Subscribe: lkml.org
http://lkml.org/rss.php
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
Tags:
chip  device  drivers  git  int  kernel  net dsa  net  patch  port  static  struct  summary  writes summary  writes  xxx 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: lkml.org

lkml.org



lkml.org - the realtime linux kernel mailinglist archive



Last Build Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 02:40:58 +0200

 



Re: [PATCH] drm/vc4: Allocate the right amount of space for boot-t ...
Eric Anholt writes: Daniel Vetter writes:
Daniel Vetter writes:
Reviewed-by: Daniel Vetter Thanks, pushed do drm-misc-next today.
Thanks, pushed do drm-misc-next today.
[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]



Re: [PATCH v6 4/5] i2c: aspeed: added driver for Aspeed I2C
Joel Stanley writes: (Summary) I've got a bunch of nits below, and one bigger question about weather we need internal locking in the driver, or if we can rely on the i2c core for our locks.
core for our locks.
+ tristate "Aspeed AST2xxx SoC I2C Controller" Aspeed I2C Controller
Aspeed I2C Controller
+ Aspeed AST2xxx SoC I2C controller.
And again.
And again.
depends on ARCH_AT91
+++ b/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-aspeed.c
+static void do_start(struct aspeed_i2c_bus *bus)
aspeed_i2c_do_start
aspeed_i2c_do_start
+static void do_stop(struct aspeed_i2c_bus *bus)
aspeed_i2c_do_stop
aspeed_i2c_do_stop
+}
+ dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to devm_ioremap_resource\n");



[PATCH v4 2/2] drm/pl111: Initial drm/kms driver for pl111
Eric Anholt writes: (Summary) DRIVER_ATOMIC, + .lastclose = pl111_lastclose, + .ioctls = NULL, + .fops = &drm_fops, + .name = "pl111", + .desc = DRIVER_DESC, + .date = "20170317", + .major = 1, + .minor = 0, + .patchlevel = 0, + .dumb_create = drm_gem_cma_dumb_create, + .dumb_destroy = drm_gem_dumb_destroy, + .dumb_map_offset = drm_gem_cma_dumb_map_offset, + .gem_free_object = drm_gem_cma_free_object, + .gem_vm_ops = &drm_gem_cma_vm_ops, + + .enable_vblank = pl111_enable_vblank, + .disable_vblank = pl111_disable_vblank, + + .prime_handle_to_fd = drm_gem_prime_handle_to_fd, + .prime_fd_to_handle = drm_gem_prime_fd_to_handle, + .gem_prime_import = drm_gem_prime_import, + .gem_prime_import_sg_table = drm_gem_cma_prime_import_sg_table, + .gem_prime_export = drm_gem_prime_export, + .gem_prime_get_sg_table = drm_gem_cma_prime_get_sg_table, +};



[PATCH v4 1/2] video: ARM CLCD: Move registers to a separate header.
Eric Anholt writes: (Summary) + */ + +/* + * CLCD Controller Internal Register addresses + */ +#define CLCD_TIM0 0x00000000 +#define CLCD_TIM1 0x00000004 +#define CLCD_TIM2 0x00000008 +#define CLCD_TIM3 0x0000000c +#define CLCD_UBAS 0x00000010 +#define CLCD_LBAS 0x00000014 + +#define CLCD_PL110_IENB 0x00000018 +#define CLCD_PL110_CNTL 0x0000001c +#define CLCD_PL110_STAT 0x00000020 +#define CLCD_PL110_INTR 0x00000024 +#define CLCD_PL110_UCUR 0x00000028 +#define CLCD_PL110_LCUR 0x0000002C + +#define CLCD_PL111_CNTL 0x00000018 +#define CLCD_PL111_IENB 0x0000001c +#define CLCD_PL111_RIS 0x00000020 +#define CLCD_PL111_MIS 0x00000024 +#define CLCD_PL111_ICR 0x00000028 +#define CLCD_PL111_UCUR 0x0000002c +#define CLCD_PL111_LCUR 0x00000030 + +#define CLCD_PALL 0x00000200 +#define CLCD_PALETTE 0x00000200 + +#define TIM2_CLKSEL (1 <<



Re: [tip:x86/asm 3/3] lib/bug.c:135: undefined reference to `__sta ...
Fengguang Wu writes: On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 05:53:27PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote: Also, I have absolutely 0 clues as to why x86 builds without this :/ Yes there are no x86 build failures with this error message. It only occurs in arm and c6x.
It only occurs in arm and c6x.
Regards,
Fengguang
Fengguang
Fengguang



Re: [PATCH v2 3/5] PCI: rockchip: add remove() support
Brian Norris writes: (Summary) Hi Bjorn,
Hi Bjorn,
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 06:28:25PM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: these drivers,
Sure, I can do that.
Sure, I can do that.
including Rockchip.
Huh? So I can revert that in the next patch?
series to make Rockchip modular on top, if there's still value in it. It's much faster than reboot testing.
much faster than reboot testing.
Personally, I'd rather just patch the other drivers, and you can wait until I follow through on that promise before applying my existing work for the Rockchip driver, if that's what you'd prefer.



Re: [RFC][CFT][PATCHSET v1] uaccess unification
Kees Cook writes: (Summary) wrote: need serious help from maintainers.
FWIW, I tested this on x86 and ARM with the LKDTM tests I built for CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY and this branch (which includes the earlier fixes I suggested privately) tests fine for me.
fixes I suggested privately) tests fine for me.
Biarch-only, with the grand total of 6 callers...
It seems to me like everything above here should end up in comments for these functions. (I'm sure the test could be improved, but it's already caught tiny bugs in per-arch implementations in the past.) caught tiny bugs in per-arch implementations in the past.) used to have it, hopefully this series will take care of the last stragglers.



Re: mmotm 2017-03-30-16-31 uploaded
Stephen Rothwell writes: Hi Andrew,
Hi Andrew,
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:31:55 -0700 akpm@linux-foundation.org wrote: * mm-page_alloc-split-smallest-stolen-page-in-fallback-fix.patch The above patch has an "Author:" header rather than a "From:" header and so "git am" chokes on it.
and so "git am" chokes on it.



Re: [PATCH v6 0/5] i2c: aspeed: added driver for Aspeed I2C
Andrew Jeffery writes: On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 22:12 -0700, Brendan Higgins wrote: on a real platform with an Aspeed 2520.
Looks like there's going to be another revision of the series, but regardless, I've applied and tested v6 and had no issues. So: regardless, I've applied and tested v6 and had no issues. So: Tested-by: Andrew Jeffery
[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]



Re: memory hotplug and force_remove
joeyli writes: (Summary) OK~ Understood.
OK~ Understood.
Then back the "remove no matter waht" behavior, the point is force_remove knob causes that acpi_scan_try_to_offline() ignored the offline error of parent/children devices in the second pass: the offline error of parent/children devices in the second pass: drivers/acpi/scan.c
static int acpi_scan_try_to_offline(struct acpi_device *device) { ... /* children devices, second pass */ acpi_walk_namespace(ACPI_TYPE_ANY, handle, ACPI_UINT32_MAX, NULL, acpi_bus_offline, (void *)true, (void **)&errdev); acpi_force_hot_remove) /* ignored parent's offline error */ acpi_bus_offline(handle, 0, (void *)true, (void **)&errdev);



linux-next: manual merge of the s390 tree with the kbuild tree
Stephen Rothwell writes: (Summary) Hi all,
Hi all,
Today's linux-next merge of the s390 tree got a conflict in: Today's linux-next merge of the s390 tree got a conflict in: arch/s390/include/uapi/asm/Kbuild
arch/s390/include/uapi/asm/Kbuild
between commit:
between commit:
65017bab8a9e ("uapi: export all headers under uapi directories") 65017bab8a9e ("uapi: export all headers under uapi directories") from the kbuild tree and commit:
from the kbuild tree and commit:
c30abecb39d1 ("s390/uapi: use generic headers if possible") c30abecb39d1 ("s390/uapi: use generic headers if possible") from the s390 tree.
from the s390 tree.
I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.



Re: [PATCH] pci: quirk cavium: Add device ID range check
Bjorn Helgaas writes: On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:46:29PM +0530, Manish Jaggi wrote: Acked-by: David Daney Applied with Alex's ack to pci/host-thunder for v4.12, thanks! Applied with Alex's ack to pci/host-thunder for v4.12, thanks! 2.7.4
2.7.4



Re: [PATCH] zram: set physical queue limits to avoid array out of ...
Minchan Kim writes: (Summary) On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 09:35:56AM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote: are talking about this commit:
Right.
Right.
which is in mainline. Right?
If so, please revert it and merge this one.
If so, please revert it and merge this one.
mark it stable?
Not urgent because one in mainline fixes the problem so I'm okay with 4.12 but I don't want mark it as -stable.
with 4.12 but I don't want mark it as -stable.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thanks!



Re: [PATCH v4 0/7] PCI: dwc: Miscellaneous fixes and cleanups
Bjorn Helgaas writes: On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 07:13:21PM +0530, Kishon Vijay Abraham I wrote: 5 files changed, 135 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-) Applied to pci/host-designware for v4.12, with Niklas' ack on patches 4 & 5, thanks!
4 & 5, thanks!
4 & 5, thanks!



Re: [PATCH v2 0/4] zram: implement deduplication in zram
Minchan Kim writes: (Summary) Hi Andrew and Joonsoo,
Hi Andrew and Joonsoo,
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 03:25:02PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote: one of those patchsets which should be prepared against -mm, please. It's still on-going and I want to merge it before new feature like dedup.
dedup.
Joonsoo,
Joonsoo,
I will send partial-IO rework formal patch next week and start to review your patchset so I hope you resend your patchset based on it with my comments.
with my comments.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.



[PATCH v1 1/1] mfd: bxtwc: remove unnecessary i2c_addr checks in i ...
sathyanarayanan.kuppuswamy@linux ... writes: (Summary) 22 ++++++++++------------ 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/mfd/intel_soc_pmic_bxtwc.c b/drivers/mfd/intel_soc_pmic_bxtwc.c index 699c8c7..583d17d 100644 --- a/drivers/mfd/intel_soc_pmic_bxtwc.c +++ b/drivers/mfd/intel_soc_pmic_bxtwc.c @@ -237,15 +237,14 @@ static int regmap_ipc_byte_reg_read(void *context, unsigned int reg, u8 ipc_out[4]; - if (!i2c_addr) { - dev_err(pmic->dev, "I2C address not set\n"); - } - } + reg &= REG_OFFSET_MASK; - if (!i2c_addr) { - dev_err(pmic->dev, "I2C address not set\n"); - } - } + reg &= REG_OFFSET_MASK;



Re: [PATCH] zram: factor out partial IO routine
Minchan Kim writes: (Summary) } -static int zram_bvec_read(struct zram *zram, struct bio_vec *bvec, - u32 index, int offset) +static bool handle_special_page(struct zram *zram, struct bio_vec *bvec, + u32 index) { - int ret; } -static int zram_bvec_write(struct zram *zram, struct bio_vec *bvec, u32 index, - int offset) +static bool handle_same_page(struct zram *zram, u32 index, struct page *page) { - int ret = 0; - } - - if (page_same_filled(uncmem, &element)) { - if (user_mem) - kunmap_atomic(user_mem);



Re: [PATCH v2] Allow user probes on versioned symbols
Masami Hiramatsu writes: (Summary) On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:00:33 -0500
Paul Clarke wrote:
Paul Clarke wrote:
--
The wrapper function name may be concerned since "map__*" is usually used as a method for struct map. map::compare_symbol_names() ), since this comparation is applicable only for symbol name in map.
I'm OK for this name.
I'm OK for this name.
Reviewed-by: Masami Hiramatsu Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you,
Paul Clarke
Paul Clarke



mmotm 2017-03-30-16-31 uploaded
akpm@linux-fo ... writes: (Summary) This mmotm tree contains the following patches against 4.11-rc4: (patches marked "*" will be included in linux-next) origin.patch i-need-old-gcc.patch * mm-migrate-fix-remove_migration_pte-for-ksm-pages.patch * mm-move-mm_percpu_wq-initialization-earlier.patch * mm-rmap-fix-huge-file-mmap-accounting-in-the-memcg-stats.patch * mm-workingset-fix-premature-shadow-node-shrinking-with-cgroups.patch * mm-hugetlb-use-pte_present-instead-of-pmd_present-in-follow_huge_pmd.patch * mm-fix-section-name-for-dataro_after_init.patch * hugetlbfs-initialize-shared-policy-as-part-of-inode-allocation.patch * kasan-report-only-the-first-error-by-default.patch * mm-hugetlb-dont-call-region_abort-if-region_chg-fails.patch * rapidio-tsi721-make-module-parameter-variable-name-unique.patch * kasan-do-not-sanitize-kexec-purgatory.patch * arm-arch-arm-include-asm-pageh-needs-personalityh.patch * dax-add-tracepoints-to-dax_iomap_pte_fault.patch * dax-add-tracepoints-to-dax_pfn_mkwrite.patch * dax-add-tracepoints-to-dax_load_hole



Re: [PATCH v2 3/5] PCI: rockchip: add remove() support
Bjorn Helgaas writes: (Summary) On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:22:19AM -0700, Brian Norris wrote: I think these are all technically broken.
Can we fix them all at the same time as you fix Rockchip? Maybe we should have a series that adds ".suppress_bind_attrs = true" to all these drivers, including Rockchip. Then you could have this current series to make Rockchip modular on top, if there's still value in it. series to make Rockchip modular on top, if there's still value in it.



Re: [PATCH] kernel/reboot: add devm_register_reboot_notifier
Andrew Morton writes: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:55:43 -0700 Andrey Smirnov wrote: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:55:43 -0700 Andrey Smirnov wrote: I can CC you on that thread.
It would be nice to convert some other call sites as well, please - at least to get additional test coverage and to demonstrate the usefulness of the new interface.
of the new interface.
of the new interface.



