Subscribe: Comments on: DELEGATE PROJECTION SHOWS OBAMA A SHOO-IN
http://rightwingnuthouse.com/archives/2008/05/04/delegate-projection-shows-obama-a-shoo-in/feed/
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
Tags:
chance  clinton  convention  delegates  democratic  iraq  mrs clinton  mrs  nomination  obama  party  point  super delegates  super 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Comments on: DELEGATE PROJECTION SHOWS OBAMA A SHOO-IN

Comments on: DELEGATE PROJECTION SHOWS OBAMA A SHOO-IN



Politics served up with a smile... And a stilletto.



Published: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:42:31 +0000

 



By: bobwire

Tue, 06 May 2008 04:26:27 +0000

Hillary makes me gag, Obama is a flash in the pan. And still each are better than the pseudo straight talker. McCain just like dubya will not be the real president. cheney was president, or what? Shall we choose McCains VP as the real president? Hello to lesser-evil choices once again. We are so doomed...awaiting real leadership in my lifetime.



By: Michael Kay

Mon, 05 May 2008 18:28:04 +0000

The whole point of the Democratic process is that delegates and particularly superdelegaltes are not obliged to vote for anyone in particular and can switch their professed allegence if they wish. If Obama proves unelectable then he has to hold on to his support all the way to the Convention - a long way with constant Republican sniping



By: B.Poster

Mon, 05 May 2008 15:17:38 +0000

"All of those issues will resonate with independents..." Yes they probably will. As such, those issues are going to resonate with the super delegates and other decision makers within the Democratic party.



By: MikeDevx

Mon, 05 May 2008 03:07:51 +0000

Rick, The problem is that superdelegates are free to switch at any time. As long as Hillary sees any hope at all of getting those delegates to switch to her, she won't quit. Therefore, sometime after June 3rd, the superdelegates will put Obama over the top. Hillary will not surrender. There will be an outpouring of appearances by Obama supporters in the media at that point, and the fireworks will be intense. It will be a joy to watch. In the end, I think she caves into the political pressure and SUSPENDS her campaign, hoping against hope that between June 10th and the Denver convention, something will happen where she can revive her campaign to get the superdelegates to switch to her. It will be a very tense June-August between Obama and Clinton as she continues to seek to weaken him. But behind the scenes. I think that is a very realistic scenario. ed.



By: FamouslyUnknown

Mon, 05 May 2008 02:53:38 +0000

Please do not forget the four other shoes (at least) that will drop on Obama before the Democratic convention: 1. Rezko trial and press revelations of Obama's cooperation, collusion, and collaboration [CC & C](forget 'association')in unethical/criminal activities with Rezko and his pals. 2. CC & C with William Ayres and his terrorist cohort both past and current. Look out for the beneficiaries of those activities. 3. CC & C with what's-his-name who had close ties to Middle-East terror groups. Will this be another case of 'I was there participating but not caring?' 4. Re-emphasis about Obama's willingness to allow genocide to occur in Iraq when he was promoting,in 2007, immediate withdrawal of American troops from Iraq during the time BEFORE the Surge had reaped benefits for the innocent Iraqi men, women, and children -- many of whom had risked their lives to vote for a democratic Iraq! And didn't Obama vote against funding for our troops in Iraq, or was it that he simply did not vote for funding? Now, Obama is taking a position for gradual withdrawal -- after he's seen the success of the Surge. Obama smacks of someone who is soulless, unprincipled, unscrupulous, and unfit to lead America. All of those issues will resonate with independents. But Democrats are not upset about Rezko, or Ayers, or abandoning Iraq. He won't lose much support in his own party from now until the convention unless something really bad comes out - and no one is expecting that at this point. Rezko has no dirt on Obama that would send him to jail. Democrats admire Ayers as much as Obama might admire him. Ed.



By: B.Poster

Sun, 04 May 2008 23:36:08 +0000

I agree taht it will be a tall order for Mrs. Clinton to get 90% of the reamining super delegates. It is more likely than not that Mr. Obama will get the nomination. In any event, it will take more than the Wright controversy to derail Mr. Obama at this point. There is a strong possibilty that more will happen. As the electorate learns more about Mr. Obama, the polls which reflect the mood of the voters at a given time seem to be getting tighter. I don't think 55% is ridiculous at all and I think its quite realistic. Given that the polls seem to be tightening and more is learned about all of the candidates the opinions of the electorate seem to be in a state of flux right now. I'm pretty sure Mr. Obama's campaign is not operating as though the candidate has a 98.5% chance of victory. For his sake, I sure hope not. When the convention starts, if the super delegates and the Democratic party leaders believe that Mrs. Clinton has a better chance of winning the general election than Mr. Obama, Mrs. Clinton will get the nomination even if Mr. Obama has more pledged delegates. I find nothing idiotic in denying the nomination to Mr. Obama if party leaders do not think he can win the general election. Again, it is more likely than not that Mr. Obama will get the nomination but I think it is premature to declare him a shoo-in. I think it was Yogi Berra who used to say, "it ain't over till its over." This one's far from over. As someone else once said, "get ya popcorn ready." This one's gonna be interesting.



By: susan

Sun, 04 May 2008 21:24:36 +0000

Given that analysis, why is she still running, and making it easy for the Republicans?



By: B.Poster

Sun, 04 May 2008 19:09:05 +0000

I must have missed the "angry" responses. Obama will likely win the nomination. There is no question about that but he is by no means a shoo in. Republican attack ads will not matter. What will ultimately matter to the super delegates is who has the better chance to win the general election. If it turns out that this is Mrs. Clinton, the super delegates who go with her will likely be commended by a large majority of the press and the electorate. I say Obama has approximately a 55% chance of getting the nomination with Clinton having a 45% chance of getting the nomination. Alot can and will happen between now and August. If mew information comes out or the mood of the electorate changes, super delegates can likely change as well. The point is it seems premature to count Mrs. Clinton out at this time. HE IS ONLY GOING TO NEED ABOUT 40 SUPERS AT MOST TO WIN. THAT MEANS THAT HILLARY CLINTON WILL HAVE TO GET AROUND 90% OF THE REMAINING SUPERDELEGATES TO DENY HIM VICTORY. 55% is a ridiculous number, not connected to reality in any way. Try 98.5% as a true reflection of Obama's chances. And to believe that once Obama has enough delegates pledged to him - both supers and others - that the Democratic party will deny him the nomination is idiotic.