Subscribe: Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter
Added By: Feedage Forager Feedage Grade B rated
Language: English
back  birthday  boys  day  days  eating  father  food  home  kids  landon  love  madilynn  paul  preston  princess  time  twins 
Rate this Feed
Rate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feedRate this feed
Rate this feed 1 starRate this feed 2 starRate this feed 3 starRate this feed 4 starRate this feed 5 star

Comments (0)

Feed Details and Statistics Feed Statistics
Preview: Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter

Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter

Updated: 2016-09-07T21:36:32.430-07:00


Things Change...


I guess it is time for me to finally update this blog and to start posting regularly again.

I week after my last post, things changed. My dad got really sick. We went to visit him for the 4th of July Holiday and well he wasn't himself then. A few days later he was in the hospital. I won't go into all the details but after a rough summer, my dad passed away on August 15th.

I was having a yard sale that day. I was in the middle of selling all my used baby gear and clothes when I got the call that he passed in his sleep at home.

I have never felt so very far away from my family.

My dad is gone but my life must go on.

Wayne M Lomeland -- 2/25/1930 - 8/15/2009




Do you diet? Do you think diets work? Yo-yo dieter? Crash diets? Fad diets?

Personally, I do not believe that diets work. I think that making healthy food choices and paying attention to what you eat is what leads to weight loss. Easier said than done. Might be why I have a few pounds to lose. But you will never catch me eating cabbage soup in the hopes of dropping a few pounds quickly.

I recently started paying attention to what I was putting into my body. I figured this was the first step to changing my behavior and making healthier choices. Before I could change, I first needed to figure out what I was doing wrong.

After paying attention for a few days, I realized something. I fed my children such healthy well balanced meals, yet I would eat junk. I would never allow my kids to eat dessert before eating a healthy meal. Yet yesterday I made them yogurt, half a sandwich, carrots and raisin for lunch while I hid in the living room and ate a slice of cake.

I love my kids and want the best for them. Therefore I insure that they have healthy yummy foods for every meal. But I do not do the same for myself.

I think as moms, a lot of us do this. Not just with food but with everything. We bend over backwards to give our kids the best, and then we settle for the scraps. We are so busy taking care of our kids that we forget to take care of ourselves.

What will it take for me (and all moms) to look out for myself anf start taking care of me?


Father's Day Blog Carnival



In honor of Father's Day -- my Ode to the Fathers in my life...

My father.... I try to describe him and I am at a lost for words. Growing up, I was always asked if he was my grandfather and I would laugh and say -- no, he is my dad. But he wasn't just my dad. He became the dad to my friends as well. My best friend growing up didn't have a father in her life. She lived with her Aunt and Uncle. When she needed help to pay for her cheerleading costs -- my dad was there volunteering to raise money for her. My dad want the best for everyone. To the point of neglecting himself. I cannot wait to see him in a few weeks. I miss him.

My husband, the father of my children.... I knew Paul would be a great father when he was the father he didn't have to be. He loves Madilynn. He always has. She is his daughter, at least in his heart. I remember our first trip to the coast, just Paul, Madilynn and me. He didn't have to love her. He didn't have to care for her. But he did. That was when I realized that I was going to marry him.


Not to mention the fact that Paul didn't pass out or have a heart attack when he found out we were having twins.. That shows a great father too...


A new story for the books


Let me start by saying that Preston is fine..... After dinner on Saturday, I was changing Preston and he felt warm to me, so I got our digital thermometer out and took his temp (101.7 if anyone is interested). So we gave him some Tylenol and chalked it up to having his shots a few days ago. In the mean time, Preston took the thermometer and was playing with it. Next thing I know, he was gagging. So I took the thermometer away and he stopped gagging and was fine. I look at the thermometer and the metal tip was gone! He bit off the tip of the thermometer and swallowed it!!!!! So we call the nurses line and she tells us to go to the ER because he could aspirate it or something. By this time it was 7pm and Paul stayed home with the other 3 kids and put them to bed while I too Preston to the ER. We walk in and tell the lady at the desk what is wrong and she takes us right back. We became the freak show of the ER! No one had ever heard of this before. They didn't even know it was possible. So a ton of people came by to meet the baby that has piranha teeth. But back to the serious matter. They had to call poison control because they didn't even know what is in a digital thermometer and if it was dangerous. That came back fine -- nothing chemically bad. We got in a room and people still kept stopping in to see Preston and look at the thermometer (I brought it with us). Preston was eating up the attention. We eventually went back for an x-ray and everything was fine. It wasn't in his lungs -- they assume it is in his gut somewhere or he spit it up when I wasn't paying attention. We were in and out in an hour and a half. So big difference in treatment and attention when it is something they have never encountered before![...]