Re: [PATCH 7/9] net: use kvmalloc with __GFP_REPEAT rather than op ...
Shakeel Butt writes: On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Michal Hocko wrote: effect of this patch is that requests smaller than 64kB will fallback to I am a bit confused about this 64kB, shouldn't it be <=32kB (with 4kB pages & PAGE_ALLOC_COSTLY_ORDER = 3)?
pages & PAGE_ALLOC_COSTLY_ORDER = 3)?
---
---



Re: [RFC][CFT][PATCHSET v1] uaccess unification
Russell King - ARM Linux writes: (Summary) You're right in so far as perf identifies the hotspot as the copy_to_user() function for that workload, rather than the inlined bits - the top hits in perf of hdparm -T are:
- the top hits in perf of hdparm -T are:
+ 66.52% hdparm [k] __copy_to_user_std
+ 8.49% hdparm [k] generic_file_read_iter
+ 3.82% hdparm [k] lock_acquire
+ 2.80% hdparm [k] copy_page_to_iter
+ 2.49% hdparm [k] find_get_entry
+ 1.19% hdparm [k] lock_release
+ 1.19% hdparm [k] lock_release
Note: perf on ARM does is affected by IRQ-disabled regions, so hotspots can be off.
can be off.
The generic_file_read_iter() one is definitely affected by an IRQ- disabled region in there.
disabled region in there.
Here's the average hdparm -T transfer rates and standard deviation over 20 samples:
20 samples:
Unpatched: Average=320.42 MB/s sigma=0.878657 Uaccess+inline: Average=318.77 MB/s sigma=1.003332 Uaccess+noinline: Average=319.40



Re: [PATCH v2 5/6] dt-bindings: List devicetree binding for the CC ...
Rob Herring writes: On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:20:20PM +0300, Priit Laes wrote: 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)
Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring



Re: [PATCH v2] fault-inject: support systematic fault injection
Andrew Morton writes: (Summary) On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:01:28 +0200 Dmitry Vyukov wrote: On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:01:28 +0200 Dmitry Vyukov wrote: +}
Well that didn't go too well.
Well that didn't go too well.
--- a/fs/proc/base.c~fault-inject-support-systematic-fault-injection-fix +++ a/fs/proc/base.c @@ -1377,7 +1377,7 @@ static ssize_t proc_fail_nth_write(struc if (n < n == INT_MAX) return -EINVAL; } static ssize_t proc_fail_nth_read(struct file *file, char __user *buf, Are you sure I merged the correct version of this?





[PATCH v5 2/2] lm87: Allow channel data to be set from dts file
Chris Packham writes: (Summary) - - if (dev_get_platdata(&client->dev)) { + struct device_node *of_node = client->dev.of_node; + + if (of_node) { + if (of_property_read_bool(of_node, "has-temp3")) + val |= CHAN_TEMP3; + if (of_property_read_bool(of_node, "has-in6")) + val |= CHAN_NO_FAN(0); + if (of_property_read_bool(of_node, "has-in7")) + val |= CHAN_NO_FAN(1); + if (!IS_ERR(vcc)) { + if (regulator_get_voltage(vcc) == 5000000) + val |= CHAN_VCC_5V; + } + data->channel = val;



[PATCH v5 1/2] Documentation: dtb: lm87: Add hwmon binding documen ...
Chris Packham writes: (Summary) + +Required properties: +- compatible: Should be + "ti,lm87" + +- reg: I2C address + +optional properties: +- has-temp3: This configures pins 18 and 19 to be used as a second + remote temperature sensing channel. + +- has-in6: When set, pin 5 is configured to be used as voltage input + in6. + +- has-in7: When set, pin 6 is configured to be used as voltage input + in7.



Re: [PATCH] x86/xen/time: set ->min_delta_ticks and ->max_delta_ticks
Boris Ostrovsky writes: On 03/30/2017 04:06 PM, Nicolai Stange wrote:
Signed-off-by: Nicolai Stange Reviewed-by: Boris Ostrovsky Reviewed-by: Boris Ostrovsky Reviewed-by: Boris Ostrovsky Reviewed-by: Boris Ostrovsky



Re: [PATCH v4 19/23] drivers/fsi: Add GPIO based FSI master
Joel Stanley writes: On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Christopher Bostic wrote:
in the patch set.
Send them as a separate patch set to the Aspeed maintainer (me) and the ARM list.
the ARM list.
Cheers,
Cheers,
Joel
Joel
Joel



[PATCH] ath6kl: Add __printf verification to ath6kl_dbg
Joe Perches writes: (Summary) 2 +- 3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/debug.h b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/debug.h index 0614393dd7ae..94297572914f 100644 --- a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/debug.h +++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/debug.h @@ -63,6 +63,7 @@ int ath6kl_read_tgt_stats(struct ath6kl *ar, struct ath6kl_vif *vif); (payload_len + HTC_HDR_LENGTH)) { ath6kl_dbg(ATH6KL_DBG_HTC, - "HTC Rx: insufficient length, got:%d expected =%u\n", + "HTC Rx: insufficient length, got:%d expected =%zu\n", netlen, payload_len + HTC_HDR_LENGTH);



Re: [PATCH] kernel/reboot: add devm_register_reboot_notifier
Andrey Smirnov writes: On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Andrew Morton
wrote:
this?
I will be submitting a serdev/watchdog driver in next couple of weeks, I can CC you on that thread.
I can CC you on that thread.
Thanks,
Andrey Smirnov
Andrey Smirnov
Andrey Smirnov



Re: [PATCH v5 1/9] coresight: bindings for CPU debug module
Rob Herring writes: On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 02:23:09AM +0800, Leo Yan wrote: create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight-cpu-debug.txt Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring



Re: [PATCH] input: goodix: Poll the 'buffer status' bit before rea ...
Dmitry Torokhov writes: On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 03:33:49PM +0200, Paul Cercueil wrote: bit is set.
Yay for awesome hardware.
Yay for awesome hardware.
+ usleep_range(100, 200);
What is the typical delay between IRQ and data being ready? 100 repeats suggest that poll interval is too small.
suggest that poll interval is too small.
2.11.0
Thanks.
Thanks.



Re: [PATCH linux v5 1/2] Documentation: dt-bindings: Document bind ...
Rob Herring writes: On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:17:22AM -0700, Jaghathiswari Rankappagounder Natarajan wrote: +- aspeed-fan-tach-ch : should specify the Fan tach input channel. aspeed,fan-tach-ch
aspeed,fan-tach-ch
With that,
With that,
Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring
2.12.1.578.ge9c3154ca4-goog
2.12.1.578.ge9c3154ca4-goog



Re: [PATCH 1/2] doc: Add bindings document for Xilinx LogiCore PR ...
Rob Herring writes: (Summary) On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:33:20AM -0500, Alan Tull wrote: From: Moritz Fischer
Please use "dt-bindings: fpga: ..." If it goes through you, then it should have your S-o-B too.
through you, then it should have your S-o-B too.
+- compatible : Should contain "xlnx,pr-decoupler-1.00" or "xlnx,pr-decoupler" I'd drop xlnx,pr-decoupler, but in any case, it should not be OR rather "followed by".



Re: [lkp-robot] [mm, page_alloc] b7ef62aa8a: BUG:kernel_hang_in_bo ...
Andrew Morton writes: (Summary) The result is a bit odd:
The result is a bit odd:
free_pages = move_freepages_block(zone, page, start_type, &movable_pages);
/* * Determine how many pages are compatible with our allocation. } else { /* * If we are falling back a RECLAIMABLE or UNMOVABLE allocation * to MOVABLE pageblock, consider all non-movable pages as * compatible. If it's UNMOVABLE falling back to RECLAIMABLE or * vice versa, be conservative since we can't distinguish the * exact migratetype of non-movable pages.



Re: [PATCH v3 2/7] dt-bindings: pinctrl: Add RZ/A1 bindings doc
Rob Herring writes: On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 04:22:09PM +0100, Jacopo Mondi wrote: create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/renesas,rza1-pinctrl.txt Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring
Acked-by: Rob Herring



Re: [PATCH RESEND net-next] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: debug ATU Age Time
David Miller writes: From: Vivien Didelot Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:38:37 -0400
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:38:37 -0400
Signed-off-by: Vivien Didelot Applied.
Applied.
Applied.



