going to make a new blog
Mon, 08 Jun 2009 04:19:31 PDT
40 Ways To Get Out Of A Rut
Posted on May 6, 2009 - Filed Under Inspiration
Lots of people hit the wall and fall into a rut. You’re tired creatively. You don’t feel like you’re coming up with fresh ideas. You feel unmotivated. Stale. Bored. Uninspired.
The good thing about it is that you can always DO something to change it …
1. Go for a run.
2. Kill a project that’s not working.
3. Have a beer with an old friend.
4. Show up to work an hour earlier.
5. Watch a good movie.
6. Watch a stupid movie.
7. Quit your job.
8. Build something with your hands.
9. Talk to an 8 year old.
10. Talk to an 80 year old.
11. Leave the city. Get far enough away that you can’t see the lights.
12. Try yoga.
13. Go see a band in concert.
15. Call the smartest person you know. Ask them to lunch.
16. Eat a pint of blackberries.
17. Watch the Discovery Channel.
18. See the world through a camera lens. Video camera, still camera. It doesn’t matter.
19. Listen to Kid Cudi.
20. Write in a new notebook.
21. Write a letter. With a pen.
22. Go a day without email.
23. Go a week without the internet.
24. Visit a museum.
25. Tour an art gallery.
26. Go to a playground. And play.
27. Light incense and (try to) meditate.
28. Have coffee with an artist.
29. Go for drinks with a “suit”.
30. Build a fort.
31. Wear a tie to work.
32. Buy cool socks.
33. Jump off the highest diving board at the pool.
34. Email your favourite blogger.
35. Watch a TED talk.
36. Read a hard copy of Fast Company magazine.
37. Watch someone do something that you didn’t know was possible.
38. Spend an afternoon at Toys “R” Us. Buy LEGO.
39. Drink beer around a fire.
40. Go up to the roof of a tall building. Look down on the city.