Pictures from Wendy


(object) (embed)

Click here to view these pictures larger(image)

First birthday!


I know that I won't have time to post this tomorrow so it is being posted today!!!At a little after 2 am on May 23, 2008 my two beautiful boys were born. I was due with the twins on June 27th, 2008, but because they were both breech I was scheduled for a c section on June 19th. On Thursday, May 22, 2008 I started feeling some mildly painful contractions around 5 pm. They stayed 5 minutes apart but they just got more painful. At 7 pm we called my niece (Marissa) to come watch our Madilynn and Quinton while we went to the hospital to get checked out. Since we were only 35 weeks I figured that they would monitor me and give me a shot of morphine and send me home. We got to the hospital around 7:30 pm and we had nothing with us just the clothes on our backs and I got all hooked up and I was contracting every five minutes. They checked me and I was at 2 cm and 50% effaced. They gave me an IV which slowed down the contractions but made them stronger. Around 9:30 pm they checked me again and I was still at 2 cm. They said since it was twins that they wanted to monitor me over night and check me again in 2 hours, but I could probably go home in the morning. I started having much more painful contractions. They checked me one more time at 11:30 pm and I was at 5 cm!!!! So they said we were going to go for a c section immediately as both babies were breech. I of course started crying as we were not ready what so ever for babies! So I stayed in the room and made some phone calls. They wouldn’t give me anything for the pain as I was going to have a spinal shortly and anything else would bother the babies once they were born (too close to birth). So I had to suffer. Turns out someone else needed the OR first for an emergency c section. So we had to wait. We didn’t get into the OR until 1:45am. I was in transition and Landon was trying with all his might to get out. I received my spinal and we got started. Baby A – Landon was born at 2:05 am weighing 5lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long and Baby B – Preston as born at 2:06 am weighing 5lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. I got to hear both babies cry but didn’t get to see them before they were whisked away to the NICU. I went to recovery for 4 hours and was finally wheeled into the NICU in the bed at 6 am to see my boys for the first time. Landon stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks and Preston stayed in for 3 weeks. And some then and now pics!! Preston shortly after birth.Landon shortly after birth.Landon now!Preston now!I love my baby boys! Happy Birthday to you both! Mommy loves you! Keep growing and learning and changing. Time goes by so fast![...]

The best day!


It was a beautiful day here in Southern Oregon. When the twins went down for their morning nap we decided to go outside for a picnic. (I know our grass needs to be mowed! Paul is doing it as I type this!)I even brought out our real picnic basket to make it a little more fun for the kiddos.Who doesn't like to eat strawberries outside on a warm day? Well besides me because I hate strawberries.Afterward we decided to run through the sprinklers.It wasn't spraying too wellAnd the sprinkler kept falling overI sat back and relaxed while watching the kids run around.But the kids enjoyed it!Then I realized why the water pressure was crap. The spout was shooting water everywhere!So I moved the hose to the spout on the side of the house!The kids loved the shooting water!It was a great day![...]

pulling weeds


I am having a big birthday party for the twins on Saturday. I really really want to thank all those people that have helped us survive this last year. So we are having a party with a cat in the hat theme. I have a bounce house, a ball pit, tons of outdoor toys, each kid gets to make a crown, lots of food, etc etc etc. It is going to be 80 degrees so the weather will be perfect for the outdoor party.

The problem -- my side yard is rock and is completely overgrown with weeds!
(image) (not my picture but you get the idea)*

So I decided while Madilynn and Quinton were outside playing today, I would attempt to tackle the weeds. I got a lot pulled but had to quit after about 20 minutes when I started sneezing constantly! I still am sneezing. I. Can. Not. Stop.