Re: [PATCH 0/3] x86, kasan: add KASAN checks to atomic operations
Andrew Morton writes: (Summary) On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:24:11 +0100 Dmitry Vyukov Please the review process has been a bit bumpy.
process has been a bit bumpy.
So I'll drop
So I'll drop
kasan-allow-kasan_check_read-write-to-accept-pointers-to-volatiles.patch asm-generic-x86-wrap-atomic-operations.patch
asm-generic-x86-wrap-atomic-operations-fix.patch
asm-generic-add-kasan-instrumentation-to-atomic-operations.patch asm-generic-fix-compilation-failure-in-cmpxchg_double.patch x86-remove-unused-atomic_inc_short.patch
x86-asm-generic-add-kasan-instrumentation-to-bitops.patch x86-asm-generic-add-kasan-instrumentation-to-bitops.patch for now. Please resend (against -mm or linux-next) when the dust has settled.
settled.
settled.



Re: [PATCH 0/4] ftrace: Add 'function-fork' trace option (v1)
Steven Rostedt writes: (Summary) On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 07:25:50 +0900
Masami Hiramatsu wrote: superset option.
Well, trace-cmd will just set both when one adds -c Well, trace-cmd will just set both when one adds -c I'd like to have two options for now. We can always add a superset option for later.
option for later.
-- Steve
-- Steve
Yeah, that's a good workaround for older kernel.
Yeah, that's a good workaround for older kernel.



Re: [PATCH 0/8] fujitsu-laptop: use sparse keymaps for input event ...
Jonathan Woithe writes: Hi Michael
Hi Michael
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 08:41:15AM +0200, Micha?? K??pie?? wrote: come to mind, specifically).
I have no problem with this. Fixing consistency in connection with error handling is certainly something which can be done by me (or anyone else) at a later date. I agree that the other work is more important. at a later date. I agree that the other work is more important. Regards
jonathan
jonathan
jonathan



Re: [PATCH 0/4] ftrace: Add 'function-fork' trace option (v1)
Masami Hiramatsu writes: (Summary) On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:49:29 -0400
Steven Rostedt wrote:
only event-fork is available now.
That sounds like implementation issue. And I didn't suggest replacing event-fork, but adding trace-fork for both, like a superset option.
superset option.
to use ptrace or not for function forking.
Yeah, that's a good workaround for older kernel.
Yeah, that's a good workaround for older kernel.
Thank you,
Thank you,



Re: [PATCH v2 0/4] zram: implement deduplication in zram
Andrew Morton writes: (Summary) On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:38:05 +0900 js1304@gmail.com wrote: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:38:05 +0900 js1304@gmail.com wrote: refer it.
I'm getting a lot of rejects against the current -mm tree. So this is one of those patchsets which should be prepared against -mm, please. I'll be attempting to release another mmotm in the next couple of hours. I'll be attempting to release another mmotm in the next couple of hours. I'll be attempting to release another mmotm in the next couple of hours.



Re: [PATCH 1/4] mm/vmalloc: allow to call vfree() in atomic context
Andrew Morton writes: (Summary) On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:27:16 +0300 Andrey Ryabinin wrote: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:27:16 +0300 Andrey Ryabinin I tend to disagree: adding yet another schedule_work() introduces additional overhead and adds some risk of ENOMEM errors which wouldn't occur with a synchronous free.
occur with a synchronous free.
context.
vfree() already does
vfree() already does
if (unlikely(in_interrupt())) __vfree_deferred(addr); This will have a minimal effect on the regular vfree() path.



Re: Apparent backward time travel in timestamps on file creation
David Howells writes: (Summary) Linus Torvalds wrote: Linus Torvalds wrote: filesystems!).
I wonder if multi-cpu systems might show interesting differences between CPUs too. I would hope not since xtime is based on a global variable. I would hope not since xtime is based on a global variable. something.
More likely never see it as the output is hidden away by xfstests. Probably xfstests needs to gain some way of lending prominence to information of this type.
type.
David
David
David



[PATCH] input: cros_ec_keyb: Add an EC event for sysrq
Rajat Jain writes: (Summary) 4 ++++ 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+) diff --git a/drivers/input/keyboard/cros_ec_keyb.c b/drivers/input/keyboard/cros_ec_keyb.c index 6a250d65f8fe..00a3a830cd3a 100644 --- a/drivers/input/keyboard/cros_ec_keyb.c +++ b/drivers/input/keyboard/cros_ec_keyb.c @@ -30,6 +30,7 @@ #include + case EC_MKBP_EVENT_BUTTON: case EC_MKBP_EVENT_SWITCH: /* diff --git a/include/linux/mfd/cros_ec_commands.h b/include/linux/mfd/cros_ec_commands.h index f1ef6388c233..c93e7e0300ef 100644 --- a/include/linux/mfd/cros_ec_commands.h +++ b/include/linux/mfd/cros_ec_commands.h @@ -2041,6 +2041,9 @@ enum ec_mkbp_event { /* The state of the switches have changed. */ EC_MKBP_EVENT_SWITCH = 4, + /* EC sent a sysrq command */ + EC_MKBP_EVENT_SYSRQ = 6, + /* Number of MKBP events */ EC_MKBP_EVENT_COUNT, };



[RFC 6/8] nvmet: Be careful about using iomem accesses when dealin ...
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) 13 ++++++------- 4 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/nvme/target/core.c b/drivers/nvme/target/core.c index 798653b..a1524d5 100644 --- a/drivers/nvme/target/core.c +++ b/drivers/nvme/target/core.c @@ -45,15 +45,29 @@ static struct nvmet_subsys *nvmet_find_get_subsys(struct nvmet_port *port, u16 nvmet_copy_to_sgl(struct nvmet_req *req, off_t off, const void *buf, size_t len) { - if (sg_pcopy_from_buffer(req->sg, req->sg_cnt, buf, len, off) != len) + bool iomem = req->p2pmem;



[RFC 5/8] scatterlist: Modify SG copy functions to support io memory.
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) + * @sgl: The SG list + * @nents: Number of SG entries + * @buf: Where to copy from + * @buflen: The number of bytes to copy + * + * Returns the number of copied bytes. + +/** + * sg_iocopy_to_buffer - Copy from an SG list containing IO memory + * to a linear buffer + * @sgl: The SG list + * @nents: Number of SG entries + * @buf: Where to copy to + * @buflen: The number of bytes to copy + * + * Returns the number of copied bytes.



[RFC 1/8] Introduce Peer-to-Peer memory (p2pmem) device
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) +} + +/** + * p2pmem_add_pci_region() - request and add an entire PCI region to the + * specified p2pmem device + * @p: the device to add the memory to + * @pdev: pci device to register the bar from + * @bar: the bar number to add + * + * The memory will be given ZONE_DEVICE struct pages so that it may + * be used with any dma request.



