Subscribe: alt tags
http://feeds.feedburner.com/AltTags
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
Tags:
content  essentials video  migration  new year  new  series  site  system  training videos  training  videos  web  wordpress  working  year 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: alt tags

Alt Tags



Accessibility and Web Standards



Last Build Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:46:11 +0000

 



Learn More About WordPress

Thu, 21 Jan 2016 00:45:10 +0000

It’s no secret we’re big fans of WordPress. And yet every time we write about it here we get the inevitable question from readers: What is WordPress? Given that over 25% of all websites are built with WordPress, the question is always a little surprising (unless you’re in the other 75%, I suppose). At any rate, our […]



WP Apprentice Coupon Code

Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:46:45 +0000

A quick post today to tell you about a special discount on WordPress Training videos for AltTags readers. Save 25% on the WordPress Essentials video training series, just use the discount code alttags25 on the checkout page. The WP Essentials video series includes over 50 in-depth training videos. Plus, they’ve just added a bonus one […]



WordPress Training Videos

Sat, 24 Jul 2010 03:13:05 +0000

It’s been awfully quite around this site lately. That’s mostly because I’ve been busy working on a never-ending stream of client projects. An increasing number of those projects involve using WordPress in some context. After coaching numerous clients on the intricacies of WordPress, I started to wonder if there might not be a better way […]



AJAX Hall of Shame: MarketWatch Reinvents The Blink Tag

Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:30:38 +0000

A few weeks ago I happened to make the mistake of catching up on some financial news before finishing my first cup of coffee. I followed a link to a story on MarketWatch.com that immediately made me begin to feel queasy. As I stared at the page in my partially caffeinated state it appeared that […]



Content Migration: Making It Successful

Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:01:40 +0000

I’d like to talk for a moment about what I call the Content Migration Fantasy. In this fantasy, an experienced team lead by a tough-yet-wise project manager ports legacy content to a new system. This being a fantasy, the work is done quickly and efficiently, due, in no small part, to a brilliantly executed content […]



Five Steps To A Better Website In The New Year

Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:11:34 +0000

The New Year is the perfect time to bring a fresh perspective to your website. Whether you’re planning a major site redesign in the coming year, or you’ve just finished one in the old year, there are a number of things you can do to improve the quality of your site. Give Your Content Some […]



The Simpsons For The Visually Impaired

Fri, 20 May 2005 15:53:58 +0000

When explaining web accessibility to the uninitiated I find that it sometimes helps to apply the concept to other mediums. Here’s an example I hadn’t thought of before. Imagine trying to watch The Simpsons without actually watching The Simpsons. Each episode has a million little sight gags and visual clues that fly by so quickly […]



The Content Inventory: Roadmap to a Successful CMS Implementation

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:10:36 +0000

The sad truth about many CMS implementations is that not nearly enough time is spent working with content. All too often, organizations get wrapped up in issues related to technology and design, forgetting what the system is supposed to be managing. It’s easy to avoid focusing on content when you have no idea what it […]



Wild Information: Content in Its Native Environment

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:21:31 +0000

Sometimes it feels like the most neglected aspect of implementing a content management system is . . . the content. Content development and migration pose a variety of challenges, and we’ve’ve written a series of articles discussing these issues. This critical look at preparing content for the web will help you create a plan for […]



Accessible Folksonomies

Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:51:11 +0000

I’ve been working with web technology for over a decade now and I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed an idea gain mindshare as rapidly as the Folksonomy has. It seems like everywhere I turn someone is discussing this new categorization system. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, a folksonomy is basically […]