Subscribe: Comments on Just Energy: A Good Deal?
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/just-energy/comments/atom.xml
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade C rated
Language:
Tags:
bill  company  don  door  energy  good  hey  information  make  money  people  rate  read  sales  scam  signed  time 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Comments on Just Energy: A Good Deal?

Comments on Just Energy: A Good Deal?





Updated: 2010-05-11T02:00:30Z

 



you people are sick....just let the energy company do its thing....i'm actuallly with just energy and i love it....u people...

2012-08-07T13:01:02Z

you people are sick....just let the energy company do its thing....i'm actuallly with just energy and i love it....u people...

you people are sick....just let the energy company do its thing....i'm actuallly with just energy and i love it....u people are freaking out for nothing....give it a try..READ YOUR RIGHTS...STOP FREAKING OUT FOR NOTHING..GESHHH...YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING STUPID STORIES AND BELIEVING THAT THEY MIGHT BE REAL....IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOT EFFECTED BY JUST ENEGRY'S "SCAM" THAN DONT GO POSTINH STUFF UP ONLINE TO FREAK OTHER PEOPLE OUT!!!




They came to my door today. It sounded good, but I was on my way to work and in a...

2012-08-07T13:01:02Z

They came to my door today. It sounded good, but I was on my way to work and in a...

They came to my door today. It sounded good, but I was on my way to work and in a hurry. I signed the paper work and the woman made a call on my phone so I could talk to them and confirm it (I believe?). I was running late for work though and the more I thought about it the more hesitant I was since I didn't really know about it. Being in the hurry I was I told the woman I had to leave so she hung up the phone and gave me all the copies back of the paper I signed. I never personally talked to someone on the phone to confirm. Am I safe? Or is there any way they could have still signed me up?




Des...you are mercifly free of the ravages of intelligence...kudos for standing up for a well know scam company...these guys are...

2012-08-06T03:51:33Z

Des...you are mercifly free of the ravages of intelligence...kudos for standing up for a well know scam company...these guys are...

Des...you are mercifly free of the ravages of intelligence...kudos for standing up for a well know scam company...these guys are scum and you are one with them...congrats capital L...




I'm sorry to read of these incidents and hope to shed a little light on the topic. I am an...

2012-08-02T03:16:16Z

I'm sorry to read of these incidents and hope to shed a little light on the topic. I am an...

I'm sorry to read of these incidents and hope to shed a little light on the topic. I am an Independent Marketing Representative for Momentis Marketing which is owned by Just Energy which in it's defense is not a scam and sounds like it has been abused by some bad representatives or individual scammers. As a Momentis representative the primary focus is multilevel network marketing in which you utilize your network of friends, family, and people you know to either teach them how to work the business or help them save money on domestic commodities they are already paying for. It is against company policy and is prohibited for representatives to cold call or go door to door to people they do not know for the advancements of their individual business.

Just Energy is a Canadian company that was introduced to the U.S. two years ago and has just opened up in UK. It is a publicly traded company with 3 billion in revenue thus far and has become one of the top 3 companies in the world to work for with it's small business owner system.




THANK U SO MUCH,. and yes I made 3 comments rather than one because of how nervous I got! seeing...

2012-08-02T03:16:16Z

THANK U SO MUCH,. and yes I made 3 comments rather than one because of how nervous I got! seeing...

THANK U SO MUCH,. and yes I made 3 comments rather than one because of how nervous I got! seeing they signed JUST YESTERDAY,. we will call asap & I am even thinking of going personally to the office & giving them my 2 cents
I don't know I'm confused
& these people that are (((pro JUST energy))) are just probably sales reps protecting there scam,. CUT N PASTING THERE NONSENSE
---> makes Me so angry
and yes USA!




Heather: I combined your 3 comments into a single comment. In many places, consumers have the option for a brief...

2012-08-02T03:16:16Z

Heather: I combined your 3 comments into a single comment. In many places, consumers have the option for a brief...

Heather:

I combined your 3 comments into a single comment. In many places, consumers have the option for a brief time period (e.g., 3, 7, or 30 days) to cancel any door-to-door sales. Whatever you decide, it is wise to know the rules and consumers' rights. If you live in the USA, check with the consumer protection agency in the state where you live for details. Good luck.

George
Editor
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com




Well I've read a few pages of all the reviews and you mostly get the impression that this company is...

2012-07-31T12:09:20Z

Well I've read a few pages of all the reviews and you mostly get the impression that this company is...

Well I've read a few pages of all the reviews and you mostly get the impression that this company is represented by rude misguided door to door sales reps who lie and don't easily volunteer valuable information.

I came to this blog because I got hired and was eager to see customer reviews. It was important to me because I wish to join an environmentally friendly and wholesome company. The potential to save money was the cherry on top as I saw it no way as to why someone could refuse.

Now I feel a good portion of the hate replies are stemmed from poor interaction with the reps (or people who just plain hate being bothered.)
I am concerned with what some people say. Hidden service fees fraudulant reports/complaints but i will attend the training tomorrow to further investigate this companies worthiness.

I understand that most people signed up to this company under the impression that its going to save them money. THat is a possibility, but it is the responsibility of the client to monitor the markets to see if the potential was there and that was only assuming that they joined JE to save money and not to the environment.

I was pleased to read reviews from district managers who took reponsibility in telling the customer where it was possible for the customer to save or not, she said that she was instantly able to tell if the person could save money of not from looking at the energy bill. Also I was pleased to find out that you can switch to the vari- program if the market seems to be eating you alive and you don't want to cancel and pay the extra cancel fee.

Also It is a little mischievous for the sales rep to say that they are with the utility company but in a small shade of light they are. Since all energy providers work through the principle utility provider of the area, I feel the utility company is obligated to let their customer base know of the alternatives especially if their green.

If I could afford it i would be 100% renewable with no energy company but for now i need to live on the grid. And I believe that the true spirit of the company is in its environmental measures and I condemn any of you attacking this company when your fueled from monetary loss. OF course assuming that this company does conduct itself with the environment as a big priority.

I will be back tomorrow to update you all on my experience in the training.




hello I need an answer,. today my parents had a man - with a badge - JUST ENERGY come knocking...

2012-07-31T12:09:20Z

hello I need an answer,. today my parents had a man - with a badge - JUST ENERGY come knocking...

hello I need an answer,. today my parents had a man - with a badge - JUST ENERGY come knocking - forcefully asked for there electric bill,. we heard his rants and raves,. and yes my mother signed AHHHHHHHHH OMGGGGG,.
now I'm sitting here
something crossed my mind to google
"is just energy a scam"
and all I see is horror stories

LUCKILY (if n e luck) they didn't give any checking account access to there $$ money &&& and the man said 2 weeks for a letter of approval or not,...... can they call tomoro and cancel OR R THEY TOO LATE?????? PLZ help
thanks!!!!!

Their office is in Chelsea Massachusetts; and are circling BOSTON area right now. I am so mad. I am praying my parents didn't get scammed. ugh'

And to make the situation MORE BIZARRE, the man smoked about 4-5 cigarettes on the back deck!!!!
WTF were we thinking =[




The ass liking bottem feeders..." how they do protest to loadly " ... HAHAHA ...

2012-07-30T00:59:34Z

The ass liking bottem feeders..." how they do protest to loadly " ... HAHAHA ...

The ass liking bottem feeders..." how they do protest to loadly " ... HAHAHA ...




First, Henry, thank you for your voice of reason in this sea of irrational posters. Second, thank you for the...

