Great Web Design with CSS: Cascading Style Sheets For Newbies And Strugglers (01/09/07)
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:37:31 -0500
South Jersey Regional Library Cooperative presents
Great Web Design with CSS:
Cascading Style Sheets For Newbies And Strugglers
Led by Bud Kraus, creator of "Joy of Code"
Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 9:00 - 4:00
CAMDEN C0UNTY LIBRARY, 3rd Floor,TTC
203 Laurel Road, Voorhees, NJ
Do you want more control over the look and feel of your site?
Do you want to give your site a consistent design that's easily modifiable?
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) gives you the power to control your webpages' style separate from their structure.
Get an overview of what Cascading Style Sheets are and how they can be used effectively to provide the aesthetic requirements for a web site.
In this workshop students will:
- see why writing good xhtml/html files is critical to working with CSS
- get an overview of how style sheets cascade in a web browser
- learn how to work with the Designer Style Sheet
- learn what CSS selectors, properties and values are
- See examples of how working with CSS affect the look of web pages.
- Work with an html file, and learn, step by step, how to use CSS typography and layout
This workshop is for those who have heard of CSS but have yet to master its power. It also serves to remove the obstacles many have found frustrating working with CSS. It gives everyone a solid overview of how it works and a very practical exercise in applying CSS to a web page, a satisfying experience felt by almost all web designers, developers and authors.
A working knowledge of HTML and some experience with web page design.
-- Earn 6 Professional Development Hour for attending this program ---
Registration Form: http://www.sjrlc.org/spice/2006_12/css.pdf