Subscribe: How Do I Tips
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
>maine gov  age  complete  driver  education  find  gov portal  gov  license  maine gov  maine  page  portal  state  years age  years 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: How Do I Tips How Do I Tips

Answers to frequently asked "How Do I..?" questions related to Maine state government.

Copyright: Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.

How do I find out about Maine's state symbols?

Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:02:19 EDT

Visit our Maine">">Maine Facts page for a list of the state symbols, motto, song, and seal.

How do I find the population of a specific town?

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:26:50 EDT

Use our Local">">Local Government portal to look up the town. Each town page includes a variety of facts and information, including the town population. You may also be interested in our">"> Statistics page.

How do I learn about Maine history?

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:34:18 EDT

See our">"> History page. You may also want to contact a local historical society using our directory">">directory of historical societies.

How do I find maps of Maine?

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:23:34 EDT

See our">"> Maps page for a variety of map resources. You may request a free travel planner from the Maine Office of Tourism at .

How do I find my local public library?

Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:03:43 EDT

View a list of public libraries, or conduct a search for a public library near you at .

How do I find out about public schools?

Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:10:34 EDT

Public school profiles are available online from the Department of Education. Visit individual school and district websites at .

How do I find information for a school report?

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:34:55 EDT

Start with our">"> Homework Help page. Then check out the Facts">">Facts & History section for Maine facts, historical societies, history links, maps, statistics, weather, wildlife and plant life information.

How do I find the Maine Constitution?

Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:40:02 EST

The Maine constitution is available online at

How do I obtain a non-driver state ID card?

Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:00:36 EST

Any Maine resident may apply for an official state non-driver identification card. State ID cards are issued at all motor vehicle branch offices and mobile unit sites. The fee is $5.00. Bring two forms of identification -- one must indicate your date of birth and the other must bear your written signature. BMV Branch Office Locations -

How do I obtain my first driver's license?

Wed, 10 May 2006 16:12:44 EDT

To obtain a driver's license you must successfully complete a driver knowledge examination and vision screening. You must be at least 16 years of age and have completed an approved driver education course. If you are 18 years of age or older you are not required to complete driver education. You must successfully complete a road test. If you are under 21 years of age, you are required to complete 35 hours of practice driving, which must include five hours of night driving, and have held your instruction permit for at least six months. For detailed information, visit the BMV website at .

Note: The first license issued to a new applicant under 21 years of age is provisional for a period of two years. In addition, if you were issued a license on or after August 11, 2000 and are less than 18 years of age, you are prohibited from carrying passengers other than immediate family members for a period of 90 days, unless you are accompanied by another licensed driver who is at least 20 years of age and has held a valid license for the past two years. If you are at least 21 years of age, your first license will be provisional for a period of one year. If a person is convicted of a moving violation that occurred while operating with a provisional license, the license will be suspended for 60 days. Second and third offenses involve more severe penalties.

The Class C and motorcycle license/permit examination costs $10 and a Photo License (six-year license) is $30.00.

Am I required to take a driving school class before I can apply for a driver's license?

If you are 18 years of age or older you are not required to complete driver education, but you must successfully complete a road test.

What do I do if I fail either the written or driving part of the test?

You can retake the exams. Should you fail either the written or road test you will be instructed at that time on how to proceed with applying for a retest.