Last Build Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:23:51 -0000
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:23:51 -0000
The JODI anti-fraud specification is now being circulated. JODI describes a complete package of legal, hardware, software, and processes that -- in combination -- promise to dramatically reduce the incidence of identity theft and fraud at the retail point-of-sale.
Early reviews by key stakeholders (privacy advocates and law enforcement) have been positive, though much work remains to be done.
Parnters sought include:
- Privacy and Consumer Rights Advocates
- Cryptography and Security Experts
- Legislators, Prosecutors, and Law Enforcement
- Systems Integrators and POS Systems Makers
- US-Based Retail Chains
- Banking and Insurance Institutions
- Credit Card Firms
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 05:32:11 -0000
Let the record show that, on this day, the JODI project was approved by SourceForge. The first file, a PDF describing the project and its goals, was uploaded.