[RFC 8/8] p2pmem: Added char device user interface
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) + } + } + + mutex_unlock(&pv->mutex); +} + +const struct vm_operations_struct p2pmem_vmops = { + .open = p2pmem_vma_open, + .close = p2pmem_vma_close, + .fault = p2pmem_vma_fault, +}; + + pv = kzalloc(sizeof(*pv) + sizeof(pv->used_pages[0]) * nr_pages, + GFP_KERNEL); +} + +static const struct file_operations p2pmem_fops = { + .owner = THIS_MODULE, + .open = p2pmem_open, + .mmap = p2pmem_mmap, +};



[RFC 7/8] p2pmem: Support device removal
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) #else @@ -76,12 +84,15 @@ static inline void p2pmem_free(struct p2pmem_dev *p, void *addr, size_t size) { } -static inline struct p2pmem_dev *p2pmem_find_compat(struct device **dma_devs) +static inline struct p2pmem_dev * +p2pmem_find_compat(struct device **dma_devices, + void (*unregister_callback)(void *context), + void *context) { return NULL;



[RFC 0/8] Copy Offload with Peer-to-Peer PCI Memory
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) However, the user would be entirely responsible for knowing what their doing and inspecting sysfs to understand the pci topology and only using it in sane situations.
topology and only using it in sane situations.
Thanks,
Thanks,
Logan
Logan
Logan
Logan Gunthorpe (6):
Introduce Peer-to-Peer memory (p2pmem) device
nvmet: Use p2pmem in nvme target
scatterlist: Modify SG copy functions to support io memory. nvmet: Be careful about using iomem accesses when dealing with p2pmem p2pmem: Support device removal
p2pmem: Added char device user interface
p2pmem: Added char device user interface
Steve Wise (2):
cxgb4: setup pcie memory window 4 and create p2pmem region p2pmem: Add debugfs "stats" file
p2pmem: Add debugfs "stats" file
drivers/memory/Kconfig |



[RFC 4/8] p2pmem: Add debugfs "stats" file
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) +} + +static int stats_open(struct inode *inode, struct file *file) +{ + return single_open(file, stats_show, inode->i_private); +} + +static const struct file_operations stats_debugfs_fops = { + .owner = THIS_MODULE, + .open = stats_open, + .release = single_release, + .read = seq_read, + .llseek = seq_lseek, +}; + if (p2pmem_debugfs_root) { + p->debugfs_root = debugfs_create_dir(dev_name(&p->dev), + p2pmem_debugfs_root);



[RFC 2/8] cxgb4: setup pcie memory window 4 and create p2pmem region
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) + + dev_info(adap->pdev_dev, + "p2pmem base 0x%x, size %uB, ilog2(sk_kb) 0x%x, " + "pcieofst 0x%X\n", mem_base, mem_size, ilog2(sz_kb), + pcieofst); + + /* Write the window offset and size */ + t4_write_reg(adap, + PCIE_MEM_ACCESS_REG(PCIE_MEM_ACCESS_BASE_WIN_A, + MEMWIN_RSVD4), + pcieofst | + + /* Write the adapter memory base/start */ + t4_write_reg(adap, + PCIE_MEM_ACCESS_REG(PCIE_MEM_ACCESS_OFFSET_A, + MEMWIN_RSVD4), + MEMOFST_V((mem_base >>



[RFC 3/8] nvmet: Use p2pmem in nvme target
Logan Gunthorpe writes: (Summary) +#endif + static struct configfs_attribute *nvmet_port_attrs[] = { &nvmet_attr_addr_adrfam, &nvmet_attr_addr_treq, &nvmet_attr_addr_traddr, &nvmet_attr_addr_trsvcid, &nvmet_attr_addr_trtype, + + #ifdef CONFIG_P2PMEM + &nvmet_attr_allow_p2pmem, + #endif + NULL, }; + } + } + + dma_devs = kmalloc((ndevs + 1) * sizeof(*dma_devs), GFP_KERNEL); + + list_for_each_entry(s, &queue->port->subsystems, entry) { + list_for_each_entry_rcu(ns, &s->subsys->namespaces, dev_link) { + dma_devs[i++] = disk_to_dev(ns->bdev->bd_disk); + } + } + + dma_devs[i++] = NULL;



Re: [PATCH RFC 0/4] proc: support multiple separate proc instances ...
Alexey Gladkov writes: On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 05:22:55PM +0200, Djalal Harouni wrote: Al, Eric any comments please ?
Multiple mnt_root's lead us to significant memory costs for storing dentry of tasks. I mean what we will get as many copies of the tasks dentry as many times we have mounted the procfs with 'unshare' flag. No? times we have mounted the procfs with 'unshare' flag. No?



Re: [PATCH RESEND 2/2] pidns: Expose task pid_ns_for_children to u ...
Andrew Morton writes: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:27:59 +0300 Kirill Tkhai wrote: On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:27:59 +0300 Kirill Tkhai wrote: #endif
This interface should be documented somewhere under Documentation/. But I can't immediately find where the /proc/pid/ns/ pseudo-files are documented...
documented...
documented...
documented...



Re: [RESEND PATCH 2/2] sched/fair: Optimize __update_sched_avg()
Paul Turner writes: (Summary) wrote: n=0 n=p
So this is endemic to what I think is a deeper problem: So this is endemic to what I think is a deeper problem: The previous rounds of optimization folded weight into load_sum. I think this introduced a number of correctness problems: think this introduced a number of correctness problems: a) the load_avg is no longer independent of weight; I think it's actually *costing* us cycles, since we end up multiplying in the weight every partial [load_sum] update, but we only actually need to compute it when updating load_avg [which is per period overflow].
overflow].
contrib = cap_scale(contrib, scale_freq);
contrib = cap_scale(contrib, scale_freq);



[RFC/RFT][PATCH] cpufreq: schedutil: Reduce frequencies slower
"Rafael J. Wysocki" writes: (Summary) The schedutil governor reduces frequencies too fast in some situations which cases undesirable performance drops to appear.
appear.
To address that issue, make schedutil reduce the frequency slower by setting it to the average of the value chosen during the previous iteration of governor computations and the new one coming from its frequency selection formula.
frequency selection formula.
Link: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=194963 Reported-by: John
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. 3 +++ 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+) Index: linux-pm/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c =================================================================== --- linux-pm.orig/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c +++ linux-pm/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c @@ -101,6 +101,9 @@ static void sugov_update_commit(struct s if (sg_policy->next_freq == next_freq) return; next_freq) + next_freq = (sg_policy



Re: [PATCH V8 0/7] LPC: legacy ISA I/O support
dann frazier writes: On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 9:26 AM, zhichang.yuan
wrote:
create mode 100644 lib/logic_pio.c
Booted up on a D05, was able to use the LPC-connected IPMI interface. Booted up on a D05, was able to use the LPC-connected IPMI interface. Tested-by: dann frazier Tested-by: dann frazier Tested-by: dann frazier



[PATCH v3] serdev: Add serdev_device_write subroutine
Andrey Smirnov writes: (Summary) } static inline void serdev_device_set_flow_control(struct serdev_device *sdev, bool enable) {} -static inline int serdev_device_write_buf(struct serdev_device *sdev, const unsigned char *buf, size_t count) +static inline int serdev_device_write(struct serdev_device *sdev, const unsigned char *buf, + size_t count, unsigned long timeout) { return -ENODEV; } @@ -259,4 +265,11 @@ static inline struct device *serdev_tty_port_register(struct tty_port *port, static inline void serdev_tty_port_unregister(struct tty_port *port) {} #endif /* CONFIG_SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT */ +static inline int serdev_device_write_buf(struct serdev_device *serdev, + const unsigned char *data, + size_t count) +{ + return serdev_device_write(serdev, data, count, 0);



[GIT PULL] PCI fixes for v4.11
Bjorn Helgaas writes: (Summary) PCI fixes:
PCI fixes:
- fix iProc memory corruption
- fix iProc memory corruption
- fix ThunderX usage of unregistered PNP/ACPI ID
- fix ThunderX usage of unregistered PNP/ACPI ID
- fix ThunderX resource reservation on early firmware - fix ThunderX resource reservation on early firmware - fix ThunderX resource reservation on early firmware The following changes since commit 3bd7db63a841e8c5297bb18ad801df67d5e38ad2: The following changes since commit 3bd7db63a841e8c5297bb18ad801df67d5e38ad2: PCI/ASPM: Always set link->downstream to avoid NULL dereference on remove (2017-03-07 14:23:30 -0600) PCI/ASPM: Always set link->downstream to avoid NULL dereference on remove (2017-03-07 14:23:30 -0600) are available in the git repository at:
are available in the git repository at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git pci-v4.11-fixes-3 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git pci-v4.11-fixes-3 for you to fetch



Re: [RFC 0/1] add support for reclaiming priorities per mem cgroup
Tim Murray writes: (Summary) On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Tim Murray wrote: vmpressure event.
Looked at this some more, and this is almost certainly because vmpressure relies on workqueues. Scheduling delay from CFS workqueues would explain vmpressure latency that results in oom-killer running long before the critical vmpressure notification is received in userspace, even if userspace is running as FIFO. We regularly see 10ms+ latency on workqueues, even when an Android device isn't heavily loaded.
loaded.
loaded.