2012-07-28T04:51:23Z

First, Henry, thank you for your voice of reason in this sea of irrational posters. Second, thank you for the...First, Henry, thank you for your voice of reason in this sea of irrational posters. Second, thank you for the reply George. I figured you would since this is your blog after all. Interestingly you didn't respond to any of what I said in the first post and instead chose to respond only to portions of the second post. I assume this means you basically understand and agree with the majority of my first post? I will respond to your concerns about my second post and identity theft/sensitive data. I live in Canada so there is a bit of a difference, but not much of one in identity theft concern. The reason I mentioned that I worked for a bank is because they have what would likely be considered the most sensitive data consumers could have. It also gives me intimate knowledge of how identity theft and other fraud is done and how it is combated. I took dozens of courses on this working for the bank and it was mandatory. Their standards were certainly more stringent than working for Just Energy. The point is that I probably understand the issues surrounding sensitive data more than you and your impressions are simply false and would be viewed as highly paranoid by most people and institutions. This is coming from a socialist by the way, so I have little to no trust in corporations and the current state in both Canada and the US. Just because one obscure court in one insignificant state in the US ruled that postal codes is sensitive data does not make it so, and you would be hard pressed to find any lawyers or rational citizens to agree with you. I could find your postal code so easily that it is isn't even funny. Never mind searching databases or hacking, I could simply approach your front door and look at your mail. Anything blatantly displayed in the public eye cannot be considered sensitive information, use your common sense. The reason it is hard to convince someone like you is that you have an incredibly jaded view of the severity and seriousness of identity theft, and I won't likely dispel your paranoia with a thread post. The fact of the matter is the overwhelming majority of people are not concerned with it because it rarely happens and almost nobody ever gets away with it. Sure, it has caused a few people a hassle now and again, having to prove who they are and have accounts changed and cards reissued, but we have so much security in place for this these days that it is a purely time wasting bureaucratic inconvenience at this point. Have you ever even known anyone to have their identity stolen? It is maybe one in a million people at absolute most. There are many things you should be fearing far more than this. You are much more likely to get hit by a car today than have anyone give a crap about your postal code or how much energy you use. No proper court would rule this information sensitive, the very notion is ludicrous. Your utility account number is also meaningless and simply identifies the meter on your house. Please explain to me what even the most devious person who has a vendetta against you could do with any of this information. I would love to know. Also, regarding bank security, you are wrong. They have the best security in the world and it would be easier to hack the CIA than a bank. Nobody has ever hacked a bank and got away with it. The bank I worked for is an American bank who outsources work to Canada. So I am aware of the regulations on banks and the American banking system. I could have looked up all of your data any time I wanted, right down to what you buy, where you buy it, and when you buy it. Credit scores, all your personal data, financial information, the whole bit. Background checks (as in police [...]



Bobby: Ha! Much Devin's comments read like a modified list of talking points written by a PR department rep. I...

2012-07-28T04:51:23Z

Bobby: Ha! Much Devin's comments read like a modified list of talking points written by a PR department rep. I...

Bobby:

Ha! Much Devin's comments read like a modified list of talking points written by a PR department rep. I am amazed at how many comments by people self-identifying themselves as JE sales reps will insult prospective customers. Everything I read in Marketing 101 in MBA school advised against this. Just my impressions...

George
Editor
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com




Devin: Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such a detailed comment. Thanks for confirming the independent contractor...

2012-07-28T04:51:23Z

Devin: Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such a detailed comment. Thanks for confirming the independent contractor...Devin: Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such a detailed comment. Thanks for confirming the independent contractor status of the sales reps. I agree with you: bad sales people make it worse for everyone, both good sales people and consumers. I would like to address a few of your comments. You wrote: >... there are several good reasons for looking at the bill. > 1. If you don't deal with the bill somehow (as with some renters) > then we won't waste time and will move on. Just ask. Like most people, I know whether I rent or own. > 2. If you are already with another supplier then we don't bother, > and again will move on quickly. > 3. We need to see if you are on the time-of-day > usage scheme (as some areas still aren't) as this will greatly > effect what we can offer you. I know what I pay per kwh for electricity and per therm for gas; and who provides both. I know the rates for generation versus distribution. And, I keep historical bills to see how prices fluctuate during the past year. So, all I need is a sales person to quote a rate to me, rather than insist on seeing my bill. > 4. We need to see if you are getting a green credit from the > government, as this will also effect what we can offer you. Just footnote these exceptions in a quote, like all other companies do. > 5. Some people are not eligible and we need to > see the bill to confirm this. Who isn't eligible? Please clarify. > 6. Most people don;t understand or even really pay attention to > the bill and it is easiest if we can just look at it together... Maybe this is based on your experiences, but it sounds like you are making generalizations about consumers not paying attention, while in your comments you criticized consumers for making generalizations about sales people. Hmmmm. Sounds a little hypocritical to me. And, I have poked holes in most of your reasons. > Once we look at the bill it isn't hard to make the "sale" (not > technically a sale) because it is usually quite obvious if > they would likely save with Just Energy or if they would have > about the same bill but without the time of day restrictions > affecting their lifestyles... Of course it isn't hard. You see the rate the consumer is paying. Duh! Most businesses post their prices upfront. Ads on the Web, tv, radio, or in print all quote their prices upfront, and then let the consumer do the comparison. Why can't JE do the same, and quote a price upfront without seeing the bill first? > ...there is no sensitive data on the bill. I suppose the word > 'sensitive' is somewhat ambiguous, but most people, as well > as the government and any financial institution, would > not consider your name, address, and your energy usage details > as sensitive information. The account number with your local utility > is on there, but nothing can be done with that. What? Here in the USA, a Massachusetts court disagreed with you. Zip Codes are PII: http://www.thesecuretimes.com/2012/01/massachusetts_court_holds_that.php And as you may know, Zip Codes are part of a consumer's address. Plus, the statute here in Massachusetts disagrees with you, as the consumer's name is clearly Personal Information when combined with other data elements such as account numbers: http://www.mass.gov/ocabr/docs/idtheft/201cmr1700reg.pdf A leading international law firm advised its clients: "... the definition of “personal information” reaches a wide range of records commonly kept by organizations in many different industries, such as records[...]



They're starting to write essays now? hahha

2012-07-26T14:20:22Z

They're starting to write essays now? hahha

They're starting to write essays now? hahha




I totally agree with the above poster, Devin. This isn't a scam at all. A scam implies that there is...

2012-07-26T14:20:22Z

I totally agree with the above poster, Devin. This isn't a scam at all. A scam implies that there is...I totally agree with the above poster, Devin. This isn't a scam at all. A scam implies that there is something fraudulent or otherwise illegal about it. There is nothing fraudulent or illegal about what this company does. Do the contractors (sales people) use carefully chosen words to convince you? Of course they do. It's called marketing and every business that has ever been successful in the history of the world has done this. All ads on tv, the internet, newspaper, radio, junk mail, etc. use gimmicks to get people interested. As long as they don;t technically lie then it is legal and they all take advantage of pushing to laws to the furthest extent. Door-to-door energy sales is the same. Have any agents for this company or other companies ever committed fraud or lied to get people to sign up? I'm sure this has happened many times. Are there avenues of recourse for this built into the law? Yes, of course, and the company as well as individual contractors have paid fines in these cases. Do government energy boards have safety nets to protect people? Yes, they regulate every energy company and they have strict laws concerning your right to end the contract if anything was fraudulent or misleading, or if you simply don;t like the service after you get your first bill. You can cancel up to 30 days after getting your first bill without paying nay fees. I had someone from Just Energy come to my door. I politely listened to them and asked questions like I do with any sales person (unless I'm too busy). I carefully considered the deal and decided it was likely enough a good move to at least try it. Hey, if I didn't like it then the worst that would happen is I would switch right back and maybe pay a slightly high bill for one month. I read all of the paperwork and asked enough questions to completely understand how it worked. I knew nothing about the energy business and after the Just Energy person left I understood it quite well. If I hadn't I wouldn't have signed up. I feel confident in myself to know what I am doing and I don't blame sales people or companies for my own foolish mistakes. If the product or service is as was represented, then they have done nothing wrong. If I didn't understand it properly and signed up then it is my own fault. If you are afraid to sign up then you are just afraid of your own ignorance and inability to make a smart and informed decision. This is what this whole issue really comes down to. Of course you have the right to ignore all advertisement and just research all the deals and offers yourself, but most people are too busy or lazy to do this and end up just buying whatever seems easiest. If you are rich then you can afford this, but most people need all the help they can get to seek out the best deals. That is why it is worth it to hear people out who offer deals now and again. Make sure you understand what you are doing when you take up an offer. Educate yourself to find the best deals and avoid the bad deals. Understand the energy business. Devin above does a pretty good job of explaining it, in brief at least. Do more research online. Or don't and let the local utility charge you whatever and just accept that you might not be getting the best package. Anyway, as I said I signed up with Just Energy because I looked over the bill with the nice gentleman at my door and we worked out that I would likely save a little based on my current usage. I would also no longer need to worry about when I use my power, which is really their main selling point. I was not p[...]



