Subscribe: Nick Randolph's .NET Travels
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade A rated
Language: English
application  azure  forms  net standard  states  visual states  visual studio  visual  xamarin forms  xamarin  xaml   
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Nick Randolph's .NET Travels

Nick Randolph's .NET Travels

Continually looking for the yellow brick road so I can catch me a wizard....Join me as I explore the world of cool devices, neat technology and uber geeks. I spend most of my time talking about Microsoft related technologies such as the .NET Framework, SQ


Authentication Redirection Loop with Angular Application and Azure Active Directory

Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:23:24 +0600

Recently we ran in to some difficulty with an Angular application that was being retrofitted into a different environment. During the initial development the Angular application had been pushed to Azure for testing. However, the final resting place for the application was on a on-premises sever. Whilst the switch was relatively painless, with the only major change being to a persistent file storage instead of blob storage, we also had to shift from our development Azure AD tenant (the Angular application, and the associated services, uses Azure AD to authenticate and authorize users), to the client’s Azure AD tenant. This shift required creating two new application registrations within the client’s Azure AD tenant.Unfortunately after creating the new registrations, and updating the Angular application (and the corresponding services), any attempt to log in with valid credentials resulted in a continual loop between the Angular application and the Azure AD login prompt. In this case we were only using Azure AD to authenticate users and other than controlling access to the application services there weren’t any other permissions that users would have to agree to. In the past I’ve posted about how administrators have to grant permission to users within their tenant to access an application (see Usually there is an Azure AD login error when users attempt to sign in. In this case, for some reason we either missed the error message or it was being obscured by the automatic redirection between the Angular application and the Azure AD login prompt. We did end up finding the solution, thanks to the Azure AD team at Microsoft, who quickly identified the error in our Fiddler trace. The critical request/response was:RequestGET ResponseHTTP/1.1 302 Found Location: Object moved

Object moved to Styling the MediaPlayerElement and MediaTransportControls in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Application

Sun, 05 Nov 2017 04:50:45 +0600

In my previous post, Building Media Applications for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) using the MediaPlayerElement, I covered the basics of building a UWP media application using the MediaPlayerElement. Towards the end of the post I showed how you can override some of the built in behaviour but I was yet to show you how you can adjust the visual style of the player or the controls. In this post I’ll do just that, I’ll show you where to find the built in styles and how to start customizing them, including some gotchas that you should be aware of.Ok, let’s get started by looking for the built in styles. Whilst Microsoft now do a good job of documenting the built in styles online (for example the styles and templates for the MediaTransportControls element is defined at, there is nothing like looking at what ships in the platform. For this we go to generic.xaml, typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\DesignTime\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\UAP\10.0.16299.0\Generic – Note that this may vary based on which platform SDK you have installed. Inside generic.xaml I’m going to locate the Style for the MediaPlayerElement: