Last Build Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:08:48 -0000
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:08:48 -0000
Since not everyone goes to the shokk.com site for the tarballs, I thought I would release what is now a year's worth of enhancements and fixes as a milestone before heading into further work with the package.
Sat, 06 Oct 2007 01:17:33 -0000
I have irregularly published tarballs of the SVN latest version of Monkeychow at http://www.shokk.com/blog/monkeychow-weekly-tarballs/
Sat, 12 May 2007 02:06:12 -0000
This release has
* user login - all users see same view at this time; default admin passwd is set at install time
* a unified display code for frames and non-frames view,
* user preferences, including the display of feedicons and their display size, the choice of frames or non-frames on individual login
* digg icon for Digg articles (will be moved to plugin later)
* Firefox 2 integration
* lots of code cleanup
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:42:59 -0000
A new version of monkeychow has been released. Version 0.5 fixes a number of bugs and adds these features:
* Feed Expiration - For when you want to subscribe to something for just a short period.
* Feed Privacy - For when you want to subscribe to something, but yuo don’t want it appearing in the published list and its RSS feed, or the aggregator pages and its RSS feed, or the OPML output.
* Internationalization - MonkeyChow in your language
* Article collapsing and collapse toggling. Also set flags to toggle.
* Uses SimplePie
* Per Feed Article Aging
The above are all fixes and updates mentioned at http://www.shokk.com/blog/ from May 25, 2006 through Sept 16, 2006.
Thu, 25 May 2006 21:50:51 -0000
A new version of monkeychow has been released. Version 0.2 fixes a database bug in the installer, and adds real tag filtering in the frames view. Remember to tag those feeds! Adds all the latest fixes at http://www.shokk.com/blog/ up through May 25, 2006.
Sun, 14 May 2006 00:15:11 -0000
MonkeyChow has arrived! MonkeyChow is a *AMP based Feed Aggregator Reader that was branched from FeedOnFeeds. It provides you with advanced features like Social Bookmarks (del.icio.us, Blogger, Newsvine, Technorati, mailto), Article Starring, Feed Tagging, OPML, Article Search, Reblogging and Refeeding, Aging, Dinosaur notification, and Edit feed attributes.
Should run on any platform that supports Apache, MySQL, and PHP, but I have only tested on Linux. An eventual goal will be to provide a Cygwin or Fink based self-contained installation that can be distributed as a standalone reader.
Download the stable release version, or get the latest code through subversion where updating is as easy as typing "svn update" in the code directory.
Sat, 01 Apr 2006 18:42:49 -0000
MonkeyChow will be released soon. For now, see http://www.shokk.com/blog/articles/tag/monkeychow