Any suggestions for something that will help but won't put me to sleep?

*BTW, search for weed images in photobucket -- interesting.....

so proud.... of myself


I have been very busy today. I am so proud of all the I accomplished with four kids under foot

-rearranged furniture in the living room (still have the familyroom todo) in preparation for the twins birthday party next weekend
-6 loads of laundry, including folding and putting away
-grocery shopping
-shopping for 5 people's birthday presents (still have 4 more people to shop for -- May is so full of birthdays)
-wrapped five previously mentioned gifts.
-hand made 18 birthday cards for birthdays in May and June

These things were in addition to my normal daily chores
- feeding and caring for 4 children
- dishes
-playing with kids

But I did cheat a little. We ordered Pizza for lunch and had leftover pizza for dinner.

You can't win them all.
Postscript - A very special Birthday shout out to my beautiful niece Silke who turned 19 on Tuesday, an adorable little boy Noah who turned 5 on Tuesday, A sweetie pie Madison who turns 6 on Thursday, my extrodinary neice Marissa who is turning 21 on Friday, my fun and crazy sister Penny who turns the big 29 next Wednesday,

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique


So Disneyland has this new attraction. It is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It is amazing. Yes it is something you have to pay extra for, and yes it is overpriced for the tangible items you receive. But the experience your little girl gets is just priceless and amazing. I would have paid a lot more than the $175.00 that I spent. got to become a Princess. First she picked out her princess dress. Of course she was completely responsible and chose a dress that is practical to walk around a hot sweaty theme park in.She picked the white princess wedding dress!Next she had her hair done by her fairy godmother in training. (they were in training because they were way to young to be real fairy god mothers)As her hair was being done, another fairy godmother in training did her princess makeup.And painted her princess nails.And finally on went the princess crown and princess ring.In the end the crown came off but Madilynn looked like a princess. She even had a photoshoot in Cinderellas carriage (those pics to come as my scanner is not working).Her brother danced her official princess waltz with her. (You know -- Put your gloved hand in, put your gloved hand out, put your gloved hand in and shake it all about. Do the princess waltz and turn yourself around, bibbidi, bobbidi boo)All the cast members through out the park would refer to Madilynn as Princess. "Hello Princess!" "Enjoy your day princess!" It was amazing!Then she met the Princesses while in costume. Something we will never forget![...]

coming home


Well, Goodbye Disneyland! We have had fun. Madilynn loved all the characters she met. Paul only had a few heart attacks from the food prices. I have seen enough pictures of myself to motivate me to start working out again. And Quinton is now officially scared of everything!



We are on vacation in Disneyland and having an amazing time! I will update about it all when we get back! It has been an amazing trip!





I have been neglecting my blog duties this week. But i have good reasons I promise. We are leaving for Disneyland the day after tomorrow. So my days have been filled with last minute errands and packing of clothes. I cannot believe that we are finally going on vacation!

The other thing that has kept me from posting isn't as nice. Someone I know, and am very fond of, is going through a personal crisis and she needs to find the strength inside her to get through. I hope that she remembers that her family and friends love her and that is why they are doing this. It might seem mean and wrong and hurtful at the moment, but one day I hope she realizes that everyone has her and her children's best interests at heart.

That is all I can say.

Playdate friday


We had a playdate scheduled for today with my multiples group. It was at 10 30 am at a park downtown. We normally miss the morning playdates because Madilynn gets out of Kindergarten at 10 40am. But there was no school today. The boys normally go down for their morning nap at 9 am. But I figured I would just wake them up early.

It took me 20 minutes to convince the 3 year old (Quinton) that he had to wear pants and it was too chilly for shorts. Then Madilynn decided that she wanted to dress as sleeping beauty for the day. It was 10 15 am before I even got in to wake up the twins. But I did, and by 10 40 am we were out the door. I was so impressed with myself for only being a few minutes behind!

We walk out the door, and the rain starts coming down. The sky was blue and sunny! And it was raining.

But I had all my kids dressed, the diaper bag packed, everything ready to go. So we went to the mall instead. But of course, since school was out and it was raining, every other kid in town was at the mall play area.

But we got out of the house.




We (as in Paul, Madilynn, Quinton and I) are leaving for Disneyland in exactly one week. I am so excited for my two oldest children to experience the magic that is Disney. But at the same time I am scared to death to leave the twins. Landon and Preston are going to stay home and my neice and two best friends are going to take shifts in watching them. I know that these three ladies are going to do a wonderful job caring for them and they love my kids as if they were their own. But it is still going to be hard for me to leave my boys for five days.

Yes, I have left them before. For my birthday this past February, I went to Eugene for a girls shopping trip. But I left the boys with my husband. Paul and I are both going this time.

Everything will be fine. But I will miss the boys terribly.

I have instructed all three ladies to not tell me if the boys do something for the first time while with them. For example -- If Landon takes his first steps while we are gone, they are to never tell me. They are to pretend (at least while in my presence) that it never happened. That way when he does it when I am around -- I can believe that it is the first time.

Sound fair to me.

What's for dinner?


(image) Me - "Hi, honey. So glad you are home!"

Paul - "What's for dinner?"

Me - "What would you like?"

Paul - "Um, isn't it ready yet?"

Me - "No, it is only 4 pm."

Every single day. No matter what. This is our conversation. The first thing Paul want to know when he gets home is what are we having for dinner. Just once I would like to hear "How was you day? How are you? " But no.... Never going to happen.

I have a plan. I am going to say something new as a response to the every present question of "What's for dinner?"

My responses

-- Food

-- I don't know, what are you making?

-- Placenta (you know -- just to see if he is really listening)

-- We are eating like babies tonight -- formula and cheerios.




(image) Yesterday, my beautiful, amazing, thoughtful daughter was called ugly. We were playing at the play area at the mall. Paul and I were busy wrangling the twins. They kept trying to escape from the play area! When I overheard two young girls (maybe 3 or 4 years old) tell Madilynn that she was ugly. All Madilynn wanted to do was to play with them as they were the only other little girls there. Instead she had her heart crushed by being called a short four letter word.

It is so hard to watch our children learn life's lessons. Most days, I just want to package up all the lessons I have learned throughout my life and hand them to my kids all wrapped up with a pretty bow. I want them to learn from my heartache and my stumbles. I do not want them to have to go through those things themselves.

In the end, all I could do was hug her and stroke her hair. Hopefully, she will remember how much this lesson hurt and in the end, she will never call another person ugly or any other name. Hopefully, she will never become a "mean girl."

Happy Sunday


(image) Sunday nights are my favorite time of the week. All the kiddos are in bed. My husband is in bed. The house is still. And tomorrow? School is back in session! I only have one child in school so far, but it still makes my days easier when I am short one kid. And the best part is being short one husband!

Don't get me wrong, I love having my husband around. But I also love when he goes back to work and we can start doing things my way again. You see, when Paul is home, nap time get messed up, meal time is random, and our schedule is pretty much thrown out the window. Any mom knows that when the schedule is gone -- moms job is so much harder.

So here I am enjoying my Sunday evening, and knowing that I get five days of doing things MY WAY! (Yes, I might be back on Friday posting how much I love the fact that my husband will be around for two days to help me out, but give me my moment).

eating out


(image) We all went out to eat tonight. Yes all 6 of us. We took everyone to Red Robin to eat. Before I had even sat down, Preston was crying in his high chair, Quinton was standing on his chair, Landon has thrown all his toys on the floor and Madilynn had to go potty. We ordered and while waiting for food, Quinton would scream every few minutes because Landon kept eating his coloring page. Our food came, I ate 2 bites and then I had to take Madilynn to the bathroom again. When we finally got back to the table, I ate 2 more bites and Paul had finished his meal and it was time to go.

I thought eating out was supposed to let me actually eat my dinner with my family? Normally, by the time everyone is dished and babies fed, my food is cold and everyone else is done eating. Eating out is no better.

I am going out to eat alone tomorrow. I am going to savor every single hot bite!


Preston can walk.


(object) (embed)


already one?


The boys are now 11 months old. They will be one year old in just one short month.
I survived a year with twins.
I never thought I would get through this year.
Everyone is still intact.
No major catastrophes occurred.

I am stronger than I thought.