RSS PHP feedreader (aggregator) script for easy syndication
Last Build Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:22:56 GMT
Copyright: copyright 2003-2004 - Andrei Besleaga
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:22:56 -0700
zFeeder celebrates one year since it's first version.
For all the german speaking people: there is a 3 pages article in INTERNET PROFESSIONELL
Magazine, 08/2004, from VNU Business Publications, Deutschland. There is a bigger article dedicated to RSS and zFeeder has an article where it's installing, administering and usage is extensively covered and there is even a short passage about it's wap capabilities. The script is also included on the magazine's listings CD and as far as I know, it's the first magazine to include it on a CD.
Development it's currently on standby, frozen on version 1.6 and will continue as soon as my free time will permit it.
zFeeder 1.6 released
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:15:55 -0700
- added WAP (wml) support - outputing wml for wap enabled devices;
- fixed a bug when deleting feeds from admin panel, thanks to Felix Rabinovich;
- added alternative login mechanism to admin panel with PHP sessions, thanks to Nicholas from xenomorph.net;
- added a user-agent string for identification when retriving feeds from websites;
- added support for feeds which contain content:encoded items;
Thanks to the people from the forums.
zFeeder 1.5 released
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 05:52:11 -0700
zFeeder 1.5 defines a new field for the template files - a header field which is only included once (at the begining) of zFeeder output and fixes some minor bugs:
- a problem with the ampersands in the URLs (Steve from www.dreamlab.ca);
new template for 1.4
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:26:52 -0800
RJ contributed a template for zFeeder 1.4, with multiple frames. You can preview screenshot
or find it in the downloads section at sourceforge.
Standalone or module, personal aggregator or website feedreader.
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:08:01 -0800
zFeeder has been used so far as an aggregator (even if it does not implement many features of a desktop aggregator) or integrated on websites to provide real-time news (or any other information available as RSS) to visitors. This is possible because it is customizable and you can find the use you want for it. Until now people used it to read their daily news and managed to integrate it standalone or by creating specific modules.
Some examples of modules:
- Bakshi released a module
to integrate zFeeder with WordPress.
- A PHP-Nuke module has been created at NukeDiva
- zFeeder is an integrated part of XHP (eXpandable Home Page)
, personal homepage software CMS.
- Elise has an article
on how to display RSS newsfeeds on a MovableType site.
People like: Laurent, Rachel, Adam have provided great feedback.
Thank you all !
Let me know if you made a module, template, bugfix, etc., so that it can be shared with everyone.
Happy Feedreading !
zFeeder 1.4 launched !
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:01:03 -0800
zFeeder 1.4 supports:
- multiple categories (subscriptions files)
- templates format has been modified to reside in a single file (therefore making it easier to create and modify templates).
- the directory structure, constants and variables names have been changed.
Demo files are included to get you going on how to use and customize it.
Thanks to Laurent (LCX) for the great infojunkie template.
zFeeder 1.3 launched !
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:40:57 -0800
zFeeder 1.3 features:
- online/offline refreshing (via browser or cron)
- separated functions to allow multiple inclusions on the same page (to group newsfeeds or show in multiple templates)
- link in admin panel to validate new added feeds at feedvalidator.org
Thanks goes to Adam Prato for suggestions about it.
New zFeeder template
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:07:26 -0800
RJ has contributed a pure CSS zFeeder template ... you can find it on the downloads section.
You can also see some screenshots here
. There is also a screenshot showing what you can do with windows's active desktop feature, a little html/css knowhow, and zFeeder here
. Yeap, a desktop RSS reader delivering you the latest news, weather or whatever you can find as a RSS source.
zShaped important news !
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:20:37 -0800
zShaped is no longer supported and no future updates/versions should be expected.
zFeeder 1.2 launched !
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:29:13 -0800
zFeeder 1.2 has been launched.
It has no new features, but bugs that were reported by users
- < ? tags were replaced with < ?php for compatibility on hosts where short open tags are off
- output and templates modified to be more XHTML 1.0 Transitional compliant
- subscription file not longer deleted when user has 2 feeds on the same position and doesn't go back to fix it
- fixed the foreach error when no feeds were subscribed
- html variable correction as it has been reported not to work on some servers.