Preview: Feedreader.com - General talks
Feedreader.com - General talks
New version announcements and general questions
Feedreader 3.08 development release
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:17:28 +0200
We updated 3.08 development release. Quite some bugs are fixed. If you are using 3.08 then please redownload it from here.
Development Feedreader snapshot
Wed, 06 Dec 2006 16:26:40 +0200
We released development snapshot of Feedreader 3.08.
- Some bugs fixed
- Installer bugs fixed
- Reworked unreadcount calculation a little bit. By this we lower the possibility of wrong unreadcount calculation.
- Mark all feeds read - if you triggered it from "all news" or "unread news" and you had a lot of unread articles then unread count updating failed. Now this is fixed.
- New feature - News packages. Basically we are trying to extend feed offerings from default feeds to feeds that are different on any language. This means that english speakers receive their feeds, estonian speakers receive different feeds. Now only thing that is missing is feed packages in every language :).
- New feature - Database information. It shows you some statistics about database, also inactive feeds and problematic feeds.
- New feature - "Open link automatically" can be set globally.
New address for news releases
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:09:31 +0300
From now on we will announce important news under
There's also possibility to subscribe to news by adding address
Feedreader 3.06 released
Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:44:03 +0300
We are announcing Feedreader version 3.06. It's available for download from here.
What's new and changed in Feedreader 3.06
- Opening folders is instant now. In previous versions FR always updated unread counts if folder was opened
- Feedreader is more responsive then updating feeds.
- Feedreader now memorizes opened folders. So you can have multiple folders open and on next startup they will also be open.
- New state of feed available. If there are new items since last time you opened feed, it's icon will have small star in it.
- Feedreader now defaults to one feed update process.If you want multiple feed update processes then it's possible to change this in program connection options.
- Progress is visible when feed update is active.
- If sending article by email all recipient addresses will be saved during the session (easy to send another article to same recipient)
- If emailstyle.xsl exists in stylesheet folder then it's used as style when sending articles by email.
- New options in notification window (how long notification window is displayed and also possibility to use fade in and out in notification window).
- Possibility to mark all news in notification window as read.
- Possibility to turn off automatic marking of newsitem read then viewing it. If you turn of automatic marking then you can use keyboard shortcut Control+q to mark article(s) read.
- New feedreader.ini setup string : dbdirectory=???. If you would like to store main database in some other folder then you can use this definition to tell Feedreader where your database is located
- Fixed bug - Google Mail Atom feed does not work.
- Fixed bug - In earlier versions you just could not create really advanced filters (multiple levels). Now it should be possible
- Fixed bug - Now it's possible to use unicode characters in smartfeed definitions.
- Fixed multiple bugs - Unread count calculating.
- Fixed multiple bugs – Memory leaks.
Statistics - Feedreader usage in the world
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:55:43 +0300
We compiled special page where you can see Feedreader usage sorted by countries. If you are interested, just click here.
Also I'd like to thank all translators who made possible using Feedreader in native languages.
If anybody is interested. Feedreader 3.06 Release Candidate
Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:15:18 +0300
Is available from here.
Changes and additions:
- Google Mail Atom feed works now
- We have changed some logic and opening folders is instant now. In previous versions FR always update unread counts if folder is opened
- Logic change also made Feedreader more responsive then updating feeds.
- Feedreader now memorizes opened folders. So you can have multiple folders opened and on next startup they will also open.
- We have introduced new state of feed. If there are some new items since last time you opened this feed, it will be shown as underlined. Just take a look at it and you get the point :).
- Now it's possible to tell in program options if you want multiple update processes or just one. Some users were complaining that on startup Feedreader takes too much of processor time if it checks for feed updates. Now you can just limit FR to one upate process.
- Progress is being shown if feed update is active
- if sending article by email all recipient addresses will be memorized during the session (easy to send another article to same recipient)
- if emailstyle.xsl exists in stylesheet folder then it's used as style then sending articles by email.
Please report showstopper bugs in this thread.
Feedreader 3.02 released
Mon, 22 May 2006 22:53:30 +0300
* Right to left reading support added
* Limited user account support
* Faster and more resource-efficient startup
* Improved feed parsing
* Frequent actions as buttons in header
* Now it's possible to press "Next unread" and jump to next unread feed if there are no more unread articles in current feed
* "Mark all read" menuitem when "All news" is selected
* More options available in advanced settings
* Persian,Hebrew,Slovenian translation added