Preview: Inderscience news
News from Inderscience Publishers: publishers of distinguished academic, scientific and professional journals in business, environment, engineering, information technology and more.
Special issue published: "Fostering Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainability"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management 20(5/6) 2016
Extended versions of papers presented at the International Conference on Management Cases 2015.
- Incubation manager roles in the co-innovation context
- Instabilities in international joint ventures: a study of the Tata DoCoMo case
- From local gardens to the national market: the case of cut flowers in Kathmandu
- Attributes influencing buying of residential apartments
- "I have ideas but I don't want to say them aloud." Employee-driven innovation discourses at a retail chain store
- Vini Cosmetics: the blue ocean strategy to unlock new markets and boost profits
- Determinants of brand equity in digital satellite television services: evidence from Dish Home of Nepal
- Expanding the board's contribution to corporate social responsibility
- India Machinery Stores: a burgeoning success story of an entrepreneur
- The 'privileged witness': advising scientists to start research-based spin-offs
- Agri-business of the Best Cold Storage - a case study
Special issue published: "Behaviours in Emerging Services"
International Journal of Services Technology and Management 22(6) 2016
Extended versions of papers presented at the 14th Wuhan International Conference on E-Business 2015.
- Impact of design elements on performance in online innovation contests: contest sequence as a moderator
- How should search ads platform balance ads quality and quantity: comparison between business search and community search ads
- Impact of marketing channel caused by relationship marketing of online social network
- How to counteract negative effect of adverse selection in Chinese e-commerce market? Comparative analysis on credit scoring system and guarantee system of TAOBAO
- Design and analysis of the artificial bee colony algorithms for domain-oriented QoS-aware service composition
Special issue published: "Wine"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business 29(4) 2016
- How can a wine grower articulate the different types of time: the time of the weather, the economic time, and the human time?
- Passion over pragmatism: the motivation of Australian winery owners
- Congruency between colour and shape of the front labels of wine: effects on fluency and aroma and quality perceptions
- Non-personal and personal determinants of red wine purchase rather than other wines among Chinese consumers: modelling multilevel and cross-level interactions
- A study of the performance of fine wine on the Swiss market
- Financial market contagion and fine wines: the evidence of the ADCC GARCH model
- International entrepreneurship, export planning and export performance: evidence from a sample of winemaking SMEs
- Analysis of the determinants of export modes used by French wine businesses
- The horizon problem in Bordeaux wine cooperatives
Special issue published: "Reconfigurable Computing in Wireless Networks"
International Journal of Information and Communication Technology 9(4) 2016
- Localised multi-root node mesh model for seamless handover in wireless personal networks
- Mitigation of ionospheric scintillations for GPS signals under geomagnetic storm conditions using LMS adaptive filter
- On the construction of localised topology structures in wireless networks
- Priority-based quality of service guaranteed radio resource allocation in long term evolution network
- Projective plane-based key pre-distribution by key copying and exchanging based on connected dominating set in distributed wireless sensor networks
- Fountain codes based on modulo and neural network
- Selfish node detection based on evidence by trust authority and selfish replica allocation in DANET
- EEG-based motor imagery classification in BCI system by using unscented Kalman filter
Call for papers: "Coping with Uncertainty in Complex Socio-Economic Systems"
For a special issue
of the International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics
Economies are sophisticated social systems characterised by pervasive uncertainty, which makes agents’ behaviours and systemic outcomes difficult to predict. The study of such systems thus requires new datasets and more reliable statistical techniques. This is a necessary requirement for enabling policymakers to assess and regulate economic performance vis-à-vis uncertainty.
This special issue aims to attract papers to raise a rigorous scientific debate on the many interconnections between uncertainty and socio-economic performance, by focusing on the tools offered by modern quantitative socio-economic science.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Measuring and communicating uncertainty
- Uncertainty propagation in relational systems
- Sensitivity analysis and robustness methods
- Network dynamics and resilience
- Agent-based and game-theory modelling of uncertain environments
- Risk analysis
- Chaotic socio-economic systems
- Causal inference and identification under uncertainty
- Time series analysis and forecasting techniques
- Big data analysis
Submission of manuscripts: 20 November, 2016
Notification to authors: 15 January, 2017
Final versions due: 15 May, 2017
Call for papers: "Wireless Networks and the Internet of Things"
For a special issue
of the International Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions
Relevant technologies and benchmarks related to wireless sensor networks (WSNs) have developed considerably over the past few years. Earlier wireless sensor networks found some commercial success in applications such as smart metering systems, and the Internet of Things (IoT) standard has progressively expanded to cover applications in many daily life contexts.
The standard now encompasses several technologies beyond intelligent technologies, while the internet continuously advances our expectations of permanent interaction with the physical environment. In addition, performance evaluation is an important factor, with diverse approaches ranging from mathematical analysis and statistical simulations to new technologies analysis. Each of them has its own unique advantages and disadvantages for different application areas.
This special issue on technological advances in WSNs enabling diverse applications such as consumer IoT or industrial IoT will focus on the latest research and applications in this area, and on the adoption of WSNs from perspectives ranging from the physical layer to the application layer. They include, for instance, cost, security and privacy, perceived reliability, maintenance, efficient data aggregation and processing.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Network design issues for consumer IoT
- Network design
- Real-time and fault tolerance issues
- Programming tools for diverse IoT applications
- Verification and validation methodologies
- Prototypes, debugging
- Distribution and auto-localisation
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in WSNs
- WSN architecture
- Wireless sensor network protocols
- Wireless sensor network algorithms
- Modelling and simulation
- Communication in wireless sensor networks
- Wireless sensor networks for industrial and other applications
- Malware and attacked targets
- Network traffic fingerprinting and attacks
- Social networking forensics
Submission of manuscripts: 30 May, 2017
Notification to authors: 30 August, 2017
Final versions due: 30 October, 2017
Special issue published: "Global Aviation Industry: Challenges and Opportunities"
International Journal of Aviation Management 3(2/3) 2016
Extended versions of papers presented at the 18th Air Transport Research Society World Conference (ATRS).
- Aviation climate resilience: clarifying the impacts and identifying the barriers
- Indebtedness and bankruptcy costs in the airline industry
- Fifth freedom airline network expansion: the case of Emirates flying between Germany and the USA
- The effects of the airline strategic alliance group on member airlines' productivity during pre-mature stage
- A Kano analysis on the adoption of self-service bag drops at Singapore Changi Airport
- Allocating runway costs using a user-pay and average-cost approach: application to Taiwanese airports
- A consideration on the impact of HSR on the aviation sector in view of the recent Japanese case
- A strategy for alleviating aviation shortages through the recruitment of women
Special issue published: "Vehicle Safety and Performance"
International Journal of Vehicle Performance 2(4) 2016
- A hierarchical integrated chassis control strategy based on wheel force feedback
- Cargo securement methods and vehicle braking performance
- Analysis of the impact of a detached heavy trailer against a concrete median barrier
- Multi-input multi-output intelligent modelling techniques and application to human driver
- Coordinated control of active steering and active roll control systems for enhanced vehicle lateral dynamics
Call for papers: "Quality of Logistics Services and Countries’ Governance"
For a special issue
of the International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling
The objective of this special issue is to publish high-quality articles by leading experts on quality of logistics services and countries’ governance. Furthermore, the carefully selected articles, through rigorous double-blind refereeing, will help both domestic and international organisations to identify the challenges and opportunities they face for their performance in trade, logistics and supply chains, and what they can do to improve this performance.
Improving business performance and supply chain management is a cross-cutting and complex evolving agenda that is constantly changing with developments in technology, business processes and trade policies. We seek to explore cutting-edge methods in modelling, characterising and building high-quality logistics services and good governance.
The need to study and document the critical technical, security, legal, cultural and risk issues of logistics and supply chains confronting many countries is paramount in this highly competitive environment. The special issue will also serve as a platform to facilitate international research and industrial collaboration to examine the multifaceted topics related to governance and quality of logistics services.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Theories and models that integrate quality logistics and supply chain governance
- Conceptual frameworks for sustainable quality logistics and supply chains and governance
- Empirical examinations of the role of quality logistics and supply chains and good governance
- Interdisciplinary analyses of technical and cultural interactions in logistics and supply chains
- Impact of trade agreements on quality logistics and strategic practices involving governance
- Cross-country governance and quality of logistics and supply chain comparison
- Transportation optimisation and global logistical networks
- Enterprise resource planning and ERP for quality logistics and good governance
- Governance of logistics network security; risk in a globalised supply network
Submission of manuscripts: 31 March, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 June, 2017
Final versions due: 1 August, 2017
Special issue published: "Digital Human Crowd Modelling and Simulation"
International Journal of the Digital Human 1(3) 2016
- Crowd simulation: a video observation and agent-based modelling approach
- Human crowd evacuation framework and analysis using look-ahead-based reinforcement learning algorithm
- Elderly and fire safety: using serious games to elicit human behaviour in evacuation scenarios
- Space time of crowd evacuation from a room with two exits
- Simulation of herding behaviour in panic evacuation from a room with two exits
- Merging the point clouds of the head and ear by using the iterative closest point method
Special issue published: "Environmental Implications of Mining and Mineral Processing: Crucial Economic Development and Environmental Issues"
International Journal of Environment and Pollution 59(2/3/4) 2016
- Heavy metal pollution and accumulation in maize grown in arable soils located near a lead and zinc slag heap in Yunnan, Southwest China
- Ecosystem quality assessment of an aquatic habitat in a globally important boron reserve: Emet Stream Basin (Turkey)
- Modelling of chemical grout column permeated by water in transparent soil
- Mechanical properties and failure mechanism of cemented red clay under chemical erosion environment
- Mitigating mine subsidence dynamically to minimise impacts on farmland and water resources: a case study
- An experimental investigation on the permeability of chemically grouted sands and its application for mitigating underground sand and water inrushes
- Image processing for erosion control of open-pit mines
- The simulation of mine solid waste generation in Panzhihua City based on system dynamics
- CFD modelling of dust dispersion in a room-and-pillar mining area
- Safety and environmental implications of coal mining
- Solidification characteristics and mechanisms of cement treated Pb/Zn contaminated soils from a mining site in Hunan Province, China
- Fuzzy comprehensive evaluation of landslide caused by underground mining subsidence and its monitoring