Re: [PATCH v4 19/23] drivers/fsi: Add GPIO based FSI master (fwd)
Julia Lawall writes: (Summary) f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 507 } f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 508 f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 509 static void fsi_master_gpio_release(struct device *dev) f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 510 { f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 511 struct fsi_master_gpio *master = to_fsi_master_gpio( f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 512 dev_to_fsi_master(dev)); f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 515 } f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 516 f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 517 static int fsi_master_gpio_probe(struct platform_device *pdev) f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 518 { f4bd3b6a Chris Bostic 2017-03-29 519 struct fsi_master_gpio *master;



Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] drm/pl111: Initial drm/kms driver for pl111
Eric Anholt writes: Eric Anholt writes:
Eric Anholt writes:
platform alias, drop redundant "drm" in DRM driver name. Apologies, I did these fixups on the wrong branch, thus the second "v3" patch. :(
patch. :(
[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]



[PATCH net-next v2 2/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: use 4-bit port for PV ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) 1 + 4 files changed, 48 insertions(+) diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c index 8f1f881d0375..2a32bb490f92 100644 --- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c +++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c @@ -1198,6 +1198,17 @@ static int mv88e6xxx_atu_setup(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip) return mv88e6xxx_g1_atu_set_age_time(chip, 300000); } +/* Offset 0x1D: Misc Register */ + +static int mv88e6xxx_g2_misc_5_bit_port(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, + bool port_5_bit) +{ + u16 val; +} + +int mv88e6xxx_g2_misc_4_bit_port(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip) +{ + return mv88e6xxx_g2_misc_5_bit_port(chip, false);



[PATCH net-next v2 6/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: factorize in-chip bri ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) } -static int _mv88e6xxx_port_based_vlan_map(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port) +static int mv88e6xxx_port_vlan_map(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port) { u16 output_ports = mv88e6xxx_port_vlan(chip, chip->ds->index, port); ++port) { + if (chip->ds->ports[port].bridge_dev == br) { + err = mv88e6xxx_port_vlan_map(chip, port); ++i) { - if (ds->ports[i].bridge_dev == br) { - err = _mv88e6xxx_port_based_vlan_map(chip, i); - } - } - + err = mv88e6xxx_bridge_map(chip, br); ds->ports[i].bridge_dev == br) - if (_mv88e6xxx_port_based_vlan_map(chip, i)) - netdev_warn(ds->ports[i].netdev, - "failed to remap\n");



[PATCH net-next v2 8/9] net: dsa: add cross-chip bridging operations
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) 12 ++++++------ 2 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-) diff --git a/include/net/dsa.h b/include/net/dsa.h index 951b5e49e899..ffe56cc338fe 100644 --- a/include/net/dsa.h +++ b/include/net/dsa.h @@ -456,6 +456,14 @@ struct dsa_switch_ops { bool ingress); + + /* + * Cross-chip operations + */ + int (*crosschip_bridge_join)(struct dsa_switch *ds, int sw_index, + int port, struct net_device *br); ds->ops->crosschip_bridge_join) + return ds->ops->crosschip_bridge_join(ds, info->sw_index, + info->port, info->br); ds->ops->crosschip_bridge_leave) + ds->ops->crosschip_bridge_leave(ds, info->sw_index, info->port, + info->br);



[PATCH net-next v2 9/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add cross-chip bridging
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) Implement the DSA cross-chip bridging operations by remapping the local ports an external source port can egress frames to, when this cross-chip port joins or leaves a bridge.
port joins or leaves a bridge.
The PVT is no longer configured with all ones allowing any external frame to egress any local port. +} + static int mv88e6xxx_software_reset(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip) { if (chip->info->ops->reset) @@ -4313,6 +4343,8 @@ static const struct dsa_switch_ops mv88e6xxx_switch_ops = { .port_mdb_add = mv88e6xxx_port_mdb_add, .port_mdb_del = mv88e6xxx_port_mdb_del, .port_mdb_dump = mv88e6xxx_port_mdb_dump, + .crosschip_bridge_join = mv88e6xxx_crosschip_bridge_join, + .crosschip_bridge_leave = mv88e6xxx_crosschip_bridge_leave, };



[PATCH net-next v2 1/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: move PVT description ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) 32 +++++++++++--------------------- 3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c index 3c946af1159d..8f1f881d0375 100644 --- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c +++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c @@ -3578,6 +3578,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_info mv88e6xxx_table[] = { .age_time_coeff = 15000, .g1_irqs = 8, .atu_move_port_mask = 0xf, + .pvt = true, .tag_protocol = DSA_TAG_PROTO_DSA, .flags = MV88E6XXX_FLAGS_FAMILY_6097, .ops = &mv88e6085_ops, @@ -3610,6 +3611,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_info mv88e6xxx_table[] = { .age_time_coeff = 15000, .g1_irqs = 8, .atu_move_port_mask = 0xf, + .pvt = true, .tag_protocol = DSA_TAG_PROTO_EDSA, .flags = MV88E6XXX_FLAGS_FAMILY_6097, .ops = &mv88e6097_ops, @@ -3626,6 +3628,7 @@ static const struct mv88e6xxx_info mv88e6xxx_table[] = { .age_time_coeff = 15000, .g1_irqs = 9, .atu_move_port_mask = 0xf, + .pvt = true, .ta



[PATCH net-next v2 0/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: program cross-chip br ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) On a ZII Rev B board, bridging together the 3 user ports of both 88E6352 will result in the following PVTs on respectively switch 0 and switch 1: will result in the following PVTs on respectively switch 0 and switch 1: External Internal Ports
Dev Port 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Dev Port 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
1 0 * * * - - * *
1 1 * * * - - * *
1 2 * * * - - * *
1 3 - - - - - * *
1 4 - - - - - * *
1 5 * * * * * * *
1 6 * * * * * * *
1 6 * * * * * * *
0 0 * * * - - * *
0 1 * * * - - * *
0 2 * * * - - * *
0 3 - - - - - * *
0 4 - - - - - * *
0 5 * * * * * * *
0 6 * * * * * * *
0 6 * * * * * * *
Changes since v2:
- Define MV88E6XXX_MAX_P



[PATCH net-next v2 5/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: rework in-chip bridging
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) + + /* Prevent frames from unknown switch or port */ + if (!ds || + + /* Frames from DSA links and CPU ports can egress any local port */ + if (dsa_is_cpu_port(ds, port) || + + /* Frames from user ports can egress any local DSA links and CPU ports, + * as well as any local member of their bridge group. +} + static int _mv88e6xxx_port_based_vlan_map(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int port) { - struct dsa_switch *ds = chip->ds;



