Last Build Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:34:14 -0000
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:34:14 -0000
I've worked hard on Hack ! It's able now to handle very large files (64 bit) and copy/cut/paste instantly. A data viewer has been added and disassembly works well.
I think I'll be able to release another version in the next weeks.
Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:37:15 -0000
Hack is a Win32 Hex editor (Yes ! another one :) ) with REXX script capabilities
Developped under WinXP with LCC-Win32 (only C), expected to work under Win32 platforms (No plan for a port under Unices)
It Uses REXXTrans to implement REXX Scripting capabilities (tested with Regina, Object REXX and WRexx).
At the beginning, it was meant helping me understanding Win32 API programming in C, therefore source code may be helpful as everything is written by hand (MDI, OLE drop, file reading/writing, new window classes definition, REXX interfacing...)
Basic keys/goals are :
- Small executable size (thanks to LCC-Win32)
- No additional DLL (except Regina.dll)
- Integration of RexxTrans (no RexxTrans.dll needed)
- REXX interfacing (allows access to loaded files and add some functions)
- Seamless integration of REXX script (so the user can model the editor for its particular needs)
- REXX Windowing
- Use of Win32 API whenever applicable
- Multiple file loading (MDI interface)
- Multiple view of the same file (Hex, ASCII, X86 disassembly...)
- Integration of Nasm (means you can assemble/disassemble X86 code)
- Smooth GUI (no flickering, use of off-screen DC)
- Dynamic updates of each window
- Public domain
Hack own source code is public domain but I included other different source codes that are under different OSI license