preference for height units.
* Add and use preference for speed units.
* Add and use preference for distance units.
* Use a preference to set the tiles age.
* New preference for default maplayer cache.
* Improve DEM-Layer.
* Remove OpenAerial support.
Fixes since 0.9.91:
* Fix: Correctly rotate thumbnail images
* Fix #2958601: Support for non ascii characters in "Go-to" search
* Fix error handling in go-to feature
* Updated English (United Kingdom) (en_GB) translation by issyl0
* Updated Italian (it) translation by GP Frello
* Updated German (de) translation by Fabian Affolter
* Updated Russian (ru) translation by Auduf
* David Rasmus Piegdon
* Gerhard Killesreiter
* Guilhem Bonnefille
* Jocelyn Jaubert
* Rob Norris
Thank you all!
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:11:01 -0000
The viking's history is now hosted on the Git service provided by SourceForge:
Note that this repo is not *directly* compatible with any other Git repo maintained with git-svn. I'm really sorry for that, but any contributor using Git to work on dedicated branches will have some work to rebase its work on this new repo. Feel free to share, on this list, your tips for such work.
The reason of this rewriten history is the wish to expose *real* authors of many commits. In french, I would say "Rendre à César ce qui est à César".
Sun, 08 Feb 2009 17:44:09 -0000
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 04:25:05 -0000
Windows binaries are now available on sourceforge:
As usual, they come in two flavours:
- minimal : without the GTK runtime, without an installer
- full : with the GTK runtime 2.12.8 included, with a NSIS installer
They include all the improvements and bug fixes from the generic 0.9.7
release but also a specific Windows bug is corrected that prevented to
download DEM files from the NASA ftp.