[PATCH net-next v2 7/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: remap existing bridge ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) When a local port of a switch chip becomes a member of a bridge group, we need to reprogram the Cross-chip Port Based VLAN Table (PVT) to allow existing cross-chip bridge members to egress frames on the new ports. 20 ++++++++++++++++++++ 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+) diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c index 3802e1bdd111..c6f45a2a9335 100644 --- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c +++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c @@ -2143,7 +2143,9 @@ static int mv88e6xxx_port_fdb_dump(struct dsa_switch *ds, int port, static int mv88e6xxx_bridge_map(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, struct net_device *br) { + struct dsa_switch *ds;



[PATCH net-next v2 3/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: program the PVT with ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) } +/* Offset 0x0B: Cross-chip Port VLAN (Addr) Register + * Offset 0x0C: Cross-chip Port VLAN Data Register + */ + +static int mv88e6xxx_g2_pvt_op_wait(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip) +{ + return mv88e6xxx_g2_wait(chip, GLOBAL2_PVT_ADDR, GLOBAL2_PVT_ADDR_BUSY); +} + +static int mv88e6xxx_g2_pvt_op(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int src_dev, + int src_port, u16 op) +{ + int err; +} + +int mv88e6xxx_g2_pvt_write(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip, int src_dev, + int src_port, u16 data) +{ + int err;



[PATCH net-next v2 4/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: allocate the number o ...
Vivien Didelot writes: (Summary) The current code allocates DSA_MAX_PORTS ports for a Marvell dsa_switch structure. Provide the exact number of ports so the corresponding ds->num_ports is accurate.
ds->num_ports is accurate.
Signed-off-by: Vivien Didelot 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c index fb6a723c2137..28bdfadbf050 100644 --- a/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c +++ b/drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c @@ -4286,7 +4286,7 @@ static int mv88e6xxx_register_switch(struct mv88e6xxx_chip *chip) struct device *dev = chip->dev;






Re: [RFC] Add option to mount only a pids subset
Alexey Gladkov writes: (Summary) On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 09:03:33AM +0200, Djalal Harouni wrote: of using pid namespace may help!
I deside to stop doing my patch. I talked with a few people and found out that the overlayfs doesn't feel very well if on the lower level filesystem appear/disappear files.
appear/disappear files.
In addition with the pidfs isn't so simple. Separate the root will lead to a doubling of memory consumption and restrictions on the filesystem operations level can easily be skipped.
level can easily be skipped.
It means that even I can do this pidfs (or pid subset in /proc), it will be pointless.
will be pointless.



Re: [RFC][PATCH] UBI: Make MTD_UBI_FASTMAP non-experimental
Richard Weinberger writes: Jesper,
Jesper,
Am 30.03.2017 um 19:39 schrieb Jesper Nilsson:
Only enable this if the speedup in attach is really important and I'm not a native English speaker, but shouldn't this be "...if speedup of the attach time is important ..." "...if speedup of the attach time is important ..." you can be sure that the NAND works as expected.
Looks fine!
Looks fine!
Thanks,
//richard
//richard
//richard
//richard



Re: [BUG nohz]: wrong user and system time accounting
Luiz Capitulino writes: (Summary) ;done # taskset -c 2,3,4,5,6,7 \
cyclictest -m -n -q -p95 -D 1m -h60 -i 200 -t 6 -a 2,3,4,5,6,7 cyclictest -m -n -q -p95 -D 1m -h60 -i 200 -t 6 -a 2,3,4,5,6,7 (where hog is a program taking 100% of the CPU, and cyclictest is RT's cyclictest)
is RT's cyclictest)
5. Run top -d1
In a few minutes into this test-case, I see one isolated CPU in the guest reporting around 95% system time (where the expected is close to 100% user time, which the others isolated CPUs correctly report).



Applied "regulator: arizona-ldo1: Avoid potential memory leak read ...
Mark Brown writes: (Summary) The patch
The patch
regulator: arizona-ldo1: Avoid potential memory leak reading init_data regulator: arizona-ldo1: Avoid potential memory leak reading init_data has been applied to the regulator tree at
has been applied to the regulator tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.



Applied "spi: loopback-test: fix spelling mistake: "minimam" -> "m ...
Mark Brown writes: (Summary) The patch
The patch
spi: loopback-test: fix spelling mistake: "minimam" -> "minimum" has been applied to the spi tree at
has been applied to the spi tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/spi.git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/spi.git All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.



Applied "ASoC: Intel: bxtn: fix spelling mistake: "Timout" -> "Tim ...
Mark Brown writes: (Summary) The patch
The patch
ASoC: Intel: bxtn: fix spelling mistake: "Timout" -> "Timeout" has been applied to the asoc tree at
has been applied to the asoc tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.



Applied "regulator: arizona-micsupp: Avoid potential memory leak r ...
Mark Brown writes: (Summary) The patch
The patch
regulator: arizona-micsupp: Avoid potential memory leak reading init_data regulator: arizona-micsupp: Avoid potential memory leak reading init_data has been applied to the regulator tree at
has been applied to the regulator tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.



Applied "MAINTAINERS: Add missing regulator regex for Wolfson Ariz ...
Mark Brown writes: (Summary) The patch
The patch
MAINTAINERS: Add missing regulator regex for Wolfson Arizona parts MAINTAINERS: Add missing regulator regex for Wolfson Arizona parts has been applied to the regulator tree at
has been applied to the regulator tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.



Re: [RFC v3 1/5] sched/core: add capacity constraints to CPU contr ...
Paul Turner writes: On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Patrick Bellasi
wrote:
2 | 1GHz | 1024
I think exposing capacity in this manner is extremely challenging. It's not normalized in any way between architectures, which places a lot of the ABI in the API.
lot of the ABI in the API.
Have you considered any schemes for normalizing this in a reasonable fashion? `
Patrick Bellasi
Patrick Bellasi



Re: [RFC v3 1/5] sched/core: add capacity constraints to CPU contr ...
Paul Turner writes: (Summary) There is one important, fundamental difference here: {cfs,rt}_{period,runtime}_us is a property that applies to a group of threads, it can be sub-divided. We can consume 100ms of quota either by having one thread run for 100ms, or 2 threads running for 50ms. It's a tag that affects the individual threads it's applied to. For example, suppose we set a max that is smaller than a "big" cpu on an asymmetric system. In the case that the faster CPU is relatively busy, but still opportunistically available, we would still want to schedule it there.



Re: Apparent backward time travel in timestamps on file creation
Linus Torvalds writes: (Summary) So I actually think that the whole "check timestamps" would be interesting as a test across a lot of filesystems - including very much network filesystems - but I think such a test should be largely informational rather than about correctness.
informational rather than about correctness.
Now, there definitely are correctness issues too wrt file timestamps (ie the whole "writes should update mtime" kind of testing), and I think many of those cound be extended to check relative timestamps on the same filesystem. For example, if you write to file A first, and to file B second, it would certainly be odd and interesting if file B now has a modification time that is before file A.
has a modification time that is before file A.
I say "odd and interesting" because I could see it happening (writeback ordering), and there are certainly very real issues wrt things like open/close consistency ordering.



Re: [RFC PATCH v1 00/30] fs: inode->i_version rework and optimization
Boaz Harrosh writes: (Summary) On 03/30/2017 09:35 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:
<>
something already present that we could use in place of a crash counter. Perhaps we can use s_mtime and/or s_wtime in some way, I'm not sure what is a parallel for that in xfs.
s_mtime - time-of-last mount
s_wtime - time-of-last mount, umount, freez, unfreez, remount, ... Of course you'll need a per FS vector to access that. But this will need some math foo to get the bits compacted correctly just a thought.
just a thought.
Thanks
Boaz
Boaz
Boaz



Re: [RFC][CFT][PATCHSET v1] uaccess unification
Al Viro writes: (Summary) Here's what we have at the moment: there are only 3 irregular callers of __copy_to_user_inatomic(): arch/mips/kernel/unaligned.c:1276: res = __copy_to_user_inatomic(addr, fpr, sizeof(*fpr)); Leave those aside, only 8 are left: arch/mips/kernel/unaligned.c:1242: res = __copy_from_user_inatomic(fpr, addr, drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c:1324: ret = __copy_from_user_inatomic(vaddr + offset, user_data, len);






[PATCH] net: batman-adv: use new api ethtool_{get|set}_link_ksettings
Philippe Reynes writes: (Summary) static const struct ethtool_ops batadv_ethtool_ops = { - .get_settings = batadv_get_settings, .get_drvinfo = batadv_get_drvinfo, .get_msglevel = batadv_get_msglevel, .set_msglevel = batadv_set_msglevel, @@ -84,6 +84,7 @@ static void batadv_get_ethtool_stats(struct net_device *dev, .get_strings = batadv_get_strings, .get_ethtool_stats = batadv_get_ethtool_stats, .get_sset_count = batadv_get_sset_count, + .get_link_ksettings = batadv_get_link_ksettings, }; /* ethtool */ -static int batadv_get_settings(struct net_device *dev, struct ethtool_cmd *cmd) +static int batadv_get_link_ksettings(struct net_device *dev, + struct ethtool_link_ksettings *cmd) { - cmd->supported = 0;



[PATCH 2/9] clocksource: sh_tmu: Compute rate before registration ...
John Stultz writes: (Summary) So it's probably safer to assume a "never changing clock rate" here.
clock rate" here.
- Move the struct sh_tmu_channel's ->rate member to struct sh_tmu_device: it's a property of the underlying clock which is in turn specific to the sh_tmu_device.
- Determine the ->rate value in sh_tmu_setup() at device probing rather than at first usage.
- Set the clockevent device's rate at its registration.



[PATCH 6/9] clockevents: Make clockevents_config() static
John Stultz writes: (Summary) From: Nicolai Stange
From: Nicolai Stange
A clockevent device's rate should be configured before or at registration and changed afterwards through clockevents_update_freq() only. 2 +- 2 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-) diff --git a/include/linux/clockchips.h b/include/linux/clockchips.h index 5d3053c..eef1569 100644 --- a/include/linux/clockchips.h +++ b/include/linux/clockchips.h @@ -182,7 +182,6 @@ extern u64 clockevent_delta2ns(unsigned long latch, struct clock_event_device *e extern void clockevents_register_device(struct clock_event_device *dev);



[PATCH 7/9] MAINTAINERS: Add Stephen Boyd as timekeeping reviewer
John Stultz writes: (Summary) After showing expertise and presenting on the timekeeping subsystem at ELC[1], Stephen clearly should be included in the maintainer list.
the maintainer list.
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puv4mW55bF8
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puv4mW55bF8
Cc: Ingo Molnar
Cc: Thomas Gleixner
Cc: Daniel Lezcano 1 + 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+) diff --git a/MAINTAINERS b/MAINTAINERS index c776906..68b1a14 100644 --- a/MAINTAINERS +++ b/MAINTAINERS @@ -11099,6 +11099,7 @@ F: drivers/power/supply/bq27xxx_battery_i2c.c TIMEKEEPING, CLOCKSOURCE CORE, NTP, ALARMTIMER M: John Stultz



[PATCH 5/9] clocksource: h8300_timer8: Don't reset rate in ->set_s ...
John Stultz writes: (Summary) From: Nicolai Stange
From: Nicolai Stange
With the upcoming NTP correction related rate adjustments to be implemented in the clockevents core, the latter needs to get informed about every rate change of a clockevent device made after its registration. 8 -------- 1 file changed, 8 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/clocksource/h8300_timer8.c b/drivers/clocksource/h8300_timer8.c index 546bb18..804c489 100644 --- a/drivers/clocksource/h8300_timer8.c +++ b/drivers/clocksource/h8300_timer8.c @@ -101,15 +101,7 @@ static inline struct timer8_priv *ced_to_priv(struct clock_event_device *ced) static void timer8_clock_event_start(struct timer8_priv *p, unsigned long delta) { - struct clock_event_device *ced = &p->ced;



[PATCH 4/9] clocksource: em_sti: Compute rate before registration
John Stultz writes: (Summary) From: Nicolai Stange
From: Nicolai Stange
With the upcoming NTP correction related rate adjustments to be implemented in the clockevents core, the latter needs to get informed about every rate change of a clockevent device made after its registration. 25 ++++++++++++------------- 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c b/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c index 6c0955a..bc48cbf 100644 --- a/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c +++ b/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c @@ -84,9 +84,6 @@ static int em_sti_enable(struct em_sti_priv *p) return ret;



[PATCH 3/9] clocksource: em_sti: Split clock prepare and enable steps
John Stultz writes: (Summary) 21 ++++++++++++++------- 1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-) diff --git a/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c b/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c index aff87df..6c0955a 100644 --- a/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c +++ b/drivers/clocksource/em_sti.c @@ -78,7 +78,7 @@ static int em_sti_enable(struct em_sti_priv *p) int ret; IRQF_NOBALANCING, + dev_name(&pdev->dev), p)) { + dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to request low IRQ\n"); IRQF_NOBALANCING, - dev_name(&pdev->dev), p)) { - dev_err(&pdev->dev, "failed to request low IRQ\n");



[PATCH 8/9] timers, sched_clock: Update timeout for clock wrap
John Stultz writes: (Summary) In this case the clock wrap timeout is too long thus sched_clock_poll() is called too late and the clock already wrapped.
already wrapped.
On my ARM system the scheduler was no longer scheduling any other task than the idle task because the sched_clock() wrapped.
the idle task because the sched_clock() wrapped.
Cc: Ingo Molnar
Cc: Thomas Gleixner
Cc: Daniel Lezcano



[PATCH 9/9] sysrq: Reset the watchdog timers while displaying high ...
John Stultz writes: (Summary) From: Tom Hromatka
From: Tom Hromatka
On systems with a large number of CPUs, running sysrq- On a machine with hundreds of CPUs, this loop took approximately 100ms for the first CPU in a NUMA node. 6 ++++++ 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+) diff --git a/kernel/time/timer_list.c b/kernel/time/timer_list.c index ff8d5c1..0e7f542 100644 --- a/kernel/time/timer_list.c +++ b/kernel/time/timer_list.c @@ -16,6 +16,7 @@ #include



[PATCH 1/9] clocksource: sh_cmt: Compute rate before registration ...
John Stultz writes: (Summary) So it's probably safer to assume a "never changing clock rate" here.
clock rate" here.
- Move the struct sh_cmt_channel's ->rate member to struct sh_cmt_device: it's a property of the underlying clock which is in turn specific to the sh_cmt_device.
- Determine the ->rate value in sh_cmt_setup() at device probing rather than at first usage.
- Set the clockevent device's ->mult and ->shift values right before its registration.
- Although not strictly necessary for the upcoming clockevent core changes, set the clocksource's rate at its registration for consistency.