Also, just so you know, there are several good reasons for looking at the bill. 1. If you don't deal...

2012-07-24T13:07:16Z

Also, just so you know, there are several good reasons for looking at the bill. 1. If you don't deal...Also, just so you know, there are several good reasons for looking at the bill. 1. If you don't deal with the bill somehow (as with some renters) then we won't waste time and will move on. 2. If you are already with another supplier then we don't bother, and again will move on quickly. 3. We need to see if you are on the time-of-day usage scheme (as some areas still aren't) as this will greatly effect what we can offer you. 4. We need to see if you are getting a green credit from the government, as this will also effect what we can offer you. 5. Some people are not eligible and we need to see the bill to confirm this. 6. Most epople don;t understand or even really pay attention to the bill and it is easiest if we can just look at it together. I don't mind if the customer just looks at the bill but it is usually easier for me to quickly look it over. 7. Believe it or not I don't try to offer signing up a customer who wouldn't likely benefit from the service. I am even doing the math for them by looking at the bill and seeing what time of day they use energy and how much they use and determining if it would make sense for them to choose us as a supplier. Once we look at the bill it isn't hard to make the "sale" (not technically a sale) because it is usually quite obvious if they would likely save with Just Energy or if they would have about the same bill but without the time of day restrictions affecting their lifestyles. The offer sells itself and people don't get that until we sort of "force" them to check the numbers, which most people are too lazy or scared to do. 8. There is no point in going into any further detail until we see the bill based on reasons 1-7 above. We don't want to waste your time or ours. 9. Despite what you think, there is no sensitive data on the bill. I suppose the word 'sensitive' is somewhat ambiguous, but most people, as well as the government and any financial institution, would not consider your name, address, and your energy usage details as sensitive information. The account number with your local utility is on there, but nothing can be done with that. I used to work for a bank, I have a good grasp on these things. I saw way WAY more information than this on anyone in the banks database on a regular basis and still could not really do anything with it without getting in serious legal trouble. Just Energy hires people just like a bank does and you are just as traceable and liable. So as you can see, asking for the bill is perfectly reasonable and in fact necessary to continue the conversation. Of course you don;t have to show it to them or get it at all, but if you want to hear about how you can save money and see the numbers with your own eyes using your own bill as evidence, then I suggest you show it to them. There is nothing wrong with someone coming to your house and asking to see a bill as part of their presentation to you about what they can offer you. If you don't want to do it, that is of course your decision, but don't complain about it like there is something underhanded about it because there isn't. When did everyone get so paranoid and afraid of normal regular people? I mean I can see it being a little different in some neighbourhoods in New York or something, but I am in Waterloo, ON, Canada. Answer your door like a normal person and have a nice, normal, safe, respectful talk with someone who for all you know lives in your neighbourhood. Who knows, you might even enjoy it. I have genuine pleasant co[...]



Here is my post I wrote on someone else's blog about this. It was directed at them, but is relevant...

2012-07-24T13:07:16Z

Here is my post I wrote on someone else's blog about this. It was directed at them, but is relevant...Here is my post I wrote on someone else's blog about this. It was directed at them, but is relevant to his blog. I cut out the part asking if the person wanted to meet with me to discuss it as they were in Waterloo like me but most people on here likely are not: My name is Devin and I am currently an independent contractor who is hired by Just Energy Group in Waterloo, ON. I am very displeased to hear of your terrible experience with these particular contractors and with the company in general. I haven't been working with the company for long, but I am older than many contractors they have and much more educated, so I very quickly gained a grasp of what they do. I have a degree in moral philosophy, which clearly does not guarantee that I am an ethical person, but it does allow me to give a better than average judgement of business practices. I read through your post about Just Energy in detail (I found it doing my own research on the company) and from what I can tell your real complaint is not really with the company itself but with the practices and behaviour with individual sales persons. The company is legitimate, have over 8 million customers in North America, and is publicly traded. They are bound by all the same laws as any other energy company in Canada. The company is not deceptive itself and all of the information they give in brochures, forms, and their website is accurate. What you experienced was the reality of the nature of sales and of the nature of independent contractors. The company hires people in this way for legal liability reasons, and so that they only pay commissions. Also, some people are pretty desperate for work (myself included) and are doing this work because it is hard to earn their living. The good contractors (like myself) are going about it honestly, which believe it or not can be done. I have never signed up anyone with making everything clear and without being sure the customer understood completely what they were getting into (well to the best of their ability anyway). Some of these sales people actually make more money than you think (some people I work with bring in 6 digits AFTER taxes doing this), and so the person you spoke with may not have been lying that he enjoys his work. Personally I am doing this to help me get by for now and help raise money to go back to school to get a master's in social work. Unfortunately, bad sales people make my job harder, and so I am just as displeased with your experience as you are. If you will consider my perspective on this for a moment you might see things a little differently. From my perspective I am legally approaching potential customers to present them with a legitimate service on a deregulated commodity that could save them money and give them the convenience of not needing to pay attention to when they use power in their home. I welcome people who ask a lot of questions and make sure to understand before they sign the contract because these people are at least listening to me and considering the offer. I also like this because it ensures for me that they are confident enough in themselves to consider an offer and potential take it if they like it. From my perspective it is the responsibility of the customer to understand what they are getting into before signing and later confirming. Many people turn me away without even listening, or turn me away because they are afraid of being taken advantage of. This doesn't really bother me personally, but I do find it odd behaviour. Wh[...]



I had a man come to my door last Thursday. He was from Justenergy. He gave me the impression that...

2012-07-24T13:07:16Z

I had a man come to my door last Thursday. He was from Justenergy. He gave me the impression that...

I had a man come to my door last Thursday. He was from Justenergy. He gave me the impression that he was working for a public interest group and that he was going around as a service to NYSEG customers.I wasn't feeling well and tried to excuse myself. He would not let me go. Then I FAINTED! The man helped me up and continued his sales pitch!

I am so glad I decided to look this company up because I was almost convinced but was put off by the fact that he didn't stop the sales pitch after I fainted.




And by the way...They are now under the name Hudson Gas...selling in Saskatchewan, alberta, ontario...new name,,,same scammmmmm

2012-07-22T14:41:57Z

And by the way...They are now under the name Hudson Gas...selling in Saskatchewan, alberta, ontario...new name,,,same scammmmmm

And by the way...They are now under the name Hudson Gas...selling in Saskatchewan, alberta, ontario...new name,,,same scammmmmm




thank you George for your truthful voice...all the little men suggesting that just energy saves you money...are very small indeed......

2012-07-22T14:41:57Z

thank you George for your truthful voice...all the little men suggesting that just energy saves you money...are very small indeed......

thank you George for your truthful voice...all the little men suggesting that just energy saves you money...are very small indeed... pretending the lies are true to rationalize your existence...you are the scum of this planet...for money...like hoars...like...
The former CEO Brennan mulcahy. He has the same mental problem...he believes that happiness equals sucesss... are you happy that your money comes from lies and cheaters...little dicks...




Eva: Thanks for sharing your opinions. Please explain two things: 1) You wrote: "Just Energy DOES NOT USE the door-to-door-sales...

2012-07-21T13:20:44Z

Eva: Thanks for sharing your opinions. Please explain two things: 1) You wrote: "Just Energy DOES NOT USE the door-to-door-sales...Eva: Thanks for sharing your opinions. Please explain two things: 1) You wrote: "Just Energy DOES NOT USE the door-to-door-sales method." Really? Well, who was the person at my and others' front doors? 2) You wrote: "even the blog title suggesting that Just Energy mugs people should be regarded as SLANDER." How is asking a question slander? It is reasonable as a **prospective** customer to ask questions in order to learn about both who has benefited and their experiences. I encourage you to re-read the last paragraph of the above blog post. I never claimed to have all the answers, and to learn more I wrote about my experience with Just Energy and asked readers to share their experiences. That is what happened, spectacularly. I know that the comment thread is very long, with over 400 comments. I encourage you to read all of the thread. Yes, there are some rants. But there are also some informative comments, like the ones from Tom, a self-identified JE manager, who described his approach to training reps. Plus, there are comments from people who have saved money, people who didn't save money, people who worked for JE, and people who applied for jobs at JE. Some of the commenters are from the USA, some from Canada. Early in the comment thread, some of the commenters submitted these sources: http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/pressroom/2008_02/20080208_usesc.html http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/attorney-general-cuomo-stops-wny-natural-gas-provider-deceiving-consumers http://www.citizensutilityboard.org/ags34.php http://www.powertochoose.org/_content/_complaint/index_grid.aspx http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/ I wrote this blog post over 2 years ago. Since then, the company’s BBB rating has improved. Those early issues may have affected commenters. As I’ve written before in a comment, whether or not a customer saves money with JE is one issue. Another issue is the sales method, or how prospective customers prefer to be approached. The first thing out of a sales rep's mouth should not be a request to see the sensitive information on a consumer's utility bill. It should be proof of the sales rep's identity followed by examples and/or proof of the savings (not vague promises). There has been so much identity theft and fraud that consumers are rightly skeptical when a stranger asks to see their sensitive personal information. The company's sales model has to account for this. I have nothing against door-to-door sales persons. During college, I made money selling books this way during a summer job. But, I clearly identified myself first, provided clear documentation of my employer, and provided a company phone number where people can verify things. Plus, where appropriate I bought the local town's sellers licenses. However, when I was in college, identity theft was not the problem it is today. My point is: business needs to be done in a business manner. Earn my trust FIRST, and then I will share my sensitive personal information with you. My experience, and some consumers' comments on this blog post suggest otherwise by some JE reps. The company may blame this on a few reps (or on irrational consumers), but at the end of the day it is the company that trains its reps. It doesn't matter how many awards some senior executives (in corporate headquarters) may have won, or the policies in a website. The comments i[...]






I cannot believe the rubbish on this post!!!! A paranoid bunch of people getting together making accusations without providing any...

2012-07-21T13:20:44Z

I cannot believe the rubbish on this post!!!! A paranoid bunch of people getting together making accusations without providing any...

I cannot believe the rubbish on this post!!!! A paranoid bunch of people getting together making accusations without providing any proof. First of all: Just Energy DOES NOT USE the door-to-door-sales method. Furthermore... using statements like this "Just Energy hires scumbag street slugs to go door to door and harrass older people who are home during the day." and even the blog title suggesting that Just Energy mugs people should be regarded as SLANDER. Yes, Just Energy SAVES PEOPLE MONEY and NO, they do not hire "scumbag steer slugs" to harass people. A Just Energy Rep has to go through training and acquire a distributor license after passing an exam with a minimum score of 80%. Passing the exam requires basic knowledge in consumer ethics as well as local by-law regarding energy distribution and consumer rights. So, tell me.....how do "street slugs" pass this exam and get to be licensed reps? And please explain how this is a scam? The ignorance on this post is mind boggling. Just Energy should not be on trial here, some of you, however should be, for slander.




Why you people answer the door, and let these ripoffs in, in the first place is beyond me. I open...

2012-07-18T18:34:51Z

Why you people answer the door, and let these ripoffs in, in the first place is beyond me. I open...

Why you people answer the door, and let these ripoffs in, in the first place is beyond me. I open my window and make them come over and talk to me where I can tell them to get lost.




they have pushed the card, tilted the envelope, weighted the scale,....how many ways to say i've fucked you...and all the...

2012-07-17T15:21:40Z

they have pushed the card, tilted the envelope, weighted the scale,....how many ways to say i've fucked you...and all the...

they have pushed the card, tilted the envelope, weighted the scale,....how many ways to say i've fucked you...and all the little people say....oh no it was'nt me>>>it was the banker.....hahahhahahahahhhhahhh
were hooped




thank you wayne fontes...you are an aware human...yes there are many simple minded little Energy Agents on this Blog...they have...

2012-07-17T15:21:40Z

thank you wayne fontes...you are an aware human...yes there are many simple minded little Energy Agents on this Blog...they have...

thank you wayne fontes...you are an aware human...yes there are many simple minded little Energy Agents on this Blog...they have very few avenues other than crack cocaine sales... ENERGY... Wall Street sub prime morgages... etc ...etc...
OK... ARE WE SICK OF THESE PEOPLE YET... YES YES YES we ARE
LETS MAKE A CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAY NO TO DOOR TO DOOR!




Anyone who comes to your door trying to sell you energy anything is scamming you, unless they are dressed in...

2012-07-15T19:46:12Z

Anyone who comes to your door trying to sell you energy anything is scamming you, unless they are dressed in...

Anyone who comes to your door trying to sell you energy anything is scamming you, unless they are dressed in your energy providers uniform. I am from Kingston Ontario and it seems that these people target low income households and seniors. My mother who is neither low income nor a senior has never been harassed by any of these companies. I live in a low income neighborhood and have been repeatedly harassed over the years by these companies. My energy provider (utilities Kingston) has sent out flyers warning people that they should only trust utilities Kingston employees that come to your door. All others are trying to scam you! If you have any doubts call your energy provider .. in front of these people!! And if you have the time follow them in your neighborhood and warn your neighbors. Good luck




I received two calls from Just Energy this week; the 2nd four days after requesting to be put on their...

2012-07-15T17:24:59Z

I received two calls from Just Energy this week; the 2nd four days after requesting to be put on their...

I received two calls from Just Energy this week; the 2nd four days after requesting to be put on their do not call list. Both telemarketers misrepresented who they worked for claiming they were with Consumers Power. The second guy try to evade the very tough, unfair question "who do you work for?" 4 times.

One question for the multiple JE sales reps on this thread. Would you do business with a company that doesn't want to identify itself?




Wow!! I recently signed up.... the man was very friendly and told me I can lock into a lower rate...

2012-07-15T17:24:59Z

Wow!! I recently signed up.... the man was very friendly and told me I can lock into a lower rate...

Wow!! I recently signed up.... the man was very friendly and told me I can lock into a lower rate for 5 years. He told me to call their number and ask what the rate was every few weeks.... Spring and fall are the best. I've done that and see that the prices do change. Seems like people are not reading the paperwork they get. My rate is lower than it usede to be. Seems like a good deal to me....




Re: Customer confusion. It is called customer intelligence. You claim we should research the products but what chance does anyone...

2012-07-13T13:17:31Z

Re: Customer confusion. It is called customer intelligence. You claim we should research the products but what chance does anyone...

Re: Customer confusion. It is called customer intelligence. You claim we should research the products but what chance does anyone have when you show up at their door and make them an offer that they have to decide on right then. Paranoid, maybe, defenitely not confused.




my husband signed up for them a few yrs ago at first i was surprised he did my husband never...

2012-07-06T20:10:14Z

my husband signed up for them a few yrs ago at first i was surprised he did my husband never...

my husband signed up for them a few yrs ago at first i was surprised he did my husband never opens the door to sales ppl let alone get talked into signing up for things and yes the rep did ask for my energy bill which was with txu at the time i was with them for about 8 yrs never again my bill with them was always around 200 to 400 a month the sales rep only wanted to show us how much txu was charging us just to get electricity which was 72 dollars a month whoa!!! so we gave it a shot my electric bill since then doesnt go over 140 a month thats right you read right $140.00 a month and i have 4 kids in a 2 story house with many reasons to use up energy my bill never goes over that amount i am very happy with them and dont plan on going to another company ever i always check my bill not to mention they only charge me $4 a month to give me energy thats nowhere near the 72 txu was charging me on mybill ugh well just energy has made this stay at home mom very happy :)especially cause im not on a contract and i will not b charged a cancellation fee if i ever decide to switch which wont happen anytime soon! u guys have a nice day just thought i should share my story :)




Hey, to be honest I signed in for green energy and to be honest at first I was sceptical, but...

2012-07-05T12:14:01Z

Hey, to be honest I signed in for green energy and to be honest at first I was sceptical, but...

Hey, to be honest I signed in for green energy and to be honest at first I was sceptical, but ever since my bills have been almost cut in half, they got me off this retarded smart meter thing so I can actually use electricity and gas whenever I want as much as I want and I'm still paying less then I was before. Then again I'm from ontario so maybe they work different down here




I live in Ontario Canada and recently had these people come to my door bothering us to sign up with...

2012-07-04T14:36:17Z

I live in Ontario Canada and recently had these people come to my door bothering us to sign up with...

I live in Ontario Canada and recently had these people come to my door bothering us to sign up with this thing. My first warning bell that this wasn't right was the fact that I wasn't even home at the time and they harassed my boyfriend into handing the paperwork over. They sounded pretty convincing but the fact is they willing took down my information and had my boyfriend sign in my place. We've dealt with energy scams before, a company called Summit Energy. I'm not sure what they did but all I know is one month my hydro bill will be its usual $60 or so & then the next regardless if my usage was lower or not I would be stuck paying $170!

I'd like to say thanks to this blogger because this site is what I needed to confirm my suspicions. & just to throw in there a neighbor of mine got sucked into this and is now paying DOUBLE her hydro bill. Be careful everyone if you have a fixed income and a family this is one scam to stay far far away from!




I'd love to hear more of this place. I have an interview on Friday for a Sales Manager job supposedly....

2012-07-04T14:36:17Z

I'd love to hear more of this place. I have an interview on Friday for a Sales Manager job supposedly....

I'd love to hear more of this place. I have an interview on Friday for a Sales Manager job supposedly. I am nervous because of all I have read here about this company.
I am skeptical though because I have about 4 months of sales experience before this only. It was in car sales and I wasn't all to pleased with things I saw going down around the dealership at time. If this is worse then I probably don't want to waste my time.




I worked for Just Energy going door to door. The SUPPLY rates they offer are generally better than the Utility....

2012-07-01T19:01:07Z

I worked for Just Energy going door to door. The SUPPLY rates they offer are generally better than the Utility....

I worked for Just Energy going door to door. The SUPPLY rates they offer are generally better than the Utility. No energy supplier can guarantee savings, they can however guarantee a lower rate. That being said, Obama passed a bill for ALL states to deregulate Utilities.

May I suggest instead of researching individual companies, research deregulation this will provide you with the BEST supplier for your city.

No D2D rep should be promising savings, because if you use more electricity/gas next month then it's impossible to save money, the sales agents should represent the product better, but unfortunately most of these agents are contracted out.

Don't misunderstand my explanation as "for" Just Energy, I feel they deserve the F rating. They have a valid product, but I was never paid for services rendered, I am still owed in upwards of $5k and I am aware of people who are owed the same. Furthermore, when pursuing my case, I was told, "not to worry about lost money, get more customers."




They are around Lloydminster AB right now.

2012-07-01T19:01:07Z

They are around Lloydminster AB right now.

They are around Lloydminster AB right now.




I also had a salesman come to my house offer the service and I signed up! He got us in...

2012-06-28T14:07:18Z

I also had a salesman come to my house offer the service and I signed up! He got us in...

I also had a salesman come to my house offer the service and I signed up! He got us in with no deposit and I have been happy ever since! Low rates and great service! My bill went from 250 amonth in the summer to 120! I love them! Not a scam! I deffinitly reccommend them!




Not only that but they also sell " Natural Gas" which yes its all natural, however do they tell you...

2012-06-26T01:40:44Z

Not only that but they also sell " Natural Gas" which yes its all natural, however do they tell you...

Not only that but they also sell " Natural Gas" which yes its all natural, however do they tell you how they get it? When they frac and break the shell for natural gas, it gets into the water and kills americans each day..




Ok, i worked for Just energy in houston texas! Not only do they rip the employees off but they rip...

2012-06-26T01:40:44Z

Ok, i worked for Just energy in houston texas! Not only do they rip the employees off but they rip...

Ok, i worked for Just energy in houston texas! Not only do they rip the employees off but they rip the customers off..They add extra charges to ur electric bill..They promise lower rates which in reality most companies are lower than just energy!! It really is a rip off.




Just FYI, these folks are doing their rounds in Calgary, Alberta now in June 2012.

2012-06-22T16:07:55Z

Just FYI, these folks are doing their rounds in Calgary, Alberta now in June 2012.

Just FYI, these folks are doing their rounds in Calgary, Alberta now in June 2012.




hey Jafar, your don't save money signing up with this company, that is an admission of wrong doing...you are a...

2012-06-16T16:44:00Z

hey Jafar, your don't save money signing up with this company, that is an admission of wrong doing...you are a...

hey Jafar, your don't save money signing up with this company, that is an admission of wrong doing...you are a LIAR !!! And not very intelligent for selling a fixed rate as a means to save when the cost is consistently higher...get some education .




Two more years of this blood sucking contract. Sigh. This rate is consistent as they claim, unfortunetly it's consistently 4...

2012-06-15T12:53:33Z

Two more years of this blood sucking contract. Sigh. This rate is consistent as they claim, unfortunetly it's consistently 4...

Two more years of this blood sucking contract. Sigh. This rate is consistent as they claim, unfortunetly it's consistently 4 to 6 cents over the worst varying rate in the area.

Was the sale person pushy, rude or lieing? No I don't think so. Am I happy with the contract? No. Did they scam me? I wish I could say yes. It sure would make me feel better about taking this bad deal.

That said. I do not recomend longterm energy contracts. Of couse as soon as the contract ends and I switch to another company, energy prices will probably skyrocket once again....

0.o




I also am a former employee of Just Energy. Biggest Scam Ive ever seen in my life. The recruiters there...

2012-06-15T04:50:13Z

I also am a former employee of Just Energy. Biggest Scam Ive ever seen in my life. The recruiters there...

I also am a former employee of Just Energy. Biggest Scam Ive ever seen in my life. The recruiters there lie to people just to get them to come in for an interview. what they dont tell you is that it is a 6 days week/ 72 hours total from 12 hour days. It is door to door, you are dropped off by a van in the morning and picked up by a van at night. You are paid on COMMISION only. So beware of words like, "face to face" = door to door... "performance based in which the hiring manager will discuss with you"= commission ONLY. Every employee of that company is trained to lie, or to just word things different to throw you off. They are SCAM ARTISTS! STAY AWAY!




I did sign contract 4 years back as new house owner and forgot about it but later when I checked...

2012-06-15T04:50:13Z

I did sign contract 4 years back as new house owner and forgot about it but later when I checked...

I did sign contract 4 years back as new house owner and forgot about it but later when I checked the renewing letter, than I did research and found the scam of just energy. I called them to cancel at end of the term. I called Embridge and asked their rate; is is 8 cent per cubic meter and while I was paying 15 Cents. They are big looters,
Thanks,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada




you people are stupid how is paying less or going green bad the y they go door to is because...

2012-06-12T13:56:38Z

you people are stupid how is paying less or going green bad the y they go door to is because...

you people are stupid how is paying less or going green bad the y they go door to is because yall dont read the info on your bill(that has no ss# on it) the only they can do is pay your bill or sign you up with that info(that is a good thing) they cant be a scam if they are on your utility's website




I forgot to mention it's also free, you're not spending money, you're making money. That's the unfortunate thing about the...

2012-06-12T13:56:38Z

I forgot to mention it's also free, you're not spending money, you're making money. That's the unfortunate thing about the...

I forgot to mention it's also free, you're not spending money, you're making money. That's the unfortunate thing about the OP and nearly all of the comments on this page. Absolutely none of you know what you're talking about. Seriously.




Not only do I personally have Just Energy, I also work for the company and I think the OP is...

2012-06-12T13:56:38Z

Not only do I personally have Just Energy, I also work for the company and I think the OP is...Not only do I personally have Just Energy, I also work for the company and I think the OP is mainly bullshit. Granted, our job is mainly to inform people that they are entitled to a cost reduction on their gas and electric, equivalent to the stimulus checks, but it's also to get sales. Which means, we only have so much time spend and each door considering this is a high sales job and it's a numbers game because a lot of people are either misinformed, busy or just don't want the hassle of taking 5 minutes out of their day to save money. The sole reason we ask for the bill is so we can quickily verify that you do qualify because not everyone does and again, we only have so much time to waste with you; I honestly will forget your name by the time I'm done with the TPV call, that's how much I honestly care. It sounds like the sales rep did his job and you're just being belligerent. Seriously, who calls the cops because someone knocked on their door, talked to them for half a second, then left a brochure and left the premises? It's not off shore, I live in PA and our windmills are right of the turnpike and we have 50 more outside the city. One of two things happened, either you weren't listening or he was a new or bad sales rep; perhaps even both. Bottomline, but thanks for posting this on a blog called i'vebeenmugged which helps to make my job ten times harder, thank you. Thank you for your misplaced over-reactions, exaggerations and misinformation. Have fun paying variable market rates instead of wholesale fixed price. Apparently, you have all this money to burn. Why do we get complaints? Because people like yourselves over-react; we're not scamming you, you're not locked into a contract and if you feel the overwhelming need to pay more, one phone call and you can switch back. I don't care what your name is, at all, whatsoever, just want to see if you qualify and then just register if interested. The difference between the electric rate where I live and our rate is the difference between 9.33 and 7.75. which is to say you can save well over 20 dollars usd every bill including cutting out the transmission fee, which we don't have. Again because of you're over-reactions, bad attitude and "research," you thought your way out of saving money and the environment. I've had it for awhile and I'm glad I switched, you're stupid not too take advantage of deregulation. You're not even switching your utilities, all you're doing is just choosing your supplier, that's it, same bill, same people reading your meters, checking your lines, everything. You just have a little note saying "Just Energy," letting you know your supplier. If the sales [...]



I do apologise on behalf of all the small, greedy VERMIN that make their millions on the backs of others...

2012-06-10T16:55:26Z

I do apologise on behalf of all the small, greedy VERMIN that make their millions on the backs of others...

I do apologise on behalf of all the small, greedy VERMIN that make their millions on the backs of others thru deception.
There are price tags boys! You will find! Right Timmy!

Just Energy...previously Ontario Energy SAVINGS, Manitoba Energy SAVINGS, Alberta Energy Savings LP, Energy Savings BC, Quebec, New york , chicago, etc, etc,,,

Yes they were sued in Alberta also.

They focus on manipulating your energy thru key words, emotions....very simple....

like, "now your allowed to"...
"like Mary and Sam on your street"
Standing beside you to make you feel your on the same side
pointing at your neighbours and nodding lots...hahaha

"little richards"

the effects of deregulation on the general public. EXPENSIVE

Capitalism at this level is simply unfair for the average person.

The american dream is gone, and now we pay

scammed by the deregulators, garbage , roads , prisons, utilitys and now Banks.......were hooped, right B and T FU2

And they call you respectable based on your ??? Bank Account. HA

The truth shall set you free liars




Simply put, my ex wife signed us up to these salesmen a few years ago and i had no idea....

2012-06-06T13:53:00Z

Simply put, my ex wife signed us up to these salesmen a few years ago and i had no idea....

Simply put, my ex wife signed us up to these salesmen a few years ago and i had no idea. What had become emmediatly apparent to me after we divorced and i closed the account and re-opened in my name is that my bill had reduced to 1/2 the price. Why? Just energy promises to secure your rate in the "unavoidable" event that the price of energy goes up. What they don't tell you is that your new rate will be at least twice, yes that right 2X your current rate! So unless you're expecting the world to come to an end tomorrow. DO NOT sign up with them! FINAL




just energy is an okay company they acthallucinogen saved me 600 a month but now that summer is here my...

2012-06-06T13:53:00Z

just energy is an okay company they acthallucinogen saved me 600 a month but now that summer is here my...

just energy is an okay company they acthallucinogen saved me 600 a month but now that summer is here my bill went from 32.46 straight to 150 which is pretty good for me in the Summer been with them for 2 years my kW usege use to b 27.6 now its 7.5 and I switch d from entrust to reliant from txu straight to just energy so I just rather stick just energy




I am an ic for just energy...a lot of you people are not up to date on what is going...

2012-05-29T13:08:05Z

I am an ic for just energy...a lot of you people are not up to date on what is going...

I am an ic for just energy...a lot of you people are not up to date on what is going on...for all of you that read these blogs, you are just reading about bad things...if you signed up for just energy over a year or two...the reason you think its bad now is because back then the only option you had was to enroll in a fixed rate program, which was good back then, until the market dropped dramastically. Now just energy offers a variable rate, with the option to lock in at a fixed rate, they offer a 35% rate cap on your variable rate which is protection from major rate increases, and we also guarantee our rates to stay lower than your utility on average for the 5 year term or we send you a rebate of 125 dollars per commodity...for those of you don't know what a commodity is...its your electric and/or natural gas. I also read a post asking what other suppliers there were...if you live in ny, you can go to askpsc.com and that will give you a list of every supplier that is approved by new york state. It will also give you all the info about what every program offers...and if any supplier comes to your door telling you they gurantee you to save money, they are lying to you..its impossible to guarantee savings because we don't live with you or control your light switches or thermostat...we guarantee our rates only...you are the one in control of your usage. Do you think that if just energy was a scam, we would keep coming around to your doors?? We sponsored the superbowl when texas built their new stadium....come on people! If you want true information contact your states public service commission...blogs are just full of uneducated people...thers only two things we can do with the information on your utility bills as a representative...update/enroll you in the program....or pay your bill...theres no social security number on any utility bill that ive ever seen!




All i keep seeing on here is that just energy is a scam...if it were a scam, do you think...

2012-05-29T13:08:05Z

All i keep seeing on here is that just energy is a scam...if it were a scam, do you think...

All i keep seeing on here is that just energy is a scam...if it were a scam, do you think the superbowl would have allowed a scam to sponsor the worlds biggest event? And also the only information on anyones bill is their address, name, and account number...what can anyone do with that? Pay your bill? There is no personal information on a utility bill that anyone can use to steal your identity. Just energy is a great program and the blog that everyone is talking about from chicago is from 1997...call the better business bureau now and see what their rating is...while you are at it...check the blogs for walmart and see how many bad things show up there...are they a scam too?




@ Dereck Oh I look at your company performance... "Net loss for fiscal 2012 amounted to $126.6 million..." The executives...

2012-05-28T14:17:41Z

@ Dereck Oh I look at your company performance... "Net loss for fiscal 2012 amounted to $126.6 million..." The executives...

@ Dereck

Oh I look at your company performance...

"Net loss for fiscal 2012 amounted to $126.6 million..."

The executives behind the recent banking/housing crisis didn't go to jail..




Hi interesting reading but from what I can tell all these comments are based on emotional customer interactions with sales...

2012-05-24T15:16:47Z

Hi interesting reading but from what I can tell all these comments are based on emotional customer interactions with sales...

Hi interesting reading but from what I can tell all these comments are based on emotional customer interactions with sales reps. Which are just that! When I look at a company preformence I look at its annual report sinse that shows the numbers. They don't lie "people do" here is a link for you all to be informed http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Just-Energy-Reports-Fiscal-ccn-1709724564.html?x=0&.v=1&c=1

Any clown can right any complaint they want, but a financial report if found to be wrong people go to jail!

Those are what matter and any company with almost 4 million customers will have some that are not happy. Like wise a company is still growing and customers are renewing so there has to be happy customers there!

I'm not with Just Energy in any way but felt it had to be said! Have a great day Derek




Any new info on Just Energy??

2012-05-24T15:16:47Z

Any new info on Just Energy??

Any new info on Just Energy??




Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy...

2012-05-20T15:49:59Z

Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy...

Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy offers you a discount on your gas bill along with some other options that are interesting.
Just Energy is not a scam. Not a single person on eiither one of these threads has even listened to their represenititives. It sounds to me like you need to give somebody a chance to explain them selves and do some real research on the company instead of posting and reading random threads.
Since when did we people start believing and retrieving important information from threads.
There is more then one gas supplier out there that does offer options like Just Energy.

Is there really personal information on your bill that someone could not easily get without asking? The answer my friends is no.
Your address? You mean that little number posted above your door and on your mailbox?
your name? someone can easily get multiple ways. How about that cool sign on your door that says "The Smiths" Or the One on your mailbox that says "The Doe's"

Maybe on a peice of white paper also known as an envlope that is hanging out of your mailbox daily with your name plastered all over it?

Soc Number? No where on your bill....
Phone number? no where on your bill.....
Gas account number. You affraid someone might hear your balance or pay your bill?

Remember anyone can post here, so a Just Energy competitor could easily start spreading bad rumors, as well as Just Energy being able to do the same in return
I personally have Just Energy as my supplier.
I have not had any problems with them at all, i know how to read and understand my bll," which actually the represenititive from Just Energy taught me how to do" So now I understand what my charges mean and what they are for. Thank You!!
And I am receving a discount. Very Much appriciated!
So I thank Just Energy.




Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy...

2012-05-20T15:49:59Z

Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy...

Listen, I do understand your scepticism. It sounds to me like you are a little too paranoid though. Just energy offers you a discount on your gas bill along with some other options that are interesting.
Just Energy is not a scam. Not a single person on eiither one of these threads has even listened to their represenititives. It sounds to me like you need to give somebody a chance to explain them selves and do some real research on the company instead of posting and reading random threads.
Since when did we people start believing and retrieving important information from threads.
There is more then one gas supplier out there that does offer options like Just Energy.

Is there really personal information on your bill that someone could not easily get without asking? The answer my friends is no.
Your address? You mean that little number posted above your door and on your mailbox?
your name? someone can easily get multiple ways. How about that cool sign on your door that says "The Smiths" Or the One on your mailbox that says "The Doe's"

Maybe on a peice of white paper also known as an envlope that is hanging out of your mailbox daily with your name plastered all over it?

Soc Number? No where on your bill....
Phone number? no where on your bill.....
Gas account number. You affraid someone might hear your balance or pay your bill?

Remember anyone can post here, so a Just Energy competitor could easily start spreading bad rumors, as well as Just Energy being able to do the same in return
I personally have Just Energy as my supplier.
I have not had any problems with them at all, i know how to read and understand my bll," which actually the represenititive from Just Energy taught me how to do" So now I understand what my charges mean and what they are for. Thank You!!
And I am receving a discount. Very Much appriciated!
So I thank Just Energy.




I live in Vancouver BC Over 3 years ago after deregulation ,just about every day some energy sellperson was at...

2012-05-20T15:49:59Z

I live in Vancouver BC Over 3 years ago after deregulation ,just about every day some energy sellperson was at...

I live in Vancouver BC
Over 3 years ago after deregulation ,just about every day some energy sellperson was at the door.
Mostly they were polite and left when told I was not interested
At the time NG price was rising and a fixed price could have made sense.But I thought lots can happen in 5 years It is too long a commitment.The first contract offers (I do not recall the name of the companies) where at a fixed $8.99 per Gj.,rising within weeks to $10.99 .
It happens that a an acquaintance was boosting about the totally different type of plan offered by the company she was working for. She sowed up at my door And explained that Just Energy was offering a fixed rate of $10.99(against the $8.?? of BC Hydro)for one year and a return to market rate to a maximum of $10.99 for the next 4years.It sounded good even if I was paying a third more for one year I was protected against the madness of the market for 5 years.
She pulled out the term of contract and showed me in writing the return to BC Hydro rate after the first year.I inquired how Just Energy could afford such a deal and was told they had future options to buy natural gas at a very low price. It sounded good and reasonable, I signed the contract witch stipulated that I was to be given a copy of the terns and conditions.
The lady did not leave me the copy of the terms and conditions and after year went by my rate remained fixed at $10.99 when market value was lower.It appeared that the one year term was total lie I am locked in a 5 year contract at 10.99 when market is now down at$2.9.I pay 3.5 time the value of NG .She showed me the conditions in writing witch means she was using a fake or forged document outlining nonexistent terms .
I am now fighting this,I traced the saleswoman and will try to get a confession witch might be easy since I heard she herself was ripped-off on her commission.Here in BC the utilities commission acts on behalf of customers and there are probably hundreds of people in my situation
I"keep you posted




I had a bad experience with this company. https://www.facebook.com/unsatisfiedJEcust

2012-05-17T17:57:56Z

I had a bad experience with this company. https://www.facebook.com/unsatisfiedJEcust

I had a bad experience with this company. https://www.facebook.com/unsatisfiedJEcust




Went for a job interview, apparently their a 2.5 billion dollar company......biggest pile of bulls*** Office looked ghetto, with that...

2012-05-17T17:57:56Z

Went for a job interview, apparently their a 2.5 billion dollar company......biggest pile of bulls*** Office looked ghetto, with that...

Went for a job interview, apparently their a
2.5 billion dollar company......biggest pile of bulls***
Office looked ghetto, with that kinda money
Image is a must! If your company is worth that much
Than you obviously have to show your worth that much..
Regardless , as i was waiting to be called in, i finally got
To see the name of the company , i had been given another
Name, green energy( which brought me to a goverment website,
I knew right away either i had misunderstood, or was being lied too)
I searched the company and found this blog.
People of the world ....avoid the scammers
These people at the end of the day are just sales people looking to put your money
In their pockets.....remember a company worth 2.5 billion , will not have a ghetto , dirty office at the end of a long corridor sharing the same floor with 10 other fraudulant call centers....... Best part was the guy conducting the interviews
Is also the secretary/boss... Who was dressed as casual as a young person out on the beach.....2.5 billion and your coming into work ,with what appeared to be a hawaiin Style shirt.....and a beard worthy of epic beard man
RIGHT
PEOPLE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND TELL THEM TO TELL THEIR FRIENDS AND THEIR FRIENDS!!!!SCAM SCAM




Hi, fellow victim from Ontario here. I wish I had read this thread while the Just Energy rep were still...

2012-05-15T19:05:08Z

Hi, fellow victim from Ontario here. I wish I had read this thread while the Just Energy rep were still...

Hi, fellow victim from Ontario here.

I wish I had read this thread while the Just Energy rep were still here. I wrote down the whole story of our recent visit where we were conned into signing, but it's really long, so rather than put it as a comment here, I posted it on my blog: http://kevinjamesfield.blogspot.ca/2012/05/just-energyisnt-17-documented-lies-in.html




Wow! I'm in Fresno, California and I signed up. XOOM energy is the broker listed on my PG&E bill; my...

2012-05-14T03:59:57Z

Wow! I'm in Fresno, California and I signed up. XOOM energy is the broker listed on my PG&E bill; my...

Wow! I'm in Fresno, California and I signed up. XOOM energy is the broker listed on my PG&E bill; my natural gas bill dropped from $104 to $54 last month. No scam, just de-regulation. Same as when the Bell system was broken up and T-Moblie & Verizon were thought to be inferior and a scam. I'd be happy to share my new bill with anyone.




Hey Brett. Regarding your comments about the fact that Just Energy must be a good company because it is a...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Brett. Regarding your comments about the fact that Just Energy must be a good company because it is a...


Hey Brett. Regarding your comments about the fact that Just Energy must be a good company because it is a public company traded on the TSE and NYSE, I found out as suspected that the requirements to belong to these and other stock exchanges is pretty much financial in nature meaning that it is based more on their size re: employees and more importantly what their annual revenues. It has NOTHING to do with whether or not the company is a legitimate business. The TSE is not a consumer watchdog, does not give a crap about investors and is only in business to make money!!!!!! If you believe anything else, that is pretty sad and scary.




Hey Eric. Great comments about who has more motivation to be honest on here. You are so right. If customers...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Eric. Great comments about who has more motivation to be honest on here. You are so right. If customers...


Hey Eric. Great comments about who has more motivation to be honest on here. You are so right. If customers are being treated properly everything is cool, however, if someone gets screwed the natural thinking is to spread the word so that other people don't get taken as well.

For anyone who wants to read Eric's comments, go back to February 10th of this year. Great stuff and you are ban on!!!!!!

Aldo




Hey Tom, I just read your post from March and must say that I had a great laugh especially the...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Tom, I just read your post from March and must say that I had a great laugh especially the...


Hey Tom,

I just read your post from March and must say that I had a great laugh especially the last paragraph about filing it under "L" and what that meant to you. Thanks again for the laugh.

Aldo




Hey David, I skimmed through your post from March 23rd. One of your last lines was interesting where you said...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey David, I skimmed through your post from March 23rd. One of your last lines was interesting where you said...


Hey David,

I skimmed through your post from March 23rd. One of your last lines was interesting where you said read over the contract and don't take a day or 2 to think about it because they can't just come to your house at your convenience. If they are not willing to that, then you shouldn't sign with them until they have answered all your questions in a reasonable manner. I think most of your comments are a bunch of garbage and your grammar stinks by the way!!!!!




Hey George. Just so you know the ratings of the BBB mean nothing. I found out recently that they give...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey George. Just so you know the ratings of the BBB mean nothing. I found out recently that they give...


Hey George. Just so you know the ratings of the BBB mean nothing. I found out recently that they give good ratings to those companies that pay their annual fees on time. With all the corruption that goes on in business, politics, the police force etc., are you really surprised at this. I know companies just like Just Energy who have terrible reputations but have a good rating with the BBB. I wonder why that is?




Hey George. People are not paranoid on here. They are just stating facts about the bad experiences they have had...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey George. People are not paranoid on here. They are just stating facts about the bad experiences they have had...


Hey George. People are not paranoid on here. They are just stating facts about the bad experiences they have had with this company. The guy who came to my door tried to make me sign up without reading the contract. Would you do that? Please only add useful comments on here if you have any?




Hey Tina. Good point about Enron which " cooked " their books i.e. falsified financial statements. Their was also MCI...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Tina. Good point about Enron which " cooked " their books i.e. falsified financial statements. Their was also MCI...


Hey Tina. Good point about Enron which " cooked " their books i.e. falsified financial statements. Their was also MCI World Com and other companies that did the same thing. By the way the TSE is not one of the most prestigious stock exchanges in the world. This Brett guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He should just stay off here.




Hey Brett. Get your head out of your proverbial ass. Making it onto the TSE and NYSE doesn't mean shit...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Brett. Get your head out of your proverbial ass. Making it onto the TSE and NYSE doesn't mean shit...


Hey Brett. Get your head out of your proverbial ass. Making it onto the TSE and NYSE doesn't mean shit as far as good business ethics and practices. Ever heard of Enron, MCI World Com etc. I have been in financial services most of my career and although I am not sure what is required to become part of the TSE or NYSE, I can pretty much assure you they don't give 2 shits about whether your company employs good business practices. I am pretty sure you need a certain market capitalization and potentially they look at your financial statements. Just thought I would set you straight because you obviously have no clue what you are taking about!!!!!!




Hey Brian in Ontario, Canada. Thanks for the great information. This sounds very much like Just Energy. They called me...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Brian in Ontario, Canada. Thanks for the great information. This sounds very much like Just Energy. They called me...


Hey Brian in Ontario, Canada. Thanks for the great information. This sounds very much like Just Energy. They called me for a sales position a while back and I flat out told them where to go and why. The recruiter on the phone said they have been around since 1997 so obviously they are not a bad company. This is such BS. All this means is that word hasn't spread fast enough on what they are really all about. I worked for a company 3 years ago that has been around since 2001 and they scum of the earth. They are a payment processing company called Monex. They deal with merchants who offer debit and credit terms. My book on unsrupulous companies will include Just Energy and Monex just to name a couple.




Hey Brian in Detroit. Thanks for the feedback. This sounds exactly like a company in the insurance industry called Combined...

2012-05-13T17:33:53Z

Hey Brian in Detroit. Thanks for the feedback. This sounds exactly like a company in the insurance industry called Combined...


Hey Brian in Detroit. Thanks for the feedback. This sounds exactly like a company in the insurance industry called Combined Insurance. They do the same thing. They called me for an interview and I told them I would rather starve to death than work for them. I am planning on writing a book on Sales DO's and DON'ts and plan to expose companies like Just Energy, Combined Insurance and others. I am so sick of these companies screwing people!!!!!!!




This forum is BS. I took 3 minutes to write an honest rant about Just Energy and the terrible company...

2012-05-13T17:33:54Z

This forum is BS. I took 3 minutes to write an honest rant about Just Energy and the terrible company...


This forum is BS. I took 3 minutes to write an honest rant about Just Energy and the terrible company they are and this piece of garbage said I had timed out.




Just Energy sucks big time. I had written several paragraphs on here with proof but couldn't post because my time...

2012-05-13T17:33:54Z

Just Energy sucks big time. I had written several paragraphs on here with proof but couldn't post because my time...


Just Energy sucks big time. I had written several paragraphs on here with proof but couldn't post because my time had expired. Will try again later.




"Just Energy" is recruiting people in the Detroit area. An acquaintance answered their ad on Craigs List and was told...

2012-05-11T15:53:55Z

"Just Energy" is recruiting people in the Detroit area. An acquaintance answered their ad on Craigs List and was told...

"Just Energy" is recruiting people in the Detroit area. An acquaintance answered their ad on Craigs List and was told that it was a salaried position. Went for an interview today with about 25 others. They were given a sales pitch on the company and told that they "might" make $10,000 in one day! Turned out the workers are "independent contractors" paid on a commission basis.




Enron was in the stock exchange too. What happened to them?

2012-05-08T19:51:42Z

Enron was in the stock exchange too. What happened to them?

Enron was in the stock exchange too. What happened to them?




JE is on the Toronto stock exchange and the New York stock exchange. It's tough to have a ..."scam" make...

2012-05-08T19:51:42Z

JE is on the Toronto stock exchange and the New York stock exchange. It's tough to have a ..."scam" make...

JE is on the Toronto stock exchange and the New York stock exchange. It's tough to have a ..."scam" make it on two of the most prestigious stock markets in the world. Use your head people.




Yes guys its a scam I worked for them for a month before I realized it was a scam I...

2012-05-05T07:49:43Z

Yes guys its a scam I worked for them for a month before I realized it was a scam I...

Yes guys its a scam I worked for them for a month before I realized it was a scam I couldn't do it once I found out what I had to say to people. They will keep a torn up application with the signature and make a new one and forge. Lana ray is on crack..or is probably an employee there. Don't even answer the door they mislead people into working for them and some figure it out and quit others don't care and stay. Trust me.




Here is my experience with Just Energy in Ontario Canada, which I have also posted to several consumer complaints websites....

2012-05-04T12:27:52Z

Here is my experience with Just Energy in Ontario Canada, which I have also posted to several consumer complaints websites....Here is my experience with Just Energy in Ontario Canada, which I have also posted to several consumer complaints websites. I have just been in my new apartment for a month, and hooked up with a local utility provider from whom I have not received a first bill yet. I was visited by a woman who claimed to be affiliated with my utility provider (she said they were a supplier) and started talking about Smart Meters and fixed rates. She made it seem as though I would be saving between $10 and $45 a month on my electricity bill. Not having ever paid for hydro before, I assumed this was a good deal. But then things started getting hinky. It wasn't clear exactly what I was being made to do, and I was asked to give my account number with my existing utility and sign papers that I didn't read -- she gave me the gist of it). Before I knew it, I was on the phone with an 'account verification representative' giving information over the phone. When I asked questions of the person on the phone to verify what I was agreeing to, the woman in my living room talked over his voice so I couldn't accurately hear what he was saying. In the end, I was told that I would be contacted within 10 days to conform the account. She then left, the whole thing took about 30 minutes. I'd like to mention at this point that I'm normally very intelligent and don't succumb to high pressure or randomly give people my personal info, but on this particular day, I was sick with flu and had a high fever -- true story. So my defenses were down and I didn't totally understand who she was, where she was from, what she was offering or what the hell was going on. Also, I have not previously paid for electricity and so I was somewhat confused by what she was talking about, especially when she start rambling on about numbers, kilowatt hours and p[...]



I too also had a rep come in. The only reason why I a bit of trust was because my...

2012-05-04T12:27:52Z

I too also had a rep come in. The only reason why I a bit of trust was because my...

I too also had a rep come in. The only reason why I a bit of trust was because my next door neighbor said it was a person from Duke Energy. After signing he left and had his rep on the phone. Before I finished the call I did ask how long til I can cancel and he said whenever with no cancellation fees. I advised him that I don't want to see any surprise fees and he said no. I decided before ending the call that I do want to cancel and he ended the call. Now I'm also somewhat paranoid.




Sharon: Thanks for sharing your experience. We haven't many comments from businesses. Almost all comments have been from residential users...

2012-04-30T17:51:44Z

Sharon: Thanks for sharing your experience. We haven't many comments from businesses. Almost all comments have been from residential users...

Sharon:
Thanks for sharing your experience. We haven't many comments from businesses. Almost all comments have been from residential users or consumers.

Glad to hear that you will save money. It sounds like you read the contract closely. As is often the case, the details in any contract are critical. To my knowledge, nobody has compared yet a Just Energy business contract to a consumer contract. I wonder what difference there might be.

Let us know what happens during the coming months/years.

George
Editor
http://ivebeenmugged